Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 151146 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2280 on: July 28, 2022, 10:51:34 pm »
Can 2 people play the same game (PGA tour) if one is on PS4 and the other is on PS5, or do they have to be on the same console?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2281 on: July 28, 2022, 10:55:31 pm »
Can 2 people play the same game (PGA tour) if one is on PS4 and the other is on PS5, or do they have to be on the same console?

Depends on the game. If both versions of the game are the PS4 version I'd say yes, if one is the PS4 version and the other the PS5 version, often not.

Just googled though and it does sound like PGA Tour 2K21 is cross gen compatible so you should be good either way with that game.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: July 28, 2022, 11:35:27 pm »
Nice one 👍
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2283 on: August 7, 2022, 07:54:04 pm »
can you crossplay FIFA? With Xbox users I mean

Would ya could ya?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: August 7, 2022, 11:12:15 pm »
Yeah

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: August 18, 2022, 11:08:03 pm »
Probably a daft question, but if you sign up to PS Plus Extra/Premium can you download the games to your hard drive like Game Pass, or is it all streaming? My missus wants to play Stray so thought I’d just upgrade tier as it’s in the game catalogue.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: August 18, 2022, 11:30:21 pm »
Yep you can download Stray

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: August 18, 2022, 11:42:14 pm »
Yep you can download Stray

Excellent thanks mate. I say my missus I want to play it as well!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2288 on: August 19, 2022, 11:16:57 am »
Probably a daft question, but if you sign up to PS Plus Extra/Premium can you download the games to your hard drive like Game Pass, or is it all streaming? My missus wants to play Stray so thought I’d just upgrade tier as it’s in the game catalogue.

Only the PS3 games are streaming only

Otherwise the default is download

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: August 19, 2022, 11:22:05 am »
Just sent mine back to the retailer for a refund (hopefully), it was intermittently losing the signal to the tv until finally earlier this week, would not register at all, can only assume a dodgy HDMI port. Sony tried charging £240 for the fix, luckily I bought it from Very who offered a 2 year warranty, bought it 14 months ago.

Not at all impressed by build quality or the attitude from Sony.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: August 19, 2022, 11:32:08 am »
that's a shame, I thought I had the same but had to REALLY clip the HDMI cable in hard - doesn't seem the best port to be honest

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: August 19, 2022, 10:19:10 pm »
I have playstation plus for free for a month , says ps+gifting tier nb free anyone had this ? I did nothing to activate such a thing just alucky mistake ?.
No time for caution.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: August 22, 2022, 07:06:06 pm »
Just sent mine back to the retailer for a refund (hopefully), it was intermittently losing the signal to the tv until finally earlier this week, would not register at all, can only assume a dodgy HDMI port. Sony tried charging £240 for the fix, luckily I bought it from Very who offered a 2 year warranty, bought it 14 months ago.

Not at all impressed by build quality or the attitude from Sony.
Aren't Sony supposed to be "Consumer friendly"?, I had a mare of a time getting a new controller under warranty from them for my PS5 after 3 months, then of course their bribing of studios to delay them allowing games on to Gamepass, and now they're being sued for £5bn because they were artificially inflating the prices of digital games, haha, not a great look for Sony is it?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2293 on: August 22, 2022, 07:30:24 pm »
What do you mean bribing lol

I think it's common place to pay a publisher to keep a title on your system and therefor off another. They (Sony and MS) both do it.

I don't understand the 5 billion lawsuit either, Sony, MS and Nintendo all take a 30 percent cut from there respective digital stores on console.

There customer service sucks though, refund policies etc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 07:32:45 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: August 22, 2022, 07:48:02 pm »
What do you mean bribing lol

I think it's common place to pay a publisher to keep a title on your system and therefor off another.[/]They (Sony and MS) both do it.

I don't understand the 5 billion lawsuit either, Sony, MS and Nintendo all take a 30 percent cut from there respective digital stores on console.

There customer service sucks though, refund policies etc
You're referring to exclusivity on a system, and yeah they all do it, Sony are paying 3rd party developers a bung to delay Xbox Gamepass getting the games on their service, that's bribery.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2295 on: August 23, 2022, 08:54:10 am »
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ratchet and Clank a Rift Apart?

