Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 593800 times)

Online DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9040 on: March 18, 2024, 02:18:52 pm »
Because Man Utd are generally an irrelevance now in terms of being an actual competitor, and have brought us such joy with their near-decade of fruitlessly turning corner after corner, it's become easier to forget how loathsome they can be until we play them away. Apart from the goals, their fans were genuinely inaudible unless they were chanting abuse.

But to find some silver linings from yesterday:

1. There should be no complacency when we go back there in the league now. Twice this season we've taken it for granted that we would just put them away because they're such dross. Klopp won't let it happen a third time. At least we've learned that lesson in a much lower stakes match.

2. We have an opportunity to quickly go back there and put them in their place, in a way that will hurt them much more than if we beat them yesterday but lost in the league.

3. Coventry now have a genuine shot at getting to the FA Cup final.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9041 on: March 18, 2024, 02:50:12 pm »
Because Man Utd are generally an irrelevance now in terms of being an actual competitor, and have brought us such joy with their near-decade of fruitlessly turning corner after corner, it's become easier to forget how loathsome they can be until we play them away. Apart from the goals, their fans were genuinely inaudible unless they were chanting abuse.

But to find some silver linings from yesterday:

1. There should be no complacency when we go back there in the league now. Twice this season we've taken it for granted that we would just put them away because they're such dross. Klopp won't let it happen a third time. At least we've learned that lesson in a much lower stakes match.

2. We have an opportunity to quickly go back there and put them in their place, in a way that will hurt them much more than if we beat them yesterday but lost in the league.

3. Coventry now have a genuine shot at getting to the FA Cup final.

I hate losing but silver linings and all;

1. We had a nightmare of a schedule (and injuries) and I want the league (also Wolves and the Europa final as a last games, not a cup final against City or Chelsea, 4 days after Dublin and 7 days after Klopp's farewell at Anfield)

2. Playing United in the FA cup final will occupy City (on top of the CL)

3. Ten Hag keeps his job

4. We played well and still showed we are better and the PL game at OT in 3 weeks is easily doable. We lost because we thought we had won not because they were better, that's an attitude problem that will not creep in during the run in now.

5. Their fans showed truly what they are and the world heard.

6. If we had won all 4 trophies it would have made a rod for the back of the next manager, how do you top that or even try to.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 02:54:01 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9042 on: March 18, 2024, 03:20:24 pm »
What is ten Hag on about here? https://youtu.be/5StUo8tyfPE?t=419

That game was > 6 months ago!

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9043 on: March 18, 2024, 04:08:03 pm »
I know we were all worried about it finally happening, but it's now happened for real.

The corner has been turned

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9044 on: March 18, 2024, 04:33:26 pm »

Decades. Really.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9045 on: March 18, 2024, 04:37:14 pm »
 ;D Their worshippers are shameless. It says a lot about how shit they are now that it might actually be true! They won’t even win this cup so it’s as good as it gets for them nowadays.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9046 on: March 18, 2024, 04:47:43 pm »
I know from asking the missus and various lads down the years, the reply is "you sang about Munich for years, what did you expect?". They couldn't wait to get started on us after Hillsborough. I'd say a lot of it is being passed down from generation to generation,as is the hatred. I said something to the missus today, hows it been 35 years of this shite now and one thing she said was "without Hillsborough, you wouldn't have stopped singing about Munich", so I wonder if that is something they use to justify to themselves that they carry on?

There's also been a change in people in general since Covid, behaviour is getting worse, people are way more aggressive, you've got that tit Neville encouraging them to riot to get our game abandoned, he's always stoking the fires and then we're, as a club, shitting all over them, so this seems to me to be the reaction. There's also a large element of try hards in their fanbase, who aren't Mancs but want to fit in, so sing this shite.

I've sent a pm.  :wave
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9047 on: March 18, 2024, 05:36:27 pm »
Decades. Really.

