Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 150316 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2360 on: November 2, 2022, 01:27:11 pm »
Was interested, but can’t justify paying that. Especially with a replacement TV and Christmas around the corner.
AHA!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2361 on: November 2, 2022, 01:33:35 pm »
PSVR2 price announced. £529

Pre orders start November 15th.

Expensive bit of kit but to be fair looks far more high specced than PSVR did, whereas that always felt like a good entry model this seems much more complete.

Still not sure about the library announced so far. Seems underwhelming.

I take it the original PSVR games won't be compatible?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2362 on: November 2, 2022, 01:47:14 pm »
I take it the original PSVR games won't be compatible?

Nope.

I've still got mine sitting there but it's just an arse getting out.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2363 on: November 2, 2022, 01:53:08 pm »
Nope.

I've still got mine sitting there but it's just an arse getting out.

Shit that. I sold mine a while ago because of the hassle of setting it up and had a few games I'd started but not finished like Iron Man VR and that. Hopefully they patch some games to PSVR2.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2364 on: November 2, 2022, 09:26:40 pm »
Wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the whole game sharing feature.

So me and my mate went halves on MW2, he purchased it on his account and I enabled game sharing from his account on my console so I can now play MW2 on my account from my console. He has my account on his PS5 with enabled sharing. That's great. But I have PS plus purchased on my account and I have a few games downloaded from the PS catalogue - problem now is that my brother's account on my PS5 can't access those games (as in they are locked), how would I overcome this issue? He's lost access to PS plus when previously he had it.

Would it be a case of me disabling game sharing from my account on my mates console - in that case would I still have access to MW2?

Or would it be a case of my mate has to purchase PS plus and that will enable PS plus on all accounts on my console (including my brother's).

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2365 on: November 3, 2022, 02:34:49 pm »
Mad pricing, considering you have to shell out £400-£500 already just to be able to use it.

So a grand for VR, no thanks.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #2366 on: November 7, 2022, 08:59:48 am »
Persona 4 Golden (on the Vita) is probably my favourite game ever - have got P5 on my backlog for my Deck, but haven't played it yet.

The best way to look at it is it is a JRPG, with turn based combat and dungeons to explore, where, when you are *not* in the dungeons you are a school kid, doing normal school kid stuff, and making friends.  And the combat itself, is not done by you and your friends as characters, but by "personas" (think a little like pokemon - each with their own special strengths and weaknesses, move sets, etc)

Whilst this might not sound as enticing to some, the purpose behind this is very cool - basically, because the dungeon crawling bit is team based (like early FFs), the better friendships you make, the better your team mates actually *are* in battle, the more (and cooler) special moves you can do, the better your personas are (as you can make them better, evolve them better, etc).

Also, the "slice of life" part is more about immersion as well - it really *feels* like you are in Japan, etc - if you have played the Yakuza games, the whole wandering around the city as the character, going into stores, gambling, etc - acts in a similar way to really immerse you in the city.
Thank you, Scottymuser. I have just purchased Persona 5 Royal (not Persona 5, even it's cheaper) a few minutes ago. Am in office and ask my daughter to click "download" it for me at home from my PS4 500GB.

Can't wait to play it when reach home. I have no idea whether the game is fun or not, but aahhh just try it. Would never know, wouldn't I?

I am going to turn on the Japanese voice dub with English subtitle, yeay!!!  ;D  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2367 on: November 9, 2022, 06:05:17 am »
Wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the whole game sharing feature.

So me and my mate went halves on MW2, he purchased it on his account and I enabled game sharing from his account on my console so I can now play MW2 on my account from my console. He has my account on his PS5 with enabled sharing. That's great. But I have PS plus purchased on my account and I have a few games downloaded from the PS catalogue - problem now is that my brother's account on my PS5 can't access those games (as in they are locked), how would I overcome this issue? He's lost access to PS plus when previously he had it.

Would it be a case of me disabling game sharing from my account on my mates console - in that case would I still have access to MW2?

Or would it be a case of my mate has to purchase PS plus and that will enable PS plus on all accounts on my console (including my brother's).

So, you can still game share with your brother but you will need to deactivate your account as primary console on your friends console.

You will then need to activate your account as primary console on your brothers console. You can still continue to gameshare with your friend but you will need to make sure all purchases are done through his account. And keep his account activated as primary console on your console.

If you have PS plus on your account and your brother has your profile linked as primary console then he will receive the PS plus benefits without being logged in as you.

Bit confusing and could probably be worded a bit better but hope this helped.

EDIT: Just seen your brother plays on the same console that you do, in which case then yes as you said make your account the primary account on your console. This won't affect you game sharing with your pal, just means your friend won't have access to your games.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2022, 06:25:14 am by MomoWasBoss »
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2368 on: November 11, 2022, 05:50:33 pm »
Thank you, Scottymuser. I have just purchased Persona 5 Royal (not Persona 5, even it's cheaper) a few minutes ago. Am in office and ask my daughter to click "download" it for me at home from my PS4 500GB.

