Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 215712 times)

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #600 on: August 22, 2023, 07:04:48 pm »
Tierney'll probably be reffing us in a fortnight, bent bastard. Great and unexpected news though. Gives us a better chance against the Saudis

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #601 on: August 22, 2023, 07:05:13 pm »
One question has to be asked though. What is the point of VAR if they have two goons sitting watching it in slow motion and did NOTHING!!!!  And everyone said we were over the top with Tierney. He is an absolute gob twat.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #602 on: August 22, 2023, 07:07:17 pm »
Great news.  You have to ask the question, why did VAR not refer the ref the the monitor during the game? They should have to provide an explanation (other than the c*nt being completely bent)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #603 on: August 22, 2023, 07:07:36 pm »
Lineker and Shearer laying in to the decision on MOTD was a big help I reckon.

What a turn-up for the books!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #604 on: August 22, 2023, 07:11:00 pm »
Good news and the correct decision. Fair play to them for holding their hands up and rescinding
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #605 on: August 22, 2023, 07:11:21 pm »
Wonder if that would have been highlighted in our appeal? Either way, it didn't seem to take long for the panel to agree ;D
You’d think so. That type of incident is fairly common.

Several positives to take from this, but finally being able to play Alexis as an 8 is huge. He’s shown his potential out of position. Now we can truly see his quality in red.

I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #606 on: August 22, 2023, 07:11:29 pm »
Disappointed...wanted a conspiracy  theory  rant.....300 pages on RAWK at least

Don’t worry, we’ll get one of these anyway.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #607 on: August 22, 2023, 07:15:55 pm »
Seriously, though, it is good to see an acknowledgment that the initial red was the wrong call, but why VAR saw no need to intervene on the day is bemusing. Putting aside any theories about Tierney, there is still no consistency with how VAR is used and it shouldn’t be too difficult. Perhaps all reds - whether straight reds or two yellows - should be reviewed? The Arsenal player last night was hard done by to be fair.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #608 on: August 22, 2023, 07:16:22 pm »
Endo, Dom and Mac midfield

Endomac... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: August 22, 2023, 07:16:27 pm »
Great news!

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: August 22, 2023, 07:16:53 pm »
Good news and the correct decision. Fair play to them for holding their hands up and rescinding

Yeah very pleasantly surprised by this and have to say fair play and give credit where it's due.

Now, it would be nice if they'd complete the job and punish Tierney. Not having him on our games again for a while would be a good start.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: August 22, 2023, 07:29:25 pm »
I love how everybody (including me) is surprised by the fact that the right call was made.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #612 on: August 22, 2023, 07:30:52 pm »
Great!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: August 22, 2023, 07:32:53 pm »
The decision is so bad to the point I think the PGMOL who hates us have no choice but to overturn it.

Told you they have no choice. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen. The VAR officials should be dropped too.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: August 22, 2023, 07:38:59 pm »

What if we lost the game because of this red card ? fair play to them for what ?  they had no choice, literally no excuse not to overturn it.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #615 on: August 22, 2023, 07:40:35 pm »
Right decision and great news for Mac.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: August 22, 2023, 07:41:53 pm »
What if we lost the game because of this red card ? fair play to them for what ?  they had no choice, literally no excuse not to overturn it.

Exactly, there was no fair play, we were cheated by two massive c*nts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #617 on: August 22, 2023, 07:47:13 pm »
That's the way I see it. What if we had dropped points?

Also, I better get the extra points in my Fantasy team as I had Macca in there!!!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #618 on: August 22, 2023, 07:48:43 pm »
Correct decision, but my God I am surprised as I didn’t think the referees Cabal would rescind it. Apart from the red card, I thought Bramhall had a decent game in the middle. More worrying is why Tierney and Hatzidakis didn’t intervene, and left the lad to rot in his decision. The PGMOL should just keep those two away from us, although I see he is assistant VAR (again) for our Newcastle game.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #619 on: August 22, 2023, 07:57:34 pm »
This is wrong; it doesn't ever "increase if they don't agree". If they don't agree with the appeal then the original punishment stands.

