Author Topic: FAC:ManU 4 vs 3 Liv McT 10’ Mac 44’ Salah 45+2’ Antony 87’ Elliot 105’ Rash 113’  (Read 42198 times)

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
You're like a heat seeking missile ready to strike if anyone dare be slightly critical of a player, lol.
But if it's a fact, it's true?

We shouldn't let ignorance fester.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:39:35 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Two of them are in extra time, so you’re always going to get more shots than normal. Plus they were chasing a game for a lot of the second half and second half of extra time. They took risks and went gung ho. Should have played into our hands, and that’s our fault but it just turned into a bit of a mad game and I wouldn’t stress over the stats of it too much.

11 of their shots were in the first half. 8 in the 2nd half and 9 in extra time. I thought our midfield struggled for the first 25-30 minutes and then we dominated until we took Szobozslai off, who adds real athleticism to our midfield. After that Kelleher ended up going long far too often and Maguire just dominated aerially.

For me as a trio Endo, Macca and Elliott lack the athleticism and the physicality to drop in and demand the ball under pressure. Once Szobozslai went off we struggled to keep the ball and just ended up going long far too often. We really missed Trent's ability to carve a team up from deep and Jones's ability to retain possession under pressure. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Still gutted.

We should've buried these when we had the plethora of chances - no matter that we were weak defensively.
We look for excuses to make things easier, but unfortuantely, we have no excuse.

I'm not going to get on players' backs, but 1 more goal.. would've made the difference. That 1 goal could've easily been scored from our chances. And we knew it- Klopp was going crazy after that particular break when it was 4-on 2, cause that- more than any other chance... was our ticket to bury them and take any hopes out of a comeback.

The only excuse I'm going to allow is that we looked off the pace from time to time, which is understandable.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:47:06 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Interesting to hear how much this has meant to united fans. To me it was "FFS, oh well, bigger fish tro fry."To United fans it was a corner turned, a massive outcome etc. Really odd, sure, it was a good win for them, but it was 1/4 final in which they were comprehensively outplayed, how far can clinging on get them exactly? They are further away from, Liverpool than they have been at any stage since ferguson left, even with a new manager coming in the future is bright for LFC, for them Ten hag has no discernible stlye, surrenders the midfield (unacceptable imo) and has purchased a truckload of average to bad players. Of the players that started, 2 were Ten hag transfers (Onana and Hjoiland) and the latter didn't even score in a 4 goal game.

More to the point, every single player in that LFC squad was a Klopp player (no surprises there I guess). For United, only 2 starters were brought in by Ten Hag, but there were 4 more on the bench: Amrabat, a flop of a loanee, Mount (a £60m flop) Eriksen and Antony (a £100m for petulance). So Ten Hag's win was found on the success of earlier managers and he didn't even trust the players he brought in to start.

This defeat was little more than a flash in the pan, a cup final for a team with nothing else to play for. Frustrating for Liverpool, but not sure why it was so important to United, they must be living off vapours if that was a big deal for them.
Well of course it's a big deal. They came from behind twice to beat their biggest emotional rivals (and huge favourites) with the last kick of the game. It also has echoes of 1990 and what turned out to be an epochal moment in their history. I'd be far more worried if they DIDN'T care.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Interesting to hear how much this has meant to united fans. To me it was "FFS, oh well, bigger fish tro fry."To United fans it was a corner turned, a massive outcome etc. Really odd, sure, it was a good win for them, but it was 1/4 final in which they were comprehensively outplayed, how far can clinging on get them exactly? They are further away from, Liverpool than they have been at any stage since ferguson left, even with a new manager coming in the future is bright for LFC, for them Ten hag has no discernible stlye, surrenders the midfield (unacceptable imo) and has purchased a truckload of average to bad players. Of the players that started, 2 were Ten hag transfers (Onana and Hjoiland) and the latter didn't even score in a 4 goal game.

More to the point, every single player in that LFC squad was a Klopp player (no surprises there I guess). For United, only 2 starters were brought in by Ten Hag, but there were 4 more on the bench: Amrabat, a flop of a loanee, Mount (a £60m flop) Eriksen and Antony (a £100m for petulance). So Ten Hag's win was found on the success of earlier managers and he didn't even trust the players he brought in to start.

This defeat was little more than a flash in the pan, a cup final for a team with nothing else to play for. Frustrating for Liverpool, but not sure why it was so important to United, they must be living off vapours if that was a big deal for them.

