Author Topic: Champions League, Europa League, Conference League SF 2nd leg 7th-9th May  (Read 18410 times)

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
Ancelotti - What a record that man has - fabulous manager

Does it make you worry that he couldn’t get close to replacing Pep at Bayern? That even someone that good at the job couldn’t get near Pep? It’ll be even more difficult replacing Jurgen here. The only thing keeping my spirits up is Pep and Ancelotti were polar opposites in ways and the change didn’t please the squad.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Shady linesman robbed Munich of a late equaliser there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Real are arrogant c*nts. Unfortunately, I don't think Dortmund have a chance.

Not many gave them a chance of getting through the group stage, me included  :P

But here we are! They do have a chance, probably suit them better not to play Bayern too. Regardless of Bayern not been that good now, they’ll likely be glad it’s not an all German final again.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Would love to hear the explanation for disallowing that final goal

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Bellingham didn’t do much did he.

I keep hearing that Bellingham has scored a million goals and done this and that, but whenever I catch him (admittedly only in CL knockouts or England in tournaments) he's mostly been quiet. Not doubting his talent and I know he's scored in Clasicos etc., but I'm still sort of waiting to see it myself.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
This final has shades of 2005 about it. An unfancied club who finished 5th getting to the final vs the big powerhouse of football. Hopefully Dortmund can do it as well.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Does it make you worry that he couldn’t get close to replacing Pep at Bayern? That even someone that good at the job couldn’t get near Pep? It’ll be even more difficult replacing Jurgen here. The only thing keeping my spirits up is Pep and Ancelotti were polar opposites in ways and the change didn’t please the squad.

it was more Bayern players not taking to Ancelotti’s ways, and the fact he couldn’t speak German was a major problem.  Guardiola underachieved at Bayern too considering he had one of the greatest ever squads the club has ever had, it isn’t for everyone!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Jurgen hating TNT wasn’t enough for us to hate them then their cringey weird ass licking of anything Madrid related should do the trick
I miss the days when you just had Dickie Davis saying a few words before a European game and then going straight to kick off. ;D
Football coverage has really gone to hell.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
he saw the flag and blew his whistle before the shot, so VAR can't get involved, it would have been the same if Gakpo had put the ball into the net the other week, it couldn't have been reviewed because Mancony Taylor had already blown his whistle

Yeah, but it the linesman had kept his flag down like they're supposed to do with tight calls then the ref wouldn't have blown in the first place. I don't want to sound like I'm defending the ref, because as you have indicated he's probably fucked it up too, but surely the lion's share of blame is on the linesman?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
The arrogance of those shirts, fuck me they're a horrible club.
yes wear them if they win the final but after a semi-final it's completely disrespectful to Dortmund. Hopefully they'll go straight in the bin in a few weeks time
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Be cheering for Dortmund won't we. I'll watch it fully knowing they've got more chance of plaiting piss
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
The more you see it the worse that offside call gets. The fuck is he doing flagging for that? De Ligt doesn't even challenge for the ball.

https://twitter.com/MunichFanpage/status/1788313352843792577

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Atleast Dortmund being in the final gives us a reason to watch it and a team to root for.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
This final has shades of 2005 about it. An unfancied club who finished 5th getting to the final vs the big powerhouse of football. Hopefully Dortmund can do it as well.
I didn't realise Milan finished fifth in 2005

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
Will turn out the ref is from Madrid but supports Getafe of course.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
The more you see it the worse that offside call gets. The fuck is he doing flagging for that? De Ligt doesn't even challenge for the ball.

https://twitter.com/MunichFanpage/status/1788313352843792577

Yes. Awful officiating there.

'Bayern Munich disallowed goal against Real Madrid 90+13 mins' (De Ligt 'goal') - https://dubz.link/v/jt32vg & https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1788314273585725624

^ The linesman couldn't wait to put his flag up - baffling as the Bayern player who actually challenged for the ball looked to be onside in the build-up to the goal... instead of the linesman simply waiting and letting the VAR sort it out to be sure - especially given the 'offside' was so close... truly awful officiating. A lifetime job with the PGMOL surely awaits.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Yeah, but it the linesman had kept his flag down like they're supposed to do with tight calls then the ref wouldn't have blown in the first place. I don't want to sound like I'm defending the ref, because as you have indicated he's probably fucked it up too, but surely the lion's share of blame is on the linesman?
oh yes, I agree with you, it was the linesman at fault, he should have kept his flag down until the play was over, when the ref sees the flag he probably has to blow

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Real are the luckiest team in this competition's history.  It's already bad enough with how many they've won, but if you look at their runs in 2018, 2022, and this year, it's insanely jammy.

If we had their luck in this competition historically, we'd have 10 CLs easy.
King Kenny.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
yes wear them if they win the final but after a semi-final it's completely disrespectful to Dortmund. Hopefully they'll go straight in the bin in a few weeks time

They’ve worn them after all the semi-finals in recent years, I believe.

oh yes, I agree with you, it was the linesman at fault, he should have kept his flag down until the play was over, when the ref sees the flag he probably has to blow

Linesman made a mistake, but the defenders stop top. Don’t think he scores otherwise.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
'Real Madrid 2 - 1 Bayern Munich | Champions League Semi-Final Highlights' - 9 minute video from TNT:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ToxU9fYlNrg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ToxU9fYlNrg</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/ToxU9fYlNrg

match highlights: https://hoofoot.com/?match=Real_Madrid_v_Bayern_Munich_2024_05_08 & https://ourmatch.me/08-05-2024-real-madrid-vs-bayern-munich

full match replays: https://old.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/1cnc0ch/real_madrid_vs_bayern_munich_uefa_champions