Blimey, I've stayed away from football today but that's mad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9048 on: March 18, 2024, 05:39:52 pm »

Decades. Really.

They just spelt dickheads wrong.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9049 on: March 18, 2024, 05:42:51 pm »

Decades. Really.

Even the media know they are not relevant anymore and so a quarter final game is their biggest moment now and for decades to come.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #9050 on: March 18, 2024, 05:46:26 pm »
'Not in great shape' is a term he uses often. He never means it literally.

He meant that as in the reporter's mood was not in great shape.

Yeah, on reflection it looks like it was a translation thing into English. The one i saw you didn’t see the interviewer. Still funny.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #9051 on: March 18, 2024, 06:02:14 pm »
I know from asking the missus and various lads down the years, the reply is "you sang about Munich for years, what did you expect?". They couldn't wait to get started on us after Hillsborough. I'd say a lot of it is being passed down from generation to generation,as is the hatred. I said something to the missus today, hows it been 35 years of this shite now and one thing she said was "without Hillsborough, you wouldn't have stopped singing about Munich", so I wonder if that is something they use to justify to themselves that they carry on?

There's also been a change in people in general since Covid, behaviour is getting worse, people are way more aggressive, you've got that tit Neville encouraging them to riot to get our game abandoned, he's always stoking the fires and then we're, as a club, shitting all over them, so this seems to me to be the reaction. There's also a large element of try hards in their fanbase, who aren't Mancs but want to fit in, so sing this shite.

I’d echo every word of this, having worked in Salford/Manchester for best part of the last 25 years. I’d also says it’s got worse since 2008 with the rise of the Abu Dhabi side of town as although they hate each other( Rags/Munichs is still everyday banter to the fuckwits..I’ve actually had to discipline staff as this shit has got out of hand), they hate us a whole lot more and it’s the only common ground they have.  The generational thing is spot on, I’ve seen young lads join who mirror their dads and haven’t a fuckin clue to the Hillsborough story. The dickheads from Bolton Rochdale etc are just as bad, trying to impress.

I’m not one to generalise, but it’s 1000s, not just a few .
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9052 on: March 18, 2024, 06:08:42 pm »
I’ve worked in Manchester for one year of my life. July 1998 - July 1999. Talk about bad fucking luck.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9053 on: March 18, 2024, 06:10:26 pm »
I’ve worked in Manchester for one year of my life. July 1998 - July 1999. Talk about bad fucking luck.

Bloody hell ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9054 on: March 18, 2024, 06:39:55 pm »
Now that they're shit in general - they're so weirdly twisted with hate. Supporting them must be a fucking mission. At least Everton fans have broadly come to terms with the fact they're shit.
They've never been any different in my experience. I used to go to Manchester a fair bit in the 70s, usually to see us play the old Man City. A City supporting relative could always get us tickets for the stand opposite the Kippax. Travelling to the ground I was always astounded by the amount of vile anti-scouse, anti-LFC graffiti all over the place, accompanied by MUFC. It was everywhere. They were absolutely obsessed with us even then, yet I never even saw them as rivals for trophies.

I also remember it being said that they felt we had the success back then that they felt they should have had. I mean talk about outrageous entitlement. They were bitter, twisted and ugly long before Everton caught that particular disease. I also remember them at Wembley in the Charity Shield. Kenny's debut for us. I was amazed. They were acting like a bunch of uncivilised savages.

Our success killed them inside. They became horribly jealous and bitter very quickly. In 1971 I was in the Anny Road end to see us play them in a 2-2 draw. Unsegregated terraces too. I was right next to their fans and there was no animosity that I can recall. Fast forward just a few years of Liverpool success and they were green with envy and hatred. They've been like that ever since. Absolutely consumed by their obsession with our club and our city.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:42:01 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #9055 on: March 18, 2024, 07:11:04 pm »
They've never been any different in my experience. I used to go to Manchester a fair bit in the 70s, usually to see us play the old Man City. A City supporting relative could always get us tickets for the stand opposite the Kippax. Travelling to the ground I was always astounded by the amount of vile anti-scouse, anti-LFC graffiti all over the place, accompanied by MUFC. It was everywhere. They were absolutely obsessed with us even then, yet I never even saw them as rivals for trophies.

