Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3229696 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #80480 on: May 13, 2024, 07:55:00 pm »
basically, despise hating every moment of being there, Barca are so broke that they can’t afford to pay another manager out of their contract so they guilt tripped Xavi into staying.

Same as Samie and his pet goat.

Might need to get OFSTED on your arse again. Pretending to live as a Geography teacher yer fuckin' criminal.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80481 on: May 13, 2024, 07:56:29 pm »
Get us the names of the second club candidates.

A team in Portugal, Belgium and France are/were rumoured Mongy.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #80482 on: May 13, 2024, 07:56:42 pm »
Might need to get OFSTED on your arse again. Pretending to live as a Geography teacher yer fuckin' criminal.
OFSTED? completed it mate ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80483 on: May 13, 2024, 10:17:11 pm »
Zirkzee looks a bit of a player. Is he rated?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #80484 on: May 13, 2024, 10:19:12 pm »
Get some athletic gods.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80485 on: May 13, 2024, 10:21:52 pm »
Watching the Villa game tonight we need a CB - LB - DM - LW -STR its alot but its needed desperately now that was a shocking collapse tonight.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80486 on: May 13, 2024, 10:26:33 pm »
Hope the club don't listen to Mac and we get a DM as our first signing.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80487 on: May 13, 2024, 10:28:19 pm »
Zirkzee looks a bit of a player. Is he rated?

Been heavily linked with Arsenal. Any reason he didn’t succeed at Bayern?

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #80488 on: May 13, 2024, 10:28:57 pm »
Watching the Villa game tonight we need a CB - LB - DM - LW -STR its alot but its needed desperately now that was a shocking collapse tonight.
If Salah goes you can add a right winger too

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80489 on: May 13, 2024, 10:34:17 pm »
If Salah goes you can add a right winger too

Should we also sell Salah, Niko Williams and Olise either side would be nice  :P

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80490 on: May 13, 2024, 10:44:57 pm »
Get some athletic gods.

Pretty much this, we need to add more physicality through the spine of the team. So easy to play against and through

The majority of the money needs to go on a 6 and a centre back

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #80491 on: May 13, 2024, 10:51:20 pm »
Pretty much this, we need to add more physicality through the spine of the team. So easy to play against and through

The majority of the money needs to go on a 6 and a centre back

And some midfielders who aren’t scared to put a foot in and not shit out of every 50/50.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80492 on: May 13, 2024, 10:53:35 pm »
We do need an athletic, built like brick hithouse #6 and one who can play too.  France have them made by a conveyor belt. Get one in.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #80493 on: May 13, 2024, 10:56:07 pm »
Sign a boss defensive midfielder
Sign a boss centre half
Sign a boss left winger

That should all be doable without having to move a single player on, which of course we will do. Squad players should bring in a respectable amount and I expect a couple of first teamers might be moved on themselves so no time for penny pinching and starting Slot off on the wrong foot. Add some more top quality players on top of what's here. We're well stacked on squad players.

Left wing intrigues me. Not sure who really stands out, maybe Edwards will favour someone who hasn't actually been playing there and can sort of be moulded into what we're looking for. Hope the super duper nerd computer doesn't tell him it's the one from Leeds, we need real quality that's made an impact on top level football.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80495 on: May 13, 2024, 11:25:58 pm »
See I give you easy work. Tepid would've asked you to point out Luxembourg on a map.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80496 on: May 13, 2024, 11:33:46 pm »
The recruitment needs a refresh. Im not sold on the players we have purchased since summer 2022 and we seem to have got the balance wrong. Our best players are still the ones that were here from at least 2018.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80497 on: May 13, 2024, 11:37:49 pm »
Crying out for an upgrade on Diaz. I know people have bigger question marks over Nunez and Gakpo, but he’s the only one who I can’t see improving.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80498 on: May 13, 2024, 11:42:14 pm »
Yeah we need speed demons on the wing again.  Mo's pace at the top levle is gone and Diaz only does it occasions.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80499 on: May 14, 2024, 12:09:13 am »
Yeah we need speed demons on the wing again.  Mo's pace at the top levle is gone and Diaz only does it occasions.
I want to see Mo as a centre-forward. We did it once, he scored a hat-trick, and we never did it again. I don't understand why. There's no shame in once-great wide players moving centrally - they all do it. There are also plenty of forwards who lost their pace but still remained a goal threat because of their movement and finishing ability. Our right-hand side has become too predictable.

