Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3517432 times)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44120 on: December 21, 2016, 11:53:20 am »
No, that was tacked-on for the original theatrical release back in '82 - pretty much against everyone's will - so it's available on the DVDs and such, but not considered the Director's true vision. Harrison Ford himself made comments at the time while recording the narration that he thought it was bullshit  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44121 on: December 21, 2016, 11:57:38 am »
A pretty good version of Rogue one is about now if people fancy watching it again.

Rogue One A Star Wars Story 2016 x264 HDTS AAC(Deflickered)-DDR

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:59:21 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44122 on: December 21, 2016, 12:02:46 pm »
It is; there are minor differences overall really to TDC (I put TDK in my post at the top of this page, not sure why I went all Mortal Kombat there), which was the definitive version for about 15 years or so.

It has plenty of improvements, but makes a few very small changes which I personally would've preferred to've been kept in, most noticably a classic dissonant sweary line which was quite iconic, but Ridley Scott felt he needed to alter for some reason. But it was amazing to see at the flicks when it was released, nearly a decade ago now.

Cheers mate will stick with that one. Looking forward to getting it watched now.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44123 on: December 21, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
Blade Runner will always be Blade Runner. Making a prequel/sequel/spin off shouldn't change that for anyone.

If the new one's shite, fuck it. If it's boss, brilliant. If it's average, forget it.

Prior to the Arrival I had no hope at all for it but now I do. Villeneuve gave us a glimpse of a seemingly original voice, maybe he'll surprise a few of the naysayers, and if he doesn't? Who gives a fuck as we'll all still have the original!
Yeah.

It's similar to Alien and Prometheus, isn't it. I still love Alien. Prometheus is vile, yet I don't let it effect my enjoyment of the first three films in the Alien canon.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44124 on: December 21, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »
Villeneuve is on some run
 Prisoners   
Enemy
Sicario
Arrival

I imagine Blade Runner will at least be competent, potentially great
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #44125 on: December 21, 2016, 02:28:37 pm »
Yeah.

It's similar to Alien and Prometheus, isn't it. I still love Alien. Prometheus is vile, yet I don't let it effect my enjoyment of the first three films in the Alien canon.
It's different, as Prometheus is a very vaguely prequelly thing with no familiar characters, nor any mention of them. It's extremely easy to dismiss as a chapter in the original story, because it isn't tied so tightly to Alien with categorically canonical elements.

This is a direct sequel, where the main character of the original returns, unambiguously answering a question that many feel was best left unanswered. And before anyone says that might not be the case, the latest trailer more or less confirms that with a snippet of dialogue, if you're paying attention.

Of course the original is still there, but the events in sequels, following the same people, can directly impact on their predecessors. In this instance, it retroactively alters a viewer's perception of who the protagonist of the original actually is, very likely forcing it down a single path when it was a positive feature that it was previously left open to interpretation. That's far more powerful than the relationship between Alien and Prometheus, or even that between Alien & Aliens, Aliens & Alien 3, etc. And I personally can't stand what Prometheus did suggest about the origins of the Xenomorph, but I can far more easily just bin all that in my mind.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #44126 on: December 21, 2016, 03:23:59 pm »
Picked up Star Trek: Beyond today as part of HMV's 2 for Ł20 deal (had to get my sister the Ab Fab movie, shudder),

Not seen it but just watched the one with Benedict Cabbagepatch in and enjoyed that one so fingers crossed!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44127 on: December 21, 2016, 03:53:21 pm »
Just for you... ;D

Trespass Against Us 2016 720p SCREENER XviD AC3

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44128 on: December 21, 2016, 03:56:38 pm »
Just for you... ;D

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44129 on: December 21, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »
It's different, as Prometheus is a very vaguely prequelly thing with no familiar characters, nor any mention of them. It's extremely easy to dismiss as a chapter in the original story, because it isn't tied so tightly to Alien with categorically canonical elements.

This is a direct sequel, where the main character of the original returns, unambiguously answering a question that many feel was best left unanswered. And before anyone says that might not be the case, the latest trailer more or less confirms that with a snippet of dialogue, if you're paying attention.

Of course the original is still there, but the events in sequels, following the same people, can directly impact on their predecessors. In this instance, it retroactively alters a viewer's perception of who the protagonist of the original actually is, very likely forcing it down a single path when it was a positive feature that it was previously left open to interpretation. That's far more powerful than the relationship between Alien and Prometheus, or even that between Alien & Aliens, Aliens & Alien 3, etc. And I personally can't stand what Prometheus did suggest about the origins of the Xenomorph, but I can far more easily just bin all that in my mind.
I understand that. I just don't get the....preciousness, that I'm seeing about a film people have still yet to see.

