Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3501915 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #54640 on: April 4, 2022, 10:59:53 am »
Fresh on Disney+

Pretty good, not stereotypical for these kind of movies: 7/10.

Yeah we watched that this weekend.....decent but fucking gruesome.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54641 on: April 5, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »
De Niro was at the Cambridge Union a couple of months ago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pFa9J7R6Eko" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pFa9J7R6Eko</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #54642 on: April 5, 2022, 05:21:15 pm »
It was absolutely brilliant. Would've been a brilliant cinema watch, I think it would've had a release if it wasn't for Covid to be honest. Isn't it the biggest advance sale in Sundance history? Red Rocket is getting a national cinema release at the moment and that had a similar rise through Sundance etc. But, your point is very valid. Currently directing my first feature and, although it is exciting the amount of different avenues your film can go down and land on now, it's also annoying that "traditional route" is pretty much dead.

"Currently directing my first feature"

Super cool, that. I used to be a film journalist, best of luck to you. As you say, many avenues to go down. I'd be interested to hear more when the time comes...
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #54643 on: April 5, 2022, 10:32:53 pm »
Just watched "24 X 36: A movie about movie posters" on sky arts, was very good, preceded by an hour long special on album covers (a nice entree). Reminded me of watching and being fascinated by 'comics Britannia'.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #54644 on: April 7, 2022, 08:05:37 am »
Am I allowed a moment of shameless self-promotion.....?  8) :lickin

Official trailer for 'The Sixth Secret', Estonian production, in English. I'm Mr Bramley  ;D

Cinematic release in Autumn, not sure if it'll reach the UK but there's a US distributor and it's going to be at various film festivals - one of the other actors just landed a nice role in a film by Clooney and I already got another gig off the back of this production :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RrwlgIqPToI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RrwlgIqPToI</a>
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 11:45:23 am by 24∗7 »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54645 on: April 7, 2022, 09:57:51 am »
Am I allowed a moment of shameless self-promotion.....?  8) :lickin

Official trailer for 'The Sixth Secret', Estonian production, in English. I'm Mr Bramley  ;D

Cinematic release in Autumn, not sure if it'll reach the UK but there's a US distributor and it's going to be at various film festivals - one of the other actors just landed a nice role in a film by Clooney and I already got another gig off the back of this production :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RrwlgIqPToI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RrwlgIqPToI</a>

Nice

I bet he loves apples
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #54646 on: April 7, 2022, 11:41:57 am »
Nice

I bet he loves apples
Hard core apple fan unlike you 🍏😂

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54647 on: April 8, 2022, 03:01:13 am »
Everything Everywhere All At Once is absolutely nuts. A wild, weird original
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 10:43:45 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54648 on: April 8, 2022, 01:00:48 pm »
Everything Everywhere All At Once is absolutely nuts. A wild, weird original
I'm seeing it tonight. Can't wait.

Ambulance tomorrow.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #54649 on: April 8, 2022, 01:03:35 pm »
I'm seeing it tonight. Can't wait.

Ambulance tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #54650 on: April 8, 2022, 09:01:29 pm »
After watching Dopesick, I have been going back through Michael Keaton’s catalogue and re-watched some classics over the past few weeks.

Both Batman films, Mr Mom, Multiplicity, Birdman, Spotlight etc…

Love both Mr. Mom and Multiplicity. Both make me smile.

“Uh… 240, 241… whatever it takes.’ Haha!

Doug #4 in Multiplicity should have had his own spin off film.

I can’t find Clean and Sober anywhere so Jackie Brown or Pacific Heights will be next on the list.

He has such amazing range.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54651 on: April 8, 2022, 09:11:59 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54652 on: April 8, 2022, 10:38:41 pm »
After watching Dopesick, I have been going back through Michael Keaton’s catalogue and re-watched some classics over the past few weeks.

Both Batman films, Mr Mom, Multiplicity, Birdman, Spotlight etc…

Love both Mr. Mom and Multiplicity. Both make me smile.

“Uh… 240, 241… whatever it takes.’ Haha!

Doug #4 in Multiplicity should have had his own spin off film.

I can’t find Clean and Sober anywhere so Jackie Brown or Pacific Heights will be next on the list.

He has such amazing range.

He plays a snowman like no one else.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54653 on: April 8, 2022, 11:04:48 pm »
Will Smith banned from the Academy Awards for a decade. I think this fella might be in charge

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #54654 on: April 9, 2022, 01:15:54 am »
Is there anywhere online I can watch the academy awards full show replay?

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54655 on: April 10, 2022, 11:52:39 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was as enjoyable as the first one if you're the right age to have played the Mega Drive games. The adult jokes were mostly under-the-radar enough to be hilarious without impeding the flow of the film itself - it still felt like a really well done kids film. And Jim Carrey and Adam Pally are both terrific once again.

