Author Topic: FAC:ManU 4 vs 3 Liv McT 10’ Mac 44’ Salah 45+2’ Antony 87’ Elliot 105’ Rash 113’  (Read 42778 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think I've felt this low about football since that 2-1 defeat to them in 1999. Going to take me a long time to get over that.

:lmao

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
Didn't want to lose but having lost, not really feeling particularly upset by it. Like a overwhelming feeling of 'meh-ness'.

Only thing annoying really is that the legendary quad is off, which is a shame and that we'll have to deal with some smug mancs for a bit, but otherwise it was all a bit *shrugs*.

My Manc supporting mate called it an epic - my view was that the scoreline was epic, but the football sure as fuck wasn't. They were decent for the first 20 minutes, but once we found our feet and rhythm we were obviously so much better than they were. Like, there was a literal gulf in class I thought between the two teams and yet, as it transpired, was not enough to do these c*nts.

If anything, I thought we just looked tired, which is in and of itself not suprising given the number of games we've played. Endo in particular looked tired, and he's never looked leggy before.

Do them on the 7th of April and this will be but a memory.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
I would be more/very disappointed if we lost the Premier League.
The Carabao and FA cup has lost its luster a while back now.
My No.1 wish is for the Premier League title.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think I've felt this low about football since that 2-1 defeat to them in 1999. Going to take me a long time to get over that.
It's crazy how different our feelings are about this.

You've experienced Athens, Kiev, Paris. Losing the league title by a point on the final day on two occasions. The Hodgson era. This was an FA Cup quarter final loss in the midst of a season where we're challenging for a title, are favourites for the Europa League and have already had our day at Wembley winning the League Cup. Not ideal giving United - what will be - their highlight of the season at our expense, but it's not like the FA Cup will define our season.

I'm pretty rattled by the tragedy chanting, and the videos surfacing of United fans doing the usual Hillsborough imitations, but I'm over the result already. Bigger fish to fry.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think we deserved anything out of that. We seemed mentally checked out and our performance was error-strewn. To their credit (euughh!) United never gave up - I don't think they were jammy and the xG bears that out:

HT: Man Utd (1.86) 1-2 (1.19) Liverpool

After 90 minutes: Man Utd (3.13) 2-2 (1.93) Liverpool

After Extra Time: Man Utd (4.25) 4-3 (2.18) Liverpool

All the same, hate losing to these but we've got bigger fish to fry and with the upcoming recovery period hopefully we have enough fuel to fire us home.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It's crazy how different our feelings are about this.

You've experienced Athens, Kiev, Paris. Losing the league title by a point on the final day on two occasions. The Hodgson era. This was an FA Cup quarter final loss in the midst of a season where we're challenging for a title, are favourites for the Europa League and have already had our day at Wembley winning the League Cup. Not ideal giving United - what will be - their highlight of the season at our expense, but it's not like the FA Cup will define our season.

I'm pretty rattled by the tragedy chanting, and the videos surfacing of United fans doing the usual Hillsborough imitations, but I'm over the result already. Bigger fish to fry.

Yep, it's really strange. This is not an important game relative to the rest of our season, let alone in our lifetimes. Of course we'd have preferred to have won, but I think most of us would be happier with 3 points in our next league game than we would have been with progressing in the Cup.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got back. Absolutely gutting but if we win the league, this wont hurt one bit and today was a valuable lesson in being ruthless when you’re in control.

The game was won in the second half, they had almost given up. But we spurned countless 2 on 1s, 3 on 2s and on one occasion a 5 on 2. This isn’t the first time either. Had several against City last week and home to Arsenal. It’s as if they’re not sure how to fashion the opportunity and it’s something they need to work on as there are some easy goals to be had.

Our corner routines are strangely toothless too. Had a bunch today and against City but Robbo’s delivery was too slow and high and I can’t recall a decent header on goal. Used to be a strength of ours.

I don’t mention either to be negative rather I think they are two areas where we can achieve some material gains in the crucial games to come.