Bought it for my lad’s birthday and had a go last night after the game. Looks good tried the Fidelity mode in 40fps (thankfully we are lucky enough to have a 120hz vrr screen) and it looks very nice.

Tried Performance RT and the 60 frames was too nice not sure I can go back even to the better images to be honest.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: August 23, 2022, 10:55:22 am »
For me Ratchet and Clank was and still is an experience I don't think I could of had on PS4. The resistant triggers with Dualsense, it's nice that depending how you use the triggers can give you an alternative fire as well as that feedback. The super quick loading and transitions between dimensions...I mean I know they said it could of been done on PS4 then why didn't nobody do it...

The image is super clean, the performance options are great. It was just a really good package of everything and it's a fun game and like Spiderman also by insomniac they just make games fun to play around with.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: August 23, 2022, 08:09:15 pm »
Pro controller

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/08/sony-reveals-official-ps5-pro-controller-dualsense-edge

Sony has revealed the DualSense Edge — an official PS5 'Pro' controller that's highly customisable. As you'd expect of a 'Pro' pad, you can tune the device to suit your needs. Inputs can be reconfigured, deactivated, and you can tweak things like stick dead zones. You can also save multiple control profiles and swap between them.

As for the controller's more physical aspects, you get three types of swappable stick caps, and two sets of swappable shoulder buttons and triggers. A braided USB-C cable is also included.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2298 on: August 23, 2022, 08:53:59 pm »
For me Ratchet and Clank was and still is an experience I don't think I could of had on PS4. The resistant triggers with Dualsense, it's nice that depending how you use the triggers can give you an alternative fire as well as that feedback. The super quick loading and transitions between dimensions...I mean I know they said it could of been done on PS4 then why didn't nobody do it...

The image is super clean, the performance options are great. It was just a really good package of everything and it's a fun game and like Spiderman also by insomniac they just make games fun to play around with.

Didn't realise they made Spiderman Miles Morales - these are two of my favourite PS5 games so far, best I've played in terms of gameplay and pure fun

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2299 on: August 23, 2022, 09:04:20 pm »
Pro controller

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/08/sony-reveals-official-ps5-pro-controller-dualsense-edge

Sony has revealed the DualSense Edge — an official PS5 'Pro' controller that's highly customisable. As you'd expect of a 'Pro' pad, you can tune the device to suit your needs. Inputs can be reconfigured, deactivated, and you can tweak things like stick dead zones. You can also save multiple control profiles and swap between them.

As for the controller's more physical aspects, you get three types of swappable stick caps, and two sets of swappable shoulder buttons and triggers. A braided USB-C cable is also included.
Dammit I'm gonna buy this aren't I.

I bought back paddles off Amazon and fitted them myself to my DualSense but I'm a sucker for 1st party shit like this.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2300 on: August 23, 2022, 09:09:39 pm »
Had a Disc Edition Console in my ShopTo basket and was about to finally pull the trigger but when I went to pay it was out of stock again :lmao

FFS.

Might call around a few GAME stores tomorrow in Liverpool/Sefton tomorrow.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: August 25, 2022, 11:17:31 am »
Price is going up apparently to £480 for the disc edition.

https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-5-price-increase-announced-by-30-in-uk

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #2302 on: September 6, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »
i bought one when it first was released after having MANY failed attempts due to it selling out, however i think i've played it like 10 times since. my nephews when they come over play it more then me. It really was wrong timeing having 2 under 2's, i just don't get time with bloody cocomelon on 24/7  ;D

is it stil hard to get hold of a ps5? that's a piss take if it is, has this ever happened with other consoles prior? I don't remember finding it difficult to buy any of the previous Playstations when they released

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: September 6, 2022, 02:17:14 pm »
Anybody played TLoU Remake and is it just a cash grab at £70?!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2304 on: September 6, 2022, 04:36:26 pm »
They have put an incredible amount of work into it - it's probably my favourite game of all time.  But having played it on PS3 and PS4 I will be waiting for the price to drop.

