Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 4th-6th November  (Read 38730 times)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League fixtures 4th-6th November
« Reply #2160 on: November 6, 2023, 11:02:07 pm »
But it didn't pay off though. You also played a shite Chelsea side. Had you been down to 9 against us it would be a fuckin' massacre.

It didn't pay off, no. But there's a good chance sitting back probably wouldn't have either. After years of dire negative football under Mourinho, Conte and Nuno I think any Spurs fan would prefer to see us play like this. Sometimes it won't work but it'll be entertaining at least haha

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: November 6, 2023, 11:02:17 pm »
Where I'd agree is the amount of time taken. The Dier offside goal was ridiculous. It was immediately pretty clear as soon as we saw first high angle slow, that he was off. But they took what seemed like about five minutes to figure that out.

Overall though, the point stands that Spurs have zero to complain about, so acting like Ange is showing "class" Is overblown bollocks. Just wait and hear what he says when they actually get even 50% of the bad luck we've had.

they tried to "find" lines to make it onside.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2162 on: November 6, 2023, 11:02:55 pm »
Why do they want to do this?

The under achievers coming good ? Its better than nothing and just City again. The media love a story

But tonight theyre definitely seeing things in Spurs that simply arent there. It was idiotic tactics
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: November 6, 2023, 11:05:22 pm »

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2164 on: November 6, 2023, 11:07:04 pm »
Don't see the problem with that. It very nearly paid off! We created 3 or 4 great chances with 9 men. Sod sitting back and hoping we can hang on for a point!  Chelsea looked very vulnerable

The only reason it nearly paid off in the end, is because Chelsea were absolutely unbelievably bad. A semi-competent top half team would've buried Spurs between 45-75. The tactics were absolutely suicidal and the game should've been well and truly over before Spurs had any late push. On most other days against most other good sides, it's at least 4-1 by 75 minutes if you play like that. Chelsea putting in probably the worst, stupidest, sloppiest, most wasteful showing you'll ever see against nine men is not a reason to praise anything.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: November 6, 2023, 11:07:16 pm »

Hey I know, lets play on the halfway line with 9 men mates!!

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: November 6, 2023, 11:07:51 pm »

are the Arsenal fans whinging yet that they should be in 3rd not us, coz it's supposed to be alphabetical?  :)

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: November 6, 2023, 11:08:01 pm »
Fat Ange’s accent annoys me. This isnt Aussie rules, mate.

Bit unnecessary. Criticise him for playing this faux-gracious persona, but probably not ideal to let casual xenophobia creep in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2168 on: November 6, 2023, 11:08:30 pm »

Hey I know, lets play on the halfway line with 9 men mates!!

Lewis Donk.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: November 6, 2023, 11:08:35 pm »
Nicolas Jackson scored 3 goals against Spurs, but still underperformed his xG (3.37).

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1721652850042761510

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: November 6, 2023, 11:08:48 pm »
https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/1721632155875377351

Things you can rely on

1. pizza
2. Spurs falling apart

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #2171 on: November 6, 2023, 11:09:39 pm »
Good one from Sturridge there- something along the lines of

‘Look at city they brought in Haaland and moved to more creating wingers rather than goal scoring wingers’

‘Then you look at Utd they brought in Hojland and they’ve got goal scoring wingers on one side and Antony’

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2172 on: November 6, 2023, 11:11:28 pm »

We’re the highest scoring team in third place. Good going that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: November 6, 2023, 11:11:39 pm »
Bit unnecessary. Criticise him for playing this faux-gracious persona, but probably not ideal to let casual xenophobia creep in.

I generally agree, but Ange uses the Australian "mate" shite (in Ireland, I'd call it "Blarney") to earn bullshit likeability points too. To at least some extent, it's calculated, so I understand it grating on people too.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: November 6, 2023, 11:13:30 pm »
Don't see the problem with that. It very nearly paid off! We created 3 or 4 great chances with 9 men. Sod sitting back and hoping we can hang on for a point!  Chelsea looked very vulnerable

Tommy...

I know its your team but fuck me come off it. The major take away from that game is how absolutely abysmal Chelseas attack is.

If youd sat in and sent them wide like we did to you they wouldve been there all night and the following week and not scored. You literally had to spoon feed them the goals they scored with 9 and they shouldve been at 1-4 around 80th minute

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2175 on: November 6, 2023, 11:13:35 pm »
are the Arsenal fans whinging yet that they should be in 3rd not us, coz it's supposed to be alphabetical?  :)
goals scored so fuck em
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2176 on: November 6, 2023, 11:14:12 pm »
Why do they want to do this?

