Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3501297 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41160 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:14 pm »
Biggest film of the year and there's no decent quality copy out of Star Wars.

Seen it in the cinema twice but dying to see it again and have no cash.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41161 on: December 27, 2015, 03:15:37 pm »
Watched Creed on Xmas night and really enjoyed it. Takes the Rocky tropes and creates new characters and stories from it, while paying homage to the original.

Ryan Coogler and Michael B Jordan are such huge talents.

There's a bit in it that made me laugh out loud and think of Mad Max here
Spoiler
Title fight at Woodison. HBO commentator says 'There's 100,000 spectators in here tonight...
[emoji2]
[close]

:lmao

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41162 on: December 27, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »
No link again! ;D
Fuckin link...want me to dl it and drop it off in Kozys for you.... :P
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41163 on: December 27, 2015, 03:22:17 pm »
Biggest film of the year and there's no decent quality copy out of Star Wars.

Seen it in the cinema twice but dying to see it again and have no cash.
I've seen posts on other sites that Disney have said they're not sending out a screener for it...who cares anyway...it's fuckin Star Wars....ffs. :P ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41164 on: December 27, 2015, 03:23:29 pm »
Ha ha, Bloody hell Dave I'm not sure I want to watch it now you've endorsed it!!  ;D  I hope its nothing like your favorite film??  :o

As for the Bond film (Spectre), I've never been overly impressed with Bond films anyway for some reason but like others have attested, this feels like you've seen it before!  :-\

So its either 'He never died' or 'The hateful eight' then tonight??
Given the two films you mention....Rollins...Tarantino's a hack. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #41165 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »
Fuckin link...want me to dl it and drop it off in Kozys for you.... :P

I don't go in there much nowadays. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41166 on: December 27, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »
I've seen posts on other sites that Disney have said they're not sending out a screener for it...who cares anyway...it's fuckin Star Wars....ffs. :P ;D

May the force be with you!

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41167 on: December 27, 2015, 03:47:00 pm »
Given the two films you mention....Rollins...Tarantino's a hack. ;D

Henry?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41168 on: December 27, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
I don't go in there much nowadays. ;D
Barred eh...was that because of the night you went in there with two female impersonators.?   ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41169 on: December 27, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »
Barred eh...was that because of the night you went in there with two female impersonators.?   ;D

No not barred, just go in other bars. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41170 on: December 27, 2015, 03:52:32 pm »
Henry?
Yeah. He's a decent actor...remember his part in Heat? He was also in SOA for a bit in season 2. In this he's good as a monosyllabic kinda character...I looked forward to for the best part of the year and I was pleased with the way film turned out.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41171 on: December 27, 2015, 03:52:48 pm »

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41172 on: December 27, 2015, 04:42:17 pm »
Really enjoyed The Hateful Eight...not the film I was expecting - which was I guess, Django Pt II - but after getting over feeling slightly let down by the theatrical feel and one room set, I started getting into it and ended up loving it. Builds gradually but the film really comes into its own in the second act as the racial tensions start to boil over and the whodunnit/menace begins .....terrific performances as you'd expect from a Tarantino cast. Walton Goggins is great as the Sheriff-elect...and Sam Jackson is - as he always is - superb with a QT script. Ennio Morricone's score is a delight - particularly over the extended opening credit sequence - and the whole thing looks a treat in panavision. Can see how the staginess and 3 hr run time could/will divide audience reaction but personally think it's the director's most accomplished film in years. 9/10

I've heard a few people saying this now and I'm tempted to watch it.
Haven't really liked anything of his for a while and didn't watch Django but I've heard a few good things about this so I may give it a go.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41173 on: December 27, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
Just watched Trumbo enjoyed it a interesting film.

Dean O'Gorman as a young Kirk Douglas was brilliant.

David James Elliott as John Wayne looked nothing like him.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41174 on: December 28, 2015, 05:51:12 am »
Really enjoyed The Hateful Eight...not the film I was expecting - which was I guess, Django Pt II - but after getting over feeling slightly let down by the theatrical feel and one room set, I started getting into it and ended up loving it. Builds gradually but the film really comes into its own in the second act as the racial tensions start to boil over and the whodunnit/menace begins .....terrific performances as you'd expect from a Tarantino cast. Walton Goggins is great as the Sheriff-elect...and Sam Jackson is - as he always is - superb with a QT script. Ennio Morricone's score is a delight - particularly over the extended opening credit sequence - and the whole thing looks a treat in panavision. Can see how the staginess and 3 hr run time could/will divide audience reaction but personally think it's the director's most accomplished film in years. 9/10
racial tensions? in a QT movie? well i'll be damned

and fwiw i'd say Django is in fact Ingloriuous Basterds II

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41175 on: December 28, 2015, 08:38:34 am »
Today's screener-Bridge.of.Spies.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

Is much better quality than the pre Xmas EVO up.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41176 on: December 28, 2015, 09:44:28 am »
Today's screener-Bridge.of.Spies.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

Is much better quality than the pre Xmas EVO up.

Still no link. ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41177 on: December 28, 2015, 11:14:20 am »
Saw 'Legend' with Tom Hardy.
Perhaps the story of Kray brothers is interesting, but this movie was anything but. Also I see no real point in Hardy doing both roles, chemistry between himself and himself is shitty throughout. Not a bad movie, but could have been better.