It only increases in instances where they deem the appeal to be frivolous; i.e where the world and his wife can see that the red card was merited but some outraged or slightly peeved club appeals it anyway. The risk of an increase is to discourage clubs from bringing pointless, frivolous appeals. Without it there's a risk that every single red card decision would be appealed as clubs think they might as well, and to keep their fans happy that they are doing something.

EDIT: Lol at the autocorrect. Needless to say I didn't actually write 'slightly peeved'. But top marks for the euphemism ;D

Yeah I understand it's for spurious / frivolous claims - I should have been clearer. It still doesn't seem right that they can increase a ban. I agree if there is some process where a team can postpone a suspension for an obvious red buy appealing, then they should get it increased, but this authoritarian air that is always given off by the FA / PGMOL is a bit much.

I stand by my first post - all red cards should be reviewed after the games by a panel and automatically upheld or rescinded. Fuck this "pretty please FA, could you reconsider due to X and Y" bullshit.

They should do away with the "clear and obvious error" bollocks too -  how about "is it a red or not?" Full stop.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 07:59:11 pm by DTRed »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #620 on: August 22, 2023, 08:12:40 pm »
Good news. I said before it was 50/50 so I can't say I'm shocked or wasn't expecting it; the fact that Maddock and a few journos immediately put the boot into the decision, as did MOTD etc, and almost all the talk from ex players and ex refs has been that it was incorrect, and also that there were a number of similar incidents not given a red over the weekend's games, meant there was at least an even chance it would be rescinded.

I watched three or four matches this weekend and saw a similar incident happen at least twice. They pretty much had to overturn it for any semblance of consistency.
Yep

Wonder if that would have been highlighted in our appeal? Either way, it didn't seem to take long for the panel to agree ;D
Yep

Lineker and Shearer laying in to the decision on MOTD was a big help I reckon.

Yep
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #621 on: August 22, 2023, 08:16:49 pm »

Correct decision, but my God I am surprised as I didn’t think the referees Cabal would rescind it. A
Worth remembering that it was an independent panel  that rescinded this red card. Not PGMOL.

Sadly this doesn't not mean PGMOL has seen sense or anything.
In fact Tierney will be rubbing his hands at the thought of inflicting more damage onto us next time he gets our game, which'll be any day now going by the previous.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: August 22, 2023, 08:17:19 pm »
My question is why do teams have to appeal at all? Why can't this panel just look at every sending off as a matter of course?

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: August 22, 2023, 08:21:10 pm »
Worth remembering that it was an independent panel  that rescinded this red card. Not PGMOL.

Sadly this doesn't not mean PGMOL has seen sense or anything.
In fact Tierney will be rubbing his hands at the thought of inflicting more damage onto us next time he gets our game, which'll be any day now going by the previous.

Ok that makes sense, couldn't see Webb doing anything to help us or go against his gang of incompetent cronies

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #624 on: August 22, 2023, 08:22:18 pm »
This is devastatingly embarassing for Tierney.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #625 on: August 22, 2023, 08:22:32 pm »
So lets say Endo comes into the team and Mac moves into his natural position. Who ya reckon misses out from Diaz, Jota, and Gakpo ?

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: August 22, 2023, 08:23:27 pm »

I don't think that prick is actually capable of being embarrassed

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #627 on: August 22, 2023, 08:23:44 pm »

I stand by my first post - all red cards should be reviewed after the games by a panel and automatically upheld or rescinded. Fuck this "pretty please FA, could you reconsider due to X and Y" bullshit.
I wouldn't be against that and it would be doable because that would involve a different mechanism, a permanent independent panel in place all season, who would look at every incident as a matter of course

They should do away with the "clear and obvious error" bollocks too -  how about "is it a red or not?" Full stop.
I agree. Always have done. An objective correct decision rather than valorising the decision of the onfield ref should be the aim every time, with a mechanism that is fast and comprehensive and uncaring about the referee's blushes.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #628 on: August 22, 2023, 08:23:58 pm »

Nothing embarrasses that cnut.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: August 22, 2023, 08:24:44 pm »
So lets say Endo comes into the team and Mac moves into his natural position. Who ya reckon misses out from Diaz, Jota, and Gakpo ?

