Author Topic: UK General Election - CLACTON  (Read 132642 times)

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #2440 on: May 25, 2024, 11:27:32 pm »
I think Sunak's just going through the list of 'what desperate schemes might make our base actually bother to turn out and vote, therefore avoiding complete wipeout.'

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: May 25, 2024, 11:28:47 pm »
I'm not completely opposed to the concept, especially given the situation with Russia. What pisses me off is what I said earlier - the Tories have decimated the military and now Sunak wants to plug the gap with conscripts with basic training, as it'll appeal to the blue rinse brigade who think all teenagers are lazy fucks who need a bit if discipline.

This is the military equivalent of packing schools with teaching assistants rather than actual teachers. He's making it up as he goes along, pulling random ideas out of his skinny arse.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2442 on: May 25, 2024, 11:46:41 pm »
It's a completely batshit policy designed to get voters back from reform but has the potential to scare off more voters than they'd gain back. All in the while giving rich people a financial way out of potentially sending their kids to war! It fucking stinks.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2443 on: May 25, 2024, 11:50:41 pm »
I think Sunak's just going through the list of 'what desperate schemes might make our base actually bother to turn out and vote, therefore avoiding complete wipeout.'
I think he's just trying to come up with policys that will make the Torys look stronger on defence, just try and make defence a issue in the election.  doesn't matter whether voters support it, it's about the shit he can throw at Labour over it, country's in safer hands with the Torys on defence,  he will then slip in the last leadership Starmer supported, we know what comes next.

I doubt if the older generation supports national service, very few alive who did it.
They certainly don't want their G/kids being forced to do it but they will want to hear about Labours plans on defence. just another area the Torys have run down with the Torys trying to ridicule them for having no quick fix.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: May 25, 2024, 11:54:41 pm »
I think he's just trying to come up with policys that will make the Torys look stronger on defence, just try and make defence a issue in the election.  doesn't matter whether voters support it, it's about the shit he can throw at Labour over it, country's in safer hands with the Torys on defence,  he will then slip in the last leadership Starmer supported, we know what comes next.

I doubt if the older generation supports national service, very few alive who did it.
They certainly don't want their G/kids being forced to do it but they will want to hear about Labours plans on defence. just another area the Torys have run down with the Torys trying to ridicule them for having no quick fix.

Doesn't really help him that Corbyn is out there actively campaigning against Starmer's Labour party.  He's taken away one of Sunak's favourite attack lines and done Starmer a massive favour whether he realises it or not.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: May 26, 2024, 12:29:22 am »
Doesn't really help him that Corbyn is out there actively campaigning against Starmer's Labour party.  He's taken away one of Sunak's favourite attack lines and done Starmer a massive favour whether he realises it or not.
Oh yeah, I think Sunaks that out of touch he has to be coached on tactics. the people coaching him have been out of touch for the last few yrs as well so it's bum advice.  it's like every things taken from the Tory MP book for dummies. we've moved on from those days, a lot of those tactics aren't anywhere as powerful today but it's all they know, even Johnson tried it yesterday, Starmers the most dangerous left wing leader since the 70s.
It's like they are telling voters a scary ghost story, woooooo, Labour will destroy everything, taxes through the roof.  it's the end of the world if Labour win,  woooo. Labour will leave us defenceless.
It actually works in the US but I would like to think the UK Public wont fall for it.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: May 26, 2024, 01:07:45 am »
He's appealing to the boomers who bang on about bringing back mandatory service despite never having to do it themselves.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: May 26, 2024, 01:24:28 am »
Surprised Rishi hasn't got round to reimplementing the 'Home Children' scheme to help lift children out of poverty.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2448 on: May 26, 2024, 01:41:33 am »
He's appealing to the boomers who bang on about bringing back mandatory service despite never having to do it themselves.

It’s exactly this, hopefully it backfires badly and just motivates more younger people to register and vote.

A country that’s destroyed your future, given you massive student debts, made it unaffordable to start a family, made owning a home an impossibility, and expects you to work for 50 years before you might get a pension to now sign up for national service so you can fight and possibly die for it…
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: May 26, 2024, 01:57:29 am »

Yup, next will be bring back the death sentence, week after that privatise something, then the week after that let’s leave the EU, they’ve absolutely lost the plot, this is quiet bat people levels of politics.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2450 on: May 26, 2024, 02:29:58 am »
JLP
@JLPartnersPolls
4h
Would you support or oppose compulsory national service for young people?

