Author Topic: FAC:ManU 4 vs 3 Liv McT 10’ Mac 44’ Salah 45+2’ Antony 87’ Elliot 105’ Rash 113’  (Read 42208 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
They got 75 points last season and finished 3rd. They will probably reach the FA Cup final. They aren't a terrible side. They are underachieving but the downplaying of them is farcical. They have forwards with real pace and they are capable of creating chances against any side.

Look at how many chances Rashford had against City. Look at Garnacho pulling out of a challenge with Ederson and compare that to Nunez winning the penalty. The bizarre thing is the oxymoron of posters wanting us to be more proactive at 2-1 and then complaining when United countered and won the game 4-3 because we had allegedly over-committed. 

They are definitely not a bad team, they hurt LFC because they are set-up to counter a highline. However, the direction of travel is terrible. Last year they came 3rd and Liverpool were nowhere. This year, despite out-spending Liverpool again, they have regressed whilke Liverpool have shot past them. That really speaks of the relative poverty of management in evidence at the club.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Still gutted about this and really wished we had another game to look forward to rather than the stupid international break. It feels a little weird being on this side of a comeback win not something Liverpool fans are that accustomed to compared to other fan bases.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
Not really bothered by this now

It's good we've given the afflicted something to look forward to, like an act of charity
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
Anyone seen the Klopp interview after the game? I get that it must be frustrating doing a million interviews after losing a big game but he was pretty vile to the journalist and made personal comments which was out of order.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
L0l! ;D
The two worst substitutions - Maguire and Antony! ;D
This twat...

Oi- you jinxed us, ya, ya... fanny!

I'm still gutted!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Still gutted about this and really wished we had another game to look forward to rather than the stupid international break. It feels a little weird being on this side of a comeback win not something Liverpool fans are that accustomed to compared to other fan bases.
Yep.. we really aren't accustomed to other teams coming back- even going as far back as Ged.

It's like a kick in the nuts.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone seen the Klopp interview after the game? I get that it must be frustrating doing a million interviews after losing a big game but he was pretty vile to the journalist and made personal comments which was out of order.
I’m guessing you haven’t read what that same journo said about the incident have you? Maybe you ought to before you get all bent out of shape.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
I’m guessing you haven’t read what that same journo said about the incident have you? Maybe you ought to before you get all bent out of shape.
yeah I did, he was trying to play it down. I suspect because he felt embarrassed. I'm not bent out of shape but I understand why Klopp is leaving because the pressure must be so immense to react like that.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They got 75 points last season and finished 3rd. They will probably reach the FA Cup final. They aren't a terrible side. They are underachieving but the downplaying of them is farcical. They have forwards with real pace and they are capable of creating chances against any side.

Look at how many chances Rashford had against City. Look at Garnacho pulling out of a challenge with Ederson and compare that to Nunez winning the penalty. The bizarre thing is the oxymoron of posters wanting us to be more proactive at 2-1 and then complaining when United countered and won the game 4-3 because we had allegedly over-committed. 

They’re awful to watch generally speaking.  They’re strongish up top especially on the break.  But they’re poor trying to play out and transition from defence to attack via midfield is almost non-existent.  Although to be fair I don’t watch much of them outside of playing us.

Offline Mahern

• Legacy Fan
Was scrolling the thread and saw this. Hahahahha!!! It's like almost a "guaranteed" goal there.  ;D

Endo (?) needs to be veering right and pull Maguire with him, Gakpo needs to be running at Maguire. Elliott and Bradley aren't really in this.

Otherwise just feed Nunez and all get in the box.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:02:16 pm by Mahern »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Whats wrong with calling a fat bastard a fat bastard?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
They’re awful to watch generally speaking.  They’re strongish up top especially on the break.  But they’re poor trying to play out and transition from defence to attack via midfield is almost non-existent.  Although to be fair I don’t watch much of them outside of playing us.
Yeah they're awful.
We were shocking in defense towards the end, but it's understandable. We lost this match. I won't really say United "won" it.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
They have some good individuals but their team structure is awful. It's almost as if they don't have a coach.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
They have some good individuals but their team structure is awful. It's almost as if they don't have a coach.
You saw that weird formation they had for the majority of the game?
What was that- 5-----1---------4

Jee....!
It seems the plan was just to defend and counter. You don't need a coach for that, which is exactly what it looked like.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?

I've seen a lot of managers get tetchy over the years...klopp's "outbursts" if you call them that are pretty vanilla. Just jumped on by alot of people because of their dislike for our club and desperation to see him as anything other than the supreme being he is

Poor media guy (who seemed to not give a shit)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Was scrolling the thread and saw this. Hahahahha!!! It's like almost a "guaranteed" goal there.  ;D

My verdict there? Too little choice. Three players making almost the same run into the same area. Harvey is predominantly left footed so for me is on the wrong side and does not do anything to worry them. Can't believe I'm saying this as I don believe for one second it was meant, but Maguire has made the pass between the two defenders a high risk. The right option was therefore to keep running, which he didn't do obvs.