Also saw 'Southpaw' and apart from being a story so similar to many before it was a very good flick with a great performance from Jake Gylisomething - who is racking up some serious work in recent years.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #41178 on: December 28, 2015, 11:40:11 am »
Watched Mazerunner 2 last night & what a load of dross it was too!!  >:(
 So predictable with loads of very obvious flaws & its basically just another zombie film really which I absolutely hate as a film genre!!
I nearly had to turn it off when;
Spoiler
It came to that scene where Brenda (I think?) falls onto that window & it is cracking under her weight as she moves very very tentatively to get off it, Then a 'zombie' bloody falls onto it & they start fighting each other??? All of a sudden its 50mm safety glass eh?  :no
[close]
but the wife quite enjoyed it as a film, which tells me everything I need to know about a film really!  ::)
I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone  (except Dave  ;D)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41179 on: December 28, 2015, 12:04:02 pm »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #41180 on: December 28, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »
Watched Chinatown again last night...first time in years, like watching it for first time..what a brilliant and well made film.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41181 on: December 28, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »
right the bookies have the spotlight director(2/1) as favourite for the oscar. i see it between inarritu(3/1) for the revenant and george miller(14/1) for mad max. spotlight(4/6) will win the oscar for best picture because its highlighted a serious issue so in tradition the film that highlights the issue wins best picture. the revenant(4/1) is the film that will be spoke about in years to come though
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41182 on: December 28, 2015, 02:52:27 pm »
Watched Chinatown again last night...first time in years, like watching it for first time..what a brilliant and well made film.

In my top 5 all time I think...what a film. Just looks perfect, full of powerful acting and great plotting.

Shame about the sequel ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #41183 on: December 28, 2015, 03:24:19 pm »
Best movies of the year for me is three movies tied: Mad Max - Fury Road and Sicario and Force Awakens
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41184 on: December 28, 2015, 03:25:40 pm »
Best movies of the year for me is three movies tied: Mad Max - Fury Road and Sicario and Force Awakens

In the blockbuster, big american movie sense.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41186 on: December 28, 2015, 03:30:40 pm »

Who's this imposter? ;D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41187 on: December 28, 2015, 06:43:30 pm »
We are still here - watched this last night and enjoyed it.
I know it was an homage but it also genuinely felt like a horror flick from the 70's/80's which isn't an easy task.
I thought House of the Devil did a similar thing (creating an atmosphere/style/aesthetic similar to older horrors) and I thought that film was excellent.
Definitely worth a watch.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41188 on: December 28, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »
Ex-Machina is another one of my favourite movies of the year
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41189 on: December 28, 2015, 09:08:11 pm »
In the blockbuster, big american movie sense.

Sicario isn't blockbuster its a very serious and dark film

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41190 on: December 28, 2015, 09:10:21 pm »

Watched it on blu-ray and it really benefits from that. It is a perfect movie.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41191 on: December 28, 2015, 10:04:38 pm »
We are still here - watched this last night and enjoyed it.
I know it was an homage but it also genuinely felt like a horror flick from the 70's/80's which isn't an easy task.
I thought House of the Devil did a similar thing (creating an atmosphere/style/aesthetic similar to older horrors) and I thought that film was excellent.
Definitely worth a watch.
In addition to John's post...a good one as per...is....Fulci would have loved this....it's that good.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41192 on: December 28, 2015, 10:09:42 pm »
Just been upped to IPT...Klovn Forever 2015 DANiSH 1080p BluRay x264-BLUEYES

Klovn is one of the funniest tv series I've seen, ever...the first film Klovn was also hilarious....in this second movie Casper moves to LA and Frank follows him to the USA...if you've seen any of their previous work you'll know what to expect-if not...you really are missing out.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #41193 on: December 28, 2015, 10:12:12 pm »
Spotlight

Good movie

No real stand out performances or that much real tension given the subject matter for me

I think this would be best as a 8 to 10 hour series like the wire, building up the intertwining stories and characters

perfectly good watch but they were bound by the scale of the story and time frame
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41194 on: December 28, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »
Sicario isn't blockbuster its a very serious and dark film

There are better films than those though if you are including the whole world.

That said Mad Max was good and Ex Machina was brilliant. Not seen Star Wars and Scicaro.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41195 on: December 28, 2015, 11:38:24 pm »

That said Mad Max was good and Ex Machina was brilliant. Not seen Star Wars and Scicaro.

I'm always good. ;D

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41196 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:33 am »

didn't get to watch many movies this year, don't think I watched a single non English language movie

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41197 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:40 am »
The Revenant (2015) - absolute belter...grips right from the opening sequence (and what a sequence) and doesn't let go for 2 and a half hours...The Searchers meets Jeremiah Johnson, with additional hands-over-the-eyes gruesomeness....terrific film-making by Alejandro Inarritu...and great performances by De Caprio and Tom Hardy. Oscars aplenty await. 9/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41198 on: December 29, 2015, 11:35:48 am »
Watched Sicario last night. Beautifully shot, well acted, didn't really do anything for me apart from eye candy though.

Just watched The Hateful Eight. Nice soundtrack, other than that didn't do much for me.

Off to Star Wars later.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #41199 on: December 29, 2015, 11:40:25 am »
Absolutely loved both of the former - not interested in either of the latter. Ex Machina was so good I ran out of superlatives (being a massive Blade Runner fan) - and I am looking forward to seeing Alicia Vikander in The Danish Girl.