Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3515365 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41280 on: January 2, 2016, 09:27:09 am »
Have to agree with Macphisto. Both the Hateful Eight and Revenant were very, very tedious. I would go as far as saying they were pretty boring.

The Revenant looked amazing but as a film it was well dull. Classic Oscar bait attempt there, which isnt surprising given who the Director is.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41281 on: January 2, 2016, 10:44:12 am »
Have to agree with Macphisto. Both the Hateful Eight and Revenant were very, very tedious. I would go as far as saying they were pretty boring.

The Revenant looked amazing but as a film it was well dull. Classic Oscar bait attempt there, which isnt surprising given who the Director is.

Absolute nonsense.........but opinions / arseholes and all that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41282 on: January 2, 2016, 11:03:18 am »

I thought Revenant was breath taking and that was on the small screen.

If DiCaprio wins a best actor award he should crawl to the stage.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41283 on: January 2, 2016, 11:38:56 am »
Just watched Room

Bloody hell, that was hard going

A great movie but hard to watch.  Not sure if its coz I'm a Dad with a daughter about the same age who I try and see as much as I can (which is not enough due to the ex) or that Im a soft melt but had me very glassy eyed
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41284 on: January 2, 2016, 03:24:36 pm »
45 Years 2015 LIMITED 720p BluRay X264-AMIABLE   

45 Years 2015 LIMITED BDRip X264-AMIABLE 
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41285 on: January 2, 2016, 11:57:48 pm »
Watched 'Burnt'. Wasnt ground breaking but it was quite an enjoyable film.

Also, Alicia Vikander is the sex.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #41286 on: January 3, 2016, 07:21:03 pm »

I also loved the Revenant. DiCaprio is immense and the supporting cast is great. Beautifully shot and I hope he does get an academy award for it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #41287 on: January 4, 2016, 12:27:19 pm »
Watched Creed a few days ago.  I found it pretty enjoyable (if formulaic) and well acted, especially by Sly, I thought. 

It would have been better if his arch nemesis looked like Dolph Lundgren not a chubby Evertonian, mind.  Also, having the final showdown at Woodison made me cringe & laugh in equal measures  ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41288 on: January 4, 2016, 04:35:22 pm »

Was I the only who noticed that his mauled by a bear acting was the exact same as his I'm on drugs acting in Wolf of Wall Street? Literally identical crawling and sounds!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #41289 on: January 4, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »
Was I the only who noticed that his mauled by a bear acting was the exact same as his I'm on drugs acting in Wolf of Wall Street? Literally identical crawling and sounds!

;D One trick pony isn't he!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41290 on: January 4, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

He even crawled the same in Catch Me if You Can - I mean, exactly the same... Very elbowy, not too much hip work.

Also, he was donning both scruffy unkempt beards...

Can't be a coincidence - hang him!
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41291 on: January 4, 2016, 05:56:19 pm »
In other news though - did anyone else think that Steve Carrell was excellent in The Big Short?

He still plays those quirky characters and probably always will do; but I thought he played a blinder myself.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41292 on: January 4, 2016, 05:58:08 pm »
In other news though - did anyone else think that Steve Carrell was excellent in The Big Short?

He still plays those quirky characters and probably always will do; but I thought he played a blinder myself.

Watched it last night, thought he was excellent!

A really good movie as well, I love how they interspersed breaking the 4th wall throughout the movie. Saying what really happened and whatnot.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41293 on: January 4, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

A really good movie as well, I love how they interspersed breaking the 4th wall throughout the movie. Saying what really happened and whatnot.

I like it when it goes totally left field "Here's Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain what Sub Prime is"
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41294 on: January 4, 2016, 06:23:57 pm »
I like it when it goes totally left field "Here's Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain what Sub Prime is"

Haha! Loved that as well.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41295 on: January 4, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »
Anyone watched The Rise of the Footsoldier 2 yet?

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41296 on: January 4, 2016, 06:47:17 pm »

He stood out if I am honest. Bale was good, but overall, Steve Carrell stood out...

I am always cynical of the true events behind films like this. Whenever a film starts with "Based on true events...", it is hard to view it in any kind of critical disposition. I felt the same with Wolf of Wall Street...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #41297 on: January 4, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »

Got my attention now....!

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41298 on: January 4, 2016, 08:06:07 pm »
He stood out if I am honest. Bale was good, but overall, Steve Carrell stood out...

I am always cynical of the true events behind films like this. Whenever a film starts with "Based on true events...", it is hard to view it in any kind of critical disposition. I felt the same with Wolf of Wall Street...

