Author Topic: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia  (Read 49467 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia
« Reply #360 on: September 5, 2023, 08:48:42 am »
He's an absolute fucking scumbag. Probably the biggest scumbag to have ever played for us.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: September 5, 2023, 08:53:03 am »
I don't expect much from footballers and I don't think there is many that are going tomorrow anything insightful on these kind of topics. However, it's kind of amazing how obvious Henderson makes it that he's being used for PR from Saudi and Qatar without seeming to realise it multiple times he goes on about how it's not as bad as he's heard in the media here.

Henderson: It’s hard to know what the reality is and what’s not true. Because you hear about stuff and you’re like, “Is that true?” But when you speak to people who are close to me and have had experiences over in Saudi or over in the Middle East, it’s like, “Well, actually, that’s not the same.”
A perfect example would be before Qatar. We had a meeting with the FA about human rights, about the issues around the stadiums. I think it might have been Amnesty who had sent the images and stuff. And then, half an hour later, I go into a press conference or some media and I’ve commented on that situation. I was like, “Well, it was quite shocking and horrendous” and that was quite hard for us to see. But then when I went to Qatar and we had the experience we had at the World Cup, you get to meet the workers there and it was totally different.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #362 on: September 5, 2023, 08:53:37 am »
Says in the interview he went there to protect his England place   ::)

I think like Gerrard with Rodgers he has saw his arse when he's been told he's no longer an automatic starter and his games would be managed. Even though both of their legs had gone. They both left to lose their legs on someone else's pitch which does us a favour to be honest, but he's taking people for fools in that interview. Says it spoke volumes to him when the club were willing to let him go, but he'd obviously already agreed to go in the first place, if he didn't want to leave he'd have stayed and he wouldn't have wanted the club to stand in his way. The club needs their captain to want to be here and committed.

I always liked Henderson a lot as a player, but didn't like the way he strongarmed the club into getting a new contract when he had 2 years to run, by threatening to down tools and leave. I don't care about footballers, only the club, so i'm not bothered he's gone there and the club get money in the bank and lose a huge wage for a player who is done at the top level. He's not the great guy that his PR team has manufactured though. The money they earn sees them lose touch with reality - and it's never enough.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 09:03:01 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 5, 2023, 08:54:45 am »
Some absolute car crash stuff in there.

Would have been a bit better for him to disappear into the sunset and keep quiet. We've all moved on Jordan

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: September 5, 2023, 09:00:34 am »
Looks like Henderson has given an interview making an absolute twat of himself going by the headlines but won't be reading his shit.
he's pretending that the saudi club contacted LFC before speaking to him, and that LFC not pouring cold water on that influenced his decision. The silly liar. ANd that he's never ever ever been interested in money.

Honestly, the hubris is astounding. He's so PR obsessed and used to the PR working well for him. Think he's way off base this time, and will soon realise he'd have been better off just shutting the fuck up and stopping the act.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: September 5, 2023, 09:00:36 am »
Henderson interview with The Athletic awful
 >:(

that 2nd quote disgraceful imo

I honestly think he is just thick. A Forrest Gump type of person. He might do the occasional good or right thing, because somebody decent asks him to do it, but he doesn't fully understand the implications, and is just as likely to do something completely the opposite. As we have seen.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 5, 2023, 09:06:10 am »
I honestly think he is just thick. A Forrest Gump type of person. He might do the occasional good or right thing, because somebody decent asks him to do it, but he doesn't fully understand the implications, and is just as likely to do something completely the opposite. As we have seen.

Or money just erodes the soul.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 5, 2023, 09:08:27 am »
If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."

Says the fella who refused to be sold when Rodgers came in and wanted him gone and knuckled down to get his place in the side and prove him wrong.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 5, 2023, 09:09:16 am »
What a fucking tool, thought my opinion of him wouldn't sink much lower, how wrong was I.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 5, 2023, 09:12:01 am »
One of the most ill-advised interviews I've ever heard/seen/read in my life. Woeful.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 5, 2023, 09:14:00 am »
Also, another bitter ex-player to add to the mix, we haven't got enough of those.

The next Danny Murphy or Hamann etc when he starts raking it in as a pundit to slag us off.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 5, 2023, 09:14:50 am »
Whatever he saw Szoboszlai and realised he's never starting again.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: September 5, 2023, 09:18:52 am »
I don't expect much from footballers and I don't think there is many that are going tomorrow anything insightful on these kind of topics. However, it's kind of amazing how obvious Henderson makes it that he's being used for PR from Saudi and Qatar without seeming to realise it multiple times he goes on about how it's not as bad as he's heard in the media here.