Can't wait to play it when reach home. I have no idea whether the game is fun or not, but aahhh just try it. Would never know, wouldn't I?

I am going to turn on the Japanese voice dub with English subtitle, yeay!!!  ;D  ;D

Wise move. Royal is better in every way and adds a lot of new content and quality of life additions.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2369 on: November 19, 2022, 02:55:23 pm »
Anyone wanting cheap PlayStation plus subscriptions?

They are currently discounting the highest tier Playstation plus by 25% right now (£75 from £100)

You can get a £75 playstation gift card from Amazon for £63.68

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BKSXCC5G?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_8c368ee2_NA

Just buy the card, add it to your wallet then use that to buy your PlayStation plus subscription. This does stack with what your currently have so you can add an extra year (or years) for over £30 cheaper than RRP

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: November 19, 2022, 03:53:49 pm »
Anyone wanting cheap PlayStation plus subscriptions?

They are currently discounting the highest tier Playstation plus by 25% right now (£75 from £100)

You can get a £75 playstation gift card from Amazon for £63.68

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BKSXCC5G?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_8c368ee2_NA

Just buy the card, add it to your wallet then use that to buy your PlayStation plus subscription. This does stack with what your currently have so you can add an extra year (or years) for over £30 cheaper than RRP

Is right mate how long are they running with the 25% discount for?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2371 on: November 19, 2022, 04:31:02 pm »
Is right mate how long are they running with the 25% discount for?

28th November. But it does stack if you already have a subscription. I've just added another year onto my current one

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2372 on: November 22, 2022, 10:47:48 am »
Think I'll pick up Evil West in a week or so once all the reviews are in, but it's looking good so far.  Minimal fucking about, just straight fighting all the way through, perfect.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: November 29, 2022, 02:20:18 pm »
Guys.  Couple of quick questions from a long time but casual gamer.

Is it really worth upgrading to a PS5 if i only play a handful of titles every year?  I want to play the new GOW, is it worth buying a PS5 with GOW bundle to get the max benefits from the game or will PS4 be fine?

Question 2 -   I can pick up a PS5/GOW bundle from a few outlets for £540.  Is this an ok price?

cheers   :wave

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2374 on: November 29, 2022, 03:13:03 pm »
What is included in that bundle?  £450 is the standard price and a game is £70 max so shouldn't be setting you back more than £520 unless it comes with something else?

Yes 100% it is a big upgrade, especially if you have 4k HDR tv, and if it can do VRR and 120hz even more so.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2375 on: November 29, 2022, 03:32:21 pm »
Guys.  Couple of quick questions from a long time but casual gamer.

Is it really worth upgrading to a PS5 if i only play a handful of titles every year?  I want to play the new GOW, is it worth buying a PS5 with GOW bundle to get the max benefits from the game or will PS4 be fine?

Question 2 -   I can pick up a PS5/GOW bundle from a few outlets for £540.  Is this an ok price?

cheers   :wave

Just want to add the only difference between the PS4 and PS5 version GoW will be the load times (which isn't really that big of a deal to be honest) and the haptic feedback on the controller which is much better on the PS5. If you already have a PS4 Pro, I'd personally say it's not worth it if you're only gonna play rarely. If you're on the base model of the PS4 you'll definitely notice a big difference though, provided you have a TV that has HDMI 2.1 functionality (ALLM, VRR, 120Hz)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: November 29, 2022, 03:34:21 pm »
What is included in that bundle?  £450 is the standard price and a game is £70 max so shouldn't be setting you back more than £520 unless it comes with something else?

Yes 100% it is a big upgrade, especially if you have 4k HDR tv, and if it can do VRR and 120hz even more so.

They've increased prices recently. It went up by $30-$50 I think. So 540 pounds for the game + console sounds about right

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2377 on: November 29, 2022, 05:47:27 pm »
PSVR2 price announced. £529

Pre orders start November 15th.

Expensive bit of kit but to be fair looks far more high specced than PSVR did, whereas that always felt like a good entry model this seems much more complete.

Still not sure about the library announced so far. Seems underwhelming.

That's quite a lot of dosh, you'd have to be very very keen.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: November 29, 2022, 07:22:05 pm »
Cheers for the replies lads. I think my PS4 is just the base model to be honest.

Yeah my TV is a Samsung QLED 4K HDR with a HDMI 2.1

My missus will throw a few ton my way as a Xmas pressie so might go for it. Fuck it :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: December 4, 2022, 04:04:37 pm »
Took the plunge and ordered PS5 & GOW bundle from the BT Shop.  £539

Did it with PayPal credit and got 4 months 0% interest free.

Cant wait to play GOW then The Callisto Protocol.  Yes 52 year-old's can also get excited at Xmas too :lmao

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: December 5, 2022, 04:57:46 am »
GoW is amazing especially if you can manage to avoid any spoilers. It gets a little slow about 1/3 of the way in but it definitely picks up

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: December 6, 2022, 11:52:13 am »
If you registered the PSVR2 emails have been coming out.

