Author Topic: FAC:ManU 4 vs 3 Liv McT 10’ Mac 44’ Salah 45+2’ Antony 87’ Elliot 105’ Rash 113’  (Read 42177 times)

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
it's disappointing and I absolutely hate losing to them. Had to turn my phone off. We looked shattered once we got to extra time and united seemed to have a 2nd wind with the crowd fully up for it. They seemed to be winnng all the 2nd balls during that period.

We don't need the extra games so could be a blessing. Hope it's just a blip and we can move on from this. Shame we have the international break now but maybe will give us a chance to get some injured players back in shape.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Totally on us,time and time again we got very easily into and around their box and made the wrong decision every time (by various players) and everything just fizzled out.

I'd prefer not to dwell on it,dont't think it's a trend just one of those days.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
100%. I didn't think we'd win both so given the choice I would rather the 3 points. I'd say the same about the Arsenal game.

I expected to win both but I never thought it would be easy. I would expect City to beat them if and when they meet.
We have a much better team and squad even if we have been stretched due to injuries.
We were by far the better team overall and we were in total control when we were 2-1 up. They then scored a goal out of nothing.

When we went 3-2 up I thought we would strangle the game but two mistakes cost us.

If we play as well against them again and with more options from the bench then I expect that we should beat them.

#JFT97

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Only got ourselves to blame today.  They raised their game and got the early goal.  We took control and took the lead but failed to make our superiority count in the second half.  Not good enough defensively when it mattered.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 09:08:51 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Totally on us,time and time again we got very easily into and around their box and made the wrong decision every time (by various players) and everything just fizzled out.

I'd prefer not to dwell on it,dont't think it's a trend just one of those days.
Yeah totally. For most of the game we played quite well considering. It's just one of them. Tired legs and tired minds in extra time and it could have gone either way by then.

I think Utd will already be beaten going into the league game. They'll be thinking there's no way they'll beat us again. They don't have much to play for either. The team that loses the first game usually wins the second in these situations.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Hopefully we learn from today and set up better. It was calling out for two midfielders to sit and allow the front 4 to run riot.

Rashford looked onside for that last minute chance as VVD is really deep.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
At the end of the day, we played the occasion and not the game. We almost seemed reluctant to go 2 goals up for some reason. It looked like a fear of success (yes it exists).

We were just too emotional and we have a mental block at their stadium. I'm not surprised at how ET went given that we had some inexperienced players but they should learn from this.

I'm not a partisan of the "focus on the league movement" because I felt it was a very realistic chance of winning another shiny pot. The toughest team left in City and if there's one team that can beat them in a one-off game, it's us.

Anyway, we have the Europa League and the League which present realistic opportunities to win more.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Would have loved for Rashford to stick that away. Whole stadium would have absolutely erupted. Place would have gone mental. Players and fans alike losing their minds.

Only for it to be wiped 3 minutes later.

Pretty much happened at 120 mins didn’t it?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Would have loved for Rashford to stick that away. Whole stadium would have absolutely erupted. Place would have gone mental. Players and fans alike losing their minds.

Only for it to be wiped 3 minutes later.

He is onside. Watch a replay.

It was poor defending but we looked gassed at the end.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
We always seem to struggle with the size of the pitch at OT.. or it feels like it anyway.

Not a great result/performance but I’ll take it for a win in the league.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We always seem to struggle with the size of the pitch at OT.. or it feels like it anyway.

Not a great result/performance but I’ll take it for a win in the league.

Pitch is only two yards longer in each half as Anfield. Width is the same.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
It's painful no denying it. But it's like a vaccination. Against complacency, against arrogance, and against lethargy. The initial sharp ouch of a needle stick and a sore arm for a few hours, but an experience that'll stop us contracting tetanus (always a risk with Bruno Fernandes on the pitch) when the infinitely more important league match comes round on April 7.

This was effectively their cup final, their opportunity to prevent Ten Hag from being Tuchel'd. When they eventually get KO'd from the FA Cup (and I wouldn't rule out Coventry doing the honours), of course they'll still take some joy in "stopping (us) doing the Quad", as if it were ever a realistic possibility. That's how small time they are but understandable as they've had little to cheer about of late. It also may help keep some of their rotten apples in place for longer, a PSG-like effect. This isn't going to change anything for them. To quote Virgil, who cares.

