Author Topic: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai  (Read 241122 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Reply #2440 on: April 7, 2024, 11:44:50 pm »
How anyone could think he was our best player over Mac Allister is abosoloutely crazy.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2441 on: April 7, 2024, 11:50:47 pm »
I actually thought he was out best player.  He absolutely monstersed them with his movement and legs while creating chances for others and looking our biggest threat. If he only found a finish (or his teammates did from his passes), i think that's why people are frustrated, I guess.

We lost a lot when he went off.
We were actually playing better when Elliot come on instead of him

Offline LordCommada

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2442 on: April 7, 2024, 11:58:09 pm »
I actually thought he was out best player.  He absolutely monstersed them with his movement and legs while creating chances for others and looking our biggest threat. If he only found a finish (or his teammates did from his passes), i think that's why people are frustrated, I guess.

We lost a lot when he went off.

I don’t think he had a particularly great game overall and certainly wasn’t anywhere close to being the best player. For one, Macca played much better.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2443 on: April 8, 2024, 12:01:47 am »

My issue with Dom is I don't think he is technically good enough. I mean with Gravenberch for example you can see how good his first touch is and how comfortable he is under pressure and dribbling but with Dom everything other than his workrate is average.

He's out of form at the moment but this is an absolutely wild post.

The way he drives with the ball at speed isn't normal. The way he strikes a ball from range isn't normal. Both of those aspects not only take serious technical skill, but can be way more deadly and effective when it works than another midfielder who can hold onto the ball under pressure but not do a lot else.

If anything is wrong with him at the moment it's his mental and (maybe physical) sharpness - I think he's a player who would suit having some better attacking patterns of play and not have to think as much.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2444 on: April 8, 2024, 12:05:09 am »
19/20..... 12 goals and 18 assists from 2674 minutes aged 19
20/21......9 goals and 10 assists from 1658 minutes aged 20
21/22......10 goals 9 assists from 2126 minutes aged 21
23/23.......10 goals and 13 assists from 3708 minutes aged 22

This season his role has changed he is playing as a pure midfield player. Even so his numbers are.

7 goals and 4 assists from 2449 minutes and he is still 23.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: April 8, 2024, 12:09:28 am »
Right side of midfield three but with an athletic 6 and without Salah not tracking back on that side. Last season he got 10 goals and 13 assists in 46 games as a 21/22 year old in a top 6 League.

There is far more to come from him.

Balance can't be cheated. This will work if we want to play with a false 9 and a right winger who both are good playmakers.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2446 on: April 8, 2024, 12:31:09 am »
Balance can't be cheated. This will work if we want to play with a false 9 and a right winger who both are good playmakers.

We are very unbalanced though. We play with three out and out forwards under Klopp. Compare Szobo's numbers to those who came before him.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2447 on: April 11, 2024, 09:56:23 pm »
Another poor game…

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:55 pm »
Been way too lax with his passing most of the time since the early part of the season for me, running and work rate no issues but still a lot to work on.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: April 11, 2024, 09:59:07 pm »
Different player to the one who was filling in at 6 with 10 men and bossing it at the start of the season. Looks short of confidence.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2450 on: April 11, 2024, 10:03:29 pm »
Not sure what happened to him but he's been disastrous after starting really well earlier on.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: April 11, 2024, 10:04:09 pm »
No intensity or concentration, all he cares about is hanging around the box to shoot.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2452 on: April 11, 2024, 10:04:51 pm »
Erm what the fuck has happened to him since Hungary qualified for the euros. Literally been a totally different player.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: April 11, 2024, 10:06:12 pm »
Plays like a winger in midfield.

Those mad flicks and tricks in the middle of the pitch make us lose it in dangerous areas. It cost us a goal today.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: April 11, 2024, 10:08:43 pm »
Can we find the pre interview Dom and swap him with this post interview one.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: April 11, 2024, 10:08:44 pm »

Those mad flicks and tricks in the middle of the pitch make us lose it in dangerous areas. It cost us a goal today.