PS Their finishing was insanely good, Macheda levels of spawn. Just wasn’t our day.

I'm hearing an 18 year old bossed our midfield.  ::)
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well that was a bit shite. I guess you can't win without kids. In League cup final, we had the courage to have fresh legs for the extra time. Here we did not.

Onward and forward.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
we better beat that shower of shite in the prem

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Didn't want to lose but having lost, not really feeling particularly upset by it. Like a overwhelming feeling of 'meh-ness'.

Only thing annoying really is that the legendary quad is off, which is a shame and that we'll have to deal with some smug mancs for a bit, but otherwise it was all a bit *shrugs*.

My Manc supporting mate called it an epic - my view was that the scoreline was epic, but the football sure as fuck wasn't. They were decent for the first 20 minutes, but once we found our feet and rhythm we were obviously so much better than they were. Like, there was a literal gulf in class I thought between the two teams and yet, as it transpired, was not enough to do these c*nts.

If anything, I thought we just looked tired, which is in and of itself not suprising given the number of games we've played. Endo in particular looked tired, and he's never looked leggy before.

Do them on the 7th of April and this will be but a memory.
I may be in a minority of one, I don't know, but 'the quad' never crossed my mind. It's little more than a pressure-inducing media construction. I don't really see it as now gone, because I never for a moment thought it was actually on. To me, talk of a 'quad' with months of a very tight season to go, were just fanciful rubbish.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Hopefully, it's lessons learned for the league game. And hopefully we have more first team players back.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
Not a wise idea to post immediately after the game. I'm still at a loss over the unneccessary nature of it. I'm struggling to think of any time that's happened since Klopp arrived. The Bournemouth 4-3?

We were over the hills and far away and snatched defeat from the jaws of vicotry. And against that rabble singing their vile shit for 90 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:11:25 am by ValiantInstance »

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
The most annoying thing about the result is Manu are fucking shit. At least when City turn you over they are very good side.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The most annoying thing about the result is Manu are fucking shit. At least when City turn you over they are very good side.

Need to be more ruthless at times. Second half there was a good 30 mins where they had pretty much given up and a 3rd goal would have killed the game off. But we messed up time and time again and let the worst player on the pitch score a flukey goal. We then managed to go ahead again in extra time but then made silly mistakes and game management was non existent.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We need to start being more clinical when we are on the attack like the 5v2.

Time and time again we arse around with the ball in the oppositions box instead of having a pop.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Around the 60 minute mark the gulf in class was completely obvious. We appeared complacent in that the players were aware of this, playing it around like a training session with no urgency to put the game to bed. One too many stupid, tired mistakes and too easily countered. You know it’s not your day when the human fidget spinner scores against you ffs.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
I've read a couple of posts saying we were fatigued. This result had nothing to do with fatigue. Non whatsoever. It's down to application. We were far too arrogant in the 2nd half and it cost us. We got what we deserved. I was fuming in the 2nd half the way we were so casual. We were in total control but thought the game was won despite only leading 2-1. No matter how poor we think the opposition are, in these moments you kill the friggin game instead of trying to over do it with extra passes or fancy skills.

I am also not interested in reading about Man Utd's XG being better than ours. It's about the eye test. Any sane person who knows about football will see that we lost this game ourselves by being way too casual. There were moments when the camera panned to Klopp, and you could see how frustrated he was getting at the unnecessary extra passes and bad decision making in the final 3rd.

Play like this again in the league against them when leading and we will be on the end of another bad result.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
I may be in a minority of one, I don't know, but 'the quad' never crossed my mind. It's little more than a pressure-inducing media construction. I don't really see it as now gone, because I never for a moment thought it was actually on. To me, talk of a 'quad' with months of a very tight season to go, were just fanciful rubbish.
Agreed. Goes against everything the old boot room philosophy taught us. One game at a time. The next one is Brighton at home and it’s a FAR bigger game than yesterday.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
Need to be more ruthless at times. Second half there was a good 30 mins where they had pretty much given up and a 3rd goal would have killed the game off. But we messed up time and time again and let the worst player on the pitch score a flukey goal. We then managed to go ahead again in extra time but then made silly mistakes and game management was non existent.