What a dumb c*nt Hendo is. Yeah, I went to North Korea once... this local expert met me at the airport and showed me all over the place... all I saw was shiny clean streets and happy smiling children... didn't see any of the starvation or oppression the mainstream media feeds us... it's actually paradise if you go and see it for yourself. I am very smart and I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #373 on: September 5, 2023, 09:21:23 am »
All about his brand.

What a strange way to taint your own legacy.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 5, 2023, 09:21:34 am »

He sounds like someone who has never critically engaged with any subject at all to be honest. I don't know why we expect much out of footballers intellectually, they are usually out of school in their midteens and hothoused in an ultra-macho and ultra-competitive environment with no time for education.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 5, 2023, 09:22:40 am »
Looks like Henderson has given an interview making an absolute twat of himself going by the headlines but won't be reading his shit.

It was an absolute whopper of a read.

It’s weird though - considering he was captain for so long during such a period of success - he’s just so instantly, forgettable?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 5, 2023, 09:22:41 am »
Says the fella who refused to be sold when Rodgers came in and wanted him gone and knuckled down to get his place in the side and prove him wrong.

Yeah! And the fella who went and knocked on Klopp's door when Fabinho got ahead of him as a 6 and said let me play as an 8 and got back into the team.

He's jacked it in, not hungry any more. Compare to Milner.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 5, 2023, 09:23:59 am »
One of the most ill-advised interviews I've ever heard/seen/read in my life. Woeful.

Saudi's should investing half their money in proper western PR companies rather than allowing 'airhead' footballers grab a mike to speak the 'truth'.

Would have been good if one of the players who rushed towards the golden cow had of came out and said 'I'm here for the money and I'm going to donate ??% of it to building sporting academies, homes, etc' back in my local community.

Having said that Mané will do that on the quiet.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 5, 2023, 09:27:47 am »
He sounds like someone who has never critically engaged with any subject at all to be honest. I don't know why we expect much out of footballers intellectually, they are usually out of school in their midteens and hothoused in an ultra-macho and ultra-competitive environment with no time for education.

Yep.  Anyone looking at footballers for a bit of intelect, is seriously looking in the wrong place.

Of all the sportspeople, they are generally the least educated. 

I wish they didn't have as much exposure, as they do.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 09:30:31 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #379 on: September 5, 2023, 09:27:57 am »
Yeah! And the fella who went and knocked on Klopp's door when Fabinho got ahead of him as a 6 and said let me play as an 8 and got back into the team.

I'd have more respect if he'd gone to Brighton along with Milner. But he seems to think that Brighton are below him somehow, his answer was really weird when you realise how well run Brighton actually are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 5, 2023, 09:28:15 am »
The fact that Southgate has vindicated his move by picking him for England is irritating too. If you’re playing Masters Football you should expect to be dropped from the International squad in place of someone who is actually performing at the highest level and deserves a chance.

Anyway if anyone thinks he hasn’t tarnished his legacy with the move, I’m sure that interview will change their mind.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 5, 2023, 09:30:18 am »
Yep.  Anyone looking at footballers for a bit of intelect, is seriously looking in the wrong place.

Of all the sportspeople, they are generally the least educated.

That's a hugely generalised thing to say though isn't it? There are players who have intellect. Footballers like everyone else including us mere mortals are a mixed bunch the whole human race is.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 5, 2023, 09:33:43 am »
The fact that Southgate has vindicated his move by picking him for England is irritating too. If you’re playing Masters Football you should expect to be dropped from the International squad in place of someone who is actually performing at the highest level and deserves a chance.

Anyway if anyone thinks he hasn’t tarnished his legacy with the move, I’m sure that interview will change their mind.
Southgate is really stranget at times.
He wont pick Sterling now who has played decent at Chelsea start of the season even with Grealish out injured.
But will keep picking Maguire & Henderson

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: September 5, 2023, 09:36:28 am »
He’s pissed all over his legacy during his time here that’s for sure.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #384 on: September 5, 2023, 09:37:46 am »

Worst part of that quote, he knows he is wrong to go there, but rather than accept it, he is actually trying to push blame on Klopp and the club for him becoming a sportswasher. Henderson is a coward, and a weak minded little man, perfect for sportswashing.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 5, 2023, 09:37:50 am »
That's a hugely generalised thing to say though isn't it? There are players who have intellect. Footballers like everyone else including us mere mortals are a mixed bunch the whole human race is.

I disagree.

Generally, footballers are really poorly educated, and it shows whenever they speak.  Listen to them and compare to other sportspeople. 

They also live in a sheltered bubble, which doesn't help.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 5, 2023, 09:42:13 am »
I disagree.

