Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 218798 times)

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2023, 04:59:10 am »
could see how the ref could give it real time, especially with the play-acting. VAR should have seen that there was no intent and minimal contact and ref being asked to take another look.

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2023, 06:18:48 am »
If that was a red card then players best not challenge for the ball anymore.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2023, 08:09:36 am »
Both Venison and Thompson on LFC TV reckon it was a straight red ... baffled at that punditry!  Re-watched it a few times and its a very harsh yellow at worst, each and every time. 3 game ban is a joke for that.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2023, 08:19:32 am »
Both Venison and Thompson on LFC TV reckon it was a straight red ... baffled at that punditry!  Re-watched it a few times and its a very harsh yellow at worst, each and every time. 3 game ban is a joke for that.
As a club we are shite at circling the wagons and speaking with one voice.
Was this during the game or post game though? Or pre and post replay?

If they said this after seeing the replay, it’s an act of self-sabotage, and knowing the way decisions are made in the game, will probably count against us in any appeal.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2023, 09:03:26 am »
Shown on the post match videos from LFC TV website. Couldn't believe what I was hearing, a tinge of "it's a harsh red" but adamant it was red.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2023, 09:23:00 am »
The Bournemouth player has to take a lot of the blame with the theatrical rolls, fucking shithouse, has was hardly touched the fucking tart.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2023, 09:26:19 am »
It won't be overturned, they won't overrule the referee and VAR they'll cite some technicality and that'll be that.  When I played as lad, the ref used to be the player who was too shite to make the team, reckon that's pretty apt as far as the premier league is concerned, they're all failed players who chose officiating rather than being a traffic warden, they had to find another outlet for their....issues.

The decision is so bad to the point I think the PGMOL who hates us have no choice but to overturn it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2023, 10:11:35 am »
Shown on the post match videos from LFC TV website. Couldn't believe what I was hearing, a tinge of "it's a harsh red" but adamant it was red.
Sad to say, but plenty of our ex players aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.
The ones that regularly work in the media should know how the whole game works by now and as a result it’s not always as simple as using the “I was just giving an opinion” excuse. They should know that certain decisions get waved through by ex refs, journos and pundits which drives public opinion and all too often the opinion of football authorities.
When more neural commentators have called this decision as bullshit, it’s disappointing to see a couple of ours backing it up. But then again it’s nothing new.

Just think a bit more lads.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: August 20, 2023, 10:13:02 am »
The Bournemouth player has to take a lot of the blame with the theatrical rolls, fucking shithouse, has was hardly touched the fucking tart.
Too many refs make a decision on the outcome they see and hear. He should be done for that reaction.
But there again, did any of our players get in his face calling him a shithouse.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 20, 2023, 11:05:52 am »

That's exactly what I said. You'd moan at that being given as a yellow. A red, and I assume 3 game suspension(?), is just baffling.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2023, 11:35:42 am »
It was interesting when the referee showed the red card the Bournemouth player Billingham standing behind him shook his head and his forefinger. Obviously disagreeing  with the decision says it all.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2023, 11:37:45 am »

Yeah in real time when I saw his reaction I did think to myself shit we’re in trouble here

Saw the challenge, relaxed a bit, then saw the red card come out. Madness

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2023, 11:58:41 am »

100% he made the referee believe MacAllister had performed a leg breaker when there was hardly any impact as Alexis pulled out of the challenge

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #453 on: August 20, 2023, 12:31:05 pm »
Is it a three game ban ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #454 on: August 20, 2023, 12:33:47 pm »
Is it a three game ban ?

I believe so.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2023, 12:34:35 pm »
I believe so.

Hugely unfair if it’s upheld.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2023, 12:37:25 pm »
Hugely unfair if it’s upheld.

I'd be shocked if it was...then again I wouldn't as the games upside down at the best of times!

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2023, 02:04:26 pm »
Its an absolutely horrific decision, and yes agree that if it hadn't even been a booking I don't think there would have been many complaints.

I get that the ref can make the error, but absolutely no excuse for VAR.