I would say Gakpo, Jota just seems to carry more of a goal threat, Diaz is on fire. Hopefully see Gakpo in the false 9 role at some point in the season though

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2023, 08:25:49 pm »
How many teams have lost points because of decisions like this, only to have the decision overturned later? They didn't get the points they lost back.

Thank fuck it didn't cost us. That third goal we got was critical.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2023, 08:26:30 pm »
Can we now have an explanation as to why the referee felt it was a red and why that prick Tierney didn’t see evidence that the ref had made a complete twat of himself?
One question has to be asked though. What is the point of VAR if they have two goons sitting watching it in slow motion and did NOTHING!!!!  And everyone said we were over the top with Tierney. He is an absolute gob twat.

Jürgen has actually been very very clever here. No ranting. No insinuation of a bent VAR duo. Just factually stating how VAR couldn't act at the time, allowing the review committee to quietly do what should have been done during the match. And everyone keeps face whilst sanity and consistency prevails.

Jürgen Klopp had said of the on-field decision: “After the game I saw it back. I think if you have a list of points, what we need to give a red card, besides contact there’s nothing else, no other boxes ticked. It’s a decision we all agree if he gives a yellow card VAR would not overturn it and if he gives a red card VAR will not overturn it because contact means it’s not a clear and obvious mistake.”
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: August 22, 2023, 08:26:34 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: August 22, 2023, 08:30:40 pm »
Disappointed...wanted a conspiracy  theory  rant.....300 pages on RAWK at least
::)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #634 on: August 22, 2023, 08:32:56 pm »

Very tough call. I was going to say Jota just because of the sheer size of the Barcodes D, but then i thought maybe you want a smaller guy who can twist and turn them. But then again again thats what mac is.  Diaz stays put i think. Right now for me he's replacing Mane just nicely.

Too bad its not unlimited subs like my Sunday league  ;D or even change on the fly.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #635 on: August 22, 2023, 08:33:05 pm »
I would say Gakpo, Jota just seems to carry more of a goal threat, Diaz is on fire. Hopefully see Gakpo in the false 9 role at some point in the season though
Was thinking that myself but i think Gakpo ties things together better. Diaz is scoring and Salahs not getting dropped

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #636 on: August 22, 2023, 08:35:04 pm »
Was thinking that myself but i think Gakpo ties things together better. Diaz is scoring and Salahs not getting dropped

Gakpo's ability to do precisely that, tie things together, might be being a bit underrated by those who would drop him. I'm inclined to agree, especially with both Mo and Diaz playing especially wide and inviting underlaps, having Gakpo as the 9 tying it all together makes some sense.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #637 on: August 22, 2023, 08:35:22 pm »
Very tough call. I was going to say Jota just because of the sheer size of the Barcodes D, but then i thought maybe you want a smaller guy who can twist and turn them. But then again again thats what mac is.  Diaz stays put i think. Right now for me he's replacing Mane just nicely.

Too bad its not unlimited subs like my Sunday league  ;D or even change on the fly.
You watch, Klopp will throw a curve ball and pick Nunez ;D

Think ya right aboot Diaz though and Salah plays every game

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #638 on: August 22, 2023, 08:36:52 pm »
Has the red card actually been overturned? or is it just the 3 game ban punishment that’s been removed?
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #639 on: August 22, 2023, 08:37:51 pm »
Gakpo's ability to do precisely that, tie things together, might be being a bit underrated by those who would drop him. I'm inclined to agree, especially with both Mo and Diaz playing especially wide and inviting underlaps, having Gakpo as the 9 tying it all together makes some sense.
Yup. Either way nice options to have again