Final minute of extra time and everyone goes up the corner. It worked against Forest but after two halves of extra time it may have have been better to hold a couple back but hindsight is 20/20.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've read a couple of posts saying we were fatigued. This result had nothing to do with fatigue. Non whatsoever.
Are you sure about that? Look at the games we’ve had and the injuries we’ve been coming back from. Not trying to make excuses, you’re right we were far too casual and complacent (not having arrogant btw, sorry but not this team, we owe them that), but we looked gassed, and it’s understandable.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
Just that. Although I thought they were the most eager of the sides. It just never felt like this game was going to be ours, especially when we didn't turn that second half dominance into goals. In the end, we looked knackered.   
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Just get your head back together for the next game, because if you think yesterday was more important than Brighton at Anfield then you’ve got your bills on the wrong way round.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Extra time it showed the amounts of minutes we have played this season and it finally caught up to us.

Glad this quadruple talk is done now as it adds unnecessary pressure. Won 1 cup this season and a good chance to add 1 or 2 more.

Hopefully we have a few back from injury by our next league game and we can make 1 final push. The boys have done incredibly well this season so let’s get behind them for the final 10-15 games.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unfortunately much like the City game we didn't take our chances to win the game. Regardless of the opposition quality, if you don't put the game to bed they always have a punchers chance.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah its fucking stupid. Its insane to even consider winning 4 trophies in one season and we saw the effect it had on the team in 21/22. That game against Madrid goes a different way if we have more energy and the following season we fell off a cliff as a result.

The trophies are great but there is only one that really, truly matters this season and that is the league. Everything else is a nice to have.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It just never felt like this game was going to be ours
I felt the opposite. Even in that first half at 1-0 I wasn’t worried. Then for 90% of that second half, they looked like they’d given up. I think it fooled us into thinking it was over somehow! They were utterly demoralised and dejected. It was just too easy. Our ball. Like taking sweets off a baby…..except we never scoffed them, casually left them on the side and the baby grabbed them back and it was difficult from that point on.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
I'm already over this game. Just focus on getting players fit again and Brighton. This international break has actually come at a good time.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Extra time it showed the amounts of minutes we have played this season and it finally caught up to us.

Glad this quadruple talk is done now as it adds unnecessary pressure. Won 1 cup this season and a good chance to add 1 or 2 more.

Hopefully we have a few back from injury by our next league game and we can make 1 final push. The boys have done incredibly well this season so let’s get behind them for the final 10-15 games.
I don't buy that as an excuse/reason for a lot of the players on the pitch in extra time. Fatigue for some like Nunez probably more tired with just playing nearly 2 hours fair enough, but he has played less total minutes than the likes of Rashford, Garnacho and Fernandes for example. We've played a lot of games but rotated a lot (not always through choice) and so only really Van Dijk has probably played a lot of minutes. We played it badly, it happens. We've had plenty of these kind of end to end games under Klopp, a lot of the time we've come out on top, yesterday we didn't.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah - we’re nowhere near good enough for a start (yes we’ve done really well - but we’re not even close to our 2018-2020 side, and I don’t think we come close to our 2021-22 side). I can see us winning the league maybe - but the “quad” involves pipping City twice and I just can’t see it.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Seems a testament to our position that people just can't compute us actually losing a game. And a difficult tie to Man Utd in a cup match at Old Trafford. And with all the problems we've overcome in the last couple of months.

The team were naive and complacent? Talk of 'they're shite' and 'we'll batter them' is pretty naive and complacent if you ask me. They often beat us when they were shite in the 80's and we often beat them when we were shite in the 90's/2000's. It's not a normal fixture. They still have enough quality to turn it on. Seems the two thrashings have made a lot of people forget that.