Still not sure they'll overturn it though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 20, 2023, 03:39:25 pm »
Bournemouth manager said it wasn't a red. That tells you a lot.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2023, 04:11:03 pm »
When an appeal occurs how does it work? Can you bring in evidence or is it not like that? It would be great to just turn on a video with a hundred examples of tackles like that not even resulting in a fucking free kick.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2023, 04:14:38 pm »
When an appeal occurs how does it work? Can you bring in evidence or is it not like that? It would be great to just turn on a video with a hundred examples of tackles like that not even resulting in a fucking free kick.
Dunno about the process but if the media are all clamouring for a rescission then the FA tend to shit themselves and give it; ditto if the media are demanding it stand.

It shouldn't be this way but how pundits and journos talk about it afterwards tends to have an effect
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2023, 04:14:44 pm »

it depends really, if the appeal is lodged by Liverpool, the refs all get around have a few celebratory drinks, a couple of hookers and then high five each other a few more laughs and send a message back saying "In our opinion it was the correct call", if it's any other team then it would probably be looked at seriously and overturned with an apology to the club.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2023, 04:20:41 pm »
It absolutely should be overturned but I don’t think it will, which is a bad call because then every innocuous coming together where someone overreacts for the rest of this season will be judged by the softness of this sending off.

They came out and apologised after the shambles at Old Trafford with Onana’s challenge, they won’t be seen to be apologising and admitting they’ve got two stinkers wrong inside two weeks.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2023, 06:04:51 pm »
First player I can remember we’ve had for a long time who is able to take it this well on the half turn.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2023, 06:10:58 pm »
First player I can remember we’ve had for a long time who is able to take it this well on the half turn.

What? Jones and Thiago are great at that, Keita wasn’t bad either.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2023, 06:19:03 pm »
We should've made more of a big deal of the Robertson-Hatzidakis incident. We did these pricks a favour by not lodging official complaints and making a massive issue of the whole thing. I said at the time that it's fine to be the bigger man and laugh it off if you believe the refs/VARs/Howard Webb will also act in good faith and be sound, but that they'd still be fucking us over at the first opportunity. And they have.

Fuck the lot of them. At best, the standard is simply shamefully bad. At worst, it's darker and more dishonest than that.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2023, 06:33:52 pm »
it depends really, if the appeal is lodged by Liverpool, the refs all get around have a few celebratory drinks, a couple of hookers and then high five each other a few more laughs and send a message back saying "In our opinion it was the correct call", if it's any other team then it would probably be looked at seriously and overturned with an apology to the club.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2023, 06:38:53 pm »

What? Jones and Thiago are great at that, Keita wasn’t bad either.
Thiago I’ll give you, the other two not even close to Alexis.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2023, 06:40:25 pm »
If we were going to appeal, should we have heard by now?

I don’t want to wait until the end of September to see him play again.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2023, 06:42:19 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2023, 06:58:59 pm »
If we were going to appeal, should we have heard by now?

I don’t want to wait until the end of September to see him play again.
not necessarily.  I'd expect to see it in the media tomorrow.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2023, 07:39:03 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2023, 07:40:19 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2023, 08:22:47 pm »
The club has until Monday night to file the appeal.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2023, 09:34:35 pm »

class words from Mac, must have been so gutting, what a wanker of a referee ruining his home debut.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2023, 10:01:45 pm »

Great response.
Hopefully his red card can get overturned

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2023, 04:45:03 am »
Can't see it getting overturned. Don't they only overturn reds if it was a "clear and obvious error"? VAR already said it wasn't. Think overturning only happens if the wrong player has been sent off.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #477 on: August 21, 2023, 06:26:24 am »
Can't see it getting overturned. Don't they only overturn reds if it was a "clear and obvious error"? VAR already said it wasn't. Think overturning only happens if the wrong player has been sent off.
Didn't they took a VAR team off duty when they made a howler in the first round? They can do the same to Tierney. Though I'm not holding my breath.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #478 on: August 21, 2023, 08:14:27 am »
He will miss three big games too. 😬

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 21, 2023, 08:32:06 am »
I think it'll be overturned.  If not they're setting themselves up for endless comparisons throughout the season where players commit worse challenges and not sent off.  Surely they're not planning to be consistent with decisions like that..