Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 15938 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Sure we can improve defensively, not sure why Konate isn't playing
Baresi in his peak wouldn't have mattered.

People are blinkered if they think this is about back 4. Front 6 defending hasn't been anywhere near good enough last 2 months.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I’m not comparing us to Villa. We have conceded over 40 goals in the league now, clearly we have a huge problem defensively.

We have basically had to change our defence every ruddy week, when that happens you get games such as these, especially when there is nothing left to play for. Alisson hasn't looked his best since coming back from injury, Konate isn't playing well since his injury either. They need the end of the season and a break most of all. This is the result of having to constantly change your side through endless injuries and players  not being able to find their form when coming back into the side.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

He’s been shite for weeks. Seems to be saving himself for the Euros.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man they way people talk about this team you'd think we were struggling for 6th

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
That isn't even close to what people are saying. Again, get a grip, Al.  This is strawmanning personified.

Yes it is I responded to a poster who is expecting Slot to come in and improve us.

That is fucking bizarre and so unfair on Slot.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I’m not comparing us to Villa. We have conceded over 40 goals in the league now, clearly we have a huge problem defensively.
It's just not good enough at the highest level. Can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league.

How many clean sheets in total? 8 in 38 games??

Pointing something as obvious as this is not being negative.  It's the next step we need to take if we're serious.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 10:23:46 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
I really just can’t wait for this season to be over. Can’t remember the last time I felt we were secure in a lead. This team feels like they have no situational awareness whatsoever and will play like we’re a goal down no matter what is actually happening in the game.

Lack of concentration, which is potentially exacerbated by lack of fitness

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Oh no. Stay.

Nah im sacking it off. Been here since the start of the forum in 2002(?) ish but had enough now. Time to go with Klopp.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Did Jones actually play?

You could have said that about any of them today.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So easy to play through at times and it's slowly got worse year after year since the title win, hopefully Slot can tighten us up as we can clearly score goals, although we aren't 100% in that department either.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes it is I responded to a poster who is expecting Slot to come in and improve us.

That is fucking bizarre and so unfair on Slot.

So is he coming to us for a jollyup? Why the fuck is he being employed then?  It's his job to make us better than we are. ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
It's not bullshit though is it?

I watched the game - we were shite, and they cut through us at will repeatedly all game long, and also missed a couple of sitters. We scored a goal that doesn't happen again in another 1000 times.

Teams cut through us because we don’t have enough pace in midfield. We are great going forwards when we have the ball but we don’t track runners well enough. I don’t think we won many 50/50 balls today.
#JFT97

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly the kind of thinking that saw Hodgson replace Rafa.

The key difference being Rafa was sacked.

Klopp’s been the best manager of my life, I’m 36, I suspect there’s a very good chance that he’s the best manager we ever have in my life time.

That said, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to make the point that tactically and decision making wise it’s been a bit questionable since the international break, he said he was tired and drained and I think possibly we’re starting to see that.

It’s highly unlikely that Slot comes in and betters prime Klopp, I think it’s possible we improve on what we’ve seen towards the final third of this season with a manager at the helm whose looked notably jaded.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
a lot of our players seem to be going through the motions waiting for the season to end

very strange end to the season

who played well tonight gomez , quansah , endo cant think of too many others

strange subs aswel from jurgen in the last 2 matches

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
It would help if the midfield actually helped a bit.

Exactly. We were porous in midfield. Especially when Endo went off.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Nah im sacking it off. Been here since the start of the forum in 2002(?) ish but had enough now. Time to go with Klopp.

There’s a large section of people on here who thrive on being pissed off. Even in Klopps pomp. Fucking weird. This place will go nuclear next season.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.

Exactly what you'd expect a clogger like him to say.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
What an anti-climax. We have zero brains out there, zero composure and we just can't stop conceding goals.

We've regressed back to 16/17 Liverpool, score tons but concede just as many.

Its a shame we aren't giving Jurgen a send off he deserves but maybe its better this way, so we don't think this team is better than it is. There's potential but not enough

Macca is not a no6, maybe one of a two but his partner has to be top quality. The tactic of bringing players close is good when you want to open up a team, not when you are playing out a game.

to be honest I would've taken a draw beforehand but seeing our faults laod bare is infuriating. For all the chances we piss away we should not need 3 or 4 goals to win matches.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan

People are blinkered if they think this is about back 4. Front 6 defending hasn't been anywhere near good enough last 2 months.
We also just play an extremely transitional/direct of football that means it's always going to be hard for those players to keep counter pressing well. Think this is just making me appreciate how good some of the previous sides were at counter pressing to prevent sides attacking us

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
So we finish with 1 win away to the top 10, and that the smash and grab at Newcastle.

We also lost at Eve and struggled badly at Palace.

Slot is all about energy and intensity, and I think thats where it has slipped for us. We are so easy to get through.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
It's just not good enough at the highest level. Can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league.

How many clean sheets in total? 8 in 38 games??

Pointing something as obvious as this is not being negative.  It's the next step we need to take if we're serious.