Spurs have always been the media’s London pet team going back to the days of Kenneth Wolstenholme.

Despite not winning the League for sixty years.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2177 on: November 6, 2023, 11:15:48 pm »
Love Sturridge. Comes across really well.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: November 6, 2023, 11:16:57 pm »
Yeah, enjoying this
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: November 6, 2023, 11:16:57 pm »

Being annoyed by an accent is xenophobic?

Jesus Christ, Im Hitler then

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2180 on: November 6, 2023, 11:16:59 pm »
Love Sturridge. Comes across really well.
yeah he's brilliant, a breath of fresh air
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2181 on: November 6, 2023, 11:17:34 pm »
I know its your team but fuck me come off it. The major take away from that game is how absolutely abysmal Chelseas attack is.
I’m guessing in Tommy’s opinion, Chelsea’s attack being useless factors in to the decision of trying to play as normal.

You wouldn’t try and attack City with nine men. You would try and attack Sheffield United with nine men. Where do Chelsea fall on that scale? Given their season so far, it’s not that clear.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: November 6, 2023, 11:18:55 pm »
He's not far wrong there as if you like watching 12 minutes of VAR. reviews in the first half then expect more of the same. Also refs and linesmen no longer make a decision as virtually rely on someone yelling into their earpiece if that was a foul, offside or red card. Can't even celebrate a goal these days as you know it's going to be reviewed. Imagine how many goals will be ruled out that would have been given ten years ago. It's really a load of tosh.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's a fat fucking liberty for him to talk about "just wanting to get on with the football mate" given the amount of simulation his Spurs side engage in. I suspect there was also an element of "well I can't criticise the red card decisions, that were wrong but only in the sense that both players should have already been sent off, but I'll still spend my entire post-match moaning about the use of VAR to detract from a hearty loss". Of course, neither the Romero red card nor the penalty were awareded in real time, much like the Diaz goal was ruled out by the on-field officials, so no wonder Ange would like to just default to the on-field decision...

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: November 6, 2023, 11:19:03 pm »

If they do they can fuck off. We literally have a point less than we should have and Spurs 2pts more than they should

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: November 6, 2023, 11:19:43 pm »
You guys sound incredibly bitter jeez

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: November 6, 2023, 11:20:01 pm »
goals scored so fuck em
I know, but won't stop them complaining  :)

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: November 6, 2023, 11:20:07 pm »

I think the implication that he shouldn't be involved in football because he's Australian is what's most off putting about the post. It feels like a very Keys and Gray perspective.

I also might be reacting a little sensitively because my wife is Australian to be fair  ;D and her accent regularly annoys me.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2023, 11:23:35 pm by Avens »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2187 on: November 6, 2023, 11:20:46 pm »
The narrative that Ange/Spurs fans should be proud of that performance is genuinely unhinged. Like completely divorced of reality. Spurs committed 4 red card offences and shipped four goals at home to honestly one of the worst teams in the league. No-one gave us our flowers for the most narrow of 2-1 defeats, away from home, with last minute OG having conceded next to no chances cos they were too busy wanking off Spurs but they concede a hatful of easy, easy goals and Chelsea miss 3-4 sitters and it's Ange's plucky boys? If Chelsea were not littered with braindead footballers, that would have been 6 or 7.

On the evidence of this game, Chelsea are in for a world of pain - City, Newcastle, Brighton, Utd, then Everton away could genuinely yield 1 or 2 points if they're lucky based on that performance. They are such a poorly coached side, with no identity and (unsurprisingly) no cohesion. A bunch of young lads with zero footballing intelligence and scarcely more talent.

Spurs are in such an undeserved position, but let's see how they cope with 3/4 of their back line missing at the weekend (they're incredibly lucky Udogie only has a one match ban and not 3, another farcical refereeing decision going their way). They've got a tricky run of 5 now too - missing their two CBs for three of them (and presumably longer for VDV). Wonder if Ange sticks with that high line without him. They ain't shit though, and now that the bullshit aura has been broken, I could see them dropping out of the top four over the coming weeks.

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: November 6, 2023, 11:21:50 pm »
I’m guessing in Tommy’s opinion, Chelsea’s attack being useless factors in to the decision of trying to play as normal.