I also remember it being said that they felt we had the success back then that they felt they should have had. I mean talk about outrageous entitlement. They were bitter, twisted and ugly long before Everton caught that particular disease. I also remember them at Wembley in the Charity Shield. Kenny's debut for us. I was amazed. They were acting like a bunch of uncivilised savages.

Our success killed them inside. They became horribly jealous and bitter very quickly. In 1971 I was in the Anny Road end to see us play them in a 2-2 draw. Unsegregated terraces too. I was right next to their fans and there was no animosity that I can recall. Fast forward just a few years of Liverpool success and they were green with envy and hatred. They've been like that ever since. Absolutely consumed by their obsession with our club and our city.
Jealous and bitter very quickly is so true.when they got relegated in 74 they spent a year in the old second division going to aways around the country in great numbers smashing up town centres with all the neanthadol knuckle draggers that latched on to the self named “red army” looking to cause as much mayhem as possible and they loved being the big bully on the block in among all the little clubs .
A year later back in the 1st division they soon found they were just as shot as ever while we were sweeping all before us .it killed them and they hated it ,they were obsessed with us .
I went to that charity shield game in 77 ,you’re right they were like savages .it was like that every time we played them .was at anfield on Boxing Day 79 and saw them getting ran all over the place ,and battered and bruised ,Stanley park wasn’t a place to be that day ..lol
I was never into that side of things at all but seeing that and then later on the m62 going home passing their coaches with their windows out was them getting some long overdue medicine.
50 years later and nothing has changed with them ,still full of bitterness,hatred and totally obsessed with our club and city ,it’s passed down by each generation.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9056 on: March 18, 2024, 07:28:52 pm »
I thought I had seen the height of their hatred in 1985 when we played them twice in the FA Cup. On a Coach travelling to the replay at Maine Road literally every motorway bridge in Manchester led to dozens of rocks and bricks pounding the roof of the coach. When we got off the coach we quite literally had to fight our way into the ground.

As soon as Ferguson started winning things the level of hatred petered out somewhat. It was still bubbling away in the background but there was never the same level of hatred. Two things changed for me. Firstly the Hillsborough verdicts being overturned led to online trolls targeting the families. The other was Ferguson retiring and Liverpool becoming the better side.

Their hatred peaks when we are top dogs and the better side. They just can't handle it. They can't compete with us off the pitch so the bile about Hillsborough comes to the fore.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9057 on: March 18, 2024, 07:40:08 pm »
Jealous and bitter very quickly is so true.when they got relegated in 74 they spent a year in the old second division going to aways around the country in great numbers smashing up town centres with all the neanthadol knuckle draggers that latched on to the self named “red army” looking to cause as much mayhem as possible and they loved being the big bully on the block in among all the little clubs .
A year later back in the 1st division they soon found they were just as shot as ever while we were sweeping all before us .it killed them and they hated it ,they were obsessed with us .
I went to that charity shield game in 77 ,you’re right they were like savages .it was like that every time we played them .was at anfield on Boxing Day 79 and saw them getting ran all over the place ,and battered and bruised ,Stanley park wasn’t a place to be that day ..lol
I was never into that side of things at all but seeing that and then later on the m62 going home passing their coaches with their windows out was them getting some long overdue medicine.
50 years later and nothing has changed with them ,still full of bitterness,hatred and totally obsessed with our club and city ,it’s passed down by each generation.
I remember them getting relegated and mobbing up, looking like a gang of Bay City Rollers fans and smashing up small towns. They were a bandwagon for scumbag misfits looking to cause trouble. As you say, 50 years later, nothing has changed.