Agreed. Pedestrian on the ball and overly flash- a curious combination. His lack of tracking back for the goal was a disgrace

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2456 on: April 11, 2024, 10:08:51 pm »
His first season here so he'll get some leeway but he really needs to be more of a midfielder than he currently is.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2457 on: April 11, 2024, 10:20:39 pm »
Think bar the first 6-8 weeks of the season he's been pretty crap, even pre-injury he was having stinkers like Arsenal at home where he couldn't pass for shit.

Hopefully turns it around but he looks cooked.
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: April 11, 2024, 10:21:33 pm »
Think bar the first 6-8 weeks of the season he's been pretty crap.

Hopefully turns it around but he looks cooked.

He is only young to be fair, also think he has changed role and position which takes getting used to. Did cost £60m though so should expect more.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2459 on: April 11, 2024, 10:23:22 pm »
Darwin Nunez of the midfielders

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2460 on: April 11, 2024, 10:33:06 pm »

Because he's a winger obliged to play in a midfield 3. The early games in the season the problem was kind of masked by his constant running. But it seems like he can't keep that insane work rate up a whole season and now without all the running he has very few to offer. Has decent technique and passing, but mostly crossing. But he can't pass like a central midfielder and his close control and vision in tight space is certainly not up to par with the best central midfielders.

The sooner we move him to the forward line the better. A change to 343 is actually good for him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2024, 10:34:42 pm »
Because he's a winger obliged to play in a midfield 3. The early games in the season the problem was kind of masked by his constant running. But it seems like he can't keep that insane work rate up a whole season and now without all the running he has very few to offer. Has decent technique and passing, but mostly crossing. But he can't pass like a central midfielder and his close control and vision in tight space is certainly not up to par with the best central midfielders.

The sooner we move him to the forward line the better. A change to 343 is actually good for him.

I dont want him in the forward line at all. Id want an attacker with pace and who can get past players.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2024, 10:36:27 pm »
He will learn. It'll come. Transition season still even with the league battle.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2024, 10:36:44 pm »
He can't complete a pass since he returned. Literally leaves every pass short . He was guilty of this on occasion before he got injured also.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: April 11, 2024, 10:39:14 pm »

He has been average for a while. Started very well and looked at home but so I don't know what happened.

Running around is not enough for €70m.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: April 11, 2024, 10:49:48 pm »
He is really struggling for us currently. Seriously, I would rather start Clark or one of the younger lads ahead of him.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2466 on: April 11, 2024, 10:56:46 pm »
He is really struggling for us currently. Seriously, I would rather start Clark or one of the younger lads ahead of him.

Strange how every single youngster who contributed and played very well especially Clark and Danns have been totally forgotten about. I would have rather seen them out there than some senior players the last 2 games.

Offline PEG2K

• Kopite
« Reply #2467 on: April 11, 2024, 10:57:00 pm »
I dont want him in the forward line at all. Id want an attacker with pace and who can get past players.
Yes if we play 433 like this. But a 343 system (Amorim and Alonso), the pace and width are provided by the WBs. The left and right sided forwards are both inside forwards who don't need pace.

But Szobo does have pace though. Not Nunez pace but I believe he's the third fastest player in our team.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2468 on: April 11, 2024, 10:59:00 pm »
Different player to the one who was filling in at 6 with 10 men and bossing it at the start of the season. Looks short of confidence.

He's been overused in the wrong positions. Klopp has done him as dirty as he did Gakpo but we won't be having this conversation till next season.

He's lost at sea after spending a third of the season as a water-carrier RCM covering a bunch of donkeys on the right side and trent/bradley bombing forward. He's goosed now and deserves a run in the final third of the pitch without as much running to do next season.

