Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 28860 times)

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think we can hurt them over the top, personally would avoid the midfield on occasions.
Both United and City had numerous chances down the channels or a long ball.
Going to be a nervy one tomorrow.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Salah will start IMO.

Even if he isn’t fit for 90 I still think he starts.
YWNA

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Shocked and sad to see so many here actually criticising or not keen on Trent's quotes, as somehow giving ammo to City's players.

For me, I don't think he went far enough. He should have called them what they are. Cheats and mercenaries. And it should be repeated at every single opportunity whether it be Klopp, Virgil or any of our senior players.

At least then, the media would be forced to address the real issues - all 115 of them - instead of subverting and diluting the message into a "oooh bad blood between title rivals, City and Liverpool" narrative.

I'm proud the lad has said that.
It was meant for Liverpool fans, but I'm so happpy it's gotten so much press, cause whatever they've construed it to mean- it is spot on! I hope it is the start of something beautiful- where others also start firing shots.
City have thin skins- both on the pitch and IRL.

Couldn't give a shit if it inspires City- honestly.
It doesn't matter what level they turn up in tomorrow- they can be at the absolute best theyhave ever been- they will lose, or draw!

Klopp believes, our players believe, the supporters believe. With the whole of Liverpooldom in such an in-sync tune, it will take a herculean effort to get something. It will be exceedingly hard for them to walk away with a victory.
I hope we rile them up even more!
I want to see them beaten at their very best!
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 09:12:47 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo looks exhausted. Hopefully Salah is fit to start

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

I can see the reasoning for not starting Salah but think Elliott would get in the side over Gakpo anyway.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I dont think there is an issue about Salah starting, the question is can he do 90 minutes.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
We're good enough to beat them without Mo starting. I would prefer him coming on in the second half.

Are we? I don’t think so, at least if Jota was available that statement would be more valid imo, we missed Salah a lot vs Arsenal.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Are we? I don’t think so, at least if Jota was available that statement would be more valid imo, we missed Salah a lot vs Arsenal.

We had no Nunez against Arsenal either.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
I dont think there is an issue about Salah starting, the question is can he do 90 minutes.

If he cant you bring on the player who looks too tired to play a full 90.

All i’m saying is Gkpo has been playing a hell of a lot recently. Bring him on with half hour or maybe even less to go and he might not look so shattered, start him and he likely plays a minimum of 60, it’s a lot.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
If he cant you bring on the player who looks too tired to play a full 90.

All i’m saying is Gkpo has been playing a hell of a lot recently. Bring him on with half hour or maybe even less to go and he might not look so shattered, start him and he likely plays a minimum of 60, it’s a lot.

Thing is, Salah only had what, 20 minutes midweek? He looked fit and sharp against Brentford and then he was out again with the same injury.

Also we have to factor in that both Szobozslai and Nunez are both only just back from injury as well. Are they fit to do 90 minutes? Reason why I ask is because come the 80th minute or around then, I want at least one of Nunez or Salah on the field. If both or all three need some level of protection then we risk going into the last portion of the game with none of our most potent forwards.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Darwin didn't start. He's not bad.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

Of course we are. We're good enough to beat anyone at home with or without Salah.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Of course we are. We're good enough to beat anyone at home with or without Salah.

Without Salah and Jota against the best team in the league I’m not sure.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
He's barely played since the turn of the year but we've kept on winning. 

It just shows how good a team we are and how deep our squad because some teams would crumble if they were without arguably their best player(Virg and Ali in the conversation too) for 2 months.

Gone are those days where a Gerrard/Torres injury meant our season was over. It's a credit to the so called "squad players".

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Both have missed their fair share of games and we've been fine. Our squad doesn't get enough credit.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
Darwin didn't start. He's not bad.

Yes but Jota did, against the best teams like City and Arsenal I think we will need 2 of the 3 to start to get a win, it’s hard enough to get one with them as we’ve seen in the last couple years.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
Both have missed their fair share of games and we've been fine. Our squad doesn't get enough credit.

