Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Nottingham Forest 2 Jota 47&55, Mo 70, Williams 50', Gibney 70  (Read 16867 times)

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Nottingham Forest 1 Jota 47&55, Mo 70, Williams 50'
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2023, 06:52:30 pm »
That was Konate with the pass
I thought that was the best pass in the game.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Nottingham Forest identified a weakness and capitalised on it. Everything good they did came via a long throw. They exploited it, though it should be noted that both of their goals came via wicked deflections, so I wouldn't say their finishing was particularly good. On the other hand, we exploited their weakness on set pieces, and quite frankly, we could have had double the amount of goals we did score.

I think we deserved the 3 points ultimately, but Forest showed spirit. Hopefully they continue to show that spirit and pick up some results to send our blue neighbours down.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
A bit of a mess defensively. Van dijk isn't at the races at all and not organising. Robertson was tucked in far too much on the first goal. Normally van dijk would spot that quickly and shout  at him to correct it

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
We're going to waste a lot of time on this system aren't we.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
First half i thought we saw what we are lacking, which is the ability to carry the ball and take on defenders, forcing them to commit.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Not glamour, never quite got to playing football. Praise NF they wanted exactly what they got without the points. We got another 3 points at anfield. Move on.
If you cant play great, get points.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Not glamour, never quite got to playing football. Praise NF they wanted exactly what they got without the points. We got another 3 points at anfield. Move on.
If you cant play great, get points.

👌

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
What's the beef between Gerrard and Klopp or is Jeff Stelling mischief making? I did see the footage and it looked like they didn't acknowledge each other.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What beef? They've always spoken highly of each other.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
probably met atleast 6 times earlier that day, you dont need to wank him off everytime. oh. that might get me a ban

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
probably met atleast 6 times earlier that day, you dont need to wank him off everytime. oh. that might get me a ban

Sorry? Who's doing what now?

Asking for a friend  :o

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Very little to complain about, only thing we really struggled with was their long throws, not many teams have a player capable of throwing the ball as long, and even then the likelihood you create as many chances as they did today from a throw is rare.

Remember Stoke stayed so long in the league because of their unorthodox throwback style of play, that style of playing is a dying breed in this league even with teams that come straight from the championship, in terms of open play though they created very little.

The most important thing is we got the win, and i get the feeling we can win all the rest of our games for this season, may have left it just a little too late to get the top 4 though, but its promising for the next season with the added boost of new signings to come in.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
If they don't get a bunch of jammy deflections we cruise to an easy win I think, but they fluked goals at just the right times to keep them buoyant and us a bit on edge, making it a tougher end to the game than it needed to be.

A month ago that game ends 1-2/1-3 IMO.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
If they don't get a bunch of jammy deflections we cruise to an easy win I think, but they fluked goals at just the right times to keep them buoyant and us a bit on edge, making it a tougher end to the game than it needed to be.

A month ago that game ends 1-2/1-3 IMO.

A month ago we go in  to halftime 1-0 down.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
What's the beef between Gerrard and Klopp or is Jeff Stelling mischief making? I did see the footage and it looked like they didn't acknowledge each other.

Stevie’s pissed because he went above and beyond to land Bellingham only for the club to fuck him over
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
A couple of months ago we would have lost that. Being pegged back twice can really knock a team but credit to the boys for that. Let’s keep building on it

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Why isn't Elliot getting minutes in the right sided 8 role? It's perfect for him now Trent is staying behind the ball most of the time. And Henderson's main strengths are being neutered.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Need that to be a draw really. That would leave us 7 points behind Newcastle with 7 to play.
Don’t want to get sucked into it, but it’s not that crazy if we take care of business. We need a lot of help from the relegation candidates though. I don’t think they’ll lose more than 1 or 2 overall, but I could see them struggling to score and ending up with a fair amount of draws
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Need that to be a draw really. That would leave us 7 points behind Newcastle with 7 to play.
Yep and can't drop points at West Ham.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Don’t want to get sucked into it, but it’s not that crazy if we take care of business. We need a lot of help from the relegation candidates though. I don’t think they’ll lose more than 1 or 2 overall, but I could see them struggling to score and ending up with a fair amount of draws

Newcastle still got Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea left to play. Plus a trip to Goodison soon.

But we still need to do our job in the remaining games.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:38:23 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
A win is a win at this stage , as others have said a draw for spurs and newcastle we are 7 points behind them, atm we are 3 behind spurs so its doable especially as both sides seem dodgy atm , we can do this !!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
A win is a win at this stage , as others have said a draw for spurs and newcastle we are 7 points behind them, atm we are 3 behind spurs so its doable especially as both sides seem dodgy atm , we can do this !!
We play Spurs at Anfield before the month is over  too.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Why isn't Elliot getting minutes in the right sided 8 role? It's perfect for him now Trent is staying behind the ball most of the time. And Henderson's main strengths are being neutered.