Support: 42%
Oppose: 34%
Net support: +8

Net support amongst…
18-34 year olds: -3
35-49: -5
50-64: +14
Over-65s: +26

2019 Con: +30
2019 Lab: -7
Reform: +38

2-5 May, 2,001 adults, JLP/@RestIsPolitics

May 25, 2024 · 9:17 PM UTC

https://x.com/JLPartnersPolls/status/1794477906821108048

I wouldn't be surprised if there were still pluralities who support regressive shite like corporal punishment in schools or the death penalty too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 02:33:25 am by TheShanklyGates »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: May 26, 2024, 03:26:19 am »
JLP
@JLPartnersPolls

The 2 (support for conscription & Reform) go hand in hand. They - the boomers - are a joke of a demographic (I'm genearlizing so please don't get defensive Rawk seniors, I'm nearly in it myself). I'd exclude the 80+ pensioners, they lived through the war and rationing and did their National Service, but the boomers in their 60s and 70s that didn't serve, and got all the advantages of free education, full employment, a proper national health service, triple locked pensions, and the ability to work visa free in Europe, and then vote to fuck-over their grandchildren at every opportunity !

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2017/08/yougov-research-brexit-proves-baby-boomers-hate-their-own-children

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: May 26, 2024, 04:27:03 am »
The 2 (support for conscription & Reform) go hand in hand. They - the boomers - are a joke of a demographic (I'm genearlizing so please don't get defensive Rawk seniors, I'm nearly in it myself). I'd exclude the 80+ pensioners, they lived through the war and rationing and did their National Service, but the boomers in their 60s and 70s that didn't serve, and got all the advantages of free education, full employment, a proper national health service, triple locked pensions, and the ability to work visa free in Europe, and then vote to fuck-over their grandchildren at every opportunity !

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2017/08/yougov-research-brexit-proves-baby-boomers-hate-their-own-children

Is right. The weird obsession with a war they didn’t live through, national service they didn’t do and rationing only a few of them caught the very back end of. Shite.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: May 26, 2024, 08:04:17 am »
Is right. The weird obsession with a war they didn’t live through, national service they didn’t do and rationing only a few of them caught the very back end of. Shite.

Bring back corporal punishment next?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2454 on: May 26, 2024, 08:24:21 am »
Had a busy morning yesterday silencing people for 30 days.

About how nasty and evil Starmer is and how you shouldn't vote for him.

Fucking Tory cranks and they think they are 'left'

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. You fucking bellends. Get fucked. If they pop up again with this shite I'll just delete the c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2455 on: May 26, 2024, 08:34:02 am »
Part of the reason why our military is as good/effective as it is (despite the current governments 14 year effort to make everything more difficult/shit), is because the people in it WANT to be there.
Diluting that with teenagers who are forced to be there isn't going to help or improve it, you'll just end up with the MP rounding up a fuck load of people gone AWOL.

It's a stupid fucking idea.

Yep. My family have been in the army for 600 years+ The other side of my family have all been in the navy.

The reason why our armed services - despite fucking Tory cost-cutting and decimation is because they are the best of the best and they all want to be there to defend our country.

My grandad - who was a desert rat in World War II said this idea was a fucking joke - people that didn't give a shite and didn't want to be there putting the real troops that served their country off - they had to divert their attention trying to look after dickheads.

No surprise that the fucking cowards in the Tory party have no idea about this.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #2456 on: May 26, 2024, 08:41:05 am »
Bring back corporal punishment next?

National Service is certainly one leg of the traditional "Fantasy Tory Manifesto" table that a lot of the worst types would salivate over, and caning in schools would be another. Abolishing inheritance tax is the third (and Hunt has already made some noises about it) along with the death penalty.

The current hypothetical 5th leg of the table is leaving the ECHR of course.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2457 on: May 26, 2024, 08:42:44 am »
The policy is so fucking stupid that it will doubtless see a boost to their polling.

£2.5bn on this shit. Imagine what that could be used for?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: May 26, 2024, 08:44:34 am »
I like the idea of Captain Capon and Corporal Chopper though. I'd go to battle for those two.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2459 on: May 26, 2024, 08:45:44 am »
The policy is so fucking stupid that it will doubtless see a boost to their polling.

Surely it has the opposite impact and makes the younger people vote.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: May 26, 2024, 09:02:17 am »
What's the plan to fill all the jobs that 18 year old students currently do when they can no longer get employed on account of having to miss a weekend every month? Might need to increase immigration for that!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2461 on: May 26, 2024, 09:04:09 am »
Next week, all immigrants to do three years national service.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: May 26, 2024, 09:09:54 am »
JLP
@JLPartnersPolls
4h

Net support amongst…

I wouldn't be surprised if there were still pluralities who support regressive shite like corporal punishment in schools or the death penalty too.