C'mon Dortmund in the Final ;D

'Matthijs de Ligt: “I don’t want to say that Real Madrid always has the referees with them but that made the difference today”. “Real, when you think they are dead, have a last breath… that is why they have 14 Champions Leagues”, told Movistar.' - https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1788319915075584459

'Matthijs de Ligt: “The linesman told me: sorry, I made a mistake”. “It’s been a shame”.' - https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1788323140608696442

& https://v.redd.it/7mwljfarv9zc1 (2 minute video)

'Thomas Tuchel: “It's an absolute disaster. This scene must be played out to the end. That's the rule. The linesman made the mistake, and the referee made the second mistake. It's a violation of the rules“, Thomas Tuchel told @DAZN_DE about the controversial scene for the potential 2-2.' - https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1788321594135249097

'Thomas Tuchel confirms that the linesman has 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 for lifting his flag up early for their disallowed goal 😳' - https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1788326899367768492

'Christina Unkel, former FIFA referee & Champions League analyst: “unfortunately there are two officiating errors that occurred: first assistant referee raising a flag which goes against the direction and second the referee accepting that recommendation”' - https://v.redd.it/ugv7vbfg1azc1

[Joselu circa 2012] "Can someone pass me a good link to watch the Madrid game?" - https://twitter.com/JoseluMato9/status/238739304845811712

^ He's worse than some of you lot when it comes to stream links ;)

[BBCMOTD] 'This is Bayern Munich's first season without a trophy since 2011-12.' - https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1788314534794399962

'Harry Kane’s hunt for trophies has hit a catastrophic new low at Bayern Munich':-

Defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League condemned Bayern Munich to a first trophyless season since 2011-12, and leaves Kane still searching for his first major honour

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-trophy-bayern-munich-champions-league-b2530179.html

^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_UEFA_Champions_League_final & www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2039970--dortmund-vs-real-madrid

« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 11:32:56 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
I keep hearing that Bellingham has scored a million goals and done this and that, but whenever I catch him (admittedly only in CL knockouts or England in tournaments) he's mostly been quiet. Not doubting his talent and I know he's scored in Clasicos etc., but I'm still sort of waiting to see it myself.

Honestly hadn't heard his name first half and then the comms said something about him running the game!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Most jammiest club ever followed by a bunch of scrotes.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I haven't seen the shirts, but isn't it something like "Going for 15" rather than celebrating winning it for a 15th time?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Not just our officials then

That is absolutely unreal at the end sticking his flag up. Then the ref for blowing before the lad could get the shot off.

The 10 who challenged isn't off, it's a legitimate goal
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
They're insufferable c*nts.  Don't know how anybody on this forum would think otherwise after our finals experiences with them.

They are dirtbirds. Wish nothing but ill on that club. Wankers
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Not just our officials then

That is absolutely unreal at the end sticking his flag up. Then the ref for blowing before the lad could get the shot off.

The 10 who challenged isn't off, it's a legitimate goal

Keeper and defenders stopped tho. Probably wouldn't have scored. Poor decision to flag tho.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Atleast Dortmund being in the final gives us a reason to watch it and a team to root for.
Would love them to do it but Madrid haven’t lost a final since 1981.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Rocking size 7 banana boats her mate. Give you the nastiest toe wank of all time.
If anyone is wondering what this lad is on about....:
https://www.ladbible.com/sport/laura-woods-feet-dm-947308-20230531

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
They worse them in after the 2018 semi. Hubris and Nemesis are alien concepts in Spanish.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
Every excuse under the book for Ancelotti & Madrid to have a mediocre season this year with the injuries & losing their best player, but the winning mentality & the desire to win overrides everything.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
I haven't seen the shirts, but isn't it something like "Going for 15" rather than celebrating winning it for a 15th time?

Yeah “a por la” is Spanish for “go for/going for”
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would love them to do it but Madrid haven’t lost a final since 1981.

A defeat is well overdue then
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Did Carlo just asked the interviewer out for a drink 🤔

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan

Worked his bollox off so he deserves some recognition for that.

But I am in agreeance that he is yet to really arrive in the biggest games for Real Madrid and the last 2 ties in the Champions League have been his biggest.  Classicos less so because I think this year's Barcelona have been really poor, particularly on the defensive side of the ball which Real have been able to expose easily in league and Super Cup.

The English press do him no favors though pretending that he is this incredible force of nature that is influencing every Real Madrid game and the key contributor to their success.

A good player no doubt, but like you I am waiting to see if he is the next Zizou and is as good as many already claim him to be.  Of course there are mitigating circumstances for why he is not yet - age, new club etc..

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No good outcome here but always good to laugh at the loser Sir Harry of Kane.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And no saving grace for Tuchel. Hopefully people finally see him for the fraud that he is.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Keeper and defenders stopped tho. Probably wouldn't have scored. Poor decision to flag tho.
they didn't

Whistle went like .2 of a second before he hit it. All reactions were made

Jurgen Klopp

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
Worked his bollox off so he deserves some recognition for that.

But I am in agreeance that he is yet to really arrive in the biggest games for Real Madrid and the last 2 ties in the Champions League have been his biggest.  Classicos less so because I think this year's Barcelona have been really poor, particularly on the defensive side of the ball which Real have been able to expose easily in league and Super Cup.

The English press do him no favors though pretending that he is this incredible force of nature that is influencing every Real Madrid game and the key contributor to their success.

A good player no doubt, but like you I am waiting to see if he is the next Zizou and is as good as many already claim him to be.  Of course there are mitigating circumstances for why he is not yet - age, new club etc..
Ridiculous post, the guy is 20. At 20 hardly anybody had heard of Zidane.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
So, we're all supporting Dortmund in the final?

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's something odd going on with Madrid and this tournament

Some of their wins they weren't even 4th best team in the comp

Jurgen Klopp