Generally, footballers are really poorly educated, and it shows whenever they speak.  Listen to them and compare to other sportspeople. 

They also live in a sheltered bubble, which doesn't help.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that then.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #387 on: September 5, 2023, 09:42:17 am »
Henderson interview with The Athletic awful
 >:(

that 2nd quote disgraceful imo

It's hard to know where to begin with these statements. He'd have been better off saying nothing.

Shallow man.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #388 on: September 5, 2023, 09:43:38 am »
Fucking hell.

How much did he pay a PR firm for that? But then, not sure there's any PR firm out there who could polish that turd.

If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."

Probably because they realised you were washed up as a footballer, that your "leadership" and "character" was just BS and that you're thick as a plank too.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 5, 2023, 09:45:06 am »
I want the Klopp what a pity gif now lol

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #390 on: September 5, 2023, 09:49:51 am »
"They have a murderous tyranny over here that executes people for criticising the government or for being gay and things. You've got to respect that. It's their culture."
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #391 on: September 5, 2023, 09:50:09 am »
Henderson really should have just kept his mouth shut and his head down. He dug a hole for himself. One lined with many millions of bloodstained dollars. His best bet would have been to retire quietly but, instead, he chose to dig himself in further with that train wreck interview. He looks worse after the interview than he did before it.

As they often say here in Liverpool. Worra tit.  :wanker
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 5, 2023, 09:50:20 am »
He should've just said that money trumps everything, and that's it.  I've taken the, even greater amounts of cash, and I'm happy with my decision.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: September 5, 2023, 09:50:44 am »

In football terms, I think his priority (at least after winning everything at club level) is England. Take last season. He was atrocious before the World Cup, goes to the World Cup and performs well. Comes back from the World Cup and is atrocious again and does an interview saying his head isn't right after the World Cup, or some such bollocks.

He knows his legs are going and he doesn't belong in a Klopp team anymore, with the demands of a Klopp team in terms of training and matches.

His priority last season was the World Cup, his priority this season is the Euros. Obviously Southgate has assured him regarding his plans (funny how he's happy to be a back up for England).

I made the point when he signed his last contract that it should have been conditional on international retirement. Milner's longevity was hugely helped by that.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 5, 2023, 09:52:11 am »
Didn’t Klopp actually ask him to stay ?  Sure I read that somewhere.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #395 on: September 5, 2023, 09:55:45 am »
I would love Klopp to refute that but I imagine he doesn't want to get drawn into it.

Henderson is making himself look a twat trying to defend the indefensible.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #396 on: September 5, 2023, 09:56:22 am »
I don't know who Henderson's PR Company are or whatever but they are fucking shite.

He comes across so so so poorly there it is not even funny, what an idiot, really don't understand why he'd put out that.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 5, 2023, 10:00:31 am »

Worst part of that quote, he knows he is wrong to go there, but rather than accept it, he is actually trying to push blame on Klopp and the club for him becoming a sportswasher. Henderson is a coward, and a weak minded little man, perfect for sportswashing.

Does Klopp a favour if anything, as being too loyal/not ruthless enough is considered his weakness.

We can't just keep players around forever. He kicked up a huge fuss to get a new contract, yet his old one would have expired last summer. Funny how contracts only ever work one way with footballers.

How Henderson can complain at not being a guaranteed starter at 33 - with the performances he put in last season - is ridiculous. The club needed legs in midfield and can't carry anyone. Plus on the wages he's on (after crying for that contract) we can't really afford him as a squad player, so why wouldn't we let him go when he clearly wanted to anyway. Disengenuous little twerp.

The truth of the matter, from a footballing point of view, is he wanted to save his legs for England and he can do that playing in a retirement league with the money rolling in.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #398 on: September 5, 2023, 10:02:46 am »
What a fucking tool, thought my opinion of him wouldn't sink much lower, how wrong was I.

Feeling the same. What a horrible fucking bastard. Hope everyone remembers this when he’s back from picking up his 30 pieces of silver and eventually tries to crawl back into the club like the rat that he is.

I for one will be booing him from my seat when it happens whether I’m 1 year older or 40 years older.

I’m ashamed a person like that wore the captains armband here and we held him in such high regard. I’m also ashamed it’s his bought and laid for mug that’s so synonymous with the trophies that team won.

Here’s to you, Jordan Henderson: Fuck you.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #399 on: September 5, 2023, 10:04:55 am »
Utterly disgraceful interview.

Never want to see him back at Anfield again.

Absolute fucking coward. Should have just kept his mouth shut if this was what he was going to come out with.

LFC didn't want you aye? Maybe they got a glimpse into what a prick you are.
JFT97