Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 18005 times)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
;D

I have a good hipster lined up lads.  8)

Pretty sure I know who it is  ;)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, I can't do that again to my mate George.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't Newcastle fall apart, losing a 12 point lead, once they signed Asprilla?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Weren't you less of a c*nt 5 minutes ago?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Weren't you less of a c*nt 5 minutes ago?

;D Nope, you must have me confused with someone else.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
No love for the greatest non ginger super sub in our rich history? Shame on you all.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No love for the greatest non ginger super sub in our rich history? Shame on you all.

I completely forgot about him  :-X

Great choice of pic, though to be honest, it was only ever going to be that one :P

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Love it, Samie  :D  One of my favourite footballer names ever. So satisfying to say.

Vinnie Jones fits in perfectly with Draex's team of cloggers too. Perfect pick  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Love it, Samie  :D  One of my favourite footballer names ever. So satisfying to say.

Vinnie Jones fits in perfectly with Draex's team of cloggers too. Perfect pick  ;D

An original Grock!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
So is it hipsters subs you want? Why the fuck didn't you say? Also, is it still one player per nationality?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Should have used this picture Las:

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Should have used this picture Las:

Haha, poor Robbie. At least he didn't have his name tainted, next to that of a sex pest and an overrated Botox whore.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
So is it hipsters subs you want? Why the fuck didn't you say? Also, is it still one player per nationality?

It's whatever you want to do. There's no requirements for the player type beyond picking one defender, one midfielder, and one forward. And yes, one per nation rules still apply.

All rules are here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355113.msg19164576#msg19164576

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thank fuck there's electronic boards nowadays.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's whatever you want to do. There's no requirements for the player type beyond picking one defender, one midfielder, and one forward. And yes, one per nation rules still apply.

All rules are here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355113.msg19164576#msg19164576

Cheers BB. Well. I've got my hipster in. Made up Sane is down as midfield

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Cheers BB. Well. I've got my hipster in. Made up Sane is down as midfield

Titi! What a legend  :D

I was very surprised Sane went unpicked in the main draft too.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Both my subs more than happy to come off the bench and score in a Champions League final. They’ll find this draft a doddle.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My go?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep, were you not PMed?

No, just got in though, so will post now, 2 mins.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yep, were you not PMed?

Was going to PM at the very end of my two hour window.

Gamesmanship.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Completely forgot Berkovic existed, but I remember him being a really classy player.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Completely forgot Berkovic existed, but I remember him being a really classy player.

Anyone picked Hartson?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sideshow Bob? Come on LSR!  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Titi! What a legend  :D

I was very surprised Sane went unpicked in the main draft too.

Always made me smile watching him play. Like a kid in the playground. Legend indeed. I just couldn't get him in my team once I had the magician and Modric in

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sideshow Bob? Come on LSR!  ;D

Lighten up Samuel, we’re having fun here!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I meant use the Sideshow Bob rake gif mate.  ;D

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
I'll make my double pick soon as Robbie said to skip.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Ravanelli, Samba, Sissoko

Game changing subs there
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Game changing subs there

Cherno Samba? Very hipster.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd

Game changing subs there

I’ve already picked Momo
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
I’ve already picked Momo

Is the list not up to date?

That’s it, I’m breaking the rules
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
Hazell’s busy so told me to crack on.

Finished side is:

Subs: Steve Staunton , Momo Sissoko , Edin Dzeko

Overview below of time in the league:

Ederson: Best keeper with his feet the league’s seen. Falls short of the Alisson on most other areas but he’s still a brilliant keeper and has been crucial to Man City’s style of play as they’ve dominated the league.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups , 4 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years, 3 Golden Gloves

Branislav Ivanovic: Physical specimen of a defender, able to play in different positions whilst being part of some great defences contributing at the top end of the pitch with 31 goals and 29 assists in his first six years at Chelsea alone.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 3 FA Cups , 1 League Cup
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years

Antonio Rudiger: All the athletic attributes you could want for a defender, he was key to Chelsea winning the champions league and kept Chelsea competitive during his time with 4 straight top 4 finishes. They’ve dropped of significantly since his departure and looking at their performances with and without him during his time in West London, you can see why his departure may be seen as a large part of their decline.

