Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 218733 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #720 on: September 3, 2023, 04:14:16 pm »
Think he played well but I'm really not keen on him as the 6 moving forward.  Gravenberch doesn't look made for it either, but he's at least big and quick.  Mac Allister is great at keeping things ticking over, but he's not what we need in that position.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #721 on: September 3, 2023, 04:16:49 pm »
He's got that Gini/Xabi Alonso aura of calmness when receiving passes in crowded midfield areas.

This is gonna be invaluable to us in tough away games. Love him.

Offline Markus_12

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #722 on: September 3, 2023, 04:43:33 pm »
He really is brilliant. Intelligent player who is really good at everything.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #723 on: September 3, 2023, 04:47:09 pm »
Unsung hero today, pulled the strings from the back. I don't think that Klopp wants us to play with a real 6, that's as close as we'll get to one in most games this season.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: September 3, 2023, 04:48:43 pm »
He's like a more durable, less flamboyant Thiago.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: September 3, 2023, 06:18:04 pm »
Mac is flying under the radar at the moment. Understated, unfussed but highly essential performance. Szoboszlai deservedly getting all the plaudits but Mac has been pivotal. He keep things ticking and make things easy for others

We now look so strong and solid in the middle of the park
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #726 on: September 3, 2023, 06:20:37 pm »
Mac is flying under the radar at the moment. Understated, unfussed but highly essential performance. Szoboszlai deservedly getting all the plaudits but Mac has been pivotal. He keep things ticking and make things easy for others

We now look so strong and solid in the middle of the park
Understated is true.

Brilliant game and my man of the match, just shading Szoboszlai.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: September 3, 2023, 06:23:55 pm »
Think he played well but I'm really not keen on him as the 6 moving forward.  Gravenberch doesn't look made for it either, but he's at least big and quick.  Mac Allister is great at keeping things ticking over, but he's not what we need in that position.
today was a masterclass from him imo.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: September 3, 2023, 06:24:42 pm »
Understated is true.

Brilliant game and my man of the match, just shading Szoboszlai.

me too. 

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #729 on: September 3, 2023, 06:28:28 pm »
me too. 
Still waxing lyrical about him in the club.

Can't believe the price we got him for. Maybe we do know what we are doing after all  ;)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: September 3, 2023, 06:34:20 pm »
Still waxing lyrical about him in the club.

Can't believe the price we got him for. Maybe we do know what we are doing after all  ;)
heretic.  :)

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #731 on: September 3, 2023, 06:37:59 pm »
Is he the no6 going forward. Reminds me as a previous poster said it is a bit like that Juventus team with Pirlo deepest and Vital and Pogba either side of him.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #732 on: September 3, 2023, 06:40:19 pm »
heretic.  :)
Tell me something I don't know 😎

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #733 on: September 3, 2023, 06:40:43 pm »
Case, Whelan, Xabi, Wijnaldum, Mac Allister.

A dream to play with, selfless, driving teams forward, often under the radar compared to a team mate or two.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #734 on: September 3, 2023, 06:47:01 pm »
What a signing he's been so far - incredible workrate and a great all rounder. Thought there were 2 of him on the pitch at one point, and him and Dom look excellent together already.

He must be a real pain the arse to play against, which is a quality we didn't seem to have at times last season. There's also (finally) plenty of competition for spaces, which will keep him and others on their toes - Jones looking good, Endo always an option, Thiago and Bajetic to come back, and Gravenberch soon to be an option. What a difference a summer makes.

A solid midfield will also help our defence whilst giving Trent and Robbo more freedom to bomb forward. It's all coming together nicely.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: September 3, 2023, 07:01:03 pm »
I prefer him farther him ahead but he also brilliant as a 6

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #736 on: September 3, 2023, 07:13:10 pm »
Absolute tempo setter and always in the right place today. That’s not to diminish the claims he’s better as an 8, that’s absolutely true. I’d also not want him in there against a team with physical, quick attacking midfielders, but he was understatedly excellent today.

I think he’s going to end up a bit of a Gini type figure where a massive, vocal and wrong section of the fanbase doesn’t quite get why he’s so good.

He always had time on the ball today. Villa’s press wasn’t there at all, but he creates those pockets for himself equally. He and Jones seemed to share an understanding about who was moving in front of the CBs and who was going. Good stuff and good to see that in the right games, he can be an effective 6.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: September 3, 2023, 07:24:37 pm »
Absolute tempo setter and always in the right place today. That’s not to diminish the claims he’s better as an 8, that’s absolutely true. I’d also not want him in there against a team with physical, quick attacking midfielders, but he was understatedly excellent today.

I think he’s going to end up a bit of a Gini type figure where a massive, vocal and wrong section of the fanbase doesn’t quite get why he’s so good.

He always had time on the ball today. Villa’s press wasn’t there at all, but he creates those pockets for himself equally. He and Jones seemed to share an understanding about who was moving in front of the CBs and who was going. Good stuff and good to see that in the right games, he can be an effective 6.
Agreed. He knew what he needed to do today. Pure efficiency. That can mistakenly come across as quiet or underwhelming.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: September 3, 2023, 08:21:39 pm »
So is that good or bad? He's able to chip in goals when he's on the 8 spot - but we might be taking that away.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: September 3, 2023, 08:26:50 pm »
The tempo setter today.

