Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 70567 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #1240 on: May 21, 2024, 04:20:00 pm »
What a fall.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1241 on: May 21, 2024, 05:27:44 pm »
Went to Saudi for the money. Left early, so made no money.

Went to a shit league in Europe to fight for his England place and lost his England place.

He has prematurely ended his top level career and completely destroyed his reputation and legacy for zero benefit whatsoever. Hell of a year he's had and he only has himself to blame.

And if his ego really is all that, he'll be thinking he could have made the difference to us winning the league. Regardless, if he stays he'd have played most games as long as he was performing (look at Endo who we wouldn't have signed if he stayed) and then there's no question Southgate picks him

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: May 21, 2024, 05:30:56 pm »
Not been advised well as he.

His ego wouldn't allow him to a bit part player, why would did not go to someone like a Palace, Brentford or a Bournemouth where he could start every week.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1243 on: May 21, 2024, 06:35:58 pm »
International retirement announcement incoming?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: May 21, 2024, 06:37:42 pm »
International retirement announcement incoming?

thought Southgate had already done that today?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: May 21, 2024, 07:06:51 pm »
thought Southgate had already done that today?
Yeah I guess, but I'm sure he'll want to make some big announcement to massage his ego.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: May 21, 2024, 08:25:14 pm »
To my mind, Hendersons next move is player manager somewhere in the lower leagues. I don’t see him at as a squad player in a middling Premier League club, nor in MLS even if both are probably his level now.
Justice for the 96!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: May 21, 2024, 08:29:20 pm »
Yeah I guess, but I'm sure he'll want to make some big announcement to massage his ego.

He's a knobhead, but for his sake I hopre he doesn't announce it, just quietly fucks off and spares himself this reaction

Jurgen YNWA

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1248 on: May 21, 2024, 08:49:23 pm »
Go back to Sunderland for a year on a low wage and attempt to rebuild that reputation, although I’d argue the damage is probably done now. What a waste of a year for the lad.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: May 21, 2024, 09:08:53 pm »
The sad part for Jordan is, given the injury crisis we had in midfield at parts this season, he'd have probably gotten a lot more minutes on the pitch this season than had initially been promised last summer.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: May 21, 2024, 09:40:32 pm »
He's a knobhead, but for his sake I hopre he doesn't announce it, just quietly fucks off and spares himself this reaction

Couldn't agree more.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1251 on: May 21, 2024, 10:01:54 pm »
A lot of bitterness in here towards one of our most successful captains. 

He didn't want to sit on the bench and left. I have no issues with that whatsoever.

I don't agree with where he went. He made a decision and it was totally the wrong one. I'm sure it's a decision he'll regret for the rest of his life.

But people are acting like he fucked us over or something? Almost revelling in the fact it's gone tits up for him because he didn't want to be a bit part player at 32/33 years old.

He was a model professional and a brilliant captain that won the fuckin lot at the heart of arguably the best Liverpool team we've seen.

I don't get why anyone wouldn't want him to do well or find peace at another club now.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: May 21, 2024, 10:15:58 pm »
The sad part for Jordan is, given the injury crisis we had in midfield at parts this season, he'd have probably gotten a lot more minutes on the pitch this season than had initially been promised last summer.
At the expense of some the young lads who stepped up? No thanks.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: May 21, 2024, 10:22:23 pm »
A lot of bitterness in here towards one of our most successful captains. 

He didn't want to sit on the bench and left. I have no issues with that whatsoever.

I don't agree with where he went. He made a decision and it was totally the wrong one. I'm sure it's a decision he'll regret for the rest of his life.

But people are acting like he fucked us over or something? Almost revelling in the fact it's gone tits up for him because he didn't want to be a bit part player at 32/33 years old.

He was a model professional and a brilliant captain that won the fuckin lot at the heart of arguably the best Liverpool team we've seen.

I don't get why anyone wouldn't want him to do well or find peace at another club now.

