Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 630330 times)

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9000 on: March 18, 2024, 07:23:26 am »
The lad Mainoo is a fucking player, no question about it. Not that I give a fuck but it'd be laughable if Southgate pick Phillips or Henderson over this lad for the EUROs.
They'll overhype him, give him a fat contract and in 5 years time they'll be an inquest as to why he hasn't pushed on.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #9001 on: March 18, 2024, 07:41:23 am »
I was fuming when he pulled us back for a free kick instead of playing advantage in the second half, we had several running through in great positions and it looked liked he'd realised and then blown up to pull us back.

Just come on here to post that. Yet let them take two free kicks quickly when he wasn’t even looking at the ball. Scored off one and nearly scored off the other. Kelleher took far less time  than their keeper to take goal kicks when they drew level and just how many times can they remonstrate after a decision and go unpunished. Telling the ref to fuck off and throwing their hands in the air.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9002 on: March 18, 2024, 07:53:53 am »
Found that in match commentary very unusual.

Lee Dixon a former Arsenal player who apparently grew up a city fan and it was very pro the filth.

United were "unlucky" with our goals and we got what we deserved.

Lee Dixon grew up in Macclesfield where many of us moved to via Manchester overspill in 1967. He was a decent player as a lad in my old position at right-back but 14 years younger than me. Yep he was a dyed-in-the-wool blue and I'm not having it at all that he favoured United in ANYTHING!!! He played alongside my cousin Paul Power who captained City and who now lives in France. Don't see anything of him anymore.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:13:12 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9003 on: March 18, 2024, 07:58:20 am »
They're keeping Ten Hag after this result which will be a mistake. United really haven't looked great this season and it's not like they started poorly and suddenly have started look amazing. They shouldn't let one game against us where we were complacent/fatigued determine the future of their club which will mean next season will be wasted as well for them
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:04:57 am by Shankly998 »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9004 on: March 18, 2024, 08:18:37 am »
They're keeping Ten Hag after this result which will be a mistake. United really haven't looked great this season and it's not like they started poorly and suddenly have started look amazing. They shouldn't let one game against us where we were complacent/fatigued determine the future of their club which will mean next season will be wasted as well for them

I bloodywell hope not!! He's a mumbling bumbling shocking communicator in English - the very worst Nederlander I've ever come across in my work travels in Europe! Almost every baggage handler I bumped into in Schiphol Airport spoke better English than him!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9005 on: March 18, 2024, 08:40:14 am »
no chance. He's another one they've overhyped. He's supposed to be a midfielder and they look so open every week, he's not a creator, I don't see him as a pure destroyer, what exactly does he do? Can't shoot, can't pass.

He skinned Gomez once today. And apparently it's made him a world beater

Yep he was fucking awful, the hype is bizarre. They looked better as soon as he went off unsurprisingly.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #9006 on: March 18, 2024, 08:57:28 am »
I mean he kicked it into touch twice

Decent little player though

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9007 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:33 am »
Mainoo is a superb talent, i think Garnacho is very good as well, but in truth they should’ve been embarrassed yesterday. From about the 55th minute till the 80th minute,they couldnt get the ball, Liverpool were like prime barca zipping the ball about with confidence. Complacent finishing, overplaying, being too casual, none of the things you normally associate with liverpool. You could see Klopp wasn’t pleased and the commentators mentioned it, because they werent killing the game off, in the end they paid the price, but the difference in quality between the teams was stark.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #9008 on: March 18, 2024, 09:13:03 am »
Lee Dixon grew up in Macclesfield where many of us moved to via Manchester overspill in 1967. He was a decent player as a lad in my old position at right-back but 14 years younger than me. Yep he was a dyed-in-the-wool blue and I'm not having it at all that he favoured United in ANYTHING!!! He played alongside my cousin Paul Power who captained City and who now lives in France. Don't see anything of him anymore.

I just found it very strange. I mean if anything as a City fan and an ex arsenal player I'd assume he'd prefer Liverpool going deep in all competitions.

Maybe he's still pissed about the 2001 FA cup final😀

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9009 on: March 18, 2024, 09:39:10 am »
Absolute bunch of c*nts that club from top to bottom now.

The absolute animals in the stands chanting about dead fans, doing the crushing gestures. Bunch of overrated shite on the pitch, and now owned by a tax dodger trying to sponge tax payer cash.

They’ll lose to Luton or something in a week or two. Entitled grubby scruffy c*nts.

Have Manchester United made any kind of statement about the constant chanting yet? Even Luton managed an, albeit rather mealy mouthed, apology and said they’d take action.

