Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3501283 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41400 on: January 8, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »

This had been in my "to watch" pile for about 3 fucking years, was always put off as I thought it looked a little bit period/stuffy. Bloody hell, it was anything but, great wee vampire film that really did offer a tired genre something new.

Byzantium
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1531901/
Residents of a coastal town learn, with deathly consequences, the secret shared by the two mysterious women who have sought shelter at a local resort
[/quote]

Went to the flicks to watch that remember it being really good. Gemma Arterton as a Vampire ...... yes please

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41401 on: January 9, 2016, 10:00:05 am »
I'm notoriously shit at watching films. Sick of being asked "have you seen such-and-such" and always saying no, so one of my new year's resolutions is to watch 5 films a week that I haven't seen before and be a regular fixture in this thread. Unfortunately, I'm no great review writer, but I'll add the odd comment here and there!

The Intern

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2361509

Watched this last night and thought it was fantastic - a really heartwarming story, mixed with plenty of 'laugh-out-loud' comedy. Thought the ending was a bit shit and seemed rushed, which dropped a potential 10/10 to a 9/10.

Other films I've watched so far:

The Walk - 10/10 - Very inspirational film, amazing to believe it's based on a true story!

Creed - 7/10 - Good film, would have been better if an actor had been used to play the role of Conlon (Creed's opponent). Too many forced references to Everton due to Bellew's involvement and obvious lack in acting ability from him.

Bad Roomies - 6/10 - Funny in parts, a little too stupid at times and very abrupt ending.

The Revenant - 8/10 - Didn't fully understand exactly what was happening at times (undoubtedly more down to me being stupid than a problem with the film), very intense and inspirational regardless.

The Bad Education Movie - 4/10 - Stupid film with the odd funny part, was bored more than once.

Concussion - 10/10 - Fantasticly insightful film. Intriguing and concerning to see how far large corporations will go to protect their brand. A reminder to do the right thing whatever the consequences.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #41402 on: January 9, 2016, 06:30:47 pm »
Anyone know of a good copy of the Krays film 'Legend' knocking round on the sites. Had a quick look and cannot see anything
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41403 on: January 9, 2016, 07:12:40 pm »
Just watched Foxcatcher, with Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo as two Olympic wrestlers and brothers, and Steve Carrell as their eccentric billionaire coach.

I thought it was simply brilliant. All three actors blew me away with their performance, and the film itself was beautifully sad.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41404 on: January 9, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »
Just watched Foxcatcher, with Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo as two Olympic wrestlers and brothers, and Steve Carrell as their eccentric billionaire coach.

I thought it was simply brilliant. All three actors blew me away with their performance, and the film itself was beautifully sad.

Yup - I thought it was well interesting.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41405 on: January 9, 2016, 07:35:51 pm »
Wasn't expecting much from Concussion due to some sneering, snide reviews......shows you what the fuck they know - thought it was a cracker...Will Smith is superb in it, and in an ideal world will challenge DeCaprio for the best actor Oscar - but no doubt that will go to the pain in the arse that is Eddie Redmayne who gurns and grins his way through The Danish Girl...the luckiest twat in the acting profession.....anyway...Concussion - excellent, moving, true life expose of the perils of the NFL....well worth a couple of hours of a brothers time...8/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41406 on: January 9, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

Good 30 for 30 documentary called the Prince of Pennsylvania which is a good 'companion piece' to this movie
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #41407 on: January 10, 2016, 12:06:55 am »
Anyone know of a good copy of the Krays film 'Legend' knocking round on the sites. Had a quick look and cannot see anything
The screener version on KAT was watchable, almost DVD quality I'd say
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #41408 on: January 10, 2016, 12:45:47 am »

Watched that several months ago, although its a slow moving film I really enjoyed it too and will definitely be watching it again in the near future.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41409 on: January 10, 2016, 04:00:07 am »
Chef is a cracking movie. An unexpected gem.

After watching it, I agree :) You actually want to eat the food Favreau makes, unlike the abstract painting dishes seen in Burnt.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41410 on: January 10, 2016, 08:12:46 am »
The screener version on KAT was watchable, almost DVD quality I'd say

I saw that one of "Legend" as well, very good quality.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41411 on: January 10, 2016, 11:50:31 am »
I'm notoriously shit at watching films. Sick of being asked "have you seen such-and-such" and always saying no, so one of my new year's resolutions is to watch 5 films a week that I haven't seen before and be a regular fixture in this thread. Unfortunately, I'm no great review writer, but I'll add the odd comment here and there!

The Intern

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2361509

Watched this last night and thought it was fantastic - a really heartwarming story, mixed with plenty of 'laugh-out-loud' comedy. Thought the ending was a bit shit and seemed rushed, which dropped a potential 10/10 to a 9/10.

Might give this a watch today. Been waiting for De Niro to do so something decent for years, and Anne Hathaway Ive always had (ahem) a soft spot for.

Edit: Watched it, perfect Sunday afternoon film. My usual is gangster/horror films but really enjoyed this, and Anne Hathaway is amazing. Able to pull off drop dead gorgeous one minute then vulnerable, lost girl the next.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:56:14 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #41412 on: January 10, 2016, 07:55:47 pm »
The screeners seemed to have stopped. I'm sure they said they had 40 to release. Unless I've missed some.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41413 on: January 10, 2016, 08:07:17 pm »
After watching it, I agree :) You actually want to eat the food Favreau makes, unlike the abstract painting dishes seen in Burnt.

