Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 746265 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #11400 on: March 20, 2024, 12:14:23 pm »
It seems barmy to use cladding in a marine environment.

I'd wager it was a cheaper option to use some cladding even if long-term it'll cost more for maintenance

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11401 on: March 20, 2024, 01:33:44 pm »
Not really seen many pictures of inside the stadium right now but it looks exactly like the generic one Espanyol built. Ironic, really.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #11402 on: March 20, 2024, 01:49:39 pm »
I have to say that the inside of the stadium seems well thought out and planned, credit to the club for that. The fact that it has been built with money that does not exist and that it cannot deliver the revenue assumed (remember Everton's financial plans were also based on them being good) is another matter entirely. Someone will have to pay the bill for their excess spending to gain sporting advantage some point.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11403 on: March 20, 2024, 01:51:46 pm »
Not really seen many pictures of inside the stadium right now but it looks exactly like the generic one Espanyol built. Ironic, really.

The architect may have misspelt "iconic" in his/her plans.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11404 on: March 20, 2024, 02:27:58 pm »
I have to say that the inside of the stadium seems well thought out and planned, credit to the club for that. The fact that it has been built with money that does not exist and that it cannot deliver the revenue assumed (remember Everton's financial plans were also based on them being good) is another matter entirely. Someone will have to pay the bill for their excess spending to gain sporting advantage some point.

The clubs relegated in Everton's place; the contractor with cash flow problems; 777 - basically everyone is paying except Everton themselves. Everyone but Everton is going to go bust at this rate. They're like the cockroaches of football.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11405 on: March 20, 2024, 03:54:34 pm »
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-dock-stadium-river-mersey-smell-932444-20240319

Everton have commissioned a 'special scent' as part of design plans for their new Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium - and fans will be able to smell it during matches.

Yeah it's called shite

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11406 on: March 20, 2024, 03:56:45 pm »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11407 on: March 20, 2024, 04:32:14 pm »
I take it they need to sniff a fragrance in order to mask the stench from the sewage works, a bit like those pomanders they used in merry olde England.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11408 on: March 20, 2024, 04:47:55 pm »
I heard the scent will change to reflect the performance of the team.

There is currently no way to emit artificial smells built in.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11409 on: March 20, 2024, 04:49:54 pm »
my god - how stupid are they.

They have to be taking the pissshit.
That article reads like a spoof. Alongside the waste-treatment-works-masking fragrance, the idea that an adult website wanted to sponspor the stadium is hilarious  :lmao

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11410 on: March 20, 2024, 06:07:06 pm »
They're unveiling a new mascot too.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11411 on: March 20, 2024, 06:27:51 pm »

Looks a bit like Espanyol or one of The Bundesliga venues built/rebuilt for the 2006 World Cup.

Good enough for them but it's crippling them financially without Usmanov's laundered money or Joe Anderson's council tax money.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11413 on: March 20, 2024, 07:31:39 pm »
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-dock-stadium-river-mersey-smell-932444-20240319

Yeah it's called shite
Another first for the Shite. First club to have to pump out air freshener to mask the stench of a sewage farm next door.

Rumours that the sewage farm are developing a scent of their own to combat the stench of Everton's football are yet to be confirmed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11414 on: March 20, 2024, 07:45:30 pm »
They should start a partnership with these

Then again they'll probably go bust after getting into bed with the Ev...

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11415 on: March 20, 2024, 07:45:54 pm »
I take it they need to sniff a fragrance in order to mask the stench from the sewage works, a bit like those pomanders they used in merry olde England.

Person 1. “ Did you hear the one about the water treatment works next to Everton’s new stadium?”

Person 2. “ No I hadn’t, but what about the smell?”

Person 1. “Shame really, but the water treatment works will have to get used to it”

Boom, I’ll get me coat
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11416 on: March 20, 2024, 07:48:46 pm »
That article reads like a spoof. Alongside the waste-treatment-works-masking fragrance, the idea that an adult website wanted to sponspor the stadium is hilarious  :lmao

Sponsored as The Bunghole?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11417 on: March 20, 2024, 07:56:31 pm »
Sponsored as The Bunghole?

11 men no cup?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11419 on: March 20, 2024, 10:09:53 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11420 on: March 20, 2024, 11:23:18 pm »
Rumour that they are struggling to make payroll for this month….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #11421 on: March 21, 2024, 12:10:37 am »
I mean, it may be the perfume is nithing to do with the local smell but then;
1st football stadium next to a sewage plant
1st football stadium that is perfumed
Its no coincidence that many people keep a perfumed airspray in their bathrooms and I doubt the above is a coincidence either
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11422 on: March 21, 2024, 08:38:30 am »
Rumour that they are struggling to make payroll for this month….
Another loan from 777 incoming, then. Pile the pressure on the PL, who are between the devil and the deep red Mersey - a real no-win if they approve or don't.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11423 on: March 21, 2024, 08:51:14 am »
How much is that unofficially up to now? £140m?

Takeover or not, they’ve got them by the balls.
AHA!

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11424 on: March 21, 2024, 11:05:07 am »
Mutterings on Twitter/X (I know, I know) that the 777 takeover is going to be accepted by the Premier League. Given what is known about them I'm not sure that is good news. On the other hand, they're fucked as it is. Stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11425 on: March 21, 2024, 11:08:33 am »
It's disgusting if they allow them in. They are not fit to own anything and the PL know that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11426 on: March 21, 2024, 11:13:34 am »
11 men no cup?

That's the season review beta/VHS title sorted.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11427 on: March 21, 2024, 11:47:32 am »
Maybe it's the PL saying to the club, look, they have "passed" the tests but in our opinion they are big trouble and we're advising you not to do this? Actually trying to protect the club and eventually basically saying, ok we've tried everything to get you to see what this lot is like, away you go

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11428 on: March 21, 2024, 11:48:02 am »
It's disgusting if they allow them in. They are not fit to own anything and the PL know that.
The Premier League really must block the 777 Partners takeover or just abandon the fit and proper tests altogether.  They've already demonstrated there's no moralistic element to the fit and proper tests (by passing the Saudi PIF takeover of Newcastle) and allowing 777 Partners would demonstrate there's no financial stability element either.

I get the impression that the Premier League have just had enough of hand-holding Everton and dealing with their litigation and moaning.  I can sympathise with them if that's the case but letting 777 Partners take over one of their member clubs sets a dangerous precedent.

I'm not really sure what the way out for Everton is but I'm certain it's not being owned by 777 Partners.  The best they can hope for under 777 Partners would be consolidation of their debts and a more successful commercial department.  Those are sensible steps but the problem is that 777 Partners are a debt factory so Everton will also likely need to provide a consistent return to them on top of all their existing overheads.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11429 on: March 21, 2024, 12:00:05 pm »

They shouldn't but I've a feeling their ownership will provide many more laughs over the years to come. Everything I've heard about them paints them as being possibly the dodgiest owners a football club can ever have.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11430 on: March 21, 2024, 12:03:32 pm »
Maybe it's the PL saying to the club, look, they have "passed" the tests but in our opinion they are big trouble and we're advising you not to do this? Actually trying to protect the club and eventually basically saying, ok we've tried everything to get you to see what this lot is like, away you go

There is little point in having a fit and proper owners test if you are allowing people like this to takeover clubs, they have ruined everything they have touched. I know it's hard on the PL and I get that the Everton owners are acting like cocks, but it still isn't right.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11431 on: March 21, 2024, 12:05:46 pm »
The Premier League really must block the 777 Partners takeover or just abandon the fit and proper tests altogether.  They've already demonstrated there's no moralistic element to the fit and proper tests (by passing the Saudi PIF takeover of Newcastle) and allowing 777 Partners would demonstrate there's no financial stability element either.

I get the impression that the Premier League have just had enough of hand-holding Everton and dealing with their litigation and moaning.  I can sympathise with them if that's the case but letting 777 Partners take over one of their member clubs sets a dangerous precedent.

I'm not really sure what the way out for Everton is but I'm certain it's not being owned by 777 Partners.  The best they can hope for under 777 Partners would be consolidation of their debts and a more successful commercial department.  Those are sensible steps but the problem is that 777 Partners are a debt factory so Everton will also likely need to provide a consistent return to them on top of all their existing overheads.

To all fits and purposes they abandoned the tests when they allowed states in, the paper may as well be ripped up, as it's meaningless.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11432 on: March 21, 2024, 12:06:14 pm »
After the way Everton fans were when we had H & G I hope 777 are approved.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11433 on: March 21, 2024, 12:18:28 pm »
Everton as a club are not fit and proper. A match made in heaven.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11434 on: March 21, 2024, 12:28:21 pm »
After the way Everton fans were when we had H & G I hope 777 are approved.

I don't. I don't give a stuff about Everton, but admitting 777 to the Premier League puts every small to mid table club at risk of being taken over by an equally shady gang of cnuts. It's bad enough with the fucking sportwasher free for all.

I'd hate to see a club like Brighton get taken over by a group like this. They'd be relegated within three seasons.

Just let Everton go fucking bust. A nine point deduction that puts them on 16 points - and they can't appeal this one. Plus another deduction still to follow. Administration will force them to do what they should have done two years ago - sell players and trim their wage bill. Without those key players, they're as good as down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11435 on: March 21, 2024, 12:51:00 pm »
How much is that unofficially up to now? £140m?

Takeover or not, they’ve got them by the balls.
Depends who you believe.
Most reports were between £180m and £200m already. Another loan gets you towards the 1/4 Billion mark.
And that debt will be re consolidated,(not written off), along with the loans they will be using to buy the club. Add in the repayments for the stadium debt and they are going to have to find a lot of cash to fund the repayments. If they hive off the stadium, the club is actually worth less than the debt they are seeking to buy it with.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11436 on: March 21, 2024, 12:54:11 pm »
Mutterings on Twitter/X (I know, I know) that the 777 takeover is going to be accepted by the Premier League. Given what is known about them I'm not sure that is good news. On the other hand, they're fucked as it is. Stuck between a rock and a hard place?

The Grauniad was reporting last week that the announcement confirming the deal was being made this week.
We still have to hear what their punishment will be for breaking P&S
Given they are borrowing to keep the lights on, they must be on course for a loss again this season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11437 on: March 21, 2024, 12:57:31 pm »

“The Club”?
Moshiri is the club. For whatever reason, these people are his preferred option. He isn’t arsed about how dodgy they may be, he wants his money back and would sell it to Nortons if they paid up.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11438 on: March 21, 2024, 01:12:58 pm »
So 777 supplied the audited accounts then. Love to know who their auditor is.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11439 on: March 21, 2024, 01:49:54 pm »
The Grauniad was reporting last week that the announcement confirming the deal was being made this week.
We still have to hear what their punishment will be for breaking P&S
Given they are borrowing to keep the lights on, they must be on course for a loss again this season.
The losses will be in the hundreds of millions.  That they're borrowing £20m/month from 777 Partners shows how far short they are of breaking even.  For P&S purposes though they can write a lot of those losses off - presumably the stadium development is a significant chunk of that £20m/month - so it's not clear if they'd once again breach the threshold.

I expect they'll sell Branthwaite in the summer and that will keep the wolves at bay for a bit longer.  They'll also lose Alli (£100k) and Gomes (£120k) off their wage bill plus potentially Gueye (£80k), Coleman (£70k) and Young (£80k).  Saving the best part of £500k/week in wages is a good move for them but in recent windows they've not been able to resist spending.  Beto and Chermiti are as bad signings as any they've made in the Moshiri era.