Author Topic: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’  (Read 30774 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:09 pm »
This is what I was afraid off - fatigue finally catch up to our decimated squad. As they say, this is half time and now that we have people coming back and hopefully not rusty, we can turn this around.

This is just not true, City/Arsenal's core team have played much more minutes than ours, and they are going toe to toe in the league and champions.

No excuses, we just fucked it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:18 pm »
It's easy at times to go overboard in the halftime threads, but the criticism in there tonight was fully deserved. That was one of the worst, laziest, casual, arrogant, complacent, disgraceful performances I've ever had the displeasure to witness from a Liverpool side. We were lucky to only lose 0-3.

Atalanta fully deserved the win, but bloody hell, they aren't Real Madrid. Of course, it's been coming for a while. We've been giving our opposition copious amounts of encouragement for some time now. No way were these looking the gift horse in the mouth.

I genuinely don't blame anyone for venting tonight. We praise the team when they play well. We stick by them when they lose but show guts and fight, but tonight fully deserves to be called out for what it is. Then, we move on...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:42:54 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:19 pm »
Do you think fans should keep being fleeced by the club?

Already said I agree with the protest mate. Now answer my question

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:26 pm »
Anyone sat on their arse watching on their sofa shouldn't be commentating on ticket prices or the atmosphere.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:26 pm »
0-3 flattered us.

We-ve been poor for a while. It's get overlooked when we win but we came up against a team that exploited our weaknesses well.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:34 pm »
Yeah this leggy stuff is total horseshit.

Too many people want to keep protecting the players at all costs. They were shit to a man. It's fine to say so.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:44 pm »
And then we play our second string against Palace, lose or draw and everyone is moaning "why did he start the first team against Atalanta?"

Players aren't robots, they need rest and rotating. It's incredible to see some people still don't get this.
This was a more important game than Palace.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:06 pm »
This pundit blaming Gomez for 3rd goal can fuck off blame that casual fucker who came on in midfield he was terrible which he pretty has been for a while now

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:09 pm »
Has it though?

We haven't lost at Anfield all season.

I agree it was on the cards - we have consistently given opposition teams far too many chances in games, even in ones at Anfield.

There was going to be a game where the opposition took most of their chances and we had our usual poor finishing in front of goal. Today was that combination.

Never thought it would be Atalanta to do it though.
JFT97

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:16 pm »
Do people really not think the flags on the Kop have no effect on our players and opposition players? Seriously?

Blame the owners for that. Utterly unnecessary 2% ticket price increase. You can see the effect of a flat Anfield on the team. Supporters deserve ticket price cuts, not increases.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:30 pm »
This was a more important game than Palace.

Both are equally important unless you have given up on the PL.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:31 pm »
You have to take a bow Atalanta out played us and out fought us. There manager produced a master class well done.
So not taking anything away from them, but. We produced our worst performance of this season. I don't think apart from our Captain nobody shone. So slow in the build up wrong decisions all over the park. Even Caoimhin who made two outstanding saves but his overall game was poor, his distribution so slow. You could have taken 5 or 6 of our lot off first half.
I thought we had gone back to last season.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:32 pm »
It all started with the lineup. If we’re taking this competition seriously, then play your best team from the start. If this was a Champions League QF we wouldn’t have rested so many players.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:52 pm »
Missed the game, what went wrong?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2024, 10:11:53 pm »
Anyone sat on their arse watching on their sofa shouldn't be commentating on ticket prices or the atmosphere.
Really?
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:15 pm »

Too many people want to keep protecting the players at all costs. They were shit to a man. It's fine to say so.
It's certainly more plausible than a lack of flags to be fair!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #416 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:26 pm »

We kicked-off.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:44 pm »
That was a shock. Atalanta played a canny game, not exactly pressing us but using a man-marking system and arriving at speed to close down the man on the ball. They didn't even bother closing down the passing lanes, preferring to follow the man every time. It was  very effective. It looked like we were bamboozled. Do they always play like this? If so, what the hell went wrong with our preparation?

You know things are bad when even Mac Allister looks poor. And yet he was one of the better ones. Endo had miserable night. He clearly prefers a conventional press. Poor old Konate couldn't control the ball for the life in him and Joe Gomez played his worst game since his mental collapse against Napoli. Szoboszlai was sloppy, as he has been on numerous occasions since coming back from injury. The European campaign's effectively over now. What a pity to turn in such a limp performance in Jurgen's last European night at Anfield.

The biggest question is now, how will it affect our league campaign? I imagine there'll be a lot of anger in the dressing room right now. Most of it from Klopp. We probably won't play - Bergamo aside - such an organised team again this season. Can we use this as fuel for what remains?

My own preference is for Darwin to take a back seat. I know the stats say he's pretty good but he often looks a mess in front of goal. If his general play was excellent, rather than merely OK, we could overlook that. But his profligacy is costing us dear and outside the box he's no Bobby Firmino is he? We need to get Jota up to speed as quickly as possible.

Let's hope Trent is ready to go next week too. Connor Bradley at right back, and Trent in midfield for me now. Macca back at 6. Quansah to partner Virg at the back. Elliott didn't have a good game, but he didn't have a bad one either so I'd also stick with him. Jones, I can forgive. Awful, but awfully rusty too.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:46 pm »
Season is unfolding, seem to be getting more and more lethargic by the game at the moment.

