Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 15874 times)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Slot would have seen a good insight into the defensive frailties within this group. A lack of aggression without the ball, and a defensive shape that exposes the wide areas and asks 3 midfielders to do the work of 4 and cover the back line. A pre Season focused on rectifying these issues will go a long way to improve us, and that’s without spending any money.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The main thing I took out of tonight is that Jamie Carragher is a fucking freeloading prick. Id rather listen to Neville as at least he's got an excuse for knocking us down.

Carraghers made his pundit career as a celebrity Liverpool fan but he cant wait to dig into is the fucking leech.
He's a pundit, it's his job to provide analysis for all fans. And his analysis ain't too different from what's on here.

Ali - probably need to find a replacement cos I think he'll want to leave
Gomez - keep as squad player
Virgil - I think he's done at the top level ya know
Quansah - keep - future captain
Trent - keep, but fuck off with this inverted bollocks, it knackers everyone else, just play him in mid
Endo - keep as squad player
Mac Allister - keep, but must never be played as a 6 ever again, unless in a double pivot
Harvey - bench player - not quick enough, both in mind and body, when starting
Diaz - get rid - sound lad, just no end product
Gakpo - Slot will make a player of him, but he needs to get his head right
Mo - lost all of his physical gifts, shite on and off the ball too. Time to go and continue to lose his legs and possession of the ball on someone else's pitch

Subs: not particularly bothered if any of them get binned - they don't show enough (Gravenberch), simply lack top quality (Jones), inconsistent/flatter to deceive/overrated (Szoboszlai), incredibly wasteful and a bit of a donkey if being honest (Nunez)

Might be knee jerking, but fuck it, I'm just massively disappointed with the past 6 weeks - it's been an absolute bottle job
Total RedCafe post.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
ALi has a contract till 2027, no way we;re letting him leave 3 years early unless soemone pays a world record fee and who will on a keeper?  ;D
Bayern would I expect - and I think he'd want to go too with Klopp leaving.

I honestly hope this IS bollocks, but I've just a bad feeling that's what's going to happen
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.

Yeah that's what infuriated me. Multiple chances in the 60 seconds before they scored to just welly it to relieve some pressure.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I honestly hope this IS bollocks, but I've just a bad feeling that's what's going to happen

Bayern ain’t paying that much for a keeper, come on. Why would Alisson want to go to Germany anyway?

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
He's a pundit, it's his job to provide analysis for all fans. And his analysis ain't too different from what's on here.
Total RedCafe post.
I guess we'll see won't we
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
You didn;t answer the question Al. What's his purpose in the job? To make us better than what we are currently or not?  ;D

His job is to make the team stronger than the sum of its parts. To build a winning mentality and to create a system that accentuates the strengths of the playing squad whilst minimising our weaknesses.

Slot's issue is that he is following one of the masters of doing that.

If you think Slot is better than Klopp at doing those things then would you have sacked Klopp and replaced him with Slot if Kloppo hadn't decided to call time on his Liverpool Career?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

WORLD RECORD FEE ON A KEEPER? Are you even reading what I said?  ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
We were clearly on the beach after our 3rd and especially after the subs. No need to read too much into it guys.

In isolation that's fine (and you could say the same for the way we let Spurs back in it last week) but we've been hopeless at seeing leads out for quite a while.

We have no game management anymore. Watching Arsenal on Sunday and they didn't play well but United created fuck all all game, Arsenal were very solid without the ball. We just aren't.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Klopp has to go after that

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp has to go after that

surely you give him 1 more game to fix it??

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
Bayern ain’t paying that much for a keeper, come on. Why would Alisson want to go to Germany anyway?
A German speaker, with a German family, and a German passport holder

Hmm no you're right, silly me for thinking it

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
Why does it take every referee 60 minutes to figure out that teams will dive against us to win set pieces? They all seem to fall for it until it gets too blatant. We are punished for staying on our feet and trying to play football while opponents are rewarded for time wasting and diving. Our players are mentally shot from going up against these refs and make costly mistakes because of it. Slot's biggest job will be keeping the players calm and concentrated and not let referees throw their decision making off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
His job is to make the team stronger than the sum of its parts. To build a winning mentality and to create a system that accentuates the strengths of the playing squad whilst minimising our weaknesses.