Of course we should have made more from it, but if you see from when that move started, it's not as clear-cut as it seems on a still frame.

Anyway, the three points when we play them next is far more important to us and what happened the weekend won't happen again - we'll be well up for it this time around.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
My verdict there? Too little choice. Three players making almost the same run into the same area. Harvey is predominantly left footed so for me is on the wrong side and does not do anything to worry them. Can't believe I'm saying this as I don believe for one second it was meant, but Maguire has made the pass between the two defenders a high risk. The right option was therefore to keep running, which he didn't do obvs.

Of course we should have made more from it, but if you see from when that move started, it's not as clear-cut as it seems on a still frame.

Anyway, the three points when we play them next is far more important to us and what happened the weekend won't happen again - we'll be well up for it this time around.
He should have released it earlier to stretch their 2-man defence.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
You saw that weird formation they had for the majority of the game?
What was that- 5-----1---------4

Jee....!
It seems the plan was just to defend and counter. You don't need a coach for that, which is exactly what it looked like.
Ten Hag always talks about sticking to the plan.

Which plan?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
After trying and failing to erase this game from my memory, I just remembered something that happened. I've mentioned before the number of times our players are flagged offside when it has looked very close (Nunez against City for one) and the linesman hasn't followed the protocol of keeping their flag down.

In the 39th minute Salah was flagged offside for this;

He is at least level Dalot so why does he get flagged?

Then for United's equaliser, Rashford is clearly offside but the linesman keeps his flag down forcing VVD to deal with it. The ball beaks to United and they score from it;

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
The first is definitely a mistake. Maybe he couldn't see the United player.

The second is just how the law works. It's shit sometimes. You could argue Virgil makes a mistake by not letting the ball run through, it's perhaps harsh, but he knows Rashford is ahead of him.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
The first is definitely a mistake. Maybe he couldn't see the United player.

The second is just how the law works. It's shit sometimes. You could argue Virgil makes a mistake by not letting the ball run through, it's perhaps harsh, but he knows Rashford is ahead of him.
Yes I know that's how the law works, but why is it being excercised when it's United on the attack (Rashford) and not when we're on the attack (Salah)?

You either flag for both or neither.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep.. we really aren't accustomed to other teams coming back- even going as far back as Ged.

It's like a kick in the nuts.

Those rats will be feeding off it for years. We need to put things right of the next game with them. Thankfully we are still in the hunt for 2 trophies but this is gonna sting no matter what some fans think.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Yes I know that's how the law works, but why is it being excercised when it's United on the attack (Rashford) and not when we're on the attack (Salah)?

You either flag for both or neither.

The first is called offside because Salah touches the ball (I assume he receives the pass, I'm not going to rewatch it) and the linesman thinks he was in an offside position. His decision was wrong, but it's not the same as the second.

The second can never be offside because Rashford just isn't involved in the play.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
The first is called offside because Salah touches the ball (I assume he receives the pass, I'm not going to rewatch it) and the linesman thinks he was in an offside position. His decision was wrong, but it's not the same as the second.

The second can never be offside because Rashford just isn't involved in the play.
Rashford is looking to run in behind and the pass was intended for him before VVD cuts it out. Him being there means VVD has to act so he is involved. But I've got no problem with them not flagging that but not when Salah gets flagged for one that is far tighter. As for the linesman not seeing the defender, this is a few seconds later, he's still not flagged and he can clearly see there was a defender beyond Salah. In any case if you're not sure you're supposed to keep the flag down.

This isn't the first time this has happened to us this season and it's becoming more common and more costly.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Rashford is looking to run in behind and the pass was intended for him before VVD cuts it out. Him being there means VVD has to act so he is involved.

That's just not how offside works. VVD did not have to do anything, he could have let it go but he didn't. I think the law is pretty shit for situations like that but it was 100% correct.

The second was a mistake, yes; feel free to feel aggrieved about it.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
That's just not how offside works. VVD did not have to do anything, he could have let it go but he didn't. I think the law is pretty shit for situations like that but it was 100% correct.

Yeah, a 'mistake' that seems to happen to us far too often;

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
Only coming to terms with this now... Should have buried them especially during that 20 minute period before the equaliser in normal time, that was on us... fernandes should have been sent off... but we still should have won... sickener...
Get at least one more trophy lads...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I see a lot of them and I hear nothing but "oh for fucks sake this is fucking shite", "what the fuck was that, can these not even pass a ball" from the missus - I do not see a good team when I watch them. Like you say, they have a couple of players, mainly Rashford and McTominay who can stick the ball in the net, but they cannot defend, the keeper is shite, they cannot string two passes together, especially when trying to play out and they're unfit. They were fucking knackered after 30 mins, we only tired due to having played 6 more games than them including 120 mins at Wembley.