When you've been as shit as they have, you'd cling to anything. Shows how bad things have got for them. They are paying us a massive complement in all honesty. I don't think we saw this much fuss after thrashing them 7-0
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely bigger fish to fry, but I am a bit worried that we seem to struggle with them at OT recently. They’re terrible, but always seem to drag us down to their level. We need to beat them in the run in, and it’s a confidence knock.

That result will be the highlight of their season. Ending our title hopes (even if it means their local rivals win another title) is probably the only thing they’ll have to get excited about.

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
In Klopp we trust. I get the feeling that the players will have a point to make when return to ManU
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Absolutely bigger fish to fry, but I am a bit worried that we seem to struggle with them at OT recently. They’re terrible, but always seem to drag us down to their level. We need to beat them in the run in, and it’s a confidence knock.

That result will be the highlight of their season. Ending our title hopes (even if it means their local rivals win another title) is probably the only thing they’ll have to get excited about.

They aren't terrible. They are underperforming for the amount of money they have spent but they are a decent side. They finished 3rd last season with 8 more points than us and we will almost certainly finish in the top 6 this season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
They aren't terrible. They are underperforming for the amount of money they have spent but they are a decent side. They finished 3rd last season with 8 more points than us and we will almost certainly finish in the top 6 this season.

They are not as shit as mentioned but they are not a good side. We will have our third crack at them in a couple of weeks and we have to win, otherwise we can forget winning the league.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:02:28 am by killer-heels »

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
They are the worst team we've faced this season. Their setup was terrible with their midfield so open. One of the basic principles of football is that you have to be compact and they are not. I was surprised by how easily we were getting between their midfield and defence.

However,  they have individual quality which is expected given how much they've spent.

They are an awful side.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:06:21 am by MonsLibpool »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
They are the worst team we've faced this season. Their setup was terrible with their midfield so open. One of the basic principles of football is that you have to be compact and they are not. I was surprised by how easily we were getting between their midfield and defence.

However,  they have individual quality which is expected given how much they've spent.

They are an awful side.

They got 75 points last season and finished 3rd. They will probably reach the FA Cup final. They aren't a terrible side. They are underachieving but the downplaying of them is farcical. They have forwards with real pace and they are capable of creating chances against any side.

Look at how many chances Rashford had against City. Look at Garnacho pulling out of a challenge with Ederson and compare that to Nunez winning the penalty. The bizarre thing is the oxymoron of posters wanting us to be more proactive at 2-1 and then complaining when United countered and won the game 4-3 because we had allegedly over-committed. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
They got 75 points last season and finished 3rd. They will probably reach the FA Cup final. They aren't a terrible side. They are underachieving but the downplaying of them is farcical. They have forwards with real pace and they are capable of creating chances against any side.

Look at how many chances Rashford had against City. Look at Garnacho pulling out of a challenge with Ederson and compare that to Nunez winning the penalty. The bizarre thing is the oxymoron of posters wanting us to be more proactive at 2-1 and then complaining when United countered and won the game 4-3 because we had allegedly over-committed.
A bad team can be elevated by individuals to an extent. Like I said they have players that can win games even when they play like crap (most of the time). We weren't a great side last year and we finished 5th.

As a unit, they lack the basics of a good team.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
A bad team can be elevated by individuals to an extent. Like I said they have players that can win games even when they play like crap (most of the time). We weren't a great side last year and we finished 5th.

As a unit, they lack the basics of a good team.

That doesn't stop them from being a dangerous opponent though. At times United under Ferguson were a pretty average team. However, they had real firepower. United under Ten Hag have pretty much perfected playing poorly but still getting results.

They are probably one of the best teams in Europe on transitions, with Rashord and Garnacho being a real handful. You end up in a situation in which you can't really commit because you don't want to leave yourself exposed at the back.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
That doesn't stop them from being a dangerous opponent though. At times United under Ferguson were a pretty average team. However, they had real firepower. United under Ten Hag have pretty much perfected playing poorly but still getting results.

They are probably one of the best teams in Europe on transitions, with Rashord and Garnacho being a real handful. You end up in a situation in which you can't really commit because you don't want to leave yourself exposed at the back.
We have to batter them next time and take advantage of the space that they'll inevitably give us. Teams just seem to let them off the hook all the time. It's very strange.

Even Everton outplayed them.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We have to batter them next time and take advantage of the space that they'll inevitably give us. Teams just seem to let them off the hook all the time. It's very strange.

Even Everton outplayed them.

How do you batter them though. They have real pace in the side and tend to start really fast. IIRC Sunday was the 11th time in 12 games that they have taken the lead. They expend a hell of a lot of energy in that initial period and then tend to end up blowing out of their arses for the rest of the game.

