Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 151369 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2560 on: October 14, 2023, 03:57:59 pm »
Thanks will give that a go when I’m home

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: October 15, 2023, 03:20:26 pm »
Went to buy one today, that deal for the disc version with FIFA was around £420 in multiple stores and too good to turn down, the price has now gone up to £530 in the same stores, guess I'll wait for a similar deal in the near future now, you snooze you loose.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2562 on: October 16, 2023, 04:34:11 pm »
Looks like Insomniac have done it again with Spider-Man 2. Sitting on 91 MC score, Definitely a major leap graphically over MM on PS5. Fast travel is insane, you pick any road on the map and it takes you there instantly, should be the standard for all fast travel going forward once you've unlocked an area.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: October 16, 2023, 09:24:12 pm »
Looks like Insomniac have done it again with Spider-Man 2. Sitting on 91 MC score, Definitely a major leap graphically over MM on PS5. Fast travel is insane, you pick any road on the map and it takes you there instantly, should be the standard for all fast travel going forward once you've unlocked an area.

Great news and fair play Insomniac as I can imagine it’s extremely difficult to top or follow such great games in the series. Looking forward to being able to play it in a few days time

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2564 on: October 17, 2023, 07:30:09 am »
The IGN review score of Spiderman 2 is mad. The review says how great it is, better than the first etc, then they bang an 8 on it

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2565 on: October 17, 2023, 12:59:31 pm »
IGN can't win, they score things too high they're 'in the pocket of the publisher', they score it too low and people nit-pick the fuck out of the review and call the reviewer clueless :lmao :lmao
:D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: October 17, 2023, 01:09:30 pm »
The way I look at reviews scores is that you should use positive review scores to bring your attention to games you didn't know about but you don't let negative scores affect your decision on getting a game that you're excited for unless there are specific grievances that the review itself mentions.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2567 on: October 17, 2023, 02:49:48 pm »
Basically reviews don't use the scale of 0-10 anymore, it's 7-10 these days which is mental.

The game looks great, if you liked the first 2 there's nothing I would imagine that puts you off enjoying this one.

Similarly if you didn't get on with the other 2 then I don't see what this would change, unless your only problem was the story.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: October 17, 2023, 03:35:56 pm »
Numerical rating of games is silly anyway, why would someone obsess over it in such detail. It's just a reference point, content of the review is more important. Also you can add a point to almost any game score if you really like the genre and add another if you also really like the setting of the game. It's terribly individual after all, never could be anything but.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2569 on: October 17, 2023, 04:40:54 pm »
So I got myself a PlayStation 5, loaded all my information into it, went to my collection to redownload Cyberpunk which I bought on the ps4 when it first came out and there is a locked symbol next to it and it’s asking me to pay $44 for it?? What’s that all about? Any ideas??

So after trying everything finally had to contact support, apparently when I bought the game in 2020 PS decided to refund all the people who bought it because of the all the issues that the game had. So in short I don't actually "own" the game cause it was refunded, so if I want to play it again I have to buy it for the PS5.

Meh.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2570 on: October 17, 2023, 04:44:46 pm »
They did (or still are) offering a free 5 hour trial for it, if that's still live?

Just looked, that was back in 2022!  Wow time flies.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: October 17, 2023, 04:45:31 pm »
They did (or still are) offering a free 5 hour trial for it, if that's still live?

I think you need to be a high tier of ps plus subscription to play it.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: October 17, 2023, 05:59:54 pm »
Oh yeah I remember that, they removed it from the store didn't they.

Have you got a disc PS5 or digital? They released a free upgrade for PS5 and there's gotta be a few cheap copies knocking about.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: October 17, 2023, 06:08:30 pm »
Oh yeah I remember that, they removed it from the store didn't they.

Have you got a disc PS5 or digital? They released a free upgrade for PS5 and there's gotta be a few cheap copies knocking about.

Mine was a digital copy, but they let you play the game for free.

Nah the PS agent said if I want to play it on the ps5, I had to buy it again.

I'll give it a skip.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: October 18, 2023, 04:04:06 pm »
Mine was a digital copy, but they let you play the game for free.

Nah the PS agent said if I want to play it on the ps5, I had to buy it again.

I'll give it a skip.

If it is true that they did refund you, then your complaint is you don't get to play a game for free that you haven't actually bought, and that you have to actually buy it in order to play it?  Have you confirmed that the money *was* refunded to your PSN account/Bank Account?  If it did, why do you think you are all of a sudden entitled to play a game for free?

As many have said, there is no PS5 version - there is a PS4 version, which comes with a free PS5 upgrade - and the PS5 when you buy it will give you the option of which version to download. 

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: October 18, 2023, 04:46:55 pm »
If it is true that they did refund you, then your complaint is you don't get to play a game for free that you haven't actually bought, and that you have to actually buy it in order to play it?  Have you confirmed that the money *was* refunded to your PSN account/Bank Account?  If it did, why do you think you are all of a sudden entitled to play a game for free?

As many have said, there is no PS5 version - there is a PS4 version, which comes with a free PS5 upgrade - and the PS5 when you buy it will give you the option of which version to download. 

Yes the money went back into my account. No I don't feel entitled to play a game I haven't paid for. I forgot they refunded the game when it came out, so once explained to me I said ok thank you.

Not sure where the "entitlement" came from but ok.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: October 18, 2023, 05:11:19 pm »
Yes the money went back into my account. No I don't feel entitled to play a game I haven't paid for. I forgot they refunded the game when it came out, so once explained to me I said ok thank you.

Not sure where the "entitlement" came from but ok.