League game, we need to be ready for the fast start, make them run and tire themselves out and then be clinical and kill them off. Their heads will drop again, just need to make sure we give them nothing to cling to this time.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

It was a clear offside as soon as Rashford makes the run and the ball is played to him the flag should go up. VVD can't just leave the ball because a midfield runner who is onside could run onto the pass.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Yeah, a 'mistake' that seems to happen to us far too often;

Look at the number of times VVD has flipped because obvious offsides are ignored.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
https://youtu.be/xkWMp8OVvNw?si=j-iHdqKZ5lQ4n9Vt

Good vid from 442 explaining what the hell happened in the match.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Did Klopp really storm out of a post-match interview? If he did then it shows you how much he probably would have liked to win this trophy once more and how pissed off he was at how this match ended. There's no defending what happened those last 10-15 minutes of ET.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Did Klopp really storm out of a post-match interview? If he did then it shows you how much he probably would have liked to win this trophy once more and how pissed off he was at how this match ended. There's no defending what happened those last 10-15 minutes of ET.

Klopp doesnt like to lose at any time. But unfortunately we have seen first hand what a run in four tournaments does both for this season and next. Ultimately I as a fan dont care enough about the FA Cup. We have a fantastic chance in the league and this will give us a greater chance.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp doesnt like to lose at any time. But unfortunately we have seen first hand what a run in four tournaments does both for this season and next. Ultimately I as a fan dont care enough about the FA Cup. We have a fantastic chance in the league and this will give us a greater chance.

Two fewer fixtures make little difference. You can't pretend to be happy to have gone out especially in that fashion. I'm still absolutely gutted. We should have got to that final. Now morale has been hit and we've got two weeks to stew on it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Two fewer fixtures make little difference. You can't pretend to be happy to have gone out especially in that fashion. I'm still absolutely gutted. We should have got to that final. Now morale has been hit and we've got two weeks to stew on it.

It makes all the difference. Firstly its two matches including a likely tie against City at the end of a week that could include the Europa League final as well. Then its the fact that a league game would have to be rearranged and/or we get a free weekend.

We have just won a trophy in this post Christmas run, most of the players have already got a FA Cup in their medal collections. We also now sit as overwhelming favourites in the Europa and joint on points at the top in the league. If morale is hit then quite frankly these players need to get their priorities straightened.

If this season we win a League Cup and a FA Cup, I guarantee that a lot of fans end up underwhelmed.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
It makes all the difference. Firstly its two matches including a likely tie against City at the end of a week that could include the Europa League final as well. Then its the fact that a league game would have to be rearranged and/or we get a free weekend.

We have just won a trophy in this post Christmas run, most of the players have already got a FA Cup in their medal collections. We also now sit as overwhelming favourites in the Europa and joint on points at the top in the league. If morale is hit then quite frankly these players need to get their priorities straightened.

If this season we win a League Cup and a FA Cup, I guarantee that a lot of fans end up underwhelmed.

In that case, we might as well have lost against Arsenal in round 3?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
In that case, we might as well have lost against Arsenal in round 3?

Maybe that would have been for the better. We always want to win the games we play, and nobody likes losing to them in that manner. But as Klopp said, there is a price you pay for success and we did that in 21/22.

Also we have to factor in that going for 4 trophies is not normal and the barometer of a teams morale should not be dictated by the fact that they may not win 4 trophies this season. We have won one already, we are going to be in the CL next season so already we have hit our goals. Now there is one really big one left that we have to give ourselves every opportunity to win.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
I am annoyed, more by certain reactions, than going out of the FA Cup

1. United commentators, pundits and media dullards saying it was one of the great games. It was dramatic but the quality wasn't great, just look at most of the goals. One side huffed and puffed for a bit, the other had more quality, went 2-1 up and then just toyed with the opposition. I remember thinking how relaxed I was in the second half and how quickly the minutes were going. Then they get a late goal and extra-time benefits them because we have played 50% more games than them in 2024 (18 to 12)

2. Not enough focus on the tragedy chanting, it was widespread and it's just not good enough that the media cheerleaders are failing to call it out.

3. I just saw Attwell's audio from the Manchester City game for the non handball decision on Doku and it has driven me over the edge. It's clear from the audio and the way Attwell was setting the narrative that he never had any intention of giving that. Saying stuff like "both players were high" and "McAllister was entering Doku's space" and "Doku definitely played the ball" are absolutely scanadalous interpretations of the incident. He knew the decision he wanted to make before even looking at the evidence, and he set the narrative to fit in with that decision.

So fed up of all the lies and agenda's and how people who dislike or actively hate our club continue to operate with impunity despite wilfull obfuscation of the truth. It feels impossible to beat all this - when there is so little integrity it makes things feel hopeless.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
It was a clear offside as soon as Rashford makes the run and the ball is played to him the flag should go up. VVD can't just leave the ball because a midfield runner who is onside could run onto the pass.

Being offside isn't an offence. Trying to pass the ball to someone offside isn't an offence. Your second sentence is broadly why I don't like offside as it stands. It's pretty much the same situation as that penalty that Spurs got against us after Lovren tried to cut out the pass. I think Mo(?) scored a similar goal at some point too.

It's a shit law, but it is what it is.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good . Hopefully it focuses our minds for the rest of the campaign.

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him