Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 15459 times)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Defending is for nerds.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Xg is meaningless bullshit. Use your eyes.

I mean, the eyes showed that they had a lot of chances.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
We’re diabolical at the back and to play through in midfield. The persistence with Macca as a 6 is just baffling especially against pacy players

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Its like performative art at times how much we don't want to clear the ball when under pressure and in a dangerous situation

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We're not exactly playing very well at the moment. Don't think there's anything wrong with hoping someone the club have identified as a good fit can improve us - especially considering Klopp is choosing to leave.

Exactly the kind of thinking that saw Hodgson replace Rafa.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
i dont get making four subs at the same time when we are winning, at least make them separate intervals and break up momentum.

Nothing was riding on the game. If the game had stakes no way is Klopp subbing on 4 players.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Literally the only point of tonight is the away fans getting to say goodbye to Jurgen.

Futile analysing this dead rubber game or the players who are finished up for the season. I dare say a few of them don’t even know if they’ll be here next year. Everything will change, I still don’t think a lot of people realise how much.

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
I know this is a reactionary opinion right after a disappointing game, and I know I'll likely pull back from it later when things aren't so fresh, but I'm so tired of some of these players. Up 3-1, and yes, the Villa 3rd goal was a fluke, but everything leading up to that goal, and their second goal, was about players turning off. It's felt that way since the league's been out of our hands, even in the 2 wins since our draw to United. Often lackluster performances, a total of 9 clean sheets, and just a general feeling of, "Oh well". Klopp has one game left. One. One fucking game left and these players can't seem to, or worse, won't find a spark to fucking win a game.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan

Yeah, they passed the eye test as well. Marginal offsides and a miss from half a yard out.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online elkun

• Kopite
We really need a destroyer in midfield. Sorry but Endo just aint that.
To be honest, i though we looked in control until the subs

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop

Yup they should have won.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
His shoulder is offside if anything it was close enough for lines IMO

Digne is not in line with CBs

Nunez was clearly offside, it was clear as day when watching it.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.

They're not even close to the same thing, get a grip Al.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
This Liverpool team:

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
We're not exactly playing very well at the moment. Don't think there's anything wrong with hoping someone the club have identified as a good fit can improve us - especially considering Klopp is choosing to leave.

If you think Arne Slott is going to be an improvement on one of the greatest managers in history I’m afraid you’re in for a big disappointment.

The team are having a dip, it’s happening during before and after we have won titles and CL wins under Klopp. Besides the fact it’s a dead rubber anyway.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, they passed the eye test as well. Marginal offsides and a miss from half a yard out.

Xg gave us less than 2 and we scored 3. That shows how much bullshit xG is.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
But they aren't in the competition yet

Spurs aren't winning the final two games.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it would partly make up for Arteta and his crew winning the league

It's Spurs. If they did get something against City, they'd only blow their final game and end up merely gifting their neighbours a title.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good game but our game managment is soo shit for a big team.  :butt

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
If you think Arne Slott is going to be an improvement on one of the greatest managers in history I’m afraid you’re in for a big disappointment.

Are you gonna reply with this tedious bollocks anytime anyone shows a slight bit of optimism about the future?

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Xg gave us less than 2 and we scored 3. That shows how much bullshit xG is.

Tbf one of them was a gigantic fluke from their goalkeeper

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Most fucking boring poster ever. Jog on you fucking crank
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I mean, the eyes showed that they had a lot of chances.

Mostly coming from us giving them the opportunities. Let's not pretend their defending was any better.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Fuck me, knew people would overreact but didn't expect this thread to jump the shark after 9 pages.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
But they aren't in the competition yet
They took a big step there, whilst coming back from two goals late on against a team above them. During a time when they seem to be struggling for results.

Did Klopp not celebrate when we were going for top four? Some very miserable people in here.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We’re diabolical at the back and to play through in midfield. The persistence with Macca as a 6 is just baffling especially against pacy players

Macca wasn't the 6 that was supposed to be Endo. Endo can't cope on his own so Macca drops in as a double pivot. Endo and Macca can't cope so Trent inverts and we end up with a triple pivot and Quansah gets exposed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
Did i miss much??

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
Seems like some players just don’t have the capacity to concentrate for the full game.

Nunez and Diaz unproductive as usual. They can’t both be in the forward line next season.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
Yep, we've looked flat since the youngsters went out of the side. Salah just so far off it since his return, the smiles have gone.

Its hard when you're at your best when close to goal but you're shoved to the touchline just so we can accommodate our right back going inside to play midfield.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
Difficult to assess that one given that half of our lads weren't fussed.

The defensive balance in the team still needs sorting and has done for 2 years now. We've tried to be clever and patted ourselves on the back about getting Endo and missing out on Caicedo, but the truth is that, if we are sticking with the main crux of this squad for Slot's tenure, we need a proper DM/6. This team are just far too open in transition and we can't trust guys like VVD and Ali to bail us out anymore. They're both still great but, IMO, not what they once were and prone to the odd fuck up.

Its partly why i was surprised at the reasoning behind Slot's No.1 status. I don't think a 4-3-3 works with this current squad in the PL. We don't have adequate cover/balance in midfield, and the defence is shaky at best. I thought perhaps a new more defence focused system (perhaps with 3 CBs) would be what was needed for this squad to avoid falling off a cliff next year.

I worry, without much transfer business, without Klopp's influence, and playing the exact same way, that Slot is on a hiding to nothing and we will really struggle next year.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Nunez holds his run the ball doesn't come. That split second means the defence pushes up.

For me in decades of watching Liverpool Nunez this season has just had the most incredible run of bad luck. If he is fractionally off it ends up in the back of the net.

I would agree if it was a one off but he gets caught offside too many times. A small adjustment when he starts his run might fix it but yes the ball needs to be played on time. He is that fast that he can fix it.
#JFT97

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
It’s a useful reminder to the owners that they need to spend. Add Rice or Rodri to this side instead of Endo and we’re champions. Not a knock on Endo who has more than repaid his fee but we’ve neglected the position for too long,. If we go cheap again we’ll lose ground.

Feels like a turning point and there will be a few going this summer.

Endo hasn't been the same since he returned from the Asian Cup. I thought for sure that Klopp would put on Stefan Bajcetic for Endo...brought on 3 other midfielders and left a wiped Mac to face all their fast runners.

I love Klopp, but his in game management puzzles me.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan

Ol' man take.

You would probably think all the stats the analytic department use are meaningless too.  ::)

Offline RedSmoke

• Main Stander
  • He'll pass the ball, calm as you like....
Obviously the game meant nothing for us anyway but fuck me, we’re absolutely shit at defending aren’t we. It was like we were genuinely trying to let them back in.

Doing our very best to spoil Jurgens send off week on week…. Fuck knows what we’ll come up with next week.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
The scarey part was Villa missed 3 absolute sitters, I can’t understand how we’ve become so shit of the last 6 weeks.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
I know it was only a cameo but Szoboszlai looked sharp when he came on, whereas Jones looked the opposite.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
Seems like some players just don’t have the capacity to concentrate for the full game.

Nunez and Diaz unproductive as usual. They can’t both be in the forward line next season.

We scored 3 goals. How on earth are attackers being blamed here?

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
I expected the ref to do better after his pie and a couple of pints at half time.