So go on, rub your arms to take the sting out of it, and remember we've already been to Wembley this season and have the silverware to prove it. Instead, without distraction, I'm now looking forward to both the business end of the PL and (hopefully) the UEFA Cup final in Dublin, so we can send Jurgen off with the bang he truly deserves.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Have calmed down ( a bit) as it's been a while since the final whistle. I get the shouts that there'll be less games for the run in and it's only the FA cup with bigger fish for us to fry. However, I just fucking hate losing to this shower. Any other team and I would have been quite sanguine about it, but not this lot. Even a draw against this lot feels like a loss.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Have calmed down ( a bit) as it's been a while since the final whistle. I get the shouts that there'll be less games for the run in and it's only the FA cup with bigger fish for us to fry. However, I just fucking hate losing to this shower. Any other team and I would have been quite sanguine about it, but not this lot. Even a draw against this lot feels like a loss.

It's because they're massive c*nts and their fan base are vile. I'm not getting over this any time soon

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
Had a 5 on 2 at 2-1 and a 4 on 2 at 3-2 and blew both of them.
Nunez was completely off form.
Once Salah went off we looked way worse.
Should have taken Nunez off not Salah.

Why go all out for the last corner as if we were a goal down?
Just have gone conservative and taken penalties.
I'd have no doubt Rashford and Co would have bottled it in the shootout.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
It's difficult dealing with this losing lark. Not something I have experienced that much this season.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Had a 5 on 2 at 2-1 and a 4 on 2 at 3-2 and blew both of them.
Nunez was completely off form.
Once Salah went off we looked way worse.
Should have taken Nunez off not Salah.

Why go all out for the last corner as if we were a goal down?
Just have gone conservative and taken penalties.
I'd have no doubt Rashford and Co would have bottled it in the shootout.

Thing I don’t understand with the salah sub was why on earth did we play him for 90 mins against Sparta then take him off after 75 mins today. It should have been the other way round. The game was won against Sparta and I was shocked that we fielded such a strong side against them.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Thing I don’t understand with the salah sub was why on earth did we play him for 90 mins against Sparta then take him off after 75 mins today. It should have been the other way round. The game was won against Sparta and I was shocked that we fielded such a strong side against them.

He stayed on at Sparta as Clark got injured and was last sub.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
One of those games where Firmino would have thrived. Crying out for a false 9 or a 10 to pick up balls in between the back 4 and spaces in midfield. Nunez playing off the shoulder first 20 didn't work out. Front 3 were too far apart early on. Getting Nunez into the game helped massively from 20 to 45.

Thought Salah was poor aside from the goal. Final ball terrible numerous times.

Nunez look shattered from about 70, no idea why he played him for 120 minutes.

Gomez, Bradley and Robertson had their hands full all game, you'd have to credit their wide players especially Garnacho. Ding Dong battles but felt we were poor in those areas.

For the league game he has to do something different. A 4-1-2-1-2 would help massively

Food for thought, we've played Arsenal, City and United twice this season with 0 wins. Big game in 3 weeks

“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

He's always put strong teams out in Europe, how can you be surprised now?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
He stayed on at Sparta as Clark got injured and was last sub.

He also barely rain in the last half hour there so doubt that was a huge factor in when he came off today. If today was pre planned then fair enough. Obviously we’ll always look more dangerous with Mo on the pitch and in an ideal world he’d have played longer but maybe he couldn’t be risked any further.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
United could’ve scored in the last minute of normal time , anyone can cherry pick chances. The point is we had it on a plate then completely fucked it . Cowardly , lazy , potato , potatoe

I actually love seeing dopes like you fume when we lose.

It even makes losing to the mancs bearable that fair weather fuckers get such a cob on and throw their toys out the pram cos we lost one game 😂.

Grow the fuck up.

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
Dont understand why we had so many players forward for the corner that lead to their goal.

Last minute and we were so open to the counter, poor game management.

Hate losing to them, we looked like we are running on fumes , a game too far.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
Think that one is on Jurgen today, Subs was a bit mind boggling, Playing Salah for 90 mins when we were 11-2 up yet taking him off in a must win match. Gakpo might be off in the summer maybe.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
I think Utd will already be beaten going into the league game. They'll be thinking there's no way they'll beat us again. They don't have much to play for either. The team that loses the first game usually wins the second in these situations.

Yuk.

Respectfully, I think you should show them and their ground more respect.

