Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3241480 times)

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #81120 on: May 20, 2024, 01:31:51 pm »
I wonder if you hate it because it destroys your argument?

What did you think of Firmino playing as a centre forward or Dalglish when he was creating assists for Rush but barely scoring himself?

I wouldn't say I hate it but Darwin had 9 league goals last season. Everyone said he'll explode this season and he got 11 league goals. I expect more when he does nothing else aside from said goals. I personally don't rate 'chaos'.

He isn't a scratch on Firmino btw, let alone Dalglish...so let's ease up on those comparisons. He'll be here next season prob so let's see. Fingers crossed but very doubtful is a fair stance I shall take.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81121 on: May 20, 2024, 01:39:00 pm »
No I hate it because it absolves responsibility, Frimino was clearer not our goal scorer which was clear as day, the system meant he a facilitator for Mane and Salah.

Facilitator Firmino's best season for League assists was 19-20 when he created 8 whilst playing 3001 minutes. Nunez created 8 this season from 2046 minutes.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81122 on: May 20, 2024, 01:54:44 pm »
I don't think Nunez is in a good place mentally at the moment as evidenced by deleting his social media. Players want to play and don't always react properly in the heat of the moment. Look at Salah the other week.

As much as it's ridiculous to go in on Nunez for not clapping at a specific time, it's also a little silly to project mental health issues on to him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

« Reply #81123 on: May 20, 2024, 01:56:14 pm »
Facilitator Firmino's best season for League assists was 19-20 when he created 8 whilst playing 3001 minutes. Nunez created 8 this season from 2046 minutes.
A facilitator doesn't mean he needs to be directly getting those assists, for example, he plays Mo in and Mo squares it to Mane for a tap-in. You can dress it up any way you want but it is clear that Nunez's goal return has been poor. I'd rather he got 18 goals and 2 assists all season than 10 goals and 10 assists.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81124 on: May 20, 2024, 02:19:44 pm »

A facilitator doesn’t just mean who makes the final pass.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81125 on: May 20, 2024, 02:21:15 pm »

I hope Linda tells John Henry to invest this summer, she seems
more bothered about losing to City than he does

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81126 on: May 20, 2024, 02:21:43 pm »
As much as it's ridiculous to go in on Nunez for not clapping at a specific time, it's also a little silly to project mental health issues on to him.

Nunez has already admitted that online trolls have affected him before.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-darwin-nunez-childhood-life-27268635?_ga=2.104613960.996341396.1655621705-954261790.1638092168

Yet his spectacular rise has often been plagued with doubts. Nunez had to seek psychological help when he became the target of social media trolls whilst playing for Uruguay at the Under-20 World Cup in Poland.

He explained: “I used to look at the (social media) networks a lot - but then I saw comments that I didn’t like. They actually made me feel sick. The criticism started to get me down and I had to speak to the national team psychologist Axel Ocampo. He helped me a lot, but the answer was simple. Now I don’t turn my cellphone on in the dressing room to read what is being said about me. I only turn my phone on after games to speak with my family and friends. I will only listen to the people who have been supportive.”

I don't think it is a coincidence that he deleted a lot of his social media recently.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #81127 on: May 20, 2024, 02:21:51 pm »
I'd rather he got 18 goals and 2 assists all season than 10 goals and 10 assists.
Been thinking this for awhile. His goal contribution numbers are really good, the problem is we need another consistent goalscorer alongside Mo and he wasn't that this season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81128 on: May 20, 2024, 02:25:19 pm »
A facilitator doesn't mean he needs to be directly getting those assists, for example, he plays Mo in and Mo squares it to Mane for a tap-in. You can dress it up any way you want but it is clear that Nunez's goal return has been poor. I'd rather he got 18 goals and 2 assists all season than 10 goals and 10 assists.

I think Salah who is our top goalscorer and has been assisted 10 times by Nunez may disagree.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81129 on: May 20, 2024, 02:29:14 pm »
Yawn! This thread will get derailed by Darwin chat.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #81130 on: May 20, 2024, 02:32:46 pm »
High on the summer shopping list will surely be an elite holding midfielder. Wataru Endo proved to be a great addition after arriving from Stuttgart last summer but aged 31, he’s not a long-term solution. More quality is needed in that department because Liverpool cannot rely on Mac Allister as their No 6.