The sheer cheek of their "murderers" chant too. They've clearly forgotten Paul Nixon, the Palace fan they murdered, and Irene and Norman Roxby who they killed at Ayresome Park after trying to smash down gates to get at Boro fans and pushing a wall down and killing the Roxbys under the rubble.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #9058 on: March 18, 2024, 07:51:52 pm »
I thought I had seen the height of their hatred in 1985 when we played them twice in the FA Cup. On a Coach travelling to the replay at Maine Road literally every motorway bridge in Manchester led to dozens of rocks and bricks pounding the roof of the coach. When we got off the coach we quite literally had to fight our way into the ground.

As soon as Ferguson started winning things the level of hatred petered out somewhat. It was still bubbling away in the background but there was never the same level of hatred. Two things changed for me. Firstly the Hillsborough verdicts being overturned led to online trolls targeting the families. The other was Ferguson retiring and Liverpool becoming the better side.

Their hatred peaks when we are top dogs and the better side. They just can't handle it. They can't compete with us off the pitch so the bile about Hillsborough comes to the fore.
I think Ferguson helped stoke the hatred .he hated Liverpool which he made no secret of which he harboured from his Aberdeen spell when we put them out the European cup in 80 but used it at utd to fan the flames and his ,knock them off their fucking perch quote.
The mancs obviously loved this and it was a green light to carry on the hatred ,ramp it up more.even though by then they were  top dogs and we were shit  ,they were still obsessed with us ,singing about us all the time at their games that didn’t involve us .
Ferguson was every bit as bad as their supporters,he never missed a trick or an opportunity to stir the shit or denounce us at every turn .look at the way he treated Rafa ,got his little gang ,LMA ,moyes ,allerdyce etc to stick the knife into him and the club .with all the silverware he and they won ,Liverpool fc was at the forefront of their minds .
Win the champions league final ,who do their players sing about whilecelebrating on the pitch ….us and of course it’s the murderers song ,a hillsborough song ,about Liverpool supporters dying .
Obsessed? ..they just can’t help themselves…c*nts from top to bottom,the lot of them

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9059 on: March 18, 2024, 07:57:26 pm »
I think Ferguson helped stoke the hatred .he hated Liverpool which he made no secret of which he harboured from his Aberdeen spell when we put them out the European cup in 80 but used it at utd to fan the flames and his ,knock them off their fucking perch quote.
The mancs obviously loved this and it was a green light to carry on the hatred ,ramp it up more.even though by then they were  top dogs and we were shit  ,they were still obsessed with us ,singing about us all the time at their games that didn’t involve us .
Ferguson was every bit as bad as their supporters,he never missed a trick or an opportunity to stir the shit or denounce us at every turn .look at the way he treated Rafa ,got his little gang ,LMA ,moyes ,allerdyce etc to stick the knife into him and the club .with all the silverware he and they won ,Liverpool fc was at the forefront of their minds .
Win the champions league final ,who do their players sing about whilecelebrating on the pitch ….us and of course it’s the murderers song ,a hillsborough song ,about Liverpool supporters dying .
Obsessed? ..they just can’t help themselves…c*nts from top to bottom,the lot of them

Ferguson and Allardyce and co were shameless with their treatment of Rafa. All that beyond the place guff. No one called them out for it. Arseholes.

Mancs have always had us front and centre of their thoughts. Growing up I had Manc mates and they’d literally call me within minutes of winning a title to gloat. Just celebrate with other Mancs, live in the moment you weirdos.

Used to swear to me they’d never sing all the Hillsborough stuff at the ground and that they disapproved it but frankly didn’t believe a word of it.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #9060 on: March 18, 2024, 08:12:58 pm »
Ferguson and Allardyce and co were shameless with their treatment of Rafa. All that beyond the place guff. No one called them out for it. Arseholes.