Trophies: 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 1 FA Cups
Individual: 1 PFA Team of the Year

Frank Leboeuf: A great reader of the game, LeBoeuf was also great with the ball at a time when that was not the norm in the league. Part of a stylish back two who also helped France win the league, playing the entire final together, LeBoeuf would have made a great partner with Rudiger.

Trophies: 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship, 2 FA Cups, 1 League Cup , 1 Cup Winners Cup

Ashley Cole: One of the best left backs in the world throughout his career, part of two great sides at Arsenal and Chelsea, he was a top level consistent performer, Ashley Cole is an all time great, even if he’s despised by many. Brilliant at getting forward and contributing, whilst being solid at the back, he was textbook for the position.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 7 FA Cups, 1 League Cup
Individual: 4 PFA Team of the Years

Rodri: The Best DM in the world at the moment, Rodri is able to win the ball and make passes at an exceptional level, and is a crucial member of a City side that has dominated in recent years.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups
Individual: 1 PFA Team of the Year

Kevin De Bruyne: One of the best midfielders in Premier League history, De Bruyne has been the best playmaker in the league for several years in a row, racking up a record number of assists in a season.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups, 5 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Player of the Year awards, 5 PFA Team of the Years, 3 Most Assist Awards

Bernardo Silva: A great technical player with a hell of an engine on him, able to play in several positions, he is a key cog in the Man City machine, who’s as good as he is despicable, which is saying something.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years

Dirk Kuyt: The Man for the big Occasion, Dirk was the scorer of many crucial goals in big games including a hattrick against United. His industry, selflessness and goal scoring made him a crowd favourite for Liverpool but also for Holland where he compiled over a 100 caps helping them reach the World Cup Final racking up the most assists in that World Cup.

Trophies: 1 League Cup

Maxi Rodriguez: A little Argentinian magician whose skill was matched by his work rate. A fan favourite whilst he was at Liverpool, his flexibility made him a key cog in a side that he added some much needed quality too.

Trophies: 1 League Cup

Erling Haaland: A goal-scoring machine, built to break records. In his only full season in the league to date he broke numerous records including the most goals in a Premier League season. Whilst his style isn’t inspiring it’s devastatingly effective.

Trophies: 1 Premier League, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup
Individual: 1 Golden Boot, 1 PFA Player of the Year, 1 PFA Team of the Year

Subs:

Steve Staunton: A flexible defender able to play across the back four and in midfield at a push, even playing in goal for Liverpool once. He was a classy operator whose work-rate won him many plaudits. His best days at Liverpool came before football existed but even in the Premier League era he played a big role at winning Aston Villa’s last major honours to date.

Trophies: 2 League Cups (Before Football: 1 League, 1 FA Cup)

Momo Sissoko: A great defensive midfielder who can tackle and pass at a high level, his speed and work rate allowed him to lay a base for those in front of him to concentrate on creating. Unlucky with injury, his career didn’t reach the heights it threatened to in England, but he rebuilt is career abroad staying at a top level for near enough a decade across four countries.

Trophies: 1 FA Cup

Edin Dzeko: A strong, target man who was surprisingly quick as well. His top level was border line world class, and his ability to assist and score was crucial to Man City during their early years of success, also going on to score bucket loads in Italy.

Trophies: 2 Premier Leagues, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup

How’d they play:

The team is built on skill and industry, with a back able to provide a solid foundation for the technicians further up the pitch who in turn will defend from the front. A technically outstanding side, they’ll look to dominate the ball and supply Haaland to ruthlessly finish off attacks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:57:11 pm by mikey_LFC »
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Lovren has been pick, Chaks!

Is the list not up to date?

That’s it, I’m breaking the rules

Sorry, just updating the list now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Lovren has been pick, Chaks!

Sorry, just updating the list now.

Ah crap, i'll find someone else.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Some excellent picks this morning. Too many to mention. But especially Ali Dia  :D

I was very surprised Jota didn't go in the main draft though.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good side Robbie. Very few weaknesses besides being terrible husbands and fear of flying.