If it was a straight up remake I'd be concerned, but it's not and the director has a couple of good films under his belt.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44130 on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44131 on: December 21, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »
Just for you... ;D

Just had a look and the quality is alright on this.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44132 on: December 21, 2016, 04:24:39 pm »
Shit the bed....a HD screener! :o ::)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44133 on: December 21, 2016, 04:25:14 pm »
Shit the bed....a HD screener! :o ::)
Not bad at all, Rob.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #44134 on: December 21, 2016, 04:34:43 pm »
I understand that. I just don't get the....preciousness, that I'm seeing about a film people have still yet to see.

If it was a straight up remake I'd be concerned, but it's not and the director has a couple of good films under his belt.
But that's the thing, I've explained why it isn't just being precious.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44135 on: December 21, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »
I didn't hate the Brent movie but it wasn't very good.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44136 on: December 21, 2016, 04:42:13 pm »
But that's the thing, I've explained why it isn't just being precious.
People dismissing a film before it's been released doesn't seem precious to you? I'll admit to being the worst in here when it comes to remakes of films I love...I will not watch The Magnificent 7...if I'd have seen Kurosawa's work first I might/probably would have given The Magnificent Seven a swerve. But it seems to be "cutting your nose" stupid if people aren't willing to even watch the film that is being made...I love Bladerunner, but I'm willing to give the people working on it a chance.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #44137 on: December 21, 2016, 05:00:01 pm »
I don't think they're dismissing the film, but rather they strongly disagree with some of the decisions being made (that we know about), and what that suggests about the reasons behind its being made now.

It's gona be in a weird sort of situation where something resembling fan service (the reappearance of an iconic character, clearly intended as a substantial link between this and the original, to mark it out as the real deal and not just a modern reworking) is actually a serious misstep with a lot of fans.

Say a beloved adventurer character dies a fittingly heroic death, and that loss is felt in the film, it intensifies the dramatic impact of the overall story that has led up to that point... and then they come back to life for a sequel, because they are the most well-loved character and synonymous with that film property. In that example, it doesn't really matter how good that sequel is as a film in its own right, or how elaborate the explanation for the return of the fallen protagonist, it's already done something to the film that came before it, and not something good.

A Blade Runner sequel set after the events of the original, exploring more of that society through the lives of new characters? Good stuff, bring it on. The same Deckard appearing alive in it 20 years later? Not so hot in my view, because of how it affects things outside of that sequel. And if it turns out that somehow isn't the same Deckard? At what point does it become just a bit of a cheap trick?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44138 on: December 21, 2016, 07:49:06 pm »
I don't think they're dismissing the film, but rather they strongly disagree with some of the decisions being made (that we know about), and what that suggests about the reasons behind its being made now.

It's gona be in a weird sort of situation where something resembling fan service (the reappearance of an iconic character, clearly intended as a substantial link between this and the original, to mark it out as the real deal and not just a modern reworking) is actually a serious misstep with a lot of fans.

Say a beloved adventurer character dies a fittingly heroic death, and that loss is felt in the film, it intensifies the dramatic impact of the overall story that has led up to that point... and then they come back to life for a sequel, because they are the most well-loved character and synonymous with that film property. In that example, it doesn't really matter how good that sequel is as a film in its own right, or how elaborate the explanation for the return of the fallen protagonist, it's already done something to the film that came before it, and not something good.

Highlander 2. This and a million other crimes against cinema.

I've said I won't be seeing it, that doesn't make me precious. There are lots of movies I don't see every year. I haven't watched any of the Transformers past the first one, even though I loved the characters as a kid, because it was shit. The list of films I haven't seen is longer than the list of ones I have. Never watched the Blues Brothers sequel either, for different but sort of similar reasons. Or the Ghostbusters remake.

I'm not telling anyone else to avoid them, or hoping they fail. I am just saying "no thanks".
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44139 on: December 21, 2016, 09:03:47 pm »
Some rumours about Villeneuve picking up the new 'Dune' movie.
He's a major fan of the novels and has good eye for a sci-fi, not the worst choice if it turns out to be true.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #44140 on: December 21, 2016, 09:10:08 pm »
Deep Water Horizon was ok, in an ok sort of way. Rogue One was good but took its time to get moving. Storkes was good fun ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44141 on: December 21, 2016, 09:16:20 pm »
Looks pretty good that trailer for Bladerunner - i guess it puts the whole 'Is Deckard a replicant?' argument to bed. Well, either that or they'll convolute it to squeeze a story out of it.

It certainly looks the part, but Harrison Ford seems to be on a bargain basement sale at the minute and whilst he's a great actor, he will be 'iconified' as some of his more major characters. I get the feeling that he now accepts that and is happy to cash-in on the greatest hits - because it hasn't always been so.