Mancs have always had us front and centre of their thoughts. Growing up I had Manc mates and they’d literally call me within minutes of winning a title to gloat. Just celebrate with other Mancs, live in the moment you weirdos.

Used to swear to me they’d never sing all the Hillsborough stuff at the ground and that they disapproved it but frankly didn’t believe a word of it.
I had Utd supporting mates ,worked with Utd fans and everyone of them said things about hillsborough they all do ,it’s what they do .
I went to a do from work years ago around the time they won the league when Keenan’s Newcastle ran them close.
Late on in the evening when they’d had plenty to drink ,the songs started ,all the anti Liverpool shit ,their wives / girlfriends joining in .then they started sing anti Newcastle songs ,the cheer up kevin keegan one .funny thing was there was a few big geordies in there who discretely and quietly started surrounding them …let’s just say it didn’t end well for them .but of course at work it wasn’t their fault ,it was those nasty geordies causing trouble .
As said in my previous post ….c*nts the lot of them .

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9061 on: March 18, 2024, 08:17:26 pm »
I remember them getting relegated and mobbing up, looking like a gang of Bay City Rollers fans and smashing up small towns. They were a bandwagon for scumbag misfits looking to cause trouble. As you say, 50 years later, nothing has changed.

The sheer cheek of their "murderers" chant too. They've clearly forgotten Paul Nixon, the Palace fan they murdered, and Irene and Norman Roxby who they killed at Ayresome Park after trying to smash down gates to get at Boro fans and pushing a wall down and killing the Roxbys under the rubble.

Total lack of self-awareness those pricks. Imagine us singing about winning the title or FA Cup without killing anyone.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9062 on: March 18, 2024, 08:20:22 pm »
;D Their worshippers are shameless. It says a lot about how shit they are now that it might actually be true! They won’t even win this cup so it’s as good as it gets for them nowadays.

They used to gloat about winning trophies, now they brag about stopping us winning trophies. How the mighty have fallen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9063 on: March 18, 2024, 09:01:57 pm »
They used to gloat about winning trophies, now they brag about stopping us winning trophies. How the mighty have fallen.
And quite happy to see Abu Dhabi win the league rather than us.
They are the new Everton.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #9064 on: March 18, 2024, 09:13:56 pm »
They haven't. It's also weird how Everton fans love Utd, despite Utd mocking the city at every opportunity. It's bizarre.

Anyone but the redshite above anything else.

They'd sell their grans house if it meant we lost a game.

I'll not watch the fa cup and haven't watched a single champions league game this season.

Whoever wins it I don't give a shite.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9065 on: March 18, 2024, 09:17:19 pm »

Hope they enjoy being there for this once again  ;D

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9066 on: March 18, 2024, 09:18:27 pm »
I reckon Coventry will beat them.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9067 on: March 18, 2024, 09:20:17 pm »
I reckon Coventry will beat them.

Mark Robins team talk should be easy, "You've beaten Wolves at their place and they are better than this shower, they're just a shite team trading on a name, go out there and twat them"
Jurgen YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9068 on: March 18, 2024, 09:33:23 pm »
We play them for a third time this season in a couple of weeks. Could we please just beat them? Honestly, it would be gross incompetence to play a side as shit as them on three occasions and not beat them at least once.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9069 on: March 18, 2024, 09:34:45 pm »
Mark Robins team talk should be easy, "You've beaten Wolves at their place and they are better than this shower, they're just a shite team trading on a name, go out there and twat them"

I heard him in the radio the other day, thought it was Mark E. Smith!

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9070 on: March 18, 2024, 10:52:48 pm »
Many a laugh at Utds expense still to come this season lads - don't worry.

I got messages yesterday from long lost utd supporting cousins such was the level of pent up jealousy they've had over the last 6-7 years. Thank god that wasn't the final. Best way to shut them up is win another trophy this season and watch them fail in the cup. I'm looking forward to having the last laugh.