James Pearce

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5501434/2024/05/19/liverpool-wolves-klopp-farewell/
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81131 on: May 20, 2024, 02:39:16 pm »

History tell us there is no chance the club will let Nunez go for a loss.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81132 on: May 20, 2024, 02:44:18 pm »
History tell us there is no chance the club will let Nunez go for a loss.

Not sure what you mean we sold both Carroll and Benteke for a loss.

Personally, I think the squad needs rebalancing for Slot. We need more wingers and less strikers. Klopp played three out and out forwards and then looked to bring the other two on later in the game. Slot tends to have more hard-working wide players and then changes them when they have emptied the tank.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81133 on: May 20, 2024, 02:50:33 pm »
Fuckin hell. Nunez being compared to Firmino and Suarez was ridiculous enough but now being compared to Kenny. Behave.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81134 on: May 20, 2024, 03:05:56 pm »
Fuckin hell. Nunez being compared to Firmino and Suarez was ridiculous enough but now being compared to Kenny. Behave.

It isn't about comparing them as players. It was just dispelling the notion that the only way to judge centre forwards is on the number of goals they scored.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #81135 on: May 20, 2024, 03:25:18 pm »
There's a Nunez thread where all of the arguments for and against can be found 100 times
Could we save this thread for actual transfer stuff?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #81136 on: May 20, 2024, 03:46:31 pm »
Not sure what you mean we sold both Carroll and Benteke for a loss.

Personally, I think the squad needs rebalancing for Slot. We need more wingers and less strikers. Klopp played three out and out forwards and then looked to bring the other two on later in the game. Slot tends to have more hard-working wide players and then changes them when they have emptied the tank.

Benteke wasn't sold for a loss.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #81138 on: May 20, 2024, 03:52:37 pm »
Benteke wasn't sold for a loss.

We paid £32.5m for him and sold him for £27m + add ons. Even if all the addons were met which isn't likely the maximum fee would have been £32m.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81139 on: May 20, 2024, 03:58:41 pm »
Get 89 points but fucked up badly. Quite a take that.

Yes, they fucked up badly by spending £65 million on Havertz. A proper No.9 would have got them the league title this season. You love to criticise our club when we don't make the right signing, but for some reason praise other clubs for doing the same mistake. Funny "fan" base we have ...

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81140 on: May 20, 2024, 04:00:11 pm »
Yes, they fucked up badly by spending £65 million on Havertz. A proper No.9 would have got them the league title this season. You love to criticise our club when we don't make the right signing, but for some reason praise other clubs for doing the same mistake. Funny "fan" base we have ...

Eh? Harvertz is a twat but he's made them a better team, he's like their Bobby Firmino, their problems have been they have no Salah/Mane banging in their goals from the space Havertz makes.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81141 on: May 20, 2024, 04:02:51 pm »

;D This wont go down well on here

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81142 on: May 20, 2024, 04:03:23 pm »
Strikes me a really interesting summer this. It feels like previous years there were a few nailed on things, but across the board with other teams it all feels really uncertain. Chelsea could do absolutely anything, including sales. Utd will have a new manager and potentially a fire sale. Arsenal it'll be interesting to see who they manage to get in to try and really match City. Will Newcastle hold on to Bruno and Isak? Will PSG make a big splash now Mbappe's gone.

Going to be fascinating to see how we go about business. I'm sure I read somewhere Edwards a Bruno G fan, and with that release clause, I wonder if we drop the Caicedo money finally.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81143 on: May 20, 2024, 04:04:23 pm »
Isn't he from the Wan-Bissaka school of full-backs? Never seen him do anything with the ball.

I think that he is better than Wan-Bissaka in the attacking half, and I wouldn't mind a solid defensive left fullback, with Trent at the other side ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81144 on: May 20, 2024, 04:08:17 pm »
A few rumours that we may trigger Sesko's release clause.  :D

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81145 on: May 20, 2024, 04:12:34 pm »
would mean Nunez's leaving
Will Sesko be better than Nunez im not so sure.

would be a strange move from us imo

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81146 on: May 20, 2024, 04:16:03 pm »

Says the guy who pissed off for a while when we lost to Arsenal saying we didnt have the mentality to win the league. Do you need reminding of that again?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81147 on: May 20, 2024, 04:28:04 pm »
Eh? Harvertz is a twat but he's made them a better team, he's like their Bobby Firmino, their problems have been they have no Salah/Mane banging in their goals from the space Havertz makes.