Anyhow, I can't wait myself - good director, good cast (even though I neither like/dislike Ryan Gobbling)... We'll just have to wait and see... If Star Wars is anything to go by, it seems totally possible to revamp a franchise and expand on the lore. As shite as some previous attempts have been, Disney have made it an art-form. If Sony/Columbia can hook into the more mature or elder age group, they may be able to canonise the story.

Tuna and Cheese on Toast for me.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44142 on: December 21, 2016, 09:17:35 pm »
Highlander 2. This and a million other crimes against cinema.

I've said I won't be seeing it, that doesn't make me precious. There are lots of movies I don't see every year. I haven't watched any of the Transformers past the first one, even though I loved the characters as a kid, because it was shit. The list of films I haven't seen is longer than the list of ones I have. Never watched the Blues Brothers sequel either, for different but sort of similar reasons. Or the Ghostbusters remake.

I'm not telling anyone else to avoid them, or hoping they fail. I am just saying "no thanks".

It's a bit early for such a definitive statement surely? The new Ghostbusters movie was seemingly made by the wrong people for the wrong reasons, ditto for Transformers, but as far as I can tell the motivation for a Blade Runner sequel is just that some very talented people really want it to happen. That doesn't guarantee anything of course, the same could be said for Prometheus and that wasn't a great film, but it doesn't mean that a brilliant sequel can't be made decades after the original.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #44143 on: December 21, 2016, 09:21:04 pm »
Hacksaw Ridge is the one I am looking forward to seeing.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #44144 on: December 21, 2016, 10:15:06 pm »
Trespass Against Us

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #44145 on: December 21, 2016, 10:32:37 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44146 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »
Trespass Against Us
I'm not forgiving-I didn't like this. ;D

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #44147 on: December 21, 2016, 10:47:50 pm »
Looks pretty good that trailer for Bladerunner - i guess it puts the whole 'Is Deckard a replicant?' argument to bed. Well, either that or they'll convolute it to squeeze a story out of it.
That argument, and the ambiguity, is very important though. It wasn't a Shyamalanesque contrived twist at the end, it establishes a sense of doubt that informs the whole story, and reflects the trouble the memory-implanted creations have with their existence and whole sense of identity. It's so much better to leave it open, not to just explain to a thicko audience whether or not Gaff's origami unicorn was a mere coincidence, or that he held more than simple suspicions. It's an important element to interpret Deckard's subtle reactions as implying doubt himself, or acceptance, or defiance.

His reappearance 30 years on throws the expiry date matter right out, and I'm a bit concerned with how they'll move on from there; the various non-straightforward possibilities seem unnecessarily contrived, to me. "He's special, you see, because the plot of this one requires it". Seems just a wee bit cheap, doesn't possess the same class as the open-ended, audience-decides-for-themselves approach.

It'll be visually sumptuous, no doubt, but I fear it'll try to seem deep, but not quite manage it. I'm not actually that keen on the casting, myself. And I think a whole glut of Blade Runner films, a la Disney's emerging Star Wars offensive, is a horrible idea. Cinematically, that universe is there to experience in the original film and in writing, and to dream about with your electric sheep. I would say expanding upon it is better done through other media, especially videogames, especially VR. I hope this is a standalone sequel, not a testing of the commercial water.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #44148 on: December 21, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »
That argument, and the ambiguity, is very important though. It wasn't a Shyamalanesque contrived twist at the end, it establishes a sense of doubt that informs the whole story, and reflects the trouble the memory-implanted creations have with their existence and whole sense of identity. It's so much better to leave it open, not to just explain to a thicko audience whether or not Gaff's origami unicorn was a mere coincidence, or that he held more than simple suspicions. It's an important element to interpret Deckard's subtle reactions as implying doubt himself, or acceptance, or defiance.

His reappearance 30 years on throws the expiry date matter right out, and I'm a bit concerned with how they'll move on from there; the various non-straightforward possibilities seem unnecessarily contrived, to me. "He's special, you see, because the plot of this one requires it". Seems just a wee bit cheap, doesn't possess the same class as the open-ended, audience-decides-for-themselves approach.

It'll be visually sumptuous, no doubt, but I fear it'll try to seem deep, but not quite manage it. I'm not actually that keen on the casting, myself. And I think a whole glut of Blade Runner films, a la Disney's emerging Star Wars offensive, is a horrible idea. Cinematically, that universe is there to experience in the original film and in writing, and to dream about with your electric sheep. I would say expanding upon it is better done through other media, especially videogames, especially VR. I hope this is a standalone sequel, not a testing of the commercial water.

Good post.

I'm a bit sad to learn that Deckard is not a replicant. I don't think the appearance of Harrison Ford 30 years on necessarily completely confirms that he's not a replicant, but that certainly appears to be the case. I thought the story was better for him having been a replicant all along.