I wonder if this is about 1/7th of what they felt when we thrashed them?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #9071 on: March 19, 2024, 12:30:12 am »
Decades. Really.

If that's true, then I will take it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9072 on: March 19, 2024, 12:44:53 am »
Probably said the same thing about the PSG game. That worked out well.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9073 on: March 19, 2024, 04:42:51 am »
They won 4-3 and the reaction of their fans and media tells a story of their decline.

What would have been a routine win (although very satisfying) a few years ago has become an anomaly for these lot.

In comparison, we have thrashed them by putting past 5 and 7 goals in recent matches. Yet, none of us were really this delirious.

Decades ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9074 on: March 19, 2024, 06:45:24 am »
Theyre not normal. I remember I went to cardiff for the cup final 2005 and the coach dropped me in the wrong part of town, the designated united side, i was wearing an arsenal shirt and on my own,trying to take a short cut to avoid the crowds i ended up outside some back street pub full of united fans, I was walking past it and they cornered me like in a circle, then closed in, about 7 of them, grown men. I thought here we go, id get a punch in at least before Id get battered. But they didnt get violent, just screamed all sorts of abuse , they looked very angry , got right up to my face, spitting as they screamed, I just stood there looking at them, eventually they opened up and walked off. I still have no idea what the fuck was all that about. Had a few other incidents, all back when the rivalry was big, strange lot.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9075 on: March 19, 2024, 07:12:37 am »
They did what they've done all season, get battered, ride their luck, score breakaway goals. How many times have we seen it this season?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9076 on: March 19, 2024, 08:21:49 am »
They did what they've done all season, get battered, ride their luck, score breakaway goals. How many times have we seen it this season?

Not many, they have lost half their games and have lost to Brighton, Spurs once, Arsenal once and City twice. Their best results against the top 6 is a win at home to Villa and a draw at home to Spurs if you exclude us.

The fact is they are not a good team and whilst they have threats, good teams beat them. We have underperformed twice against them, we cant do that a third time.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9077 on: March 19, 2024, 08:53:51 am »
If you were ever to write a Book on that year.

A year in Purgatory. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9078 on: March 19, 2024, 09:17:49 am »
Theyre not normal. I remember I went to cardiff for the cup final 2005 and the coach dropped me in the wrong part of town, the designated united side, i was wearing an arsenal shirt and on my own,trying to take a short cut to avoid the crowds i ended up outside some back street pub full of united fans, I was walking past it and they cornered me like in a circle, then closed in, about 7 of them, grown men. I thought here we go, id get a punch in at least before Id get battered. But they didnt get violent, just screamed all sorts of abuse , they looked very angry , got right up to my face, spitting as they screamed, I just stood there looking at them, eventually they opened up and walked off. I still have no idea what the fuck was all that about. Had a few other incidents, all back when the rivalry was big, strange lot.

They were upset in Cardiff because there were mobs of Cardiff fans going from pub to pub.

If you were Liverpool, they'd be 'Have a great game lads and enjoy yourselves' - knocked seven bells out of the Mancs though. They really hated them, not sure if that was because of previous or something? But I went to every game at the Millenium and the Cardiff lads were great with us.

Wonderful City and a fantastic stadium. Used to love going there. Much, much better than Wembley and London (Though I do like sightseeing/museum trips when I'm down there)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9079 on: March 19, 2024, 09:19:09 am »
Not many, they have lost half their games and have lost to Brighton, Spurs once, Arsenal once and City twice. Their best results against the top 6 is a win at home to Villa and a draw at home to Spurs if you exclude us.

The fact is they are not a good team and whilst they have threats, good teams beat them. We have underperformed twice against them, we cant do that a third time.

To be fair, I remember when we were awesome and they were shite and they quite often beat us. They are like Leicester - always had a hoodoo over us - weird that you get certain teams that are fairly poor and yet you often get stopped or beaten by them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.