Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3245497 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)
« Reply #62000 on: August 22, 2023, 07:05:53 pm »
Gini was a forward who was converted to a 8 so not that much of a stretch that a 8 can be converted to a 6?

Gini had been playing as a 8 since his youth. 8/10 and the wide positions.

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #62001 on: August 22, 2023, 07:13:30 pm »
Thanks for clarifying. So essentially, it’s either Andre now, or in January, if we’re to sign him.

Tough decision for the player. Miss out on the Liberatadores chance, or hang on for that and maybe miss out on an incredible move. No easy answer.

As much as we would all love to have him here now, I could easily see Klopp highly valuing the experience he is getting in this cup run. The more medal winners in the squad the better.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #62002 on: August 22, 2023, 07:14:36 pm »
Are any credible sources reporting we have bid for this gentleman?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62003 on: August 22, 2023, 07:23:00 pm »
Gini had been playing as a 8 since his youth. 8/10 and the wide positions.
A more attacking 8 then no? Pretty sure he'd never played as deep as he ended up with us (might be wrong) so he's moved slightly further back than usual, a bit like what being proposed with Gravenbach? Not saying he's definitely capable of playing the 6 position but it's not totally out of the question surely?

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #62004 on: August 22, 2023, 07:23:27 pm »
no only fellas with 10 followers
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62005 on: August 22, 2023, 07:24:53 pm »
https://twitter.com/edu17burgos/status/1693958417784746449?s=20

We've increased our offer by 5m euros. Where have we seen this tactic before ;D. Jorg has got his laptop out.

We have seen this tactic before. The last time it happened we ended up bidding 111m for a different player  :D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #62006 on: August 22, 2023, 07:25:00 pm »

Samie and some fella at the Ipanema Beach in Rio.

Well good enough for me.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62007 on: August 22, 2023, 07:25:23 pm »
How about 6.5 million followers?

Ore do you people not read what was posted last night by moi?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #62008 on: August 22, 2023, 07:26:59 pm »
Geezus i gotta get to that beach.  ;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62009 on: August 22, 2023, 07:28:44 pm »
Just make sure it's not a nudist one Bobin.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62010 on: August 22, 2023, 07:29:15 pm »
Just pay the 30m

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #62011 on: August 22, 2023, 07:33:55 pm »

Ore do you people not read what was posted last night by moi?

I knew you were popular but I didn’t know you were ‘that’ popular.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #62012 on: August 22, 2023, 07:34:00 pm »
I’m not sure how David Lynch is viewed on here, he’s reporting it as fact.

Blue Velvet was a cracker so I’m inclined to believe it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62013 on: August 22, 2023, 07:35:42 pm »
I’m not sure how David Lynch is viewed on here, he’s reporting it as fact.

Blue Velvet was a cracker so I’m inclined to believe it.

The baby from Eraserhead (Samie) has also posted some links, not sure how reliable they are though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #62014 on: August 22, 2023, 07:37:19 pm »

Yeah, Flies on yo stanky ass

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62015 on: August 22, 2023, 07:37:46 pm »
A more attacking 8 then no? Pretty sure he'd never played as deep as he ended up with us (might be wrong) so he's moved slightly further back than usual, a bit like what being proposed with Gravenbach? Not saying he's definitely capable of playing the 6 position but it's not totally out of the question surely?

Yeah someone brought up Henderson who I’d forgot, he’s another case you could say of a more attacking midfielder excelling as a 6 under Klopp. Thing is though we won all our trophies with mostly Fabinho as our main 6, I don’t think we win those same cups with any of Gini or Henderson as the main player in that position, and also I think Henderson and Gini in terms of player types are much more different to Gravenberch, especially Henderson.

Gravenberch has excelled with how good he’s been on the ball, Henderson and even Gini both made it as far as they did because they excelled more off the ball, Gini as an attacking 8/10 making runs and scoring goals, Henderson has more defensive 8 or wide midfielder tracking runs back and plugging gaps vacated by other players in his side.

Gravenberch simply hasn’t had the same development, and I’m not sure you suddenly pick up those instincts at 21 having gone so far in your professional career playing a certain way, it’s hard to be a top class defensive midfielder if you haven’t been playing in defensive positions whether RB CB or DM from a young age.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #62016 on: August 22, 2023, 07:40:00 pm »
When you look at Gravenberch, he really does look like he has all the tools.  Are people saying he is just lazy?  Don’t think he would get away with that under Klopp, the question is, can he change him?  If he can, would be one hell of a player, maybe can cover the 6, and the right sided 8 for us when required

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62017 on: August 22, 2023, 07:41:45 pm »
When you look at Gravenberch, he really does look like he has all the tools.  Are people saying he is just lazy?  Don’t think he would get away with that under Klopp, the question is, can he change him?  If he can, would be one hell of a player, maybe can cover the 6, and the right sided 8 for us when required

He has all the tools to be a world class number 8 is what people are saying, you wouldn’t sign Bellingham to play him as a DM would you?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62018 on: August 22, 2023, 07:46:58 pm »
Gini was a forward who was converted to a 8 so not that much of a stretch that a 8 can be converted to a 6?

Gini played in a variety of positions, attack, midfield even CB & outside backs. Probably he never played goalkeeper

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/georginio-wijnaldum-reveals-preferred-position-13624919

APParrently dutch newspaper AD had a graphic with him in every position, except keeper.. creatively used aLCB at Liverpool as LB.

Gravenberch not at Gino’s level or flexibility/versatility. I do not see him close to No6 nor mentally & physically  strong enough for us. He i# too young and inexperienced, maybe a few years at lower level club to rediscover his level

« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 07:55:25 pm by dutchkop »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62019 on: August 22, 2023, 07:48:57 pm »
He has all the tools to be a world class number 8 is what people are saying, you wouldn’t sign Bellingham to play him as a DM would you?

