Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 218734 times)

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2023, 05:52:33 pm »
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I was more impressed with him at Brighton than I have been this season.

Is he still celebrating his WC championship?  He just makes so many unforced errors and passes to nowhere.  I appreciate he has more legs than Fab or Hendo do, but his touch and quality of everything else seems pretty weak.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2023, 06:13:19 pm »
3 games you dickhead and he's been fantastic for us too.   :butt

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2023, 06:14:19 pm »
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I was more impressed with him at Brighton than I have been this season.

Is he still celebrating his WC championship?  He just makes so many unforced errors and passes to nowhere.  I appreciate he has more legs than Fab or Hendo do, but his touch and quality of everything else seems pretty weak.

He's looked good, hardly played in the most ideal circumstances in 2 of his first 3 games, too!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2023, 06:31:35 pm »
So calm on the ball, one or two stray passes but I'll take that as over all he's quality

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2023, 06:35:25 pm »

Pretty sure I'm in the majority here when I write that your post is a bit annoying.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2023, 06:36:41 pm »
I thought he did quite a lot of the boring, shitty defensive work you just sometimes have to do. Don't think him and Endo in midfield will ever be perfect physically but thought he was good today. Bargain.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #686 on: August 27, 2023, 06:37:20 pm »
Another good performance by him worked his backside off, no wonder he look knackered.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #687 on: August 27, 2023, 07:03:30 pm »

It's almost like we have a completely new central midfield.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #688 on: August 27, 2023, 07:13:13 pm »

It was "some". Not "so many". And that's because he attempts to advance play by progressive passes more than any of our previous midfielders. More risky passes don't always come off but it's not like he losses the ball in our half.

For me it's so nice to watch someone like him in midfield rather than "5 yard sideway" Gini or "instant back pass" Hendo.

Also remember we're still playing with a made-up midfield.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: August 27, 2023, 08:27:39 pm »
It was "some". Not "so many". And that's because he attempts to advance play by progressive passes more than any of our previous midfielders. More risky passes don't always come off but it's not like he losses the ball in our half.

For me it's so nice to watch someone like him in midfield rather than "5 yard sideway" Gini or "instant back pass" Hendo.

Also remember we're still playing with a made-up midfield.

Klopp has always made a big deal about players 'taking risks' and Alexis is maybe one of the biggest risk takers he's bought in midfield yet. I like Alexis for his presence already, just miles better than the running through treacle midfield we saw last year. Once those risks start being rewarded, and that will come with more game time and settling in, he'll be unstoppable.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #690 on: August 27, 2023, 10:08:46 pm »

As a Brighton regular, Mac seldom stood out as a CM genius running games, you could say the same as he quietly drove Argentina to WC glory.  With some exceptions eg beasting ManU at the Amex this year.

This summer I described him on RAWK as reminding me of Ronnie Whelan. Invaluable to any centre midfield.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: August 27, 2023, 10:21:05 pm »

Awful viewpoint.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #692 on: August 27, 2023, 10:41:54 pm »
Another good performance by him worked his backside off, no wonder he look knackered.

He is being fouled more than any of our players so far. We would need to rotate him.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: August 28, 2023, 12:02:44 am »
He is being fouled more than any of our players so far. We would need to rotate him.
yeah, he was definitely targeted today - it was foul by committee by Newcastle.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #694 on: August 28, 2023, 12:34:13 am »
Barely had chance to play the role he was bought for yet, but like Szoboszlai has tremendous energy and it’s so exciting to think there’s a lot more to come.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #695 on: August 28, 2023, 12:57:15 am »
I think when you consider the circumstances Mac has been excellent. He's not a natural 6 but in all 3 games now he's had to put in a shift defensively above and beyond what we probably initially envisioned. Early days but with how Endo is looking that might not be changing soon.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #696 on: August 28, 2023, 10:00:31 am »
So far I think he’s been out most consistent performer for an outfield player. Quality

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: August 28, 2023, 10:25:16 am »
Decent in the second half. In the first half he could not pass to a red shirt. But, he gets physically out competed at times. We had Henderson, Gini and Fabinho at our peak, and they were all physical monsters.
Now Szoboszlai apart, I think we have lost our physical edge in midfield.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2023, 02:02:33 pm »
Decent in the second half. In the first half he could not pass to a red shirt. But, he gets physically out competed at times. We had Henderson, Gini and Fabinho at our peak, and they were all physical monsters.
yesterday he was targeted and got a lot of niggly nasty (typical Newcastle) fouls from a rotating cast of their players.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #699 on: August 28, 2023, 02:42:50 pm »