This team isn't better than many of Klopp's that have failed to win at Old Trafford.  They may have little to nothing to play for, but you lack understanding of the rivalry if you think their players/fans won't be wanting to knock us off in a league game just as badly, perhaps more.

There is also no historical precedent that says a team that wins an FA Cup game must then lose the next time they play said team in a competitive fixture.  This is like saying that we played a 0-0 with Chelsea in a cup final so therefore we won't play a 0-0 with them in another cup final - but did.  But surely the next season we would not play another 0-0 with them in 90 minutes of a cup final...but did.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He is onside. Watch a replay.

Can you link to footage?
I only saw 1 replay they showed on TV. Looked offside to me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Yuk.

Respectfully, I think you should show them and their ground more respect.

This team isn't better than many of Klopp's that have failed to win at Old Trafford.  They may have little to nothing to play for, but you lack understanding of the rivalry if you think their players/fans won't be wanting to knock us off in a league game just as badly, perhaps more.

There is also no historical precedent that says a team that wins an FA Cup game must then lose the next time they play said team in a competitive fixture.  This is like saying that we played a 0-0 with Chelsea in a cup final so therefore we won't play a 0-0 with them in another cup final - but did.  But surely the next season we would not play another 0-0 with them in 90 minutes of a cup final...but did.
What it does is given them more confidence.

However, they are shite and we should focus on playing football and beating them.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
We've got 2 competitions now. Let's focus one game at a time and take our chances. Not a nice feeling today but all you can do is learn from it and hope Jota, Ali come back for the last stretch of the season.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Still struggling to wrap my head around this one. We're the second half destroyers, but we lost the second half... to Antony! We led at half-time ET, but lost the second half of ET 2-0! We conceded 28 shots / 11 on target... to Manchester... United?!? No, this didn't happen. The game started 2.30am local time, I obviously dreamed it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
We've got 2 competitions now. Let's focus one game at a time and take our chances. Not a nice feeling today but all you can do is learn from it and hope Jota, Ali come back for the last stretch of the season.

Ali isn't going to be back for a while yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Have seen that. Looks offside.
Looking for the angle you seen that shows he's on.

Not sure why anyone would want to see any of their chances again!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Have seen that. Looks offside.
Looking for the angle you seen that shows he's on.

Rashford is behind VVD when the ball is released.

It doesn’t matter as he missed.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rashford is behind VVD when the ball is released.

It doesn’t matter as he missed.

Looks at best level and leaning forward.

Was just curious to see the footage you seem to have seen that convinced you enough to declare factually that he's onside that's all.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
Gutted, and losing to them is crap. The break will do us good. Players coming back fitter and stronger. Honestly, I want us to win the league more than any other competition.  We just have to win our remaining games and it's ours. City will slip, convinced....
#YNWA

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
Think that one is on Jurgen today, Subs was a bit mind boggling, Playing Salah for 90 mins when we were 11-2 up yet taking him off in a must win match. Gakpo might be off in the summer maybe.

The game definitely changed ( for the worst ) when the subs came on. Thought there was a touch of arrogance about us today - which is unforgivable given our record there and we could have ended their season. Jurgen should  rip into them.

Poor decision making, half arsed shots, 10 men up for the corner in the last minute of extra time, full backs constantly out of position to give them the counter attack, Kelleher’s  daft throw to Nunez, Darwin’s stupid pass which schoolboys are taught not to play, Harvey’s half arsed tackle, Gakpo being Gakpo etc

We’re much better than them and played like it for 70 minutes, but we need to learn that you have to finish them off and not give them a sniff.

Learn this lesson for 3 weeks time please..

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Ali isn't going to be back for a while yet.
Really?? What's the problem with him?? He just disappeared one day and that was it....

That said to be fair Kelleher's been fantastic as backups go. Days like today were more about the lads in front of him, but Jota is/was immense for us. The amount of times he comes on and turns the game on its head...  can't wait for him to come back although he looked in all sorts of trouble when came off, so I'm not sure when or if he'll play a part.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oddly unbothered by this. We’ve had our cup win at Wembley. We saw what chasing four trophies did to us a couple of years ago. I want the league and I want another European trophy. Never great to lose but I can see the upsides to going out of the FA Cup.

My main worry is that we struggle to beat this shite Manchester United side and we play them in the run-in.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
I think Klopps hands were tied against Sparta,Clark got an injury and had to come off hence Salah had to stay on …?