The problem is that they are still very dangerous on the counterattack.

They are a team that you can't really open up against because when you do they are very capable at hitting you with sucker punches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
How do you batter them though. They have real pace in the side and tend to start really fast. IIRC Sunday was the 11th time in 12 games that they have taken the lead. They expend a hell of a lot of energy in that initial period and then tend to end up blowing out of their arses for the rest of the game.

They are a team that you can't really open up against because when you do they are very capable at hitting you with sucker punches.
By taking advantage of the space between the lines. We need to more ruthless and not relent. They are shit and they (players and fans) know it. That's why their heads drop when we score.

They are a very weak team mentally. In the next game, we need to avoid conceding and early goal and we should never take our foot off the gas even if we're 2/3 up.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Doesn't matter where we are in the league in relation to them how many times when they were good did we take points off us at Anfield. At least this game will have shown us we won't walk all over them and not to go into the game expecting that we will.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

Add to it that we're their cup final. We're definitely top of their hate list way more than City and Arsenal.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Their captain was walking around after we scored our second, they were done until Antony scored a scruffy goal out of nothing.

Once we broke their forward press there was half a pitch of space for our midfield to run into, we just fluffed our lines when we got the ball in the forward areas, the wrong pass, poor control, taking the shot when not on.

If we were more clinical it should have been 3/4-1. Yes they have pace on the counter but that’s it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

They have lost almost half their games and have lost all but one of the games they have played versus City, Arsenal and Spurs (lost once and drew once to Spurs). They have even lost to Brighton, a side that likes to dominate the ball.

They may have a threat, but dont make them out to be a side thats too hard to beat. Like I said on the other thread, we will get a third crack at them in a few weeks and we have to win, otherwise its a massive underperformance from us.

I understand defending our side and the reason we put in the performance we did and there is mitigation, but lets not have one of those mitigations being that they are better than they are.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:19:16 am by killer-heels »

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Their captain was walking around after we scored our second, they were done until Antony scored a scruffy goal out of nothing.

Once we broke their forward press there was half a pitch of space for our midfield to run into, we just fluffed our lines when we got the ball in the forward areas, the wrong pass, poor control, taking the shot when not on.

If we were more clinical it should have been 3/4-1. Yes they have pace on the counter but that’s it.
We were too methodical once we got in between the lines. Time after time, we passed to Mo who then failed to beat his man and the attack petered out. Mo had an off game (he's fasting to be fair). He's our best player but we need to play as a team and not overrely on him. I guess that's why we were alright when he was out (our players felt freer).

Harvey was a breath of fresh air in that regard. He was just quicker in his execution and added more variety with his willingness to shoot which led to a goal. If they back off and they know we can score from distance then they're in two minds which opens more spaces. We were too predictable in our approach.

If Grav is fit for the next game against them then he has to start IMO because he's great between the lines. He can drive and pick out cute passes. Also, a dedicated DM like Endo is redundant against a team with no midfield and I'd rather start Mac there.

They tire quickly because they midfielder have too much space to cover. The way the game went on Sunday, it could have ended up being 5/6 but that 3rd goal was crucial.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:24:21 am by MonsLibpool »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We were too methodical once we got in between the lines. Time after time, we passed to Mo who then failed to beat his man and the attack petered out. Mo had an off game (he's fasting to be fair). He's our best player but we need to play as a team and not overrely on him. I guess that's why we were alright when he was out (our players felt freer).

Harvey was a breath of fresh air in that regard. He was just quicker in his execution and added more variety with his willingness to shoot which led to a goal. If they back off and they know we can score from distance then they're in two minds which opens more spaces. We were too predictable in our approach.

If Grav is fit for the next game against them then he has to start IMO because he's great between the lines. He can drive and pick out cute passes. Also, a dedicated DM like Endo is redundant against a team with no midfield and I'd rather start Mac there.

They tire quickly because they midfielder have too much space to cover. The way the game went on Sunday, it could have ended up being 5/6 but that 3rd goal was crucial.

Yep it was like last season, good build up play, then we turn over in the final third and get countered.

A key part of us improving this season was our forwards retaining possession and not giving it up cheaply.

Certainly an exception not the norm, which is why I say Utd are shit, they didn’t beat us really we just didn’t perform to our level.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still gutted and amazed we lost this cup tie.