Exactly. They didn't need a Firmino type ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81148 on: May 20, 2024, 04:30:54 pm »
Says the guy who pissed off for a while when we lost to Arsenal saying we didnt have the mentality to win the league. Do you need reminding of that again?

I just took a break from moaners like you. And it was the right decision. Because our team this season didn't have the mentality and maturity to win the league, reading the posts of the usual suspects was painful. By the way, my condolences to you for your favorite club Arsenal not winning the league ...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81149 on: May 20, 2024, 04:32:13 pm »
With this, we declare the summer transfer forum officially open.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #81150 on: May 20, 2024, 04:34:16 pm »

FWIW I don’t think we as a club have made many mistakes in the market in terms of who we’ve brought in. They’re all good players and I have full faith they’ll all pan out. Our biggest mistakes over the most recent windows have been putting all of our eggs in one basket and ending up with egg all of our face. Quite why that’s happened I’ve no idea. We’ve all read the quotes over the years, how Edwards said agent relationships were a huge part of the job, maybe we lost some of that when he left because the drawn out pursuits of Tchouameni and Bellingham were both naive and costly. We thankfully had options after Bellingham and still landed a world class player in Mac Allister, that summer still felt bizarre, how we pursued Caicedo and Lavia all summer only to walk away empty-handed I’ll never know. Gravenberch at the death was a nice consolation prize who I’m probably more optimistic on than most, I think there’s another Gini in there just waiting to be unlocked, he probably needed a couple of years at a mid table club first but I can still see him being brilliant.

If you don’t think Arsenal have signed well in the market then fair enough, each to their own. I felt like for a while we set the standard in the transfer market, we signed players who consistently exceeded expectations and their price tag, it allowed us to push City as much as we did despite spending much smaller sums. That’s essentially what Arsenal have been doing now and I think they deserve credit for it. In a world where so many clubs are competing for signings, they have their strategy and profile of player absolutely nailed, something we used to do and something City have always done with their endless funds. I expect us to return to those levels now a clear structure is in place and there’s now an opportunity for the whole club to reset post Jurgen/Gordon. I’ve said in here a few times I still think the biggest improvement we can make next season will be our existing players improving, there’s so much potential in this team and potential always takes time to be reached. Jurgen might not have got the fairytale ending, but I do think he’s left a really exciting group of players who really could be special in a couple of years.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #81151 on: May 20, 2024, 04:35:44 pm »

Seems like a 1 in 2 kind of striker, in a good way, and only 20.
Highly rated......
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81152 on: May 20, 2024, 04:36:42 pm »
:D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81153 on: May 20, 2024, 04:39:33 pm »
The Nordsjaelland vs Midtjylland game starts in 20 minutes. In case anyone wants to watch Dario Osorio, who we've been linked with ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81154 on: May 20, 2024, 04:39:33 pm »

Not until Supreme Leader Ayotollah Mac declares it.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #81155 on: May 20, 2024, 04:42:14 pm »

"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81156 on: May 20, 2024, 04:44:28 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81157 on: May 20, 2024, 04:45:10 pm »
I just took a break from moaners like you. And it was the right decision. Because our team this season didn't have the mentality and maturity to win the league, reading the posts of the usual suspects was painful. By the way, my condolences to you for your favorite club Arsenal not winning the league ...

Shat the bed apparently and that Klopp’s resignation has not influenced in the right way I thought you said, right? Funny way of stepping away from people attacking the side by then you having a go at them and questioning their mentality.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81158 on: May 20, 2024, 04:46:31 pm »
Exactly. They didn't need a Firmino type ...

They scored a lot of goals. Unfortunately they fell short of a bunch of cheats. It can happen to anyone.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81159 on: May 20, 2024, 04:50:03 pm »
Seems like a 1 in 2 kind of striker, in a good way, and only 20.
Highly rated......

He has lots of potential but is far too raw and rough around the edges. Doesn’t seem a very Liverpool signing considering who is now at the club. Presses well though.