You wouldn’t try and attack City with nine men. You would try and attack Sheffield United with nine men. Where do Chelsea fall on that scale? Given their season so far, it’s not that clear.

I mean..it was 1-4 you know :D

Its ok getting forward and trying to get free kicks

But I think you go all the way down to Torquay United defending on the halfway with 9 men.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: November 6, 2023, 11:23:42 pm »
I think the implication that he shouldn't be involved in football because he's Australian is what's most off putting about the post. It feels like a very Keys and Gray perspective.

I also might be reacting a little sensitively because my wife is Australian to be fair  ;D
Have you still got your wallet?

*Flight of the conchords gag* ;D

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: November 6, 2023, 11:26:06 pm »

I also might be reacting a little sensitively because my wife is Australian to be fair  ;D

No ones suggesting that I dont think

Hes defo spreading on the down to earth aussie shtick with a ladel

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: November 6, 2023, 11:31:32 pm »
The narrative that Ange/Spurs fans should be proud of that performance is genuinely unhinged. Like completely divorced of reality. Spurs committed 4 red card offences and shipped four goals at home to honestly one of the worst teams in the league. No-one gave us our flowers for the most narrow of 2-1 defeats, away from home, with last minute OG having conceded next to no chances cos they were too busy wanking off Spurs but they concede a hatful of easy, easy goals and Chelsea miss 3-4 sitters and it's Ange's plucky boys? If Chelsea were not littered with braindead footballers, that would have been 6 or 7.

On the evidence of this game, Chelsea are in for a world of pain - City, Newcastle, Brighton, Utd, then Everton away could genuinely yield 1 or 2 points if they're lucky based on that performance. They are such a poorly coached side, with no identity and (unsurprisingly) no cohesion. A bunch of young lads with zero footballing intelligence and scarcely more talent.

Spurs are in such an undeserved position, but let's see how they cope with 3/4 of their back line missing at the weekend (they're incredibly lucky Udogie only has a one match ban and not 3, another farcical refereeing decision going their way). They've got a tricky run of 5 now too - missing their two CBs for three of them (and presumably longer for VDV). Wonder if Ange sticks with that high line without him. They ain't shit though, and now that the bullshit aura has been broken, I could see them dropping out of the top four over the coming weeks.

I think they’ll be ok personally.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2192 on: November 6, 2023, 11:31:46 pm »

With your shit Australian accent
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: November 6, 2023, 11:32:36 pm »

Imagine how proud you would be if you were down to 9 men and say you scored a goal which was wrongly not given and conceded in the 96th minute to an own goal

But yeah, losing 1-4 playing playground tactics v the worst chelsea team in 20 years is also pride filling aswell. Definitely better

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2194 on: November 6, 2023, 11:34:26 pm »
Have to say this thead was a joy to read today :)

Didn't watch the game but lived it ball by ball and red card by red card via this thread. Now looking for extended highlights with all the juicy goodness in
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2195 on: November 6, 2023, 11:34:42 pm »

Well according to his manager, mate, that's just the way they are, mate. At least while he's there, mate. Even if they're down to 5 men, mate.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: November 6, 2023, 11:36:27 pm »
Have you still got your wallet?

*Flight of the conchords gag* ;D

;D blast from the past, that. Metaphorically speaking, no I do not  ;D

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: November 6, 2023, 11:38:42 pm »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: November 6, 2023, 11:46:44 pm »
Have to say this thead was a joy to read today :)

Didn't watch the game mate but lived it ball by ball and red card by red card via this thread. Now looking for extended highlights with all the juicy goodness in

You simply HAD to put a 'mate' on the end of that. Missed opprtunity I feel

Jurgen Klopp

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2199 on: November 6, 2023, 11:50:34 pm »
Imagine how proud you would be if you were down to 9 men and say you scored a goal which was wrongly not given and conceded in the 96th minute to an own goal

But yeah, losing 1-4 playing playground tactics v the worst chelsea team in 20 years is also pride filling aswell. Definitely better
It’s still hard to be anything other than enraged by that Spurs game, but the reaction to it is really one of the biggest complements we could get. The fact it was treated as a real scalp for Spurs I mean. It says a lot about how teams view us.

Similarly, the way this result is being portrayed as heroic is actually something that might harm Spurs. It’s certainly suggestive of a small club mentality.