Read back through the last 12 months, its got fuck all to do with him leaving the club, its where he went and how he shit on the LGBTQ+ community that created the animosity towards him, then the absolute shite he came out with the try to justify him being a money grabbing bastard. Plus, the fucking Saudis then tried to drag LFC into it, with their ripping off our imagery, like we back that state. If he'd have chosen to go somewhere other than a despotic state, no-one would have had a bad word to say about him. Gerrard burned his bridges with a lot on here too when he took the Saudi blood money.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1254 on: May 21, 2024, 10:46:28 pm »
Read back through the last 12 months, its got fuck all to do with him leaving the club, its where he went and how he shit on the LGBTQ+ community that created the animosity towards him, then the absolute shite he came out with the try to justify him being a money grabbing bastard. Plus, the fucking Saudis then tried to drag LFC into it, with their ripping off our imagery, like we back that state. If he'd have chosen to go somewhere other than a despotic state, no-one would have had a bad word to say about him. Gerrard burned his bridges with a lot on here too when he took the Saudi blood money.

I don't need to read back over the last 12 months as I know what he did & said. As I said, I dont agree with where he went and I think he'll also regret it for the rest of his life.

But I really don't think that mistake tarnishes the career he had with us and what he achieved for us as a player and captain. Anfield didnt seem to think so on Sunday as we sang his name.

He's been absolutely hammered by everyone in the country for the last 12 months for every decision he's made, whether it's leaving Liverpool, joining the Saudi League, leaving the Saudi League, joining Ajax, underperforming at Ajax, being selected for England friendlies and no doubt this now allows everyone to  jump back on the bandwagon to stick the knife in again.

The lad made a mistake. Let it go. "You'll Never Walk Alone" are not just words in a song.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: May 21, 2024, 11:20:49 pm »
The irony is that by forfeiting a few million quid's salary just to get out of his self-made hell, he may have done a better job dismantling the sportswashing project than any activist.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #1256 on: May 22, 2024, 05:49:26 am »
Should just go to Sunderland and try to help them get into the league.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1257 on: May 22, 2024, 08:14:47 am »

I agree he deserves to be remembered well here for all he was part of

But he did dig his own grave in the whole situation, he spoke out loads in support of LGBTQ but when it suited him he was quite happy to stab then in the back and take the blood money, very hypocritical

Anyway, Rinse and repeat
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: May 22, 2024, 10:20:42 am »
I don't need to read back over the last 12 months as I know what he did & said. As I said, I dont agree with where he went and I think he'll also regret it for the rest of his life.

But I really don't think that mistake tarnishes the career he had with us and what he achieved for us as a player and captain. Anfield didnt seem to think so on Sunday as we sang his name.

He's been absolutely hammered by everyone in the country for the last 12 months for every decision he's made, whether it's leaving Liverpool, joining the Saudi League, leaving the Saudi League, joining Ajax, underperforming at Ajax, being selected for England friendlies and no doubt this now allows everyone to  jump back on the bandwagon to stick the knife in again.

The lad made a mistake. Let it go. "You'll Never Walk Alone" are not just words in a song.

I'll never forget or belittle his achievements, what he did and what he won, but no interest in him now for what he did by going to Saudi. He made the decision to "Walk Alone", so fuck him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #1259 on: May 22, 2024, 11:45:52 am »
I'll never forget or belittle his achievements, what he did and what he won, but no interest in him now for what he did by going to Saudi. He made the decision to "Walk Alone", so fuck him.
100% Spot on.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: May 22, 2024, 12:24:14 pm »
He has not been included in the provisional squad for euro 2024 any of Klopp's farewell.

Quite the fall
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: May 22, 2024, 02:51:52 pm »
If he had waited one more season he's have had a proper send off with Klopp, Matip, Thiago, won a trophy, maybe even made the England squad...