Like I said, as long as the over 65’s are forced to clean public toilets, i would sign up to it if i were 18. Its amazing how easy they have had it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2463 on: May 26, 2024, 09:13:44 am »
What's the plan to fill all the jobs that 18 year old students currently do when they can no longer get employed on account of having to miss a weekend every month? Might need to increase immigration for that!

They haven’t got a plan. It’s been designed on the back of a fag packet so the miserable old c*nts vote for it.

Cleverly been on the rounds this morning and basically can’t answer the questions.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: May 26, 2024, 09:14:08 am »
These policies smack of a party that knows it's not going to win. As others have said, they seem to be more aimed at mobilising their core vote, so that a disaster doesn't turn into an apocalypse.

Popcorn's Art

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2465 on: May 26, 2024, 09:20:58 am »
You're right nick. They clearly don't have a plan for this.  Talk about giving Starmer an attack line.
Incidentally, he rarely seems to be called Sir Kier in the media, but most knight seem to get their title used. Is this a request by him?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2466 on: May 26, 2024, 09:31:34 am »

It'll likely cost more than £2.5bn as well when you consider the tax burden the country will face taking 18 year olds out of work and into national service. It's an insane unfunded policy

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: May 26, 2024, 09:45:10 am »
They haven’t got a plan. It’s been designed on the back of a fag packet so the miserable old c*nts vote for it.

Cleverly been on the rounds this morning and basically can’t answer the questions.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: May 26, 2024, 09:49:24 am »
It'll likely cost more than £2.5bn as well when you consider the tax burden the country will face taking 18 year olds out of work and into national service. It's an insane unfunded policy

Its almost like they want young people to move overseas, still they know they'll lose and it'll never be enacted so just trying to prevent further damage before Rishi moves to California. Alas I'm having to make do with Illinois for now maybe a warmer state one day.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: May 26, 2024, 09:52:10 am »

This!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2470 on: May 26, 2024, 09:58:07 am »
When Frottage criticises it, you knows it’s shit.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: May 26, 2024, 09:58:43 am »

This daft policy doesn’t just turn off young people, it worries parents who want their kids to have freedom of choice to start work or go to university after school. It’s actually an anti free market policy and one that the likes of Thatcher steered well clear of because they knew it would be seen as the state telling people how to live their lives.

Online Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this was golden...
« Reply #2472 on: May 26, 2024, 10:00:42 am »
Next week, all immigrants to do three years national service.

And then get deported anyway because what have they done for the country...
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: May 26, 2024, 10:02:09 am »
Surprised they haven’t called  "compulsory apprenticeship, teaching valuable skills". ::)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: May 26, 2024, 10:11:04 am »
JLP
@JLPartnersPolls
4h

Net support amongst…

I think the majority of the UK, still support the death penalty  ::)

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: May 26, 2024, 10:16:03 am »
I think the majority of the UK, still support the death penalty  ::)

For myself, only in cases of child abuse/child murder. And even then, only the most exceptional of cases, where a whole panel of judges reviews everything very carefully.

The Tories would happily chuck it around like confetti. They'd probably privatise it too. Hand it over to Group 4.

Popcorn's Art

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2476 on: May 26, 2024, 10:20:56 am »
For myself, only in cases of child abuse/child murder. And even then, only the most exceptional of cases, where a whole panel of judges reviews everything very carefully.

The Tories would happily chuck it around like confetti. They'd probably privatise it too. Hand it over to Group 4.

The death penalty is barbaric for anyone and any civilised society shouldn't have it. That's before you even go into the financial cost of it far outstripping keeping them behind bars for the rest of their lives, tying the legal system up in the various appeals that will happen to stop the death penalty being applied and compensation to the families of the inevitable innocent people that have been killed by the state.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: May 26, 2024, 10:21:46 am »
On the ‘positive’ side of this mandatory conscription for kids.  After Brexit took away their possibility to travel across Europe for work, this policy now restores freedom of movement for the kids.  Get to travel to all sorts of places where wars are happening.  Surely that’s better than being constrained to travel within the EU only?

Don’t forget the sunscreen.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2478 on: May 26, 2024, 10:24:00 am »

Just designed to appeal to the Daily Mail and their old voters.

Just makes me think of that Life of Brian scene: "nail some sense into them". That's the voter they're appealing to.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: May 26, 2024, 10:27:36 am »
JLP
@JLPartnersPolls
4h

Net support amongst…

I’m surprised this polling organisation’s leadership consists of Tories.

https://jlpartners.com/senior-team