Against the minnows yes, not the likes of Arsenal in the league. I don’t doubt we could beat 18/20 of the teams in the league without our two best attackers I just doubt we can do it against the likes of Arsenal and City.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Against the minnows yes, not the likes of Arsenal in the league. I don’t doubt we could beat 18/20 of the teams in the league without our two best attackers I just doubt we can do it against the likes of Arsenal and City.

The problem is both have just come back from injuries. I want both of them on the field but I dont want to be in a situation when on 60-70 minutes, both need to come off.

This game is ‘live’ all the way to the end. We need to make sure we are not playing a decent amount of it without both of them.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Really? We won a trophy without them. Our squad doesn't get enough credit like I said.

We're not Arsenal that blame last season on one injury. The mentality that Jurgen instilled in us means that we always have to believe and we have ample evidence supporting it.

Barcelona, hello?
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 10:00:10 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline kop306

• Kopite
looks like mo is staying

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
looks like mo is staying

Staying where? In his hotel room?

Offline kop306

• Kopite
Staying where? In his hotel room?

he's done an interview with carra on sky sports

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

It makes the task harder without them 2 for sure. But personally I think in Nunez, Van Dijk and Klopp we have 3 absolute beasts who can give us an edge against any side in the word, especially at Anfield

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Bit nervy over on Bluemoon,  We need to ramp the atmosphere up big style,  think they will cack their kecks big style.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
It makes the task harder without them 2 for sure. But personally I think in Nunez, Van Dijk and Klopp we have 3 absolute beasts who can give us an edge against any side in the word, especially at Anfield
If we were to be a team that feels sorry for itself then we've had enough reasons to feel that way this season.

Robbo missed 2 months
Ali is out for 2 months
Mo missed 2 months
Thiago missed the entire season
Jota has missed a few (festive fixture and now)
Mac has missed a few (injury and unfair straight red card)
Matip is out for the season
Virg was unfairly sent out and we had to throw an untried kid to the Wolves (literally)
Trent will have missed at least 2 months by the time he's back.
Tsimikas missed a month in a busy period and we had to field an untried kid.
We played a final with 6/7 starters out

Yet here we are with a trophy and we're still in the remaining 3 ccompetitions. It's due to our mentality (not feeling sorry for ourselves), us being a well-coached team and our squad depth.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 10:28:58 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
Obviously, this game is on a knife edge and injuries are a concern  but we'll have a really good 11 on the pitch and Anfield is a massive advantage.  They have a poor enough record away to us. We even beat them there last season when we were shite. City normally have a superior goal difference at this stage in title races but this year they trail both us and arsenal in that respect.  Its hugely unlikely to be the decisive factor but it does show that they're not quite the machine they were and its because they give up a good few chances. I'm going 2-1 liverpool in a nail biter...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
If we were to be a team that feels sorry for itself then we've had enough reasons to feel that way this season.

Robbo missed 2 months
Ali is out for 2 months
Mo missed 2 months
Thiago missed the entire season
 has missed a few (festive fixture and now)
Mac has missed a few (injury and unfair straight red card)
Matip is out for the season
Virg was unfairly sent out and we had to throw an untried kid to the Wolves (literally)
Trent will have missed at least 2 months by the time he's back.
Tsimikas missed a month in a busy period and we had to field an untried kid.

Not to mention the Spurs match  :)
I always forget about Thiago and Matip when we talk injury lists

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Not to mention the Spurs match  :)
I always forget about Thiago and Matip when we talk injury lists
Even in the Brighton game, we were robbed. A clear red card wasn't given.

We played a final with 6/7 starters out, against a well-rested team and we were robbed twice (legitimate goal and red card) yet we still won. People should stop doubting this team. We are MENTALITY MONSTERS.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 10:47:31 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Thing is, Salah only had what, 20 minutes midweek? He looked fit and sharp against Brentford and then he was out again with the same injury.

Also we have to factor in that both Szobozslai and Nunez are both only just back from injury as well. Are they fit to do 90 minutes? Reason why I ask is because come the 80th minute or around then, I want at least one of Nunez or Salah on the field. If both or all three need some level of protection then we risk going into the last portion of the game with none of our most potent forwards.