However, we have to learn and make sure we beat them in 3 weeks(we have too) and let’s go on to win the EL.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
I am still depressed in office here today. Thought we could, should have won this game. Hahahaha!!!  ;D

The silver lining... Well,  :butt  :butt

- Less game to play (yeah I know, we're already in the quarter, what a shame)

- Hence, reducing our injury risk

- More time for our players to rest and muscle recovery massage

- More time for Premier League and Europa League preparation / tactical briefing

- A chance for our players in self-reflection, evaluation of thoughts at where their level is (they should know themselves)

- Period for Klopp, Ljinders and Krawietz to analyse our weakness, leaking defence and rate of goal conversions

- Sex

Let's win the league and Europa, we will.

Fuck off Man United.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers

They are an awful side.

What a load of tripe that is :D

In the last fortnight we've played a team who we scored nine goals against over two games, whilst playing quite a few kids and taking our foot off the gas very early in the second game.

I dont remember anyone having a period of such dominationt that we had in the second half, its maybe the worst United side in our lifetime but certainly not the worst team we've played this season. They inadvertantly rope-a-doped us.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

In the last fortnight we've played a team who we scored nine goals against over two games, whilst playing quite a few kids and taking our foot off the gas very early in the second game.

I dont remember anyone having a period of such dominationt that we had in the second half, its maybe the worst United side in our lifetime but certainly not the worst team we've played this season. They inadvertantly rope-a-doped us.

They didnt rope-a-dope us. That would imply a level of control of their actions. They had zero control of their actions, the game was ours for the taking, we fucked up our decision making and execution and they scored from their opportunities.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan

Agree to disagree.

It's a case of analysing results and not performances. Sparta was a very tricky away game and the scoreline flattered us. They  When they came to Anfield,  their gameplan was overambitious. United would get tonked too if they come here and play like that but they parked the bus.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:23:55 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
They have lost almost half their games and have lost all but one of the games they have played versus City, Arsenal and Spurs (lost once and drew once to Spurs). They have even lost to Brighton, a side that likes to dominate the ball.

They may have a threat, but dont make them out to be a side thats too hard to beat. Like I said on the other thread, we will get a third crack at them in a few weeks and we have to win, otherwise its a massive underperformance from us.

I understand defending our side and the reason we put in the performance we did and there is mitigation, but lets not have one of those mitigations being that they are better than they are.

But you could argue that we beat them 7-0 last season but also lost to a load of shite teams, losing 3-0 to wolves, 3-0 to brighton, 2-1 to leeds, 1-0 to bottom club bournemouth. We also lost to them at Old trafford early on in the season when they were going through a shit start to the season.

But last season at Anfield we raised our game and smashed them. United will always be game raisers against us. Old trafford will always be a hostile enviroment. However in recent seasons their heads have dropped when we take the lead and normally we capitalise on that. We didn't on sunday.

United v Liverpool can always be an anomaly regardless of form. As was mentioned before the game when we go there we need to play our game not the occasion. Probably easier said then done. Liverpool at Old trafford is their biggest game of the season so I think form for the most part goes out the window.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
The thing I took from watching the game about their fans (apart from their vile song repertoire) was how much they were like a small club’s supporters. They were half rabid, half terrified, not the swaggering champions of yesteryear. I don’t think Ten Hag is very good, so great that he’ll still be around for a while. He seems weak and out of his depth.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
The thing I took from watching the game about their fans (apart from their vile song repertoire) was how much they were like a small club’s supporters. They were half rabid, half terrified, not the swaggering champions of yesteryear. I don’t think Ten Hag is very good, so great that he’ll still be around for a while. He seems weak and out of his depth.

I thought this too - I don't think Everton fans would ever lower themselves to the sort of tragedy chanting that we saw on Sunday (at least I would hope not) but in all seriousness the whole atmosphere and attitude of the fans and players just reminded me of Everton, which is obviously not great if you are supposedly the biggest club in England.

Its sad to say but would prefer to lose this one and win in the league, and I really think we'll tonk these twats in 2.5 weeks. Our players will have something to prove now and we can't be as unlucky/wasteful as this again. I'm also hoping we have Alisson and Konate back at least, if not also TAA and Jones, and Salah will be far more match-fit.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
They didnt rope-a-dope us. That would imply a level of control of their actions. They had zero control of their actions, the game was ours for the taking, we fucked up our decision making and execution and they scored from their opportunities.