Yep. Who'd have thought a simple Cuban sandwich would have such an impact!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41414 on: January 10, 2016, 10:58:36 pm »
Just watched The Intern and really enjoyed it.
It was very sweet and funny and lovely.
Nothing ground-breaking or revolutionary but a solid, feel-good film.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #41415 on: January 11, 2016, 01:46:11 am »
Didn't find anywhere else to put this;

A great website where you can log your film watching, rank the films you've seen, make lists, etc.
(No payment needed to join of course)

http://letterboxd.com/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41416 on: January 11, 2016, 11:14:56 am »
Only cats who can't cook thought Chef was good....I'm a great cook. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41417 on: January 11, 2016, 05:14:41 pm »
The Last Witch Hunter 2015 720p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41418 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:39 pm »
Tormented by the loss of his family and cursed with immortal life, the last witch hunter (Vin Diesel) is all that stands between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history.

:lmao
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41419 on: January 11, 2016, 05:26:44 pm »
Watched The Business again last night.

It's a great film.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41420 on: January 11, 2016, 06:41:18 pm »
Tormented by the loss of his family and cursed with immortal life, the last witch hunter (Vin Diesel) is all that stands between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history.

If he takes on Sabrina and Hermoine, then im definitely watching that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41421 on: January 11, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »
Just watched Spectre, completely underwhelmed and the ending was just baffling.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41422 on: January 11, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »

What was the film like then...enjoy it... ;D

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41423 on: January 12, 2016, 10:47:08 am »

"The Second-to-Last Witch Hunter: First Witch Part 2"

Having stood between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history, the last witch hunter (Vin Diesel) is pushed into the background to stand behind the second-to-last witch hunter (Dwayne "The Cock" Johnson), who is now all that stands between humanity, the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history, and the last witch hunter.

"Pure kack on a biscuit - I rolled my eyes so hard, I had an aneurysm. 1 out of 10 stars." - Red "The RAWK" Mongoose
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41424 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:34 am »
at last...

Black Mass 2015 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41425 on: January 12, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »
Welcome to Leith
Freaks of Nature
Krampus

Any idea when these will be up?

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41426 on: January 12, 2016, 05:45:30 pm »
Saw Joy at the cinema and it blew me away.  Thought the acting was top all over the place and a lovely story well told.  9/10 for me and I'm not even a fan of the Lawrence/Cooper/O'Russell thing.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41427 on: January 12, 2016, 05:46:12 pm »
Welcome to Leith
Freaks of Nature
Krampus

Any idea when these will be up?
Already vod...buy it.

Freaks was out around the same as Scouts Guide-still haven't seen it anywhere though. Krampus- I think is vod/dvd at the of this month -next month..could be wrong though....was..as per. ;D

JeruZalem is due soon.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:49:38 pm by dave 5516 »

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41428 on: January 13, 2016, 12:52:02 am »
Jog on!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41429 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:50 am »

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41430 on: January 13, 2016, 09:13:20 am »
In the wrong thread again? It's over here buddy...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=88541.0

:wave

No, watched The Football Factory last night. :lmao

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41431 on: January 13, 2016, 01:32:47 pm »
Just watched Trumbo and loved it - Bryan Cranston  :thumbup

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41432 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »
Trailer for High-rise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYmY2tBYins

Looks awesome, that score!

This looks cracking, High Rise is for me one of Ballard's finest, and the score I think is by Geoff Barrow of Portishead who is fantastic.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41433 on: January 13, 2016, 06:51:33 pm »
"The Second-to-Last Witch Hunter: First Witch Part 2"

Having stood between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history, the last witch hunter (Vin Diesel) is pushed into the background to stand behind the second-to-last witch hunter (Dwayne "The Cock" Johnson), who is now all that stands between humanity, the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history, and the last witch hunter.

"Pure kack on a biscuit - I rolled my eyes so hard, I had an aneurysm. 1 out of 10 stars." - Red "The RAWK" Mongoose
;D
 How dafuq does Vin Diesel do it? He is pure muck. Sets up nicely for a witch hunter sequel....huzzah! Fully expecting another 4-5 movies from this witch hunter 'franchise'.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41434 on: January 13, 2016, 07:03:00 pm »
;D
 How dafuq does Vin Diesel do it? He is pure muck. Sets up nicely for a witch hunter sequel....huzzah! Fully expecting another 4-5 movies from this witch hunter 'franchise'.

The only good performance Ive ever seen him give was in Boiler Room from about 15 years ago. Hes pure shite, Groot is his highlight since then.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41435 on: January 13, 2016, 07:06:06 pm »
The only good performance Ive ever seen him give was in Boiler Room from about 15 years ago. Hes pure shite, Groot is his highlight since then.

I loved Pitch Black. Chronicles of Riddick was watchable.

I enjoyed the first fast and furious, the rest not so much.

Find me Guilty was an interesting one for him. Definitely watchable.

The rest haven't been great.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41436 on: January 13, 2016, 07:06:10 pm »

Saving Private Ryan? Pitch Black? The Pacifier?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41437 on: January 13, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41438 on: January 13, 2016, 07:18:26 pm »
Saving Private Ryan? Pitch Black? The Pacifier?

Shit totally forgot about The Pacifier  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41439 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »
Top gig for him there. A wooden twat to play a tree. In his element