I suppose the only issue is that we'd then have 4 players for one position and a solitary winger who isn't actually that good, but blame that on our squad planning.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80500 on: May 14, 2024, 12:14:30 am »
I want to see Mo as a centre-forward. We did it once, he scored a hat-trick, and we never did it again. I don't understand why. There's no shame in once-great wide players moving centrally - they all do it. There are also plenty of forwards who lost their pace but still remained a goal threat because of their movement and finishing ability. Our right-hand side has become too predictable.

I suppose the only issue is that we'd then have 4 players for one position and a solitary winger who isn't actually that good, but blame that on our squad planning.

He could move into a centre forwards role but I dont see it happening as part of a lone forward. These days Mo is best when on the ball facing the goal and having that space afforded to him to be creative. Dont believe that him being kicked by defenders with his back to goal will help him.

He would have to play alongside another striker.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80501 on: May 14, 2024, 12:27:37 am »

That was when he was quicker. He can't play as a striker because he doesn't enjoy the physical part of the game. Instead of tussling with fullbacks which he's struggling with now, he'd be tussling with stronger centrehalves and his holdup play is just not good enough for that role neither does he have the pace to run the channels.

If you play him behind the striker, it's effectively a midfied role. Can we carry someone that doesn't commit to tackles nor track back in the middle? It would be a lot easier to play through us than it is now.

IMO, a team can only carry one player. We're currently carrying two in Trent and Mo on the same side as well which is overkill. We need to be and play as a team again. If not, then the individuals being carried need to put in 8/10s regularly to justify it. I remember the chat about changing things to "carry" Fab before he was sold. If we're doing that for 2 players then we're not a team anymore.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 12:31:08 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #80502 on: May 14, 2024, 12:48:42 am »
Yeah we need speed demons on the wing again.  .

Damn that Mane was good.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80503 on: May 14, 2024, 01:17:25 am »
That was when he was quicker. He can't play as a striker because he doesn't enjoy the physical part of the game. Instead of tussling with fullbacks which he's struggling with now, he'd be tussling with stronger centrehalves and his holdup play is just not good enough for that role neither does he have the pace to run the channels.

If you play him behind the striker, it's effectively a midfied role. Can we carry someone that doesn't commit to tackles nor track back in the middle? It would be a lot easier to play through us than it is now.

IMO, a team can only carry one player. We're currently carrying two in Trent and Mo on the same side as well which is overkill. We need to be and play as a team again. If not, then the individuals being carried need to put in 8/10s regularly to justify it. I remember the chat about changing things to "carry" Fab before he was sold. If we're doing that for 2 players then we're not a team anymore.
He doesn't necessarily have to be physical. Jota does just fine. I think it could work, and if it's not an option then I think he's better off being sold while we can still get money for him.

Alisson
Bradley    Konate   Virgil    Robertson
Trent    CDM
RW             Mac Allister              LW
Salah

If we nailed those two wingers - find Slot's Mane basically - I think that general line up would work well. Obviously I'd have Jota in there but you can't count on his fitness. I also don't think we will realistically sign a 6 given that we'd also have Endo, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, Szoboszlai.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #80504 on: May 14, 2024, 03:11:10 am »
He doesn't necessarily have to be physical. Jota does just fine. I think it could work, and if it's not an option then I think he's better off being sold while we can still get money for him.

Alisson
Trent    CDM
Salah

If we nailed those two wingers - find Slot's Mane basically - I think that general line up would work well. Obviously I'd have Jota in there but you can't count on his fitness. I also don't think we will realistically sign a 6 given that we'd also have Endo, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, Szoboszlai.

Agreed. We would need a bigger, more athletic winger to pair with Mo and Mac Allister. I think Szboszlai might make a great winger in a 4-2-3-1. Either side depending on the balance. Szobo loves running. Slot should let him focus on doing that at an elite level. He was killing teams with those long out-to-in runs at the beginning of the season. It disappeared from his game in the second half of the season, with the odd reappearance here and there, like home to Chelsea.