Kelleher only one who looked interested tonight, not sure why Harvey came off because he looked lively.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jόrgen Klopp

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #419 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:57 pm »
Atmosphere was fucking shocking as well. Was Jurgen's last night under the lights in Europe the night to really protest over 2%?

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:58 pm »
Atalanta were boss. Deserved winners.

Moment Robbo went on his one man press, I had flashbacks of the European Cup Final 2 years back ...

We could easily score 3 goals over there next week but my God we've got to stop giving gifts away ...

On to Palace now.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:59 pm »
This pundit blaming Gomez for 3rd goal can fuck off blame that casual fucker who came on in midfield he was terrible which he pretty has been for a while now
Agree. Van Dijk looked like he was drunk for the 3rd
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:05 pm »
Really?

Yes because you're not paying for tickets and you're not part of the atmosphere. So why should you comment about it and use it as an excuse for a bad result?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:09 pm »

Gomez deserves criticism for that game. He played like he'd just come out the pub.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:12 pm »
It's easy at times to go overboard in the halftime threads, but the criticism in there tonight was fully deserved. That was one of the worst, laziest, casual, arrogant, complacent, disgraceful performances I've ever had the displeasure to witness from a Liverpool side. We were lucky to only lose 0-3.

Atalanta fully deserved the win, but bloody hell, they aren't Real Madrid. Of course, it's been coming for a while. We've been giving our opposition copious amounts of encouragement for some time now. No way we're these looking the gift horse in the mouth.

I genuinely don't blame anyone for venting tonight. We praise the team when they play well. We stick by them when they lose but show guts and fight, but tonight fully deserves to be called out for what it is. Then, we move on...

It was more confusing that after halftime we didn't really look any better than before.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:33 pm »
Blame the owners for that. Utterly unnecessary 2% ticket price increase. You can see the effect of a flat Anfield on the team. Supporters deserve ticket price cuts, not increases.

No argument here. I agree. But it will have a psychological effect all the same. That's my point.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:33 pm »
This is just not true, City/Arsenal's core team have played much more minutes than ours, and they are going toe to toe in the league and champions.

I think that is true difference is how many of their core players have had injuries though I mean it’s clear Salah is still good but slightly off it since AFCON as an example.

Konate was all over the place tonight too it usually takes him a few games to get back in the groove and you don’t have two games in the PL especially now.

You are of course right we deserved to get beat by more tonight though.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #427 on: April 11, 2024, 10:13:59 pm »
From quadruple to just the Carabou within a month.

Devastating how the season is petering out.

Can't see how Klopp picks the players up after the last few weeks. Just hope he gets the send off he deserves from the fans.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:02 pm »
Do you think fans should keep being fleeced by the club?

Hate this argument. 2% increase is absolutely nothing. It's a business, not a charity. Bet everyone protesting an increase is upset that it supports salary increases for staff across the club too? 2% is entirely reasonable. I'm all for a protest, but pick the right battles rather than every battle.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:07 pm »
Surely our players have been overplayed considering we have had the most injuries.

They haven't been though, according to the stat posted on here. lots of them have been injured so that's helped obviously in the sense that plant haven't been playing minutes. And the kids have stepped up and taken some minutes.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:07 pm »

Really? Cause I'm on my sofa tonight due to work but I got my bill this morning for next season's ST...

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:08 pm »

Everything.

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #432 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:09 pm »

You have the stats for that? Not saying you are wrong but I don't follow their line up that closely. Can't really compare to City since even their 2nd, 3rd choice would walk into most teams.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:11 pm »
Do people really not think the flags on the Kop have no effect on our players and opposition players? Seriously?

It’s almost as if match-going supporters are incredibly important and should be treated with respect and fairness by our owners, rather than fleeced at every opportunity.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste bjφrksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #434 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:13 pm »
Season is unfolding, seem to be getting more and more lethargic by the game at the moment.

Kelleher only one who looked interested tonight, not sure why Harvey came off because he looked lively.
Because he’s not a forward and has a tendency to get bullied in midfield.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:17 pm »

Certainly, but also its finally catching up that we constantly are playing with at least 3-4 second choice players. For instance, Kelleher, Quansah, Gomez (At fullback), Bradley, Endo (instead of Macallister when we were dominating), and even one of the forwards for Jota. It's been like this for weeks and we could certainly use the entire first choice team starting, including an in-rhythm Curtis Jones.

Offline lfcdave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:21 pm »
Fucking abysmal from the players on the pitch but let’s keep the protests outside the ground, to say it didn’t make a difference is simply untrue. 

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:23 pm »
Nah, how about you fuck off you c*nt, and stop blaming the result on fans for protesting ticket price increases like an absolute bellend

Everything ok at home mate?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:25 pm »
Already said I agree with the protest mate. Now answer my question

It's got absolutely 0 to do with the flags.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this was golden...
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2024, 10:14:36 pm »
Ah well, so much for put the tie to bed and play the kids next week...

We have another match to turn this around and surely we can't play that badly again. Running commentary throughout the match was that Atalanta were short of pace (although looking at the third goal I'm not sure they were referring to the correct team...) so it's got to be Robbo and Trent/Conor in the second leg.

Ultimately, retrieving three goals against an Italian Side in front of their own Supporters may be too much of a stretch but we've done it before and we owe it to Jurgen to at least try.
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gιrard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jόrgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007