Gareth Bale? ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41299 on: January 4, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41300 on: January 4, 2016, 08:11:06 pm »
^^^Now...that's a film worth watching. 8)
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41301 on: January 4, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41302 on: January 4, 2016, 08:20:51 pm »
The Martian - very pleasant way to spend an extended Xmas holiday-break afternoon polishing off the last of the mince pies...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41303 on: January 4, 2016, 08:22:54 pm »
Gareth Bale? ;D

Have you seen Face Off dude?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41304 on: January 4, 2016, 09:07:00 pm »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41305 on: January 4, 2016, 09:19:08 pm »
No.

Who hasn't seen Face Off - it is boss!
Continually on 11,420.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41306 on: January 4, 2016, 09:39:36 pm »
Duke of Burgandy  - I thought it was beautiful.
Was sweet, sad, completely mesmerizing, had great atmosphere and was stunning to look at.
Utterly bizarre but totally engrossing.
And the budget was ridiculously low too, it looked lavish and decadent and beautiful.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41307 on: January 4, 2016, 11:35:07 pm »

Acted off the screen by Hardy but could be wrong

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41308 on: January 4, 2016, 11:43:30 pm »
tried rewatching The Returner. quirky little mash up of The Matrix and ID4 but doesnt really work unless you're having a beer and watching it for the first time.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41309 on: January 5, 2016, 04:34:10 am »

Hehe  ;D Max, I think you might be waiting a while until we all catch up on your hooligan films, mate  ;) Since Max is obsessed and thus untrustworthy, can anyone tell me if any of them are any good? As a point of reference: I've seen "Green Street Hooligans" with Frodo and thought it was the worst (and most phony) kack imaginable; I read the John King trilogy that starts with "Football Factory," so don't really need to watch those.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41310 on: January 5, 2016, 04:42:28 am »
Got my attention now....!

Spoiler
[close]
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41311 on: January 5, 2016, 06:11:43 am »

It was good if but a blatant copy of a smaller budget documentary on youtube. Right down to the technical breakdowns and explanations by celebrities. I wonder if it was credited somewhere, I expect it was.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41312 on: January 5, 2016, 10:48:35 am »
tried rewatching The Returner. quirky little mash up of The Matrix and ID4 but doesnt really work unless you're having a beer and watching it for the first time.

Returner is a great film, although yeah it's a fair bit better on first viewing. Around the same time I saw it I also watched Versus, which is another weird but good little flick.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41313 on: January 5, 2016, 11:10:47 am »
Hehe  ;D Max, I think you might be waiting a while until we all catch up on your hooligan films, mate  ;) Since Max is obsessed and thus untrustworthy, can anyone tell me if any of them are any good? As a point of reference: I've seen "Green Street Hooligans" with Frodo and thought it was the worst (and most phony) kack imaginable; I read the John King trilogy that starts with "Football Factory," so don't really need to watch those.
The only 'ooligan films worth watching (imho) are...

The Firm - 1988 version
I.D
The Football Factory
Awaydays

...though Dave will only agree with the first two, the later are good fun and Awaydays has a boss soundtrack!

Ultravox - Young Savage
The Rascals - All That Jazz
Cabaret Voltaire - Nag Nag Nag
Magazine - The Light Pours Out of Me
Ultravox - Slow Motion
The Cure - 10:15, Saturday Night
Joy Division - Insight
Echo & the Bunnymen - Going Up
Ultravox - Just For a Moment
The Mekons - Where Were You?
The Jam - When You're Young
Elvis Costello - Night Rally
Dalek I - The World
The Teardrop Explodes - Sleeping Gas
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Electricity
The Human League - Being Boiled
Wire - I Am the Fly
Gang Of Four - Damaged Goods

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41314 on: January 5, 2016, 11:13:52 am »
Of, The Hateful Eight....

Absolute bollocks! Cineworld not chowing it!

:no

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #41315 on: January 5, 2016, 12:08:15 pm »

The Firm - 1988 version
I.D
The Football Factory
Awaydays

...though Dave will only agree with the first two, the later are good fun and Awaydays has a boss soundtrack!

Ultravox - Young Savage
Ultravox - Slow Motion
Joy Division - Insight
Dalek I - The World
Wire - I Am the Fly

Holy shit, what a lineup!
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41316 on: January 5, 2016, 12:14:06 pm »
It's worth watching just to see the music gigs alone ;)

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41317 on: January 5, 2016, 12:46:24 pm »

The Firm - 1988 version
I.D
The Football Factory
Awaydays

Ultravox - Young Savage
Ultravox - Slow Motion
Joy Division - Insight
Dalek I - The World
Wire - I Am the Fly

Just a random bit of info for you here - one of LFC's head stewards' son was in that film.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #41318 on: January 5, 2016, 01:02:08 pm »
+1!!! Is that soundtrack commercially available?!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41319 on: January 5, 2016, 01:16:00 pm »