How he didn't see the inevitable poor decision in front of him is staggering really.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1262 on: May 22, 2024, 02:53:23 pm »

Spot on, as ever.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1263 on: May 22, 2024, 03:54:18 pm »
I can't lie, I genuinely feel bad for him. I hated what he did, but it was still beyond sad to see him leaving Liverpool out the back. No send off, no fare well from the fans in front of the Kop. After everything he achieved, he just slinked away while no one was looking. And now hearing Jamie Carragher talking on the Overlap, about how Hendo was not in the right frame of mind to be included in the Klopp send off... I take no pleasure at all in his downfall, as others on here seem to. It's just sad. I feel sad for him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 04:38:16 pm by Elliemental »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: May 22, 2024, 04:15:42 pm »
Right frame of mind? As far as I can tell from the Carragher stuff, he was feeling bruised by a rough encounter with a Dutch journalist who asked him some hard questions about his form, and 'didn't want to do any press.' I think a bigger man would put that aside in order to contribute to Klopp's tribute. He wasn't going to be asked about himself, he was going to be asked about Klopp, as must have been quite clear. The man is a morality midget.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: May 22, 2024, 04:21:37 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: May 22, 2024, 06:16:17 pm »

He would have played a lot anyway but he couldn't accept the idea he might sit on the bench at times. It was the same thing with Gerrard but that was under Rodgers anyway and a struggling team. Maybe Henderson didn't back us to challenge as well after how the previous season went. Surely he'd have been prepared to be more of a squad player for a team pushing hard for the league title most of the season and challenging on all fronts.

A peak Henderson would have been worth his weight in gold to us this season but his legs had gone and his numbers had dropped off a cliff. How he could see his arse at being dropped when he was last season the way he was playing.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: May 22, 2024, 06:27:17 pm »

He's also really lobbied hard to Henderson to go out there and play for him which didn't help. He wouldn't have had the offer otherwise, Gerrard really helped sell it to him.

I don't think Henderson is a bad lad. Reading interviews he's done since he left I just think he's really a bit thick. His ego has been his undoing though i'd say as much as greed. Couldn't handle not being considered a key starter going into the season and then that leaves him open to the Saudi cash.

Even though the club wouldn't have got the fee, I don't think anyone would have begrudged him had he gone to Ajax last summer, they'd have wished him well.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: May 23, 2024, 12:15:57 am »
it is pretty strange that he was a good captain, given how poor his personal judgement was and how fragile his ego is. He always came across as down to earth but his actions this last year makes me wonder if he really was leadership material. I suppose the fact that the team is full of international captains probably made his job easier.

I don't hate him, I just think he's a bit thick, childish and self absorbed like a lot of footballers and it's come back to bite him on the arse big time.  Anyhow I prefer to remember the good times, of which, he played a big part.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: May 23, 2024, 07:38:05 am »
it is pretty strange that he was a good captain, given how poor his personal judgement was and how fragile his ego is. He always came across as down to earth but his actions this last year makes me wonder if he really was leadership material. I suppose the fact that the team is full of international captains probably made his job easier.

I don't hate him, I just think he's a bit thick, childish and self absorbed like a lot of footballers and it's come back to bite him on the arse big time.  Anyhow I prefer to remember the good times, of which, he played a big part.

By all accounts he was a top captain but then the lack of leadership last season in the team was seismic, coinciding with his own poor performances and then his sulk at being dropped. I remember quotes about him saying he was struggling to get his head right after the disappointment of the World Cup mid-season which sounded odd at the time.

Before last season he was absolutely vital on the pitch to Klopp's team and midfield. I do think Milner perhaps played a bigger role in setting the standards in the dressing room.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: May 23, 2024, 10:20:24 am »
Right frame of mind? As far as I can tell from the Carragher stuff, he was feeling bruised by a rough encounter with a Dutch journalist who asked him some hard questions about his form, and 'didn't want to do any press.' I think a bigger man would put that aside in order to contribute to Klopp's tribute. He wasn't going to be asked about himself, he was going to be asked about Klopp, as must have been quite clear. The man is a morality midget.
that journalist was a bit of a rude prick, even Klopp said so

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: May 23, 2024, 10:49:16 am »

Absolutely. And while his achievements shouldn’t be revised, his character should. I genuinely thought he was a great guy and loved how he spoke up for marginalised groups like a modern LFC captain should. But, in going to KSA for silly money, an already obscenely rich man (who still had a 200k p/w contact), decided money was more important than anything else he’d ever stood for.