Some older movies I watched last week:

An Angel At My Table: Top draw. It takes its time and isn't flashy, but that really suits the subject matter. You're watching momentous events in someone's life but nothing feels over the top, it's just really well done, and its feminism is passive - ie. it's reflected in the world around the main character rather than on the nose - which makes it feel more authentic. Really good performances and it's the rare film that feels both real and genuinely inspiring.

Timecode: This shouldn't stand up as well as it does but the low-quality early digital film actually enhances it. Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas) made a film where four cameras are simultaneously filming in one take, following a series of characters around an area of mid-level Hollywood, with the sound up on a quarter of the screen at a time, switching quarters so you only get part of the story at once. A rare example of a cinematic experience that pays off once you get used to it, and something that almost certainly rewards repeat viewings.

Out of the Blue: Dennis Hopper's punk film, which does feel like an outsider's take (especially compared to something like Suburbia) but which rests on an extraordinary lead performance by teenager Linda Manz, who some people will remember from Days of Heaven. It's pretty grim but works almost as a companion piece to Easy Rider, placing the counterculture again up against the hick straights, but in an age of disillusionment rather than hope. It also has an iconic piece of dialogue from old skool indie track that many people will recognise immediately.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #54656 on: April 11, 2022, 01:16:04 am »
Jerry Reed begs to differ

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54657 on: April 11, 2022, 01:22:31 am »
An Angel At My Table: Top draw. It takes its time and isn't flashy, but that really suits the subject matter. You're watching momentous events in someone's life but nothing feels over the top, it's just really well done, and its feminism is passive - ie. it's reflected in the world around the main character rather than on the nose - which makes it feel more authentic. Really good performances and it's the rare film that feels both real and genuinely inspiring.

The best Campion film I've seen. An excellent biopic

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #54658 on: April 11, 2022, 02:43:08 am »
Jerry Reed begs to differ

Fucking loved Cledus, so much cooler than Bandit...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #54659 on: April 11, 2022, 11:54:29 am »

Haha! i did put this on Saturday Night to drift off to!

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #54660 on: April 11, 2022, 01:37:09 pm »
Fucking loved Cledus, so much cooler than Bandit...
Have a look at this for how fucking cool that fella is...Effortless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7dwyT9m9k&ab_channel=TheCowboy

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #54661 on: April 11, 2022, 02:13:34 pm »
Have a look at this for how fucking cool that fella is...Effortless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7dwyT9m9k&ab_channel=TheCowboy

There it is... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54662 on: April 11, 2022, 09:08:38 pm »
Watched Shaun of the Dead for first time in years on Saturday on ITV. I forgot how funny it is.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #54663 on: April 16, 2022, 06:39:14 pm »
So The Northman is fucking awesome. 2 hours of primal, brutal, mystical fun. The direction, cinematography, soundtrack and sound design are absolutely amazing. The performances are also great, especially Skarsgard's physical performance. He truly makes for an imposing and terrifying figure. The story is pretty basic, and the writing might not be as strong as in Eggar's other films, but this one doesn't really focus on dialogue all that much, so you don't exactly miss it. There are some nice flourishes now and then though, that remind you of the director's sharp wit.

I had my reservations coming in though. As a big fan of Eggar's previous work, I wasn't a fan of the trailer, as it had a very mainstream look to it, and hearing about studio interference from the director himself, did nothing to squash my fears. And you can definitely see some elements of that, this might well be his most accessible film.

The overall pace of the film is a bit at odds with Eggar's usually more patient and methodical work; Although this wasn't overall necessarily a bad thing, there were instances where it definitely felt a bit rushed. Clearly, the studio hands at work, demanding the story to move quicker. There were some other scenes (not too many, fortunately) that felt a bit off tonally with the rest of the movie, which was probably part of reshoots; But I don't think any of it ruin it for me, far from it. I think Eggar's overall vision still comes across in waves, even if a bit watered down for mainstream audiences. Definitely recommend watching it in the theatres. It's a sensory feast.

Online Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54664 on: April 17, 2022, 02:50:30 am »
Everything Everywhere All At Once - Michelle Yeoh rightfully deserves praise for this movie. But she is able to shine because of Stephanie Hsu and Ke Huy Quan. They give her the characters to play against. If you’re cynical about romance, renew your faith by watching Ke Huy Quan’s performance in this movie. Michelle Yeoh is so funny as mousey Evelyn, but also so real in how she approached the mother/daughter dynamic. Stephanie Hsu injects a potentially cliche character with such warmth but also terror. I have to watch it again to absorb the subtleties of James Hong’s character. It’s a universal but also a very specific story (immigrants and second generation families).
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54665 on: April 17, 2022, 11:12:48 am »
So The Northman is fucking awesome.

Great to see this review. Cheers

Booked to see it on Wednesday night. Can’t wait.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54666 on: April 17, 2022, 03:54:05 pm »
Another fan of The Northman here, brutally brilliant.