He's the best attacking midfielder we have in the team and will show it next season. Not worried about him. It's not a miracle he smashes it for Hungary every time he plays for them.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: April 11, 2024, 11:04:16 pm »
Been shite for ages.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: April 11, 2024, 11:06:37 pm »
He's been overused in the wrong positions. Klopp has done him as dirty as he did Gakpo but we won't be having this conversation till next season.

He's lost at sea after spending a third of the season as a water-carrier RCM covering a bunch of donkeys on the right side and trent/bradley bombing forward. He's goosed now and deserves a run in the final third of the pitch without as much running to do next season.

He's the best attacking midfielder we have in the team and will show it next season. Not worried about him. It's not a miracle he smashes it for Hungary every time he plays for them.

Think we found the president of the Szoboszlai fan club.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2471 on: April 11, 2024, 11:08:00 pm »

I don't disagree he's been shite? I just think there's a reason for it. Not rocket science.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #2472 on: April 11, 2024, 11:28:35 pm »
He can't complete a pass since he returned. Literally leaves every pass short . He was guilty of this on occasion before he got injured also.

Yup his passing is quite atrocious. Not at the level required and needs to improve.

Offline PEG2K

• Kopite
« Reply #2473 on: April 11, 2024, 11:40:03 pm »
Don't be sarcastic. That's quite a level headed opinion. He hasn't been great recently but can't you tell he hasn't been used in the best way?

It's very obvious that Klopp has been trying to shoehorn every player into his unmovable 433 system, rather than having a flexible system to get the best out of them. See Elliott especially Elliott last season as the prime example. Gakpo's best position is LW and he's been played everywhere but LW this season. I think the Szoboszlai experiment in a midfield 3 has failed. But there's clearly a very talented player there to work on.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: April 11, 2024, 11:41:25 pm »
He'll be amazing in the Euros.

Proper Talisman for them, hopefully Amorim can unlock that national team Szobo next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #2475 on: April 11, 2024, 11:48:08 pm »
Don't be sarcastic. That's quite a level headed opinion. He hasn't been great recently but can't you tell he hasn't been used in the best way?

It's very obvious that Klopp has been trying to shoehorn every player into his unmovable 433 system, rather than having a flexible system to get the best out of them. See Elliott especially Elliott last season as the prime example. Gakpo's best position is LW and he's been played everywhere but LW this season. I think the Szoboszlai experiment in a midfield 3 has failed. But there's clearly a very talented player there to work on.

Hasn't Szobo played more as a attacking midfielder or even on the right side of attack before coming here? And it shows sometimes on the pitch. Doesn't look like a pure midfielder sometimes. Not a problem as players may be moulded into something else, but I really wonder what the next coach will do with him.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: April 12, 2024, 02:07:10 am »

Nah he is lucky Klopp cares about pressing the most.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: April 12, 2024, 02:31:05 am »
he had the 2nd highest pass competiton of the midfielder on the team, only behind jones.

He looked gassed doing basically everything at times early in the season then got a hamstring injury and lineup have not been very consistent with the injuries

Strange how every single youngster who contributed and played very well especially Clark and Danns have been totally forgotten about. I would have rather seen them out there than some senior players the last 2 games.
Danns got a concussion and not getting in over the senior player. Play a 19 in Midfield ina  European Quarterfinal over your seniors midfielders who done the job been there is a very bad idea.

He legit the most attacking Midfielder on the team bar Elliott. Everything just suggestions if you think it just doing the running idk what your watching.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: April 12, 2024, 06:30:22 am »
In the modern game Szoboslai is very much an 8. Especially given ours 8s are more attacking than they used to be. Suggesting Klopp is too tactically inflexible to get the most out of him is odd - you want Klopp to change our system? To what?  I do think we’re missing athleticism in midfield and so we rely too much on Szoboslai’s. But that’s a failure of recruitment (Grav and Endo) rather than his fault.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2479 on: April 12, 2024, 06:54:47 am »

Never mind we only have another eight games to put with him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"