I agree we have lost that energetic pressing from those peak boys.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2023, 02:46:38 pm »
Unbelievable. Literally his first three games could not have been shittier circumstances. If you cannot tell the quality that he brings you have no hope.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: August 28, 2023, 06:17:41 pm »
he's a top class footballer you can see it straight away, will only get better

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: August 28, 2023, 06:19:19 pm »
Unbelievable. Literally his first three games could not have been shittier circumstances. If you cannot tell the quality that he brings you have no hope.
a Liverpool player not turning in a top-level, error-free performance is kinda like a mortal sin for some ppl.  never to be forgotten or forgiven.  the context doesn't make any difference.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2023, 06:23:53 pm »

Joking surely? He's pure quality, takes the ball with no space around him, keeps possession, looks for the forward pass and times it well. He will help us break down 10 men behind the ball.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #704 on: August 28, 2023, 10:57:59 pm »
I love him. He's got the Naby and Thiago ability to nick a ball that he has absolutely no right to get without a hint of a foul. So much composure and energy to boot.

Klopp must love him, tailor made for him.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2023, 12:27:57 pm »
His performances have been patchy. Part of it, is that Szoboszlai can just use his physicality to affect games and make a distinct impact. Macca doesn't have the same running power or build. And, we have been up against it. Hope we see better performances from him ahead.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2023, 12:35:46 pm »
I think it's been a very good start for him here, and I must admit even though I always thought he was good at Brighton I was a bit sceptical about him here. As I say though, I've enjoyed his start and he's obviously showed us far from what he can so far (plus Szoboszlai, his central midfield partner, has been our best player so far)

The Chelsea game you could see he'd be quality straight away, excellent on the ball. He was having a fine game against Bournemouth if not spectacular, then of course that terrible red card decision, thankfully back for Newcastle where I thought he put a very good shift in. Good stuff so far.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #707 on: September 1, 2023, 12:47:34 pm »
Brothers Alexis Mac Allister and Kevin Mac Allister will meet in the Europa League as Union Saint-Gilloise and Liverpool are drawn in the same group!  ;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #708 on: September 1, 2023, 02:34:34 pm »
Brothers Alexis Mac Allister and Kevin Mac Allister will meet in the Europa League as Union Saint-Gilloise and Liverpool are drawn in the same group!  ;D

Wholesome content: https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1697586608835379395

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #709 on: September 1, 2023, 03:58:38 pm »
I hope we play them at home the last game before Christmas just for maximum Kevin McAllister jokes. Should be fun.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #712 on: September 1, 2023, 08:16:28 pm »
That was quality.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #713 on: September 1, 2023, 08:25:33 pm »
Wholesome content: https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1697586608835379395

Thanks for posting that, it really was a fun, joyous little interval, wasn't it?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #714 on: September 1, 2023, 08:29:03 pm »
Thanks for posting that, it really was a fun, joyous little interval, wasn't it?  :D

It’s nice. Although slightly concerning that for these players it’s the biggest games of their life to come up against Doak, Quansah, Tsimikas and co. And I think they’re half decent.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #715 on: September 1, 2023, 08:32:24 pm »
It’s nice. Although slightly concerning that for these players it’s the biggest games of their life to come up against Doak, Quansah, Tsimikas and co. And I think they’re half decent.

But are they half biscuit?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: September 1, 2023, 08:46:24 pm »
The biggest teams they'll play in their domestic league is Club Brugge, Royal Antwerp and Genk. They'll be buzzing to come to Anfield and play against quality players and a large crowd the type they're not used to. Not to mention a lot of these players may even be Liverpool fans.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #718 on: September 1, 2023, 10:50:23 pm »

At least Alexis doesn't walk (home) alone

Im here all day... Didumdush 😂
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #719 on: September 3, 2023, 04:13:11 pm »
So, so important to this team. The orchestrator.

I wasn't wowed by the signing and didn't get it but I'm starting to now - looks like he's been in there for 15 years.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.