Slot's issue is that he is following one of the masters of doing that.

If you think Slot is better than Klopp at doing those things then would you have sacked Klopp and replaced him with Slot if Kloppo hadn't decided to call time on his Liverpool Career?

Moot point as Klopp decided to leave.   :P But ofcourse I would not sack him. ;D

By the way you answered my question. Slot's purpose is to improve us. Why'd you have to make evrey convo hard?   :P

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Eeee, some folks really do need to step back and gain a bit of perspective.

I hate Villa (fans and team), the bastards always seem to be able to get under our skin.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

It’s too good an opportunity to spread doom, gloom and misery.

A very frustrating night at the end of a frustrating season but some just love to pile it in.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

You need to calm down such an overreaction to this game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Yeah that's what infuriated me. Multiple chances in the 60 seconds before they scored to just welly it to relieve some pressure.
Honestly mate, it should be a benefit of having a player like Nunez, play up to him and play higher up for a bit. To be honest, I think we need to start to get a settled structure again, in the peak Klopp years, you could always guess 9 of the 11. Hard to name 6 now. It’s a positive in a way because the overall squad is stronger but we’re seriously unsettled at times.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

You seem to be thinking it as fact and then daring people to prove you wrong. He isn’t going anywhere this summer.

Also Bayern have done fuck all this season.

Offline rocz189

• Main Stander
Agree with all that.
It’s been the trend in the last 10 years to analyse everything to the nth degree. All the joy is sucked out of it. Podcast upon podcast upon YouTube essay upon pundit upon fan tv upon twitter hot take. Saturated to fuck. Completely forgetting it’s just a fucking game. A fun game. Sometimes you’re great, sometimes you’re shit. There’s about 87 other clubs in the leagues that have seen 1% of the shit we’ve seen put together. Not sure why I’m still here. I was off once the ticket exchange went. Then I stayed for the stadium updates. Feels like a good time to jib it off now.

And it will be a great shame. I don’t post that much on forums and never have but have always enjoyed reading insightful/rational takes and opinions on games/ state of the club. It is a major shame we find ourselves here with people not wanting to continue to watch football post Klopp or engage on a forum. Although I understand 100% why on both fronts

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You don't get it do you? We are in control with him having 3 years left. And if you think Michael Edwards is going to sell him cheaply with three years left you're a fool.  ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...

Silly you indeed, with a silly post, petulant, like a silly child.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
You need to calm down such an overreaction to this game.
I've said a number of times already that I hope this doesn't happen

But no, you carry on ignoring what I'm saying

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
WORLD RECORD FEE ON A KEEPER? Are you even reading what I said?  ;D

Should have just ignored the original load of bollocks they wrote to be honest. Its not worth engaging, clear WUM.

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
Battered us  :lmao

You didn't watch the game did you

Who the hell reads into this XG bollocks anyway? its like saying we had 65% possesion to their 35% and we should have battered em what a load of tosh. The only thing that matters is goals at the end of the day.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
slot has been given plenty of homework to do after the recent matches

will be interesting to see who we buy and sell in the summer

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Subs: not particularly bothered if any of them get binned - they don't show enough (Gravenberch), simply lack top quality (Jones), inconsistent/flatter to deceive/overrated (Szoboszlai), incredibly wasteful and a bit of a donkey if being honest (Nunez)

Might be knee jerking, but fuck it, I'm just massively disappointed with the past 6 weeks - it's been an absolute bottle job
Can you get binned off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Honestly mate, it should be a benefit of having a player like Nunez, play up to him and play higher up for a bit. To be honest, I think we need to start to get a settled structure again, in the peak Klopp years, you could always guess 9 of the 11. Hard to name 6 now. It’s a positive in a way because the overall squad is stronger but we’re seriously unsettled at times.

