Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 28187 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Thats like the game in the run in of 2014. We were 2 - 0 up at half time, think Sterling scored our 2nd. Then they dominated for 20 mins in the 2nd half and got it back to 2 - 2. Coutinho got the winner around 82 mins, Hendo sent off in injury time.

Hendo getting sent off was a massive factor in the Chelsea game. Chelsea fucked us in the game and their player (Moses) fucked us in the City game by playing Henderson a hospital ball which resulted in him getting sent off.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Understand that it’s not a must win from a points situation.

But has a team ever won the title without beating its closest title rivals even once? This is our last chance. So far we are 2 points from 3 games.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

But has a team ever won the title without beating its closest title rivals even once? This is our last chance. So far we are 2 points from 3 games.

Manu in 08/09. We beat them home and away and still lost the league.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Who would you say is the front three? Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz?

Mo will start in place of Cody.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I’m sure we play every game to win - doesn’t change a draw being a good result and a better one for us than them
We'll be 2nd if we draw and things will be tight. How is that a good result? It's a decent result at best. We can't go into this being happy with a draw but if that's the result,  it's not the of the world.

A result that takes things out of our hands is not a good result. Only a win keeps it in our hands.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Need the players to be brave and I’ve seen plenty of bravery from this side. Feeling quietly confident.

Into these Reds.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Don’t get this one either … the league table doesn’t know who you’ve beaten or lost to

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Don’t get this one either … the league table doesn’t know who you’ve beaten or lost to

It was a genuine question actually :)

I agree with you. But it’s a feeling that we need to be winning these sort of games, that’s it.

Also feel it’s a measure of a great team. The almost quadruple season we really struggled to beat the top teams except City in the FA Cup. Cost us eventually.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
Very good that we have a few coming back so we have some kind of firepower from the bench. Bringing on Elliot/Szobo and Gakpo late on if we are chasing a goal or are going for the win is a very good asset.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Hope Oliver is strong today.

Rodri is normally allowed to commit at least 5 bookable offences against us.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will of course TDK it but as its Mothering Sunday not gonna see this till tomara.

Gonna be comms thread for me!

Have fun guys!

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan

I agree with you. But it’s a feeling that we need to be winning these sort of games, that’s it.
Mathematically, we don't have to win but if we're serious about winning the league then winning today and against Brighton will give us a very good platform.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Also feel it’s a measure of a great team. The almost quadruple season we really struggled to beat the top teams except City in the FA Cup. Cost us eventually.

I guess it’s happened … dunno… wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was a a draw and city arsenal was a draw … then 2 or the possible 3 winners wouldn’t have a win over their opponents !

It’s an interesting year - the top 3 have  a a huge gulf in level over all the other teams in the league

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

He should have been sent off last season. Stops a counterattack, yellow. Stop another attack the exact same fucking way a minute later and the ref doesn't give the yellow. The ref bottled it the c*nt.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
He should be sent off in every game he plays. Stops a counterattack, yellow. Stop another attack the exact same fucking way a minute later and the ref doesn't give the yellow. The ref bottled it the c*nt.

Fixed it for you!  ;)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City
Gomez ‘90+10

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers

They didn’t beat us in 21/22 when they won it

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I believe we need a buffer. There are too many games and some tricky aways we have to face and I dont think we are winning every game.

Once City are done with this game they have one tricky away at Spurs but bar that they have a favourable fixture list. I dont really want a must win every game sprint to the line.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
How come all the games haev changed times now? 3:45?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
How come all the games haev changed times now? 3:45?

Police advice.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
Let's see if he's on the walk this morning.

Anyone know where we’ll get details of the walk to see who was there - I only ever see the videos of these posted a day or so after. My guess having watched the Sparta game back is Konate has done his hamstring and won’t be in the squad but would love to be wrong
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One things certain.

If we win, there’ll be a huge city manufactured controversy to divert attention away from the fact we won.

Noisy anfield, a strong ref and a bit of luck please….

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know where we’ll get details of the walk to see who was there - I only ever see the videos of these posted a day or so after. My guess having watched the Sparta game back is Konate has done his hamstring and won’t be in the squad but would love to be wrong

Usually someone posts it on twitter usually around this time.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I believe we need a buffer. There are too many games and some tricky aways we have to face and I dont think we are winning every game.

Once City are done with this game they have one tricky away at Spurs but bar that they have a favourable fixture list. I dont really want a must win every game sprint to the line.
If we beat City today then there's huge on them to beat Arsenal. If they lose that, they are all but out of the race because it's difficult to make up ground on two teams especially when you've already played them twice.

Because of that pressure, I don't see them losing to Arsenal if we beat them. If they don't lose and we beat Brighton, we'll be 2 games ahead of both teams (means we can afford to slip up in one game).

We have the chance to take things into our own hands. Given this context, this is a must-win from a psychological POV.

Also, regardless of today's result, every single game is a must-win either to keep things in our hands/maintain or extend our advantage/avoid falling behind.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:20:00 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
Fuming about the 3 points we were robbed of at Spurs. Not 1 point 3 points! I have never watched such a weird game from the refs. Such fine margins in these title battles and if we win despite that I want Klopp to call it out and make sure English refs don’t get a sniff internationally.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It will make me day to see City get thumped 5-0 and Pep sat in the dugout bubbling his eyes out, the insufferable gobshite!

Offline Kenrick_66

• Main Stander

Man U in their treble season lost 3-0 at Arsenal and drew 1-1 at home.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
It will make me day to see City get thumped 5-0 and Pep sat in the dugout bubbling his eyes out, the insufferable gobshite!

Amen to that, Paul  :thumbup

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Reckon Dom starts this with Mo on the bench.  Will be a real test for them because they're not playing with the same level of intensity as we are right now, might struggle with that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
Also feel like even though it is far from a must-win mathmatically, we do need to win this if even to keep the pressure on Arsenal. I can't  imagine how enjoyable the City-Arsenal would be to watch if we win today.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Twitter rumour has Gomez LB and Quansah at CB…personally think Gomez was always gonna be LB with Robbo playing the full 90 during the week.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
I'm on edge with this Konate situation.  Logic tells you he cant be fit but I'm still hoping  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Twitter rumour has Gomez LB and Quansah at CB…personally think Gomez was always gonna be LB with Robbo playing the full 90 during the week.

No Konate then.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Not stressed by that at all, you'd wonder why Robbo or Tsimikas misses out though

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Twitter rumour has Gomez LB and Quansah at CB

That's the back 4 I thought we'd see

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Similar rumour that Dom, Nunez and Mo start.

Personally, I would be surprised not to play a natural LB.

Side was wrong on Thursday so let’s wait and see.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:26:16 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

I was thinking that on Thursday when Endo got away with the most obvious yellow card tackle you'll see (when he rugby tackled their player after he got caught on the wrong side).  Rodri is the only player in the Premier League that would get away with such a tackle domestically.

I've been pessimistic ahead of every game since Brentford as we're lacking in options but they keep proving me wrong.  Nevertheless, I'll be pessimistic again  ::)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Rumours both sound plausible but just rumours for now
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Similar rumour that Dom, Nunez and Mo start.
So put it all together and it’s:

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Gomez

Mac
Endo
Slobbo

Diaz
Nunez
Mo
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
It isn’t ’must win’ but them having Arsenal next game in the league does make it huge if we do. Win this and then our next two league games (both at home) and we’re suddenly looking very strong