Not a clue how fit and ready any of them are to be honest, i’m not really in a position to know. At a guess, Nunez looks fine and is showing no signs of issues. Mo, history suggests he’s one of the most resilient players in world football, it’s not the only factor BUT his recent return then re-injury is a real exception in his pattern of fitness vs injury. Szoboszlai it’s hard to know, looked fine vs Sparta but that only tells you so much. He may well be fine to play a large chunk of the game before coming off if needs be.

Honestly we just need as strong a team as possible and to feed off the atmosphere and take the game to them. We know what we can do at Anfield and how much it affects opposition sides

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
Really? We won a trophy without them. Our squad doesn't get enough credit like I said.

We're not Arsenal that blame last season on one injury. The mentality that Jurgen instilled in us means that we always have to believe and we have ample evidence supporting it.

Barcelona, hello?

I think if you look at my posts from the start of the season I've actually rated this squad has the best Klopp has had, i was the one who said we didn't really need any signings in January, and minimal signings in the summer.   

Still doesn't mean i should be deluded, we've been arguably bettered by an Arsenal side over the last two seasons even with our best players playing, our squad is great but any side including City and Arsenal would struggle with 2 out of their 3 best attacking players not available, its just common sense.

Take out Haaland and Foden or Saka and Martinelli from the Arsenal side and the same i've said for us would apply for them.

This City side is better than that Barcelona side by the way.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I think if you look at my posts from the start of the season I've actually rated this squad has the best Klopp has had, i was the one who said we didn't really need any signings in January, and minimal signings in the summer.   

Still doesn't mean i should be deluded, we've been arguably bettered by an Arsenal side over the last two seasons even with our best players playing, our squad is great but any side including City and Arsenal would struggle with 2 out of their 3 best attacking players not available, its just common sense.

Take out Haaland and Foden or Saka and Martinelli from the Arsenal side and the same i've said for us would apply for them.

This City side is better than that Barcelona side by the way.
The best teams don't rely on individuals. Take Haaland and Foden out of Man City and they will still win 8/9 out of every ten games. Last season,
they beat us 4-1 without those two players. How does "common sense" explain that? That's the mentality of a top team that wins things which we are.

Also, Arsenal have won nothing and they can't be placed in that bracket yet.

IMO, your viewpoint is a bit simplistic but we can agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 11:22:59 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
WE need to beat them. End of. YNWA
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Darwin Sbozo and Mo are going to fuck them up. Sbozo's gonna dizzy them mentally with his pregame ensemble and then help Endo kick the fuck out of Rodri who will be reduced to actual tears about it. Darwin and Mo will just terrorize them. Bradley too in on the fun with Mo.

so yeah, dont worry about that. We'll take all of what they've got and then slap em on the back.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Foden worries me the most , he seems unplayable at the moment and always seems to do well against us the c*nt !
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Why is it at 3.45? Never seen a kick off at that time before

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Why is it at 3.45? Never seen a kick off at that time before

The Police have a gala to get to.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
The best teams don't rely on individuals. Take Haaland and Foden out of Man City and they will still win 8/9 out of every ten games. Last season,
they beat us 4-1 without those two players. How does "common sense" explain that? That's the mentality of a top team that wins things which we are.

Also, Arsenal have won nothing and they can't be placed in that bracket yet.

IMO, your viewpoint is a bit simplistic but we can agree to disagree.

Last season where did we finish?

The best teams do rely on individuals we rely on VVD rely on Salah, Nunez, and together they make a great team.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Last season where did we finish?

The best teams do rely on individuals we rely on VVD rely on Salah, Nunez, and together they make a great team.
Still missing the point and ignored the fallacious "common sense" argument but okay :D
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 11:56:43 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
If Jurgen’s told Salah can’t do 90 minutes tomorrow then I’d rather see him finish the game then start it.

Just don’t know who plays if he doesn’t. There’s a shit tonne of minutes in Gakpo and Elliot’s legs.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
We have a game to win tomorrow.  Winners don't make excuses (especially beforehand LOL).

We're strong enough to beat them and they have  glaring weaknesses so let's smash them. If we want to win this league, winning our next two will go a long way. The first leg is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.