I do think some of the problems are players coming back from injury have not found their form or rhythm yet, which is why there is such a big difference between some player's form at the moment. It's a bit of a mismatch, not helped by being unable to select a settled defensive unit.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've said a number of times already that I hope this doesn't happen

But no, you carry on ignoring what I'm saying

But why do you think it will happen? Can you provide some context?

Never mind you bashing Liverpool players and basically declaring for a rebuild as if we finished 7th not 3rd

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
I do think some of the problems are players coming back from injury have not found their form or rhythm yet, which is why there is such a big difference between some player's form at the moment. It's a bit of a mismatch, not helped by being unable to select a settled defensive unit.
Definitely. VVD has had a pretty good season but he’s never sure who’s partnering him. Quansah has done as well as he can but he’s never played before this season. Konate has been underwhelming since coming back in, Matip has been out. We’ve seen three left backs, three right backs. All quite chaotic defensively.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can you get binned off.

I've already bit once tonight.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I said a couple of weeks ago that our injured players all came back 2 or 3wks too late, they all looked to be coming back and then we had another batch.

Would've taken 3rd at the start of the season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But why do you think it will happen? Can you provide some context?

Never mind you bashing Liverpool players and basically declaring for a rebuild as if we finished 7th not 3rd

He doesn’t think it will happen, he’s made up a fantastical fable out if thin air.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Moot point as Klopp decided to leave.   :P But ofcourse I would not sack him. ;D

By the way you answered my question. Slot's purpose is to improve us. Why'd you have to make evrey convo hard?   :P

Slot's job is to try and get the most out of the group of players at his disposal. To do that the likelihood is that he would have to out Coach Klopp. That is extremely unlikely.

We have had a golden period under Klopp. We haven't experienced the reality that 99% of coaches fail and get sacked, for a long time. Expecting Slot to be an improvement on Klopp is crazy, expecting Slot to improve us is crazy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
Slot's job is to try and get the most out of the group of players at his disposal. To do that the likelihood is that he would have to out Coach Klopp. That is extremely unlikely.

We have had a golden period under Klopp. We haven't experienced the reality that 99% of coaches fail and get sacked, for a long time. Expecting Slot to be an improvement on Klopp is crazy, expecting Slot to improve us is crazy.

Wild suggestion but I don't think its going to be that hard to out coach Klopp defensively at the moment...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

The thing is, there was no pressure. Villa had given up, the crowd had given up. You just need to see it out. Was the same at Old Trafford in the cup, they'd given up, but you know with us we'll always give teams a way back and give them encouragement.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
I've posted my thoughts after the game, on player futures ahead of a crucial summer and (likely) transitional season (again) due to a managerial change. Tonight was an abject performance at the end of a very disappointing season in which we're losing one of thr best bosses we've ever had, with cheating and corruption being the only things that have stopped him winning.the lot multiple times.

And if you could be bothered to check my post history, youll mostly see a long time lurker that has been on these boards for around 20 years - I'm no fucking WUM, attack my views by all means, but you can get to fuck with that shite

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And we're back to square 1.

WHAT WILL BE HIS PURPOSE IN THE JOB MATE?  To improve the team or not? It's a simple question,one which you answerd the long way round the first timer ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
I've posted my thoughts after the game, on player futures ahead of a crucial summer and (likely) transitional season (again) due to a managerial change. Tonight was an abject performance at the end of a very disappointing season in which we're losing one of thr best bosses we've ever had, with cheating and corruption being the only things that have stopped him winning.the lot multiple times.

And if you could be bothered to check my post history, youll mostly see a long time lurker that has been on these boards for around 20 years - I'm no fucking WUM, attack my views by all means, but you can get to fuck with that shite

If this another abject season after finishing 5th last year, then should you not be happy Klopp is off?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Realistically the current Klopp isn’t peak Klopp, which is entirely understandable considering how knackered he must be physically and mentally.

Less injuries may help Slot, who knows but we are heading to a new era and hope burns eternal.