Szobo moving forward might also free up a spot for an DM. I think we need one. Not just any, but one would who reads the game exceptionally well. We give up so many goals from bad positioning in transition. The midfielders just aren't in the right place at the right time. We need a DM who knows where to be and can get there on time. (Endo knows where to be, to be fair, but he doesn't always get there.) I'm not even sure a new DM would need to be top class in other aspects of the game. I would thrilled to have one who can read the game as well as Lucas could.         
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 03:14:15 am by wemmick »

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80505 on: May 14, 2024, 06:11:27 am »

Alisson
Trent    CDM
Salah

As we buy cheaper than most

DM - Fofana / Wiefer £25m
LW - Summerville  £25m
CB - Hancko - £35m  also get Tosin on a free

should we need a right wing Gilherme (Palmeiras) should be around £20m

£85m (£105m with RW) without sale and should improve us alot.

Diaz     £65m - £85m
Endo    £15m  - £20m

wages saved from big earners like Thiago around £18m a year.

Niko Williams would be great buy at £43m but his wages are big about £200k
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:19:28 am by Lubeh »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80506 on: May 14, 2024, 07:47:01 am »
We've been dribbled past more than any other side. A top mobile DM has to be the priority. Mac Allister isn't a no.6
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80507 on: May 14, 2024, 07:57:34 am »
We've been dribbled past more than any other side. A top mobile DM has to be the priority. Mac Allister isn't a no.6
yep so easy to beat us in duels
no more weak & slower players hopefully
Endo done well but very slow. Mac slow too but obviously he is incredible

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80508 on: May 14, 2024, 08:05:03 am »

Alisson
Trent    CDM
Salah

Jota's hold up play isn't great and we struggle to get out as a result when we're under pressure. See Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Fulham away (2nd leg of LC) as examples.

The difference between Jota and Mo in that position is his workrate which makes it harder for teams to play out. If you want to press then your number 9's work rate is vital and Mo can't do that anymore. What will happen is that teams will play through our "press" easily and get a lot of joy.

There is enough evidence of teams waltzing through us with ease WHEN he's on the pitch because you can't play a half-arsed pressing system with a highline and some in the frontline that jogs or walks.  We played against Westham and Fulham without him and we looked like a coherent team that wasn't easy to play. We brought him onto against the latter and surprise surprise they were waltzing through us.

Carrying two players is overkill. We can carry Trent with a right winger that has a higher workrate as seen against Fulham and Westham but if we're carrying two then we're not a team unit anymore but a collection of individuals and those individuals have to perform very well consistently to make it worth it.

Slot is a manager that likes to press. How will you press with Mo as a striker?

Wuth respect to the midfield,  Trent and Mac can NOT play together because they are players that need defensive protection. Teams will still waltz through us easily with a number 9 that doesn't press and two midfielders that can be bypassed 1v1. God help us with that spine.

If we're serious about challenging for/winning the league or CL next season then this summer has to be a big summer because we need a new striker, a new centreback, 1/2  midfielders, a winger or two... etc.

Darwin has good qualities to play as a number 9 but he's just too raw and inconsistent to be relied on.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80509 on: May 14, 2024, 08:13:43 am »
Just having a look at this stat and a 6 doesn't seem to correlate with this and us being good defensively at all. In 18/19, 19/20 and 21/22 Fabinho was dribbled past more than he stopped it and with a worse percentage than Mac Allister this year (whoi get played different positions but not going through and breaking that down)

Under defensive actions:
https://fbref.com/en/squads/822bd0ba/2018-2019/Liverpool-Stats

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80510 on: May 14, 2024, 08:20:51 am »
In fairness, in my mind we are not challenging for the title next year. City and Arsenal are going to reaching 90-ish points and their respective managers and squads aren't going anywhere this summer. I like our squad on the whole, but I still think it's lacking balance in a number of ways - five forwards without a good enough winger, plenty of midfielders but all attack-minded, two LBs who have both seen their best years - and I don't think we can fix that in one window with a new manager.