Fair enough - apologies - the way I read some of your comments suggested that, despite the game being excellent (and rated as such by all) nowadays after the patches, that you weren't going to play it *because* of this situation.  I can not recommend it highly enough personally  - it is easily a GOTY-quality game nowadays - so do encourage you to try it (although I would wait, like I did, for a sale - just because in general I find game prices to be a little too steep)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: October 18, 2023, 05:46:30 pm »
Fair enough - apologies - the way I read some of your comments suggested that, despite the game being excellent (and rated as such by all) nowadays after the patches, that you weren't going to play it *because* of this situation.  I can not recommend it highly enough personally  - it is easily a GOTY-quality game nowadays - so do encourage you to try it (although I would wait, like I did, for a sale - just because in general I find game prices to be a little too steep)

No worries all good. I played the game on the ps4, what happened was when you bought a digital copy right off the bat (like I did) it was so bugged that the PS store refunded the money but let you keep the game. So I played it on the ps4 to conclusion. But now that I have the ps5, I don't feel the need to pay $50 for a game that I have already played. I would rather wait for the new spiderman game and put the money towards that.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: November 23, 2023, 02:52:55 pm »
Numbers are crazy:

https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-sales-lead-the-way-in-europe-while-xbox-sales-have-fallen/

The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is leading the way in Europe in console sales while both Xbox and Nintendo have fallen behind.

According to the latest data, 481,000 consoles were sold across European markets — UK and Germany not included — in October. PS5 sales are up 143% year-over-year in the region. Nintendo Switch fell 20% year-over-year but finished second in console sales while the Xbox Series X|S fell 52% in the same time.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: November 24, 2023, 09:34:10 pm »
seeing this for £389.. not sure if I should or not
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2580 on: November 26, 2023, 01:24:33 pm »
It's £389 because the new slim model goes on sale in UK later this week I think, they are clearing stock of the OG model (which is still perfect).

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2581 on: November 26, 2023, 06:56:11 pm »

you won't see it cheaper IMO

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2582 on: November 27, 2023, 03:58:50 pm »
It's about a common price at the moment, the last sales had this with fifa for £409 which is similar if you remove/add a game.

The brand new dualsense colours are out for only £39.99 too, the red looks great.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2583 on: November 27, 2023, 03:59:33 pm »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2584 on: November 29, 2023, 12:01:00 pm »
Everton boycotting them yet?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2585 on: December 6, 2023, 04:40:43 pm »
Was thinking of gifting myself one of these for Christmas, would have thought they’d have gone down further in price than they have though. Maybe I’m being naive. Is a price drop likely in the near future?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2586 on: December 6, 2023, 04:46:23 pm »
Loads of deals were around £405 with a game, may see some for Christmas, but with the new revision that is a little more expensive so likely is that the standard prices will remain.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: December 7, 2023, 03:16:52 am »
Except for holiday deals or stock clearances the age of consoles gradually going down in price is over methinks. The Switch never got a price drop 5-6 years later and is one of the best selling consoles of all time. Both the PS5 and Xbox Series went up in price. Console makers are done constantly taking a loss on their hardware.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: December 7, 2023, 12:18:07 pm »
Bought this last night, my first ever PlayStation. Previously just had a PC and a Switch, but I can't be arsed forking out for graphics card upgrades anymore. Played a bit of EA FC 24 last night and loved it (having been used to the switch version for a while which is a bit shite )

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: December 7, 2023, 03:24:20 pm »
Except for holiday deals or stock clearances the age of consoles gradually going down in price is over methinks. The Switch never got a price drop 5-6 years later and is one of the best selling consoles of all time. Both the PS5 and Xbox Series went up in price. Console makers are done constantly taking a loss on their hardware.

The way the economy is going, after 10 years people will get/demand the money back that they paid for a console, on the 2nd hand market.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #2590 on: December 8, 2023, 09:35:54 am »
New God Of War DLC next week. Great timing as I'm about to finish the story mode on Ragnarök.

https://www.polygon.com/game-awards-tga/23992965/god-of-war-ragnarok-dlc-valhalla-release-date-ps4-ps5

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: December 8, 2023, 12:57:47 pm »
after constant issues with UPS I finally got the PS5. My daughter is loving the Astro's playroom game, little gem! All my games are PS4 games though, any recommendations for a PS5 designed game that will really make me appreciate the new console?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2592 on: December 8, 2023, 01:35:05 pm »
after constant issues with UPS I finally got the PS5. My daughter is loving the Astro's playroom game, little gem! All my games are PS4 games though, any recommendations for a PS5 designed game that will really make me appreciate the new console?

Spider-Man 2 and Ratchet & Clank I'd say.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2593 on: December 8, 2023, 02:10:05 pm »
Sackboy’s a nice little title, if your daughter’s young and you wish to co-op.
AHA!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: December 8, 2023, 08:03:40 pm »
Sackboy’s a nice little title, if your daughter’s young and you wish to co-op.

Would second this. Very fun and cute game.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: December 8, 2023, 09:33:53 pm »
Stray was a lot of fun! Highly recommend it

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: December 8, 2023, 09:49:54 pm »
Returnal is probably the most Impressive game in terms of how it utilises all the strengths of the PS5 over PS4. Haptic feedback and the triggers really do add more depth, the 3D audio is second to none. Artistic design is incredible but I guess that's nothing new with Housemarque

Ratchet is impressive too

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2597 on: December 11, 2023, 11:16:06 am »
Didn't realise this God of War DLC is free, that is amazing.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: December 12, 2023, 01:09:54 pm »
thanks for the recommendations! We are playing sackboy already which she absolutely loves, though she doesn't like the baddies so I have to get all of them ;D

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2599 on: December 18, 2023, 12:59:30 pm »
If you want some fun games for your daughter, the Lego games are great, loads of different franchises.

Apparently the Lego mode inside of Fortnite is great too, she doesn't have to play the main game it's like a version if Minecraft and from what I hear not enemies.