Interestingly, Klopp didn't come out and call his team naive & complacent, or bemoan the loss of Alisson, the speed of Gakpo, the breakdown of a 5v2 or the loading of a box in the last corner of the game (you know, the last nervy corner that we've loaded the box and scored form several times). He knows they gave what they could and it just didn't work out this time.

It's a shame, but shit happens. And thank fuck I don't have to hear the word 'quad' for another year. I want the league for Klopp and us, everything else is a bonus.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:45:15 am by meady1981 »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
we better beat that shower of shite in the prem

After the behaviour of their disgusting, radicalised, fanbase only another 5-0 would do.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
I don't buy that as an excuse/reason for a lot of the players on the pitch in extra time. Fatigue for some like Nunez probably more tired with just playing nearly 2 hours fair enough, but he has played less total minutes than the likes of Rashford, Garnacho and Fernandes for example. We've played a lot of games but rotated a lot (not always through choice) and so only really Van Dijk has probably played a lot of minutes. We played it badly, it happens. We've had plenty of these kind of end to end games under Klopp, a lot of the time we've come out on top, yesterday we didn't.

They said on ITV this was our 18th game of the calendar year, it was United’s 12th. That’s 50% more games. Whether it works out as more minutes or not, it’s more preparation, more travel, more mental fatigue and tons more pressure to perform.

Being at home was the big advantage for them yesterday. We can’t gas Anfield up like we do for picking the team up when we look flat and not expect them to have a similar type of lift when their season’s on the line against their biggest rivals.

For me, we did look knackered, not just physically, but we looked like we’d lost our control and ability to execute our tactics/gameplan. We just started pumping long balls up for Maguire to head, it’s literally his bread and butter, with very little in terms of players looking to pick up second balls. I thought all of our full backs were pretty poor going both ways and United exploited that.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not an excuse but it’s a valid point. We’ve been fighting on 4 fronts, with constant intensive games. Players dropping in and out with injury etc. All we can do is accept the result and go again.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But if you’re talking about the players on the pitch in extra time, then look at our back four. How often have they played together? They’re all great players but three of them don’t play if Matip, Trent, Ibou are fit, or if Robbo isn’t coming back after a lay off, or Joe hasn’t run himself into the ground. Injuries mean more fatigue and more changes, and we’ve had a dozen players out as of very recently, 9 or 10 of them first team starters. This, combined with the sheer number of games played, will inevitably affect us and I think it showed in extra time yesterday.

Time to reset and get ready for the run in. Get the international break out the way, hopefully get them all back in one piece (and keep any with even the slightest issue at home please!) and then bring it on. Yesterday will soon be forgotten.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:03:17 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
That result guarantees one thing and that is when we play them in the league in a few weeks, that will not be allowed to happen again
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Frustrating result.

Was a bonkers game of football in all honesty. We should have finished them off but got sloppy.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
United got fortunate with the draw and which round it’s in. Most other seasons we’d be taking them back to Anfield for a replay. Could be a blessing that didn’t happen with the fixtures coming up.

Still pretty gutted about this one. Maybe it’s that losing has become such an abnormal event this season. Definitely the manner of it anyway, had it finished 1-0 it would be easier to blow off. Gave me real flashbacks of Solskear doing us in 99. Seemed like the norm back then at OT.

There’s a lot to be said for this team, going ahead twice at OT, taking the twats to ET and almost penalties, us still missing 4/5 starters. Not to mention Elliott’s one off the post, absolute bedlam if that goes in.

All in all, a sore one that may take another day to fully digest. Bigger picture though, if you had said this season would be turning out the way it has at the start, I’d take it all day long.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Agreed.  The game v Prague on Thu was like a training game anyway.  Just a few too many players off the pace yesterday esp with poor decision making up top when Utd was begging to be put to bed in second half. 

Then a couple of basic mistakes to give UTD their last 2 goals.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
If there is going to be one game we lose between now and the end of the season then this was going to be close to the top of the list.

League is all important, European games next and the FA cup at the bottom.

Let this one hurt for a bit but there is a league still to be won and players coming back. That's the focus