Big questions over Salah then, because while you raise some good points, I'd still much rather he was a CF than a winger.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80511 on: May 14, 2024, 08:30:14 am »
In fairness, in my mind we are not challenging for the title next year. City and Arsenal are going to reaching 90-ish points and their respective managers and squads aren't going anywhere this summer. I like our squad on the whole, but I still think it's lacking balance in a number of ways - five forwards without a good enough winger, plenty of midfielders but all attack-minded, two LBs who have both seen their best years - and I don't think we can fix that in one window with a new manager.

Big questions over Salah then, because while you raise some good points, I'd still much rather he was a CF than a winger.

Dont think we can rule out a challenge, but we do seem to be on an island of the third best side, probably an island closer to the top two and away from the rest, but not on the same piece of land as them.

Said before that I think we need an injection of 3 really top class players in this squad. Our best players are still the class of 2018 and we only have one world class player under 30 and in Trent its probably the last player you would want in that age bracket (id rather Salah or Van Dijk were 25).

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80512 on: May 14, 2024, 08:35:09 am »
Crying out for an upgrade on Diaz. I know people have bigger question marks over Nunez and Gakpo, but he’s the only one who I can’t see improving.

I think that the current forward line will be entirely phased out over the next two summers. I also think Diaz should be the first to go, we’ll get good value for him this summer.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80513 on: May 14, 2024, 08:42:49 am »

Ive been thinking about this recently. If you were able to choose positions for your players you'd 100% put Trent and Salah on opposite sides of the pitch. We've given our most offensive defender, and one of our best creators, the least protection from his wide forward for the entirety of his time in the first team because he's played behind Salah, who's never been brilliant off the ball and has probably regressed given his seeming physical decline.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #80514 on: May 14, 2024, 09:03:35 am »

I think we can challenge next year, we sort of did in a shadow way this season with a terrible patch of injuries and by blooding Quansah and Bradley - which went miraculously well for those young players.

We do need 3 for the first team though, and they probably need to be nailed-on, Michael Edwards bangers.

-Defensive midfielder: must be a covering machine, sniffing out danger, Fabinho or Mascherano models.

-Centre back: possibly left-sided, around 22-25, powerful, great availability record.

-Right-sided winger: rapid, direct, probably has a high-ceiling, with high-goal involvements.

Personally unconvinced about Trent as a midfielder, which could be a big issue. But sort the midfield out and he can get back to being a world class right back again, with games for Bradley if we rotate for some CL group games and cups.

Number 9 is an issue, unless Slot can unlock greater calmness in Darwin.

If we put all our resources into those 3 players, Slot has enough elsewhere to play with for an impactful first season, provided Salah stays.

If there is a Mo transfer this summer, we'd have to shake up that forward line even more.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #80515 on: May 14, 2024, 09:07:50 am »
Personally unconvinced about Trent as a midfielder, which could be a big issue. But sort the midfield out and he can get back to being a world class right back again, with games for Bradley if we rotate for some CL group games and cups.

I don't think he wants to be a right back anymore, which could be an even bigger issue

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #80516 on: May 14, 2024, 09:16:44 am »
I don't think he wants to be a right back anymore, which could be an even bigger issue

I think you might be right, in which case it is lucky Slot will have a team around him to come up with a plan: don't think we can afford to lose Trent. 100% not.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #80517 on: May 14, 2024, 09:30:58 am »

Play Nunez on the left.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80518 on: May 14, 2024, 09:31:21 am »
Ive been thinking about this recently. If you were able to choose positions for your players you'd 100% put Trent and Salah on opposite sides of the pitch. We've given our most offensive defender, and one of our best creators, the least protection from his wide forward for the entirety of his time in the first team because he's played behind Salah, who's never been brilliant off the ball and has probably regressed given his seeming physical decline.
Yeah, at the very least they shouldn't play on the same side.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #80519 on: May 14, 2024, 09:43:49 am »
I think you might be right, in which case it is lucky Slot will have a team around him to come up with a plan: don't think we can afford to lose Trent. 100% not.

If we got the signings you suggested (positions) I wouldn't stress too much if he went, he's unique and wouldn't want to lose him of course but we've lost better (more important)

I think i've joked before that he wasn't trying to get Bellingham here last summer, it was Bellingham trying to get him to Madrid