Are this lot actually going to do anything, or are they just happy that there was actually a bit of noise there for once and try to convince people it’s the “great support” of Manchester United fans instead of an example of how sick huge sections of their fanbase are?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9010 on: March 18, 2024, 09:45:01 am »
On the bright side, my 'inbred mutant 6 fingered twatometer' safety bet has bought my new drum kit.

So have that you fucking smelly fucking weird looking c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9011 on: March 18, 2024, 10:12:17 am »
And like clockwork, the 'turning point' articles are out! Got to love it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9012 on: March 18, 2024, 10:19:07 am »
The New Ground plans unveiled

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9013 on: March 18, 2024, 10:31:07 am »
And like clockwork, the 'turning point' articles are out! Got to love it.

Ten Hag in!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9014 on: March 18, 2024, 10:34:41 am »
Seemed like every song they had was to the same tune as one of ours, like their new one that sounds the same as Liverbird Upon My Chest. Did they also have one the same as our Bertie Mee one or was that just the sound travelling from other parts of our end, cos if they did it even had a line about the North Bank, Highbury in it!

Was funny when they played Dirty Old Town before KO as well, and the away end was straight in with Virgil's song.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9015 on: March 18, 2024, 11:29:23 am »
Seemed like every song they had was to the same tune as one of ours, like their new one that sounds the same as Liverbird Upon My Chest. Did they also have one the same as our Bertie Mee one or was that just the sound travelling from other parts of our end, cos if they did it even had a line about the North Bank, Highbury in it!

Was funny when they played Dirty Old Town before KO as well, and the away end was straight in with Virgil's song.

Their Bertie Mee one just starts with Matt Busby rather than Bil Shankly I think. I’ve heard Mancs I know sing it probably over 20 years ago so think that might just be a song we both sing, don’t know who started it.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #9016 on: March 18, 2024, 11:33:20 am »
The irritating thing is that they're always a bunch of game raising twats against us, the odd 7-0 or 0-5 aside, we usually struggle to break them down.

They'll probably lose their next game to Brentford now and back to normal.

No chance of them winning the trophy, they'll get twatted by City in the final. Then again, it's not even a given that they'll get past Coventry.

It's a genuine embarrassment that we lost to this shower yesterday.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9017 on: March 18, 2024, 11:43:24 am »
Mainoo is a superb talent, i think Garnacho is very good as well, but in truth they should’ve been embarrassed yesterday. From about the 55th minute till the 80th minute,they couldnt get the ball, Liverpool were like prime barca zipping the ball about with confidence. Complacent finishing, overplaying, being too casual, none of the things you normally associate with liverpool. You could see Klopp wasn’t pleased and the commentators mentioned it, because they werent killing the game off, in the end they paid the price, but the difference in quality between the teams was stark.

Sums up the second half for me. We were toying with them to such an extent, it was embarrassing. After the 5 on 2 cock-up, I said to my lad that could be a turning point, and it was.
Hopefully, it will be a wake up call for us.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9018 on: March 18, 2024, 11:46:02 am »
Now that they're shit in general - they're so weirdly twisted with hate. Supporting them must be a fucking mission. At least Everton fans have broadly come to terms with the fact they're shit.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9019 on: March 18, 2024, 11:51:16 am »
Now that they're shit in general - they're so weirdly twisted with hate. Supporting them must be a fucking mission. At least Everton fans have broadly come to terms with the fact they're shit.

They haven't. It's also weird how Everton fans love Utd, despite Utd mocking the city at every opportunity. It's bizarre.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9020 on: March 18, 2024, 11:55:19 am »
I just found it very strange. I mean if anything as a City fan and an ex arsenal player I'd assume he'd prefer Liverpool going deep in all competitions.

Maybe he's still pissed about the 2001 FA cup final😀

Aye that must be it. They clearly hold grudges!!

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9021 on: March 18, 2024, 12:03:50 pm »
Lots of these pricks calling for Klopp to be fined/banned for his behaviour in yesterdays post match interviews.

Forgetting that their most treasured manager refused to speak to the BBC for like 7 years because they said some not very nice things about his son.

Oblivious, empty headed idiots.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #9022 on: March 18, 2024, 12:12:49 pm »
Lots of these pricks calling for Klopp to be fined/banned for his behaviour in yesterdays post match interviews.

Forgetting that their most treasured manager refused to speak to the BBC for like 7 years because they said some not very nice things about his son.