I got one this morning and against my better judgement caved and preordered the Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle.

I probably wouldn’t have bothered but we’ve been using the current VR headset more again recently and it is brilliant when it clicks. Am looking forward to Horizon, the Star Wars game and some racing games coming to it.

It looks like a big step forward, and easier to set up so I expect we’ll use it more for those reasons.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: December 8, 2022, 12:36:36 pm »
Got my PS5 Yesterday and fired it all up. Looks pretty damn glorious on my 4k HDR telly.  :)

Not even started GOW Ragnarok yet.  Just been playing Astro's Playroom which is great fun.

Will be moving on to serious gaming shortly!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2383 on: December 14, 2022, 11:28:52 am »
Astro was so good, perfect game for a new console owner.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: December 14, 2022, 01:45:08 pm »
Astro was so good, perfect game for a new console owner.
Agreed, I loved it. Played it to platinum too, because it was so fun.

If the makers could churn out another short game of that quality, I'd love it

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2385 on: December 14, 2022, 03:15:34 pm »
when is the new spiderman game out on ps5? might consider getting a ps5 when its out.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2386 on: December 14, 2022, 03:36:47 pm »
when is the new spiderman game out on ps5? might consider getting a ps5 when its out.

The end of next year apparently mate. Be worth playing the first one and the spin off before it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2387 on: December 14, 2022, 04:27:51 pm »
Yeah both Spiderman and Miles Morales are top tier games.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2388 on: December 21, 2022, 03:43:48 pm »
Yeah both Spiderman and Miles Morales are top tier games.

Bit too samey for me.  I loved the first one, but the second was just more of the same and didn't really grab me.  Completed it, but I didn't platinum it like I did the first.  Not sure I'd want to play a third version.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2389 on: December 21, 2022, 09:33:51 pm »
Agreed, I loved it. Played it to platinum too, because it was so fun.

If the makers could churn out another short game of that quality, I'd love it
Agreed, Platinumed it also and I am the opposite of a trophy hunter

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: December 23, 2022, 05:50:38 pm »
Jedi: Fallen Order
Fallout 76
Axiom Verge 2

PS+ games for January apparently, from someone who twitter who has a very good track record with these leaks.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2391 on: December 23, 2022, 06:01:21 pm »
Jedi: Fallen Order
Fallout 76
Axiom Verge 2

PS+ games for January apparently, from someone who twitter who has a very good track record with these leaks.

Haven't played it since completing it way back when it was released, but Fallout 76 seems to have had a resurgence of sorts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B0wccxcmrlA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B0wccxcmrlA</a>

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2392 on: December 25, 2022, 11:02:08 am »
Santa has completely by surprise bestowed upon my 41 year old arse a PS5. I’m finally allowed in this thread. Merry Christmas new best friends. So long suckers in the PS4 thread.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2393 on: January 1, 2023, 07:44:09 am »
Welcome to the promised land.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: January 5, 2023, 07:36:45 am »
Announced at CES last night that GT7 will be day one on PSVR2. I’ve got a preorder sorted but was questioning it over Christmas. After this announcement I’m sticking with it.

There weren’t many specifics in the announcement but the associated video did have a larger number of cars in it than you ever got on PSVR.

Ideally you’ll get the full game in VR but even if it’s arcade racing with good fields of cars that’ll be a great.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2395 on: January 5, 2023, 07:41:15 am »
Yeah I saw that. I wasnt going to get PSVR2 on launch because I wasnt feeling the library, but this is definitely tempting me.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: January 5, 2023, 08:13:31 am »
Resident Evil for the PSVR 2 looks tempting as well.

I won’t be getting it at day 1, but hopefully I’ll pick one up in the not too distant future.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: January 5, 2023, 09:14:34 am »
How much of the PSVR catalogue is getting an upgrade to PSVR2 do we know? Mad that they didn't just make it backwards compat.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: January 8, 2023, 01:02:20 pm »
I realise it’s been around months but my plus expired in the summer and I haven’t renewed cos had no need, thinking of getting it now and I used to go the cd keys route of the 12 month card sub, am I right in thinking that this will get the essential package as it’ll be carry overs from the old system?

Are the higher packages worth it?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: January 8, 2023, 02:11:23 pm »
I realise it’s been around months but my plus expired in the summer and I haven’t renewed cos had no need, thinking of getting it now and I used to go the cd keys route of the 12 month card sub, am I right in thinking that this will get the essential package as it’ll be carry overs from the old system?

Are the higher packages worth it?

Extra is worth it if you are interested in the catalogue of games that come with it. If you go to shopto.net you can get a 50 quid PS card for 42.85 https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55596-playstation-wallet-top-up-50-00-p52491/

Plus right now there is a sale on the playstation store for the extra tier for 49.99. meaning you get the extra tier for 42.85 which is cheaper than the basic one would usually be anyway.

Premium isn't worth it imo as PS3 titles can only be streamed and PS2 and PS1 titles are limited.