Saw Operation Mincemeat as well, really well done. Sort of thing that'll no doubt be perfect Sunday afternoon viewing for years to come.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #54667 on: April 17, 2022, 04:39:51 pm »
Great to see this review. Cheers

Booked to see it on Wednesday night. Can’t wait.
I think you'll definitely enjoy it mate. Even though it gets really weird at times, and really brutal, it's always extremely fun. I saw it with the missus, who's really squeamish about movie violence, and she loved it.

Another thing I forgot to say in my review, is that the cultural lore, folklore, and world are so well realized here. The sets, the customs, and the ceremonies all feel deeply authentic. You really feel like you're in this brutal lived-in world. Eggars has a really great eye for detail and has a way of incorporating cultural and mythological elements into a movie, without them ever feeling intrusive or sidestepping from the story. I think if you're into Norse/Viking culture and mythology, you'll have another level of appreciation for this movie.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54668 on: April 17, 2022, 10:21:09 pm »
The Baby is one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen. It's on YouTube too.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54669 on: April 18, 2022, 12:25:47 pm »
Enjoyed The Lost City, very much a modern sort of romancing the stone. The leads are a lot of fun (great to see Channing Tatum turn up in films again after this and Dog) and Daniel Radcliffe joins the pantheon of big screen British baddies.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #54670 on: April 18, 2022, 11:00:27 pm »
Just watched the new Batman film my god its so boring 3 hours of total bollocks felt like 10 hour full of long meaningless conversations about how depressed they are.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #54671 on: April 18, 2022, 11:10:23 pm »
Just watched the new Batman film my god its so boring 3 hours of total bollocks felt like 10 hour full of long meaningless conversations about how depressed they are.

That's the Blue Room podcast.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54672 on: April 18, 2022, 11:25:36 pm »
It is a depressing story though really. It’s about a billionaire using the death of his parents as an excuse to act out his vigilante fantasies in an economically deprived city that he hoards wealth and resources from. He ain’t a superhero.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54673 on: April 18, 2022, 11:37:15 pm »
Unless the Batman lore has REALLY changed with this (and I haven't seen it so maybe it has), the Wayne Foundation is the biggest charitable organisation in Gotham and Wayne Corp it's largest employer.

Batman does try and make a difference through other means, it's why The Penguin is potentially such a fascinating antagonist, a wealthy sophisticate who uses that to corrupt.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #54674 on: April 19, 2022, 07:36:12 am »
Downloaded 2 Fleems a while back after my Brother recommended them. They were Overlord and Shadow in the Cloud. Watched the first one ages ago and the second last night. Both decent little Fleems. Watched both without any info cos my Brother told me just to stick them on. Haha the second one was a bit nuts

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #54675 on: April 19, 2022, 07:38:39 am »
Watched The Batman and thought it was boss. Got a Se7en vibe from it and a bit of Silence of the Lambs.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54676 on: April 19, 2022, 10:00:23 am »
Unless the Batman lore has REALLY changed with this (and I haven't seen it so maybe it has), the Wayne Foundation is the biggest charitable organisation in Gotham and Wayne Corp it's largest employer.

Batman does try and make a difference through other means, it's why The Penguin is potentially such a fascinating antagonist, a wealthy sophisticate who uses that to corrupt.

I'll try to answer without spoiling anything but I'll put it in a spoiler regardless.

Spoiler
The Batman is really early in Bruce Wayne's vigilante career, and he hasn't found that balance between being a Wayne and being Batman yet, so the philanthropic side isn't so established.
[close]

I loved The Batman, watched it in the cinema and then rewatched it last night, 3 utterly absorbing hours.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54677 on: April 19, 2022, 03:56:46 pm »
Watched The Batman and thought it was boss. Got a Se7en vibe from it and a bit of Silence of the Lambs.

i loved it too and i thought exactly the same as you with regard to batman meets se7en, hugely influential visually and other nods

it's not without its flaws but good job, good casting, tho for a film so concerned with its cinematography (one of its greatest strengths) the final film shot is fucking woeful really

small point but really pissed me off
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54678 on: April 20, 2022, 06:05:47 pm »
Yeah I’ll be rewatching The Batman. It was the last film I watched in the pictures and it was great and flew by.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #54679 on: April 20, 2022, 06:17:40 pm »
i loved it too and i thought exactly the same as you with regard to batman meets se7en, hugely influential visually and other nods

it's not without its flaws but good job, good casting, tho for a film so concerned with its cinematography (one of its greatest strengths) the final film shot is fucking woeful really

small point but really pissed me off
Yeah, was a bit odd that like
Spoiler
You on aboot the bikes riding off?
[close]

Agree with all that mate though. Probably up there as one of my fave Batman fleems. Felt more real/ believable (like it could happen in the real world) than the Nolan ones. Will watch it again soon