Now Klopp knows he will be gone in a few months I can see him letting rip a few times this season. Actually looking forward to it! I hope he goes in on a few people/organisations. It's not like he will ever work in England again anyway  ;D

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #9023 on: March 18, 2024, 12:12:49 pm »

I’d thought the BBC asked for those fines to be delayed …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9024 on: March 18, 2024, 12:17:44 pm »
Their Bertie Mee one just starts with Matt Busby rather than Bil Shankly I think. I’ve heard Mancs I know sing it probably over 20 years ago so think that might just be a song we both sing, don’t know who started it.

Ah right, thanks, never heard it before in all the Utd games home and away I've been to so thought it was a bit weird being so similar!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9025 on: March 18, 2024, 12:22:46 pm »
Didn’t watch the post match. What did Klopp say?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9026 on: March 18, 2024, 12:26:15 pm »

he had a pop at a Dutch interviewer and walked away mid interview.

Not the best look but in fairness he was asking some fucking stupid questions.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #9027 on: March 18, 2024, 12:35:45 pm »

Perfectly fine with bbc, itv and sky and then some dopey questions came his way and basically called the hack a fat c*nt and walked off. He’s going full D-FENS at some point, hopefully with that cock off Sky who interviews at the end of Sky games.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #9028 on: March 18, 2024, 12:41:57 pm »
Perfectly fine with bbc, itv and sky and then some dopey questions came his way and basically called the hack a fat c*nt and walked off.

Have a link to that? ;D

I've seen the ITV interview and the press conference, all seemed fine.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9030 on: March 18, 2024, 01:23:51 pm »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #9031 on: March 18, 2024, 01:30:48 pm »
I'm pissed off we lost still, but I find it absolutely hilarious that this seems to be their Istanbul for the post-Fergie era.

They're now us for large portions under Houllier/Rafa/et al - delighted to beat us in a one off while miles off us.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9032 on: March 18, 2024, 01:31:54 pm »
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan had that coming to him.
AHA!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9034 on: March 18, 2024, 01:41:34 pm »
'Not in great shape' is a term he uses often. He never means it literally.

He meant that as in the reporter's mood was not in great shape.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9035 on: March 18, 2024, 01:43:33 pm »
Congrats to them for winning a troph...

Oh, they've not won anything :o

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9036 on: March 18, 2024, 01:44:21 pm »
Aye that must be it. They clearly hold grudges!!

Johnno, can I ask you why all these chants that we heard yesterday are so prevalent inside the United fan base, what do you think the reason is? It appeared to be such a large volume of people singing about Hillsborough yesterday. While I know it's gone on in the past it was never that loud before. I really worry about much more bitter this fixture is going to become unless it's sorted out, but no one wants to confront the problem. Are we all going to wait until to gets so bad that something happens? Be thankful for your thoughts on it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9037 on: March 18, 2024, 01:47:38 pm »
I'm pissed off we lost still, but I find it absolutely hilarious that this seems to be their Istanbul for the post-Fergie era.

They're now us for large portions under Houllier/Rafa/et al - delighted to beat us in a one off while miles off us.

Although during our Houllier / Rafa era we were involved in a couple of genuine title races and obviously won a European Cup. Under Benitez there was also a strong feeling that we were more than capable of beating absolutely anybody in Europe over two legs. This lot on the other hand are absolutely hopeless. Not a sniff of a title in over a decade and they're even more pathetic in the Champions League. They're at a point where just getting out of the group stages would be a genuine achievement

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9038 on: March 18, 2024, 01:58:24 pm »
Johnno, can I ask you why all these chants that we heard yesterday are so prevalent inside the United fan base, what do you think the reason is? It appeared to be such a large volume of people singing about Hillsborough yesterday. While I know it's gone on in the past it was never that loud before. I really worry about much more bitter this fixture is going to become unless it's sorted out, but no one wants to confront the problem. Are we all going to wait until to gets so bad that something happens? Be thankful for your thoughts on it.

I know from asking the missus and various lads down the years, the reply is "you sang about Munich for years, what did you expect?". They couldn't wait to get started on us after Hillsborough. I'd say a lot of it is being passed down from generation to generation,as is the hatred. I said something to the missus today, hows it been 35 years of this shite now and one thing she said was "without Hillsborough, you wouldn't have stopped singing about Munich", so I wonder if that is something they use to justify to themselves that they carry on?

There's also been a change in people in general since Covid, behaviour is getting worse, people are way more aggressive, you've got that tit Neville encouraging them to riot to get our game abandoned, he's always stoking the fires and then we're, as a club, shitting all over them, so this seems to me to be the reaction. There's also a large element of try hards in their fanbase, who aren't Mancs but want to fit in, so sing this shite.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #9039 on: March 18, 2024, 02:01:11 pm »
Congrats to them for winning a troph...

Oh, they've not won anything :o

Well they've just won another trophy for City which is the sum of their existence these days.