To be fair, Bellingham would be a great defensive midfielder next to Mac Allister and Szoboszlai ...

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62020 on: August 22, 2023, 07:52:47 pm »
Highlight of Fluminense , André received an offer to transfer to Liverpool . However, the club from Rio de Janeiro refused the proposal of 30 million euros (R$ 162 million) for the midfielder. The information was initially released by Ge and confirmed by ESPN .

Even with the high value, Tricolor remains adamant to keep André until the end of the season

To Liverpool, Fluminense's board made it clear that even if there is an increase in the offer, it will not release the jewel before the end of the season.

With the refusal of the Rio de Janeiro club, the team coached by Jurgen Klopp will go in search of a new name to hire. The trend, according to ESPN , is that the English will not return in the January transfer window in search of André.

https://www.espn.com.br/futebol/fluminense/artigo/_/id/12479429/fluminense-bate-pe-recusa-proposta-liverpool-andre

:( Just want Dre.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #62021 on: August 22, 2023, 07:55:31 pm »

Bellingham has never been a 6.  Gravenberch has played as a 6 for Ajax, as well as an 8

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62022 on: August 22, 2023, 07:56:05 pm »
Highlight of Fluminense , André received an offer to transfer to Liverpool . However, the club from Rio de Janeiro refused the proposal of 30 million euros (R$ 162 million) for the midfielder. The information was initially released by Ge and confirmed by ESPN .

Even with the high value, Tricolor remains adamant to keep André until the end of the season

To Liverpool, Fluminense's board made it clear that even if there is an increase in the offer, it will not release the jewel before the end of the season.

With the refusal of the Rio de Janeiro club, the team coached by Jurgen Klopp will go in search of a new name to hire. The trend, according to ESPN, is that the English will not return in the January transfer window in search of André.

https://www.espn.com.br/futebol/fluminense/artigo/_/id/12479429/fluminense-bate-pe-recusa-proposta-liverpool-andre

So, if Fluminense are not selling now, we will be signing someone else, and not coming back for Andre in January. Good ...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62023 on: August 22, 2023, 07:58:06 pm »

With the refusal of the Rio de Janeiro club, the team coached by Jurgen Klopp will go in search of a new name to hire. The trend, according to ESPN , is that the English will not return in the January transfer window in search of André.

How would they know we wouldn’t return in January? We clearly rate him but we don’t want him 4 months after bidding?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #62024 on: August 22, 2023, 07:58:45 pm »
So, if Fluminense are not selling now, we will be signing someone else, and not coming back for Andre in January. Good ...
I personally think that’s a mistake, I really like what I’ve seen. Personally I’d be signing a Centre half this window and make do with Endo until Andre can join.

Of course, ideal world we’d do a CB and a midfielder, but time is relentless.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #62025 on: August 22, 2023, 08:00:31 pm »

So that runs contrary to what Brazilian reporter Emmanuel Luiz said—"Liverpool will close the deal in the first week of September... Fluminense want 25€ with a 20% sell on clause"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL5INX7svR0&ab_channel=RedmenTV2
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:22:30 pm by Jacob Ian »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62026 on: August 22, 2023, 08:01:48 pm »
Bellingham has never been a 6.  Gravenberch has played as a 6 for Ajax, as well as an 8

So has Bellingham.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62027 on: August 22, 2023, 08:08:27 pm »
How would they know we wouldn’t return in January? We clearly rate him but we don’t want him 4 months after bidding?
It’s on brand for the post-Edwards era in fairness :P

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62028 on: August 22, 2023, 08:08:55 pm »
Just gets from bad to worse doesn't it.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62029 on: August 22, 2023, 08:10:32 pm »

Football can move on quick, if we can't get him now and want someone else this window there's not gonna be much room or maybe it's just a threat to his agents or Fluminense that it's now or never get it done. Or maybe it's bollocks, who knows.

Might as well just do the clause if we like him that much, it's an overpay but very few deals won't be at this stage, this is what happens when you piss about at the end of a window, they'd have probably been much more open to a deal in June when the group stages were still going and they could replace him.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62030 on: August 22, 2023, 08:10:55 pm »
Don't really know if we need a defensive minded midfielder or a centre back, probably both? I don't trust Konate to not get injured

Does a DM shore us up more at the back? Maybe, we do seem vulnerable at times, I prefer Trent when he is attacking and spreading passes around like he does. I'd rather see him in midfield permanently and have a different right back option but it seems a bit late for that now

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62031 on: August 22, 2023, 08:11:57 pm »

Personally I really don't care who or how much I just want us to play Gakpo and Mac Allister at their best positions.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62032 on: August 22, 2023, 08:15:15 pm »

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #62033 on: August 22, 2023, 08:15:31 pm »
So has Bellingham.

It’s whether Jurgen thinks he has the skill set for the position, and if the player agrees. 

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #62034 on: August 22, 2023, 08:18:34 pm »
I cant see any of Gravenberch or Andre coming and playing 6 in PL in the short term anyway

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #62035 on: August 22, 2023, 08:18:52 pm »

Fucking hell fuck.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #62036 on: August 22, 2023, 08:23:36 pm »
Doesn't look like we're signing anyone.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62037 on: August 22, 2023, 08:25:37 pm »

By the time January comes you'll of forgot about Dre.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62038 on: August 22, 2023, 08:27:29 pm »

Said the same yesterday. Better off thinking this way and being pleasantly surprised if we do then the other way around.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62039 on: August 22, 2023, 08:32:51 pm »
Is anyone really surprised?