Thats why I said inadvertantly :)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

And their fans and players had given up pretty much between our equaliser at 1-1 and theirs for 2-2. They weren't in it second half, they were just let off the hook. They score and their crowd obviously lift, but part of the lift was disbelief they'd even got back in it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I've said it a million times over the years, but for such a big club their fanbase has always been incredibly smalltime. Despite everything, they're still stuck in the last century, and they still act like fans of a lower league side. Only difference is they also have a chip on their shoulder the size of Jupiter.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
Any set of fans that sing about other clubs/fans more than their own team are small time. United have always done this. Even when we're not playing them it's Scousers/Scousers/Scousers.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any set of fans that sing about other clubs/fans more than their own team are small time. United have always done this. Even when we're not playing them it's Scousers/Scousers/Scousers.

You wanna see their merch stalls outside the dump. I used to park in N2 car park, as our offices were nearby and work rented a load of spaces and on match days we had to clear out at 4pm, so I had to walk past them to get my car. Every fucking stall was rammed with t-shirts about us, trying to take the piss out of Klopp, stuff about Gerrard, it was 80% LFC stuff. Thank fuck for Covid and WFH, no longer have to go near the shithole now
Jurgen YNWA

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
+ TBR Football: "Jamie Carragher hits out at £35m Liverpool player after Manchester United loss"

Jamie Carragher hit out at Cody Gakpo as Liverpool were knocked out of the FA Cup in stunning fashion by Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Jurgen Klopp's side will be wondering how exactly they have missed out on reaching the semi-final. The Reds were 3-2 ahead during extra-time, with Harvey Elliott's deflected strike putting them in front.

But two goals conceded in the second-half of extra-time saw Liverpool's hopes of winning the quadruple come to the end.

Cody Gakpo came on 13 minutes before the end of the 90 minutes, with Mohamed Salah being replaced. Unfortunately, the Dutchman was unable to make the desired impact after coming off the bench.

Gakpo has come in for some criticism this season. He has arguably been the most underwhelming of the devastating forward line at Anfield. And Jamie Carragher was clearly not impressed by the 24-year-old's contribution after his introduction against Manchester United.

Carragher took to X and was critical of the £35 million attacker: "Gakpo plays like the game is in slow motion".

- https://tbrfootball.com/jamie-carragher-hits-out-at-35m-liverpool-player-after-manchester-united-loss/
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was scrolling the thread and saw this. Hahahahha!!! It's like almost a "guaranteed" goal there.  ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
But you could argue that we beat them 7-0 last season but also lost to a load of shite teams, losing 3-0 to wolves, 3-0 to brighton, 2-1 to leeds, 1-0 to bottom club bournemouth. We also lost to them at Old trafford early on in the season when they were going through a shit start to the season.

But last season at Anfield we raised our game and smashed them. United will always be game raisers against us. Old trafford will always be a hostile enviroment. However in recent seasons their heads have dropped when we take the lead and normally we capitalise on that. We didn't on sunday.

United v Liverpool can always be an anomaly regardless of form. As was mentioned before the game when we go there we need to play our game not the occasion. Probably easier said then done. Liverpool at Old trafford is their biggest game of the season so I think form for the most part goes out the window.

Even in the 7-0 they started off well and were the better team for long periods. Once we scored the first in the 43rd minute nearly every shot went in. The xG was 2.91 against 0.92 and we scored 7 goals from 8 shots on target.

It was just one of those days.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
You wanna see their merch stalls outside the dump. I used to park in N2 car park, as our offices were nearby and work rented a load of spaces and on match days we had to clear out at 4pm, so I had to walk past them to get my car. Every fucking stall was rammed with t-shirts about us, trying to take the piss out of Klopp, stuff about Gerrard, it was 80% LFC stuff. Thank fuck for Covid and WFH, no longer have to go near the shithole now

Even the trophies they win, the enjoyment they get is rubbing our noses in it. Every title they won was about being closer to 18 and then overtaking 18. Win the CL and they're chanting about Liverpool in the stadium and "without killing anyone" even with their own players. Win the treble and it's about the fact we never won that treble. City win the treble and they don't give a fuck and won't if they do it again as long as Liverpool don't win the league. That wins means more to them than a trophy at Wembley.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Even in the 7-0 they started off well and were the better team for long periods. Once we scored the first in the 43rd minute nearly every shot went in. The xG was 2.91 against 0.92 and we scored 7 goals from 8 shots on target.

It was just one of those days.

The 5-0 was weird as well. We went in 4-0 up but it was end to end. We just took our chances.

The thing with United is they're very open and we are, so if we're clinical we're capable of demolishing them but they can also get in behind us a lot. A bit like when we play Brighton.

Exception being Anfield this season where they shit themselves (after the 7-0) and parked the bus.