That kind of happens when you are changing your defence weekly and players are struggling to find their form after being injured, that is why we look so unbalanced at the moment. Then some of the other players who should should be playing better than they are, have not been.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Teams cut through us because we don’t have enough pace in midfield. We are great going forwards when we have the ball but we don’t track runners well enough. I don’t think we won many 50/50 balls today.
It' what people forget. If there wasn't for other players getting injured and losing form Klopp wouldn't have picked today's midfield 3 in a million years imo. 3 slowest midfielders we have...of course it's no wonder Villa's athletic dribblers took advantage of all the spaces our midfielders couldn't cover.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Not sure why people are so upset, that was a dead rubber. Literally nothing to be gained, win, lose or draw. Personally wish more youngster had started tonight. Hope there are a plethora of them for the home game against Wolves. As it is in a game (at home) Villa needed to win, they drew. Liverpool, in a nothing game got three goals and minutes in the legs of Elliott, Quansah and Jones. I'll take that, personally.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bit of a nothing game for us.  Villa missed their chance to sew up 4th and leave spurs with nowt to play for tomrrow, although if city fail to beat spurs that’s on them as spurs looked done for a couple of weeks now.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
We were going long plenty, would argue that was worse for us as it just meant Villa were getting the ball back more

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Klopp is clearly worn out, he's running on fumes too, a manager with something to prove and energy might be just what the team needs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted that Klopp is leaving but whoever is appointed needs to be given a chance

Of course mate I agree and he’ll have full backing, just some on here looking over at greener grass are going to have a rude awakening I feel.

If Slott gets anywhere near top of the league with a month or so to go as Klopp done this year with all the shit and injuries then he’ll have pulled a miracle for me. I feel some underestimate, forget or have just got used to the utter genius and effect Klopp has on the squad.

Expectations should be lowered to allow Slott time he will need.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise

It is about the back 4 though. Well, back 3, because we pick a back 4 but only 3 of them are interested in defending. Having 3 players try to cover 4 positions makes it really fucking hard to defend.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Then he can go be 'unlucky' somewhere else next year. He was never onside, Al! Never at any point in that period of play, and he does this constantly.
What a ridiculous thing to say about one of our players who gives 110 % every game, personally I'm way more concerned with Salah.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Long to who? Darwin maybe but he's off too often.

Mo and Lucho lose those duels anyway.  We need more pace and power upfront too.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
a lot of our players seem to be going through the motions waiting for the season to end

very strange end to the season

who played well tonight gomez , quansah , endo cant think of too many others

strange subs aswel from jurgen in the last 2 matches
Diaz
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine having VVD and Alisson in your team and still concede goals constantly. New system needed.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
So is he coming to us for a jollyup? Why the fuck is he being employed then?  It's his job to make us better than we are. ;D

Moyes's job was to make Man United better after Ferguson retired.

Kloppo is one of the greatest managers in the history of the game. To expect any manager to come in and improve a team is mental. Especially when we have a completely dysfunctional midfield and VVD passed his best.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kids shouldve played .. since we've stopped.playing them we've been shit.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
We really are shit off the ball….If Man City are winning that game 3-1 Villa don’t get near their box in the final 15 mins…Dom can’t even be trusted to play 15 mins these days he came on as sub and was shocking…looking more and more like a player who thinks he made it cause he’s signed for Liverpool.

That’s a mad take. Him and Nunez looked the liveliest

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
The key difference being Rafa was sacked.

Klopp’s been the best manager of my life, I’m 36, I suspect there’s a very good chance that he’s the best manager we ever have in my life time.

That said, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to make the point that tactically and decision making wise it’s been a bit questionable since the international break, he said he was tired and drained and I think possibly we’re starting to see that.

It’s highly unlikely that Slot comes in and betters prime Klopp, I think it’s possible we improve on what we’ve seen towards the final third of this season with a manager at the helm whose looked notably jaded.

I've been wondering how much Klopp has been delegating this season. We seem to have gone from pragmatic to idealistic, chasing a style of play that can work in ideal conditions but often falls flat when hit with reality.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
Ali - probably need to find a replacement cos I think he'll want to leave
Gomez - keep as squad player
Virgil - I think he's done at the top level ya know
Quansah - keep - future captain
Trent - keep, but fuck off with this inverted bollocks, it knackers everyone else, just play him in mid
Endo - keep as squad player
Mac Allister - keep, but must never be played as a 6 ever again, unless in a double pivot
Harvey - bench player - not quick enough, both in mind and body, when starting
Diaz - get rid - sound lad, just no end product
Gakpo - Slot will make a player of him, but he needs to get his head right
Mo - lost all of his physical gifts, shite on and off the ball too. Time to go and continue to lose his legs and possession of the ball on someone else's pitch

Subs: not particularly bothered if any of them get binned - they don't show enough (Gravenberch), simply lack top quality (Jones), inconsistent/flatter to deceive/overrated (Szoboszlai), incredibly wasteful and a bit of a donkey if being honest (Nunez)

Might be knee jerking, but fuck it, I'm just massively disappointed with the past 6 weeks - it's been an absolute bottle job
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
I think we'll learn a lot about what has happened to the team when we see which players leave in the summer.

We're starting to look like Liverpool of 2016 or 2017. Entertaining to watch but can score or concede any minute. Only way of seeing a game out is to go 4-0 up (and we even nearly fucked that up last week).

Needed to start building another spine again like we did in 2018 (or Houllier did with Hyypia and Hamann when he came in). Forget all the fancy football, Slot's remit next season needs to be to make us hard to score against again because it's not just personnel, it's structural as well. First and foremost a proper DM is needed, things may have been different had we got Caicedo.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
There’s a large section of people on here who thrive on being pissed off. Even in Klopps pomp. Fucking weird. This place will go nuclear next season.

I loved the old chat room we had. Meeting up with people in the Albert before the match, exchanging tickets. These days it's all xG and people arguing about who the shittest player is. There was always the odd bellend here and there but, as we've won things, things have got worse on here. I may be an old fart now but I'll always remember this place with the old live chat room, Ben S, Pheeny, Kez, and loads of others, with fondness.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Because of how he was playing when he was in the team
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp