Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 410637 times)

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges
« Reply #5400 on: May 13, 2024, 02:19:05 pm »
Football is booming mate, raking in the money. Nobody wants to upset the gravy train.

Yet it feels like a third world sport to me these days,filth at the top levels of it,running it,owning it,and rules made along as they go to suit whoever pays most.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5401 on: May 13, 2024, 03:20:15 pm »
I can only imagine what the reaction would be from other clubs and opposition fans if Liverpool refused to cooperate.

It certainly wouldn't be apathy...

If we made a stand then I doubt if any other club would follow us....maybe 1 or 2 but not many. All clubs should stand against cheating and not hide their heads in the sand. Every single club in the EPL has to play City twice and if they have built a team on the fondations of cheating then all clubs should unite. Just show how much a farce it is by not turning up for the games against City or sending the U23s.
#JFT97

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #5402 on: May 13, 2024, 05:57:02 pm »
The precedent the Premier League need to follow that’s been established in English Football is that of Leeds City, the precursor to Leeds United.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_City_F.C.#:~:text=The%20club%20was%20dissolved%20in,was%20established%20as%20a%20replacement.

The club was highly successful in the wartime football league; however, it faced sanction for paying its players during wartime which had been made illegal. The club was dissolved in 1919 after the club's directors failed to co-operate with the subsequent FA inquiry.

Leeds City's whole league career was in the Second Division. However, during the First World War the club won several wartime honours under the stewardship of Herbert Chapman. Following the conclusion of the war a scandal ensued and the club was accused of financial irregularities, including breaking the ban on paying players during the war, that led to the club's dissolution in 1919. They were expelled from The Football League eight games into the 1919–20 season. The harsh punishment was handed down mostly because of the behaviour of the club's directors, who refused to co-operate in an FA inquiry, and refused to hand over the club's financial records.

Funny how they also had City and the Citizens as nicknames too. History repeating itself and let’s hope the punishment does too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 05:59:41 pm by mikey_LFC »
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5403 on: May 13, 2024, 06:29:53 pm »
Leeds City didn't have a country with unlimited funds to pay off the media etc.

Nobody appears to be talking about the potential impact and everyone just talks about how great a team City are and ignore the fact that they broke rules to get to where they were. In the end the cheating has appeared to have justified itself and, in my opinion, nothing much will be done about it unless other clubs stop playing them.
#JFT97

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5404 on: May 13, 2024, 06:38:31 pm »
Leeds City didn't have a country with unlimited funds to pay off the media etc.

Nobody appears to be talking about the potential impact and everyone just talks about how great a team City are and ignore the fact that they broke rules to get to where they were. In the end the cheating has appeared to have justified itself and, in my opinion, nothing much will be done about it unless other clubs stop playing them.

It’s not the media who will punish them, it’s the premier league, i.e. the other clubs. They charged them, the intent will be to punish them. The only thing stopping it, in my opinion, is the UK government stepping in to protect trade relations. That’s the point at which I’ll be done with football.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 06:40:33 pm by mikey_LFC »

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #5405 on: May 13, 2024, 06:52:24 pm »
It’s not the media who will punish them, it’s the premier league, i.e. the other clubs. They charged them, the intent will be to punish them. The only thing stopping it, in my opinion, is the UK government stepping in to protect trade relations. That’s the point at which I’ll be done with football.
The way voting goes recently, I wouldn’t be confident the majority of Premier League Clubs will be aligned

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5406 on: May 13, 2024, 07:52:38 pm »
The way voting goes recently, I wouldn’t be confident the majority of Premier League Clubs will be aligned

Is it a voting matter? Don’t think the Everton or Forest ones were?

Online vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5407 on: May 13, 2024, 09:01:49 pm »
Is it a voting matter? Don’t think the Everton or Forest ones were?
was just responding to the point that the other clubs would punish City.  Hard to know where other clubs stand on City.  Agree they won’t officially vote, but will they push for punishment?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5408 on: May 13, 2024, 10:09:00 pm »
was just responding to the point that the other clubs would punish City.  Hard to know where other clubs stand on City.  Agree they won’t officially vote, but will they push for punishment?

Fair enough. The procedure is so unclear though that I’m not entirely sure who does decide. They need to bring in specific punishments that can be enforced at the moment a charge is brought. Its not a tricky thing to do.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #5409 on: May 13, 2024, 11:25:59 pm »
Punishing Everton and Forest is one thing. Neither club ever challenges to win top honours in the past 25 years. However City pose a dilemma for the PL.

We suspect that City have been at it since 2008. If the PL were to find them guilty of financial doping especially over a prolonged period of time it would call into account the very sporting integrity of the PL given how much City have won since 2008.

I think this terrifies those that run the EPL. The whole validity of the PL would be left in tatters if the truly held City accountable for their financial shenanigans.

Online vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5410 on: May 14, 2024, 06:20:52 am »
Punishing Everton and Forest is one thing. Neither club ever challenges to win top honours in the past 25 years. However City pose a dilemma for the PL.

We suspect that City have been at it since 2008. If the PL were to find them guilty of financial doping especially over a prolonged period of time it would call into account the very sporting integrity of the PL given how much City have won since 2008.

I think this terrifies those that run the EPL. The whole validity of the PL would be left in tatters if the truly held City accountable for their financial shenanigans.
Sounds like the case to be heard in October (with another League, FA Cup, League cup, Champions League underway) with outcome expected in 2025 (maybe another set of competitions underway?). Pep will be gone by then, as probably Masters who runs the Prem League. It will have been like 17 years since the start of 115 cases, and it can be then brushed over as history.  The action is so slow and late it is hard to have any expectations or to take seriously.  Basically there will not be many of the people involved who are around to govern this or be held accountable for it. Becomes more toothless as the years roll along.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:23:37 am by vblfc »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5411 on: May 14, 2024, 07:29:51 am »
Football is booming mate, raking in the money. Nobody wants to upset the gravy train.

Financially it's booming yes, morally it's never been poorer.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5412 on: May 14, 2024, 07:59:18 am »

If they were worried about the integrity of the league from exposing City’s cheating, why would they charge them?

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #5413 on: May 14, 2024, 10:37:54 am »
It makes it look like they are taking action. All about optics

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5414 on: May 14, 2024, 11:30:58 am »
It makes it look like they are taking action. All about optics

How does it help the optics to expose cheating and then not punish it? Anything but a massive, crippling punishment for City is bad for optics of the future seasons, especially if City are allowed to continue their dominance built upon years of cheating.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5415 on: May 14, 2024, 12:19:24 pm »
Dont go the BBC website, theres a headline from the prick Guardiola " City success not down to money." I despair.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: May 14, 2024, 12:40:50 pm »
Dont go the BBC website, theres a headline from the prick Guardiola " City success not down to money." I despair.

Hahaha. OK, Guardiola, let us see you do the same at Chester City FC with a budget of 500 Tesco clubcard points.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: May 14, 2024, 12:59:48 pm »
I agree with him, it’s not just down to money, it’s all to do with the cheating.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5418 on: May 14, 2024, 01:00:21 pm »

It was one of their promoted or featured articles last night and early this morning mate.

Sportswashing PR in action. At the BBC (as usual).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #5419 on: May 14, 2024, 01:48:44 pm »

He could be right. It may well be down to some of the other forms of cheating he's known for also.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5420 on: May 14, 2024, 01:54:28 pm »

180m spent during the pandemic when pretty much every other team was pulling in their purse strings.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #5421 on: May 14, 2024, 02:03:39 pm »
I look forward to him managing a club that isn't one of the richest in their league soon then, what with money not making a difference and that.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5422 on: May 14, 2024, 02:04:14 pm »
What is it with this fella? He's either a simply trolling or he's seriously lacking in awareness.

Those players simply do not even glance in the direction of Man City before they were sportswashed and became the Abu Dhabi 115s. Not one of them would be pulling on a City shirt if it wasn't for the money on offer and the promise of success that sportswashing on that magnitude guarantees. Guardiola laughs his head off if he gets a call from Man City asking him to manage them. In fact, he doesn't even take the call. His cleaner rejects them for him. He's there for one reason only. The sportswashers will provide him with every conceivable advantage money can buy.

Sorry Ped, but it's all down to the money. Without it, you're not there. Those players aren't there either. City are probably still yo-yoing up and down the divisions and being bitter about their local rivals.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #5423 on: May 14, 2024, 02:05:54 pm »
I'm tempted to want Arsenal to win the league instead of these but I hate the idea of Arsenal getting to celebrate properly when we didn't
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5424 on: May 14, 2024, 02:15:35 pm »
Seems very upset and rattled in his presser, would be a great time for more people to ask him about the charges and how *exactly* he is paid by City.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5425 on: May 14, 2024, 02:22:42 pm »
Four titles in a row and still won’t get more than two bus stops for the parade.
Such a sham of a club and a shit stain on the game. The PL should be ashamed of what they’ve allowed Abu Dhabi to do.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: May 14, 2024, 02:35:23 pm »
Richard Dunne was their captain and stephen Ireland their best player, before the money came in. Its all money, nothing but money.
They cheat and want applause for it

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #5427 on: May 14, 2024, 02:42:44 pm »
Man City are typical of our age. Not builders, but grifters looking to milk a sport built by others.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5428 on: May 14, 2024, 02:43:14 pm »
Richard Dunne was their captain and stephen Ireland their best player, before the money came in. Its all money, nothing but money.
They cheat and want applause for it
Didn't they get beat by Middlesbrough, 8-1?

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: May 14, 2024, 02:43:15 pm »

Not sure that's entirely fair on the PL. The charges only arose because of the hacking/leaks. You could argue we've known from the start that there was dodgy stuff going on but knowing it and having the evidence to prove it are not the same.

It's dragging on so long because the PL are being super careful to make sure their case is watertight - Uefa got embarrassed by their case being thrown out by CAS on technicalities and the PL don't want the same to happen to them.

The good news is that those technicalities don't apply in the PL and there's no right of appeal to CAS.

The bad news is that the sources of evidence are a bit hooky so City will feel they can challenge the case on those grounds - which is why they have refused to cooperate.

Cycling bounced back from the Armstrong scandal, I'm sure football would be able to survive any fallout from punishing City. I think the risk of reputational damage (among fans like us, for example) is far greater if they DON'T punish them.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5430 on: May 14, 2024, 02:50:25 pm »
I'm tempted to want Arsenal to win the league instead of these but I hate the idea of Arsenal getting to celebrate properly when we didn't

I'd rather anyone other than sportswashers win anything. The idea that traditional rivalry should be maintained above all else is why they prevail.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: May 14, 2024, 02:54:35 pm »
I'd rather anyone other than sportswashers win anything. The idea that traditional rivalry should be maintained above all else is why they prevail.

Agreed. I can live with hating to see Arsenal win. It won't be as bad as 1989.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5432 on: May 14, 2024, 03:02:50 pm »
I'm seeing more and more young kids with full Man City kits on (I live in the Midlands these days).  As a kid I remember getting bantz from all the local kids that supported Man U, now my kids are getting it from the next generation of gobshites - only this time around they're wearing sky blue.

The one that really hits me is when the parent is a keen supporter of another club but they've let their kids pick Man City.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #5433 on: May 14, 2024, 03:10:00 pm »
The sooner City fuck off the better. What a shit stain on the beautiful game they are.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: May 14, 2024, 03:44:43 pm »
Not sure that's entirely fair on the PL. The charges only arose because of the hacking/leaks. You could argue we've known from the start that there was dodgy stuff going on but knowing it and having the evidence to prove it are not the same.

That's the stupid thing about it whenever you mention anything to one of their stupid robotic fans about it all. You just get a "well, the evidence was hacked"... doesn't make it not true though does it !

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5435 on: May 14, 2024, 04:32:52 pm »
Man City are typical of our age. Not builders, but grifters looking to milk a sport built by others.

And want respect even though everything they do is fake
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5436 on: May 14, 2024, 04:34:07 pm »
The sooner City fuck off the better. What a shit stain on the beautiful game they are.

Be a great day for the sport when these c*nts are finally handed whats due to them but can we really see it happening
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #5437 on: May 14, 2024, 04:47:06 pm »
Be a great day for the sport when these c*nts are finally handed whats due to them but can we really see it happening

We have to hope and believe justice will be done. The league and football in general will be meaningless if ADFC just walk away Scot-free.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #5438 on: May 14, 2024, 05:06:08 pm »
We have to hope and believe justice will be done. The league and football in general will be is meaningless if as ADFC just walk away Scot-free.
JFT97

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: May 14, 2024, 05:10:09 pm »
Cycling bounced back from the Armstrong scandal, I'm sure football would be able to survive any fallout from punishing City. I think the risk of reputational damage (among fans like us, for example) is far greater if they DON'T punish them.

the analogies with Armstrong are good, up to a point.

how would it all have worked out with him, if he had been funded by, and enjoyed the direct backing of, the US government?

imo, he'd have never got brought to task because the people running the sport would have been scared to piss off the Americans.

that's what's been happening with AD/115. and I expect it will continue.