I don't necessarily agree that the world couldn't do with more Blade Runner movies. I think the philosophical questions of Blade Runner are more relevant than ever, 30 years on. But I would be concerned if a whole glut of movies are coming, because that would almost certainly dilute the purity of the original, at least a little. I'm inclined to give the cast the benefit of the doubt. Ryan Gosling's Drive performance gives me some confidence that he can bring the right stuff to this role. The rest of the cast.. probably has a bit more star power than I'd want, but I'll give it a chance for now.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44149 on: December 21, 2016, 11:08:37 pm »
Star Wars was conceived as an episode in a longer story. Blade Runner is perfectly self contained with a beginning middle and end, it's structured to pose one question and leave you to think about that. There's no point at all in a sequel. All it can do is restate the same question, or, more likely, just be a pointless exercise.
More stories in that world? Fine, but it's not that, it's bringing back Decker and just by doing that it shits on the original. Now we know that he doesn't have an expiry. Thanks a fucking bunch. Ruined.

true. its a bad comparison as Star Wars is an open universe while Blade Runner is very much focused on characters. also, point taken regarding Deckard appearing in this one.

the question put forth by PKD in Blade Runner is "What does it mean to be human?" and while the hazy ambiguity of the original film is brilliant and nostalgic im simply all for seeing what Villeneuve will come up with. i seriously doubt he'll drop a bomb or anything, it'll just be a ride like most his films with great music and intense performances.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #44150 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »
Making another Blade Runner, and then watching it, and then trying to compare the two - is like touching another blokes cock, with your cock, and then discussing the merits of the interaction, and then comparing them, and then wondering whether there will be a third. Time to die.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44151 on: December 21, 2016, 11:25:46 pm »
It's a bit early for such a definitive statement surely? The new Ghostbusters movie was seemingly made by the wrong people for the wrong reasons, ditto for Transformers, but as far as I can tell the motivation for a Blade Runner sequel is just that some very talented people really want it to happen. That doesn't guarantee anything of course, the same could be said for Prometheus and that wasn't a great film, but it doesn't mean that a brilliant sequel can't be made decades after the original.

The only statement I'm making is that I personally don't want to see it. I don't think Blade Runner needs a sequel. I don't think we're any closer to answering the questions that the original raised.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #44152 on: December 22, 2016, 11:55:39 am »
I'm not forgiving-I didn't like this. ;D

Only watched it last night after posting and thought it was awful. Big shame as I thought in Fassbender and Gleeson you had two great actors playing roles within what could have been a interesting world or at least been loads of fun. What a waste.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #44153 on: December 22, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »
Only watched it last night after posting and thought it was awful. Big shame as I thought in Fassbender and Gleeson you had two great actors playing roles within what could have been a interesting world or at least been loads of fun. What a waste.

Best Brendan Gleeson film, The Guard, by a mile.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44154 on: December 22, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »
Best Brendan Gleeson film, The Guard, by a mile.
I felt Calvary was at least it's equal

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #44155 on: December 22, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »
The Guard is a fun film, Calvary the supporting cast is terrible.

In Bruges is superior to both.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44156 on: December 22, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »
Terrible is a very strong word!

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44157 on: December 22, 2016, 04:37:06 pm »
Making another Blade Runner, and then watching it, and then trying to compare the two - is like touching another blokes cock, with your cock, and then discussing the merits of the interaction, and then comparing them, and then wondering whether there will be a third. Time to die.

i expected reluctance, even hostility but this is taking it to a whole another level.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44158 on: December 22, 2016, 04:53:49 pm »

If it sells, they will commercialise it.

I can't see it doing well in today's market - the original had to come through a hard time itself and it was this very reason that it is as lauded as it is today.

If you watch Dangerous Days, Bladerunner appears to have had the elements against it at every turn. As Hapton Fancher said himself, it was being made for (and by) people who didn't know what it was about. This time around, they do know what it is about and they'll be sure to remind you of that.

For years upon years, Scott et al. have had us believing that Bladerunner is a self-contained story about the duality of man. In a way, we're now being told that the story not only isn't finished, but that the very fabric that the original was built upon, is (or appears) to be gone. I'm sure they will find a very artistic way to interweave Deckard's story into the new film - or it would just look like they were sticking Harrison Ford/Deckard in there to give the 'sequal' some kind of semblance.

I dunno guys... There are no surprises any more. I look forward to this film, but will more than likely watch it through gritted teeth.
Continually on 11,420.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #44159 on: December 22, 2016, 05:26:53 pm »
The Guard is a fun film, Calvary the supporting cast is terrible.

In Bruges is superior to both.

In Bruges is good, even Colin can't ruin that one.