Thought he was controlling it great today. A long long time since I've seen our midfield have that element of control. Helps that Dom and Alexis cover every blade of grass imaginable.

Looks like we've got a handy midfield again after three long years.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #740 on: September 3, 2023, 09:03:11 pm »
Bubbling under the surface at the moment, can’t wait for him to explode. Granted Slobby is taking the plaudits but this kid is going to dictate it all.

West Ham and Spurs, these are his games.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: September 3, 2023, 09:06:59 pm »

Nailed it with that comment.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: September 3, 2023, 11:06:28 pm »
Thought he was a bit sloppy at times but overall had a good game.

The main thing that pissed me off last season was the workrate and lack of tackling. Other than Bajcetic, Jones and Thiago in the few minutes they played nobody would put their fucking foot in. The new lads all seem to do this. Hopefully Gravenberch will also do the same when he plays. Fuck all will be won if the midfield don't fight for the game.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #743 on: September 3, 2023, 11:10:28 pm »
See ….. we did sign a 6

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #744 on: September 3, 2023, 11:13:59 pm »
Mac will play 6
Endo will play 6
Ryan will play 6

It'll be a beast of a midfield
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #745 on: September 4, 2023, 12:01:07 am »
Mac will play 6
Endo will play 6
Ryan will play 6

It'll be a beast of a midfield
Not sure if that's true... Mac got the transfer thread locked again, and he may be muted for a while...  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #746 on: September 4, 2023, 12:15:57 am »
I think will see rotation with the 3 lads playing all taking defensive responsiblity.

Will be interesting to see if Mac Szobo Gravenberch play together to see if Mac or Ryan sit.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: September 4, 2023, 04:20:34 am »
Its a small sample size(about 3.4 90s) but his defensive stats this season look like that of an elite DM.

2.94 tackes per 90
1.47 interceptions per 90
2.35 blocks per 90

These numbers are comparable to Fabinho at his prime.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: September 4, 2023, 04:34:25 am »
Beautiful game from Macca today. I think his best game so far. Him and Trent in that midfield give us so much control from deep. Teams used to let Fabinho have the ball deep, because he could not do much damage. Then Trent was inverted, but they cut off his passing lanes which limited his danger.
However with Macca also alongside Trent, they can't cut off lanes of the two together. It is beautiful to have two in front of the defense who can cut through the lines from deep within.
I agree defensively in big games we might need Endo there, but for offensive control Macca and Trent is the best double pivot I can imagine.

Also, very good tackler. I did not expect him to be this good a tackler.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: September 4, 2023, 04:51:34 am »
Case, Whelan, Xabi, Wijnaldum, Mac Allister.

A dream to play with, selfless, driving teams forward, often under the radar compared to a team mate or two.

I would agree for all those candidates except for Xabi. It was clear when we had him that he was one of the world's best midfielders from his very first match for us.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: September 4, 2023, 05:25:25 am »

No other team in the league has signed an entirely new midfield that has hot the ground running like Mac and Szobo..
Instant impact..

We are in with a genuine shout this season if we can keep a majority of our squad fit for large parts of the season..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 4, 2023, 08:07:37 am »
Looked really good sitting deeper in midfield yesterday but it sort of feels like he's not being used to his full potential there. As we have seen in previous seasons and in pre-season he can offer a lot going forward

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #752 on: September 4, 2023, 08:58:25 am »
Didn't he say he prefers the double pivot position? Should be happy enough as a 6

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #753 on: September 4, 2023, 04:11:42 pm »
Mac Chereno
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #754 on: September 4, 2023, 04:25:35 pm »
Mac Chereno
Love a bit of Argie bargey in the middle of the pitch
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: September 4, 2023, 04:35:40 pm »
Argie Bhaji. Perfect name for Mac's new Indian restaurant.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #756 on: September 4, 2023, 04:39:34 pm »
;D

He and poppaDom Szamosoboszlai can run it together.

Rather like our midfield ;)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #757 on: September 4, 2023, 05:07:28 pm »
Mac Chereno
;D

He and poppaDom Szamosoboszlai can run it together.

Rather like our midfield ;)

For all those so upset with the transfer forum nonsense and looking to bin leave the site entirely...

Hang about just for the word play... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: September 10, 2023, 04:53:17 pm »
Graeme Souness:

“Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are going to be stars for Liverpool.”

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #759 on: September 11, 2023, 07:26:01 am »
I think Dom is a lock for the right sided 8.
So it’s a case of who is likely to create and score more goals as the left sided 8? Mac or Gravenberch? Goals and assists are important in this new system because your aren’t going to have fullbacks that are a fixture in the opposition half.

I think it’s entirely possible Ryan plays as the 8 and Mac as the 6 against teams that will park the bus. Against top 6 opposition, Ryan drops out of the team and Endo plays as the 6. This is just speculation, it’s difficult to know what Klopp has planned for the 6 long term. Is Baj the long term 6? Is Ryan?