Digital Foundry covering it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mv0dAwPqCs

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #2305 on: September 6, 2022, 04:53:47 pm »
Anybody played TLoU Remake and is it just a cash grab at £70?!

its not just a normal "remastered", the quality improvement is huge. down to the character models/animation etc. its like LoU2

theyre my favourite games so I would get it, but charging/paying full whack again is a stretch. worth waiting for it to get a pay drop or go to the ps+ service probably.

the digital foundry video is a great breakdown of the improvement

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: September 6, 2022, 08:06:39 pm »
its not just a normal "remastered", the quality improvement is huge. down to the character models/animation etc. its like LoU2

theyre my favourite games so I would get it, but charging/paying full whack again is a stretch. worth waiting for it to get a pay drop or go to the ps+ service probably.

the digital foundry video is a great breakdown of the improvement

Looks fantastic but having played it through three times on both PS3 and PS4 Pro I can't see myself playing it through again

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2307 on: September 7, 2022, 10:04:33 am »
Yeah dont fancy paying £60 odd quid to just get to the basement and then stop playing it for a few months until I've built up the courage
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2308 on: September 7, 2022, 12:27:00 pm »
Yeah dont fancy paying £60 odd quid to just get to the basement and then stop playing it for a few months until I've built up the courage

Hated that part.

But there is an easy way through
Spoiler
, basically the bloater spawns once you start the generator (then it doesn't work) so go upstairs and get the keycard and hide at the end of the corridor, all the stalkers run to you (4 of them) then come back and do the generator and run like fuck
[close]
« Last Edit: September 7, 2022, 12:29:10 pm by Walshy nMe® »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: September 7, 2022, 11:06:21 pm »
Piece of piss to get them at retail now, just have to follow the stock pages on twitter and you’ll get one online.

I’ve managed to get 6 so far (1 for me and my brother each and the rest for mates.)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: September 9, 2022, 01:50:51 am »
I really hope ND intends to port this to the PSVR2. It's the only thing that makes it worth it being remade and for the asking price. You'd need to be wearing one of those adult nappies for it, though, because any sort of horror in VR is absolutely petrifying to experience.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2311 on: September 11, 2022, 08:25:03 am »
Trying to get hold of one but seems to be sold out everywhere.

Any ideas/tips?

Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2312 on: September 11, 2022, 08:45:29 am »
Trying to get hold of one but seems to be sold out everywhere.

Any ideas/tips?

Thanks

If you've got a PS account you can ask Sony to tell you when the next batch is on their online store, that's how we did it.  Got one within a week.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2313 on: September 11, 2022, 09:44:13 am »
If you've got a PS account you can ask Sony to tell you when the next batch is on their online store, that's how we did it.  Got one within a week.

Nice!

I've logged in on the Sony website and search PS5 but it's not showing any consoles - only headsets.

How did you manage to do this?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2314 on: September 11, 2022, 01:01:37 pm »
Nice!

I've logged in on the Sony website and search PS5 but it's not showing any consoles - only headsets.

How did you manage to do this?

Should be a big orange 'Register your interest' button top rightish.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: September 11, 2022, 01:27:32 pm »
BT shop have got them at the moment, I've got one arriving tomorrow.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2316 on: September 11, 2022, 02:16:29 pm »
Should be a big orange 'Register your interest' button top rightish.

Found it, thanks.

BT shop have got them at the moment, I've got one arriving tomorrow.

Must be sold out now, can't see any consoles.. do you have a link?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: September 12, 2022, 04:11:46 pm »
Available now direct from Sony, had an E-mail a few minutes ago

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2318 on: September 12, 2022, 05:39:49 pm »
Found it, thanks.

Must be sold out now, can't see any consoles.. do you have a link?
ShopTo just emailed me saying they have bundles

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2319 on: September 12, 2022, 11:46:31 pm »
I've just ordered a PS5 and was looking at getting Cyberpunk too but can't find any PS5 versions. Is the PS4 version meant to be used for the PS5 aswell? As in there no specific PS5 case for Cyberpunk?