If he’d gone to a team for footballing reasons, like he claimed, I’d have had the utmost of respect for him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: May 23, 2024, 10:55:38 am »
Should have embraced being a mercenary

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: May 23, 2024, 10:59:26 am »
that journalist was a bit of a rude prick, even Klopp said so
Well, get over it - it's not the rude prick you're speaking to, you're taking part in a tribute to the manager who changed your life, not acknowledging/denying how your own form has dropped off a cliff.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: May 23, 2024, 11:04:17 am »
To my mind, Hendersons next move is player manager somewhere in the lower leagues. I don’t see him at as a squad player in a middling Premier League club, nor in MLS even if both are probably his level now.

He's too stupid to be a player/manager. Glad it's all gone tits up for him the lad is morally vacant.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: May 23, 2024, 11:47:10 am »
Well, get over it - it's not the rude prick you're speaking to, you're taking part in a tribute to the manager who changed your life, not acknowledging/denying how your own form has dropped off a cliff.
I never said anything other than the journo being a prick

I am sure he was in touch with Klopp privately

As far as not being there, I  doubt he feels welcome at Anfield right now

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #1276 on: May 29, 2024, 11:33:17 pm »
I think once Henderson went to to play in Saudi Arabia he was consigning his international career to the bin. I admire and appreciate his efforts for Liverpool while here. His achievements as captain can never be taken away from him. It is understandable that we as a fanbase put players up on a pedestal. He did alot for the club and was captain during a time when we returned to the summit of English football on a consistent basis.

At the end of the day he is a human being. He is not the first guy to say one thing and do another. I think he made a monumental mistake going to over to Saudi Arabia. It's a mickey mouse league and unlikely to ever progress to anything beyond that. He wouldn't be the first guy to have his head turned by colossal sums of money. It's clear looking in from the outside that he didn't think through the move properly.

He is back playing at a proper club again with Ajax. So in that sense his footballing career is back on track. However it is safe to say he has done fatal damage to his reputation amongst the Liverpool fanbase and left himself open to being lampooned by other football fans. It's a shame and I expect he regrets it now.

I wonder if he ever decided to do speaking tours after he retires what kind of reception would he get?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1277 on: May 30, 2024, 12:54:17 am »
I think once Henderson went to to play in Saudi Arabia he was consigning his international career to the bin. I admire and appreciate his efforts for Liverpool while here. His achievements as captain can never be taken away from him. It is understandable that we as a fanbase put players up on a pedestal. He did alot for the club and was captain during a time when we returned to the summit of English football on a consistent basis.

At the end of the day he is a human being. He is not the first guy to say one thing and do another. I think he made a monumental mistake going to over to Saudi Arabia. It's a mickey mouse league and unlikely to ever progress to anything beyond that. He wouldn't be the first guy to have his head turned by colossal sums of money. It's clear looking in from the outside that he didn't think through the move properly.

He is back playing at a proper club again with Ajax. So in that sense his footballing career is back on track. However it is safe to say he has done fatal damage to his reputation amongst the Liverpool fanbase and left himself open to being lampooned by other football fans. It's a shame and I expect he regrets it now.

I wonder if he ever decided to do speaking tours after he retires what kind of reception would he get?
A decent one

In Sunderland (albeit he still has time to chase Saudi Money at Beheady Park)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: May 31, 2024, 04:55:51 pm »
If he had waited one more season he's have had a proper send off with Klopp, Matip, Thiago, won a trophy, maybe even made the England squad...

How he didn't see the inevitable poor decision in front of him is staggering really.

Not the sharpest pencil in the box, like many footballers.  He just saw the £ signs and ran.