Elliot wants to be a forward cutting in all the time, I don't think he and Mo work together particularly well most of the time. One of Henderson's strengths is that he adapts to the players around him, whereas Elliot tends to largely play the same way every game regardless of personnel or opposition.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Elliot wants to be a forward cutting in all the time, I don't think he and Mo work together particularly well most of the time. One of Henderson's strengths is that he adapts to the players around him, whereas Elliot tends to largely play the same way every game regardless of personnel or opposition.

I think it is more to do with height and physicality, plus the defensive side of Elliot's game is not the strongest. We become quite a small team very quickly. I wonder if this new set up might suit Elliott better playing as the wide right attacker though.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Steve Hunter on the LFC broadcast mentioned before the match he was walking into the ground and a steward told him he'd take three 1-0 wins for our next three matches. Neil Mellor said he'd agree. We have the goal differential we just need to get the three points every match and move up the table.

Of course, winning by a goal doesn't satisfy everyone as evidence of any post match thread.   :D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Nunez and Diaz add more to our game, both of them.

I was hoping for Gakpo to score too actually.

That acrobatic effort by Awoniyi, stunned me half dead. Hahhahahhaha!!!  ;D  ;D

And special mention to Jota, with four goals in two games after failing to score in his previous 32 appearances for the club.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Both their goals came off deflections. The second one was deflected twice
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Steve Hunter on the LFC broadcast mentioned before the match he was walking into the ground and a steward told him he'd take three 1-0 wins for our next three matches. Neil Mellor said he'd agree. We have the goal differential we just need to get the three points every match and move up the table.

Of course, winning by a goal doesn't satisfy everyone as evidence of any post match thread.   :D

I don't mind winning 1-0, but leading 1-0 during the match seems a recipe for disaster...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
I did think first half for the amount of possession we had and clear pitch domination we didn’t capitalise on it whatsoever which was shocking. Then to score but then throw the lead away due to a long throw in and also some wild deflections, it’s not great. The wild deflections I would say Robbo and Konate need to face the ball and not instinctively hide away from it. If they’d done that then they would have blocked those shots. Turning away led to them not controlling their limbs and well 2 deflected goals which if not deflected I think Alisson is saving them both with no issues.

All in all though despite that we won, got 3 points and are pushing for something to end the season on.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

I'd always take a 1-0 win in any PL match (unless we're specifically chasing goal difference at the end of the season).

I expected us to turn Leeds and Forest over easily, but it won't always turn out like that. Our problem this season, partly, is we're not grinding wins out. We either batter teams or are clinging on desperately to a lead if we do win. Our high points total seasons were always built on clean sheets and winning games to nil. We've lost the art of the 1-0 or the comfortable 2-0 this season, we just haven't had them because we've been so easy to score against or create good chances against.

West Ham and Spurs is definitely a case of just win the games by any means which gives us a platform for the last few.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:47:32 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
The first goal was really poor organisation. Everyone is drawn to the ball by the flank and a simple ball round the corner takes about three of our players out of the game and Forest have acres of space to run into. No time to work on this on the training ground as we have a midweek game.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
I'd always take a 1-0 win in any PL match (unless we're specifically chasing goal difference at the end of the season).

I expected us to turn Leeds and Forest over easily, but it won't always turn out like that. Our problem this season, partly, is we're not grinding wins out. We either batter teams or are clinging on desperately to a lead if we do win.

West Ham and Spurs is definitely a case of just win the games by any means.

I don’t expect any easy games against struggling teams with the way this season has gone.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t expect any easy games against struggling teams with the way this season has gone.

I rarely do but I just think Leeds and Forest have been that poor when i've seen them recently, that we're well capable of turning them over (and also losing to them which we did before Christmas).

Forest have really raised their game against us this season and we've struggled against them. They haven't been as open as they have in other games. Leeds only ever play one way and when we're at it they're ideal opponents.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Nottingham Forest 1 Jota 47&55, Mo 70, Williams 50'
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2023, 08:51:07 am »
In other seasons we were excellent at defending them. Not sure what has happened this one.

Yeah, it's been a real struggle since Brentford. There was a spell after that where every corner was a goal or a free header for someone.

The big issue with the team this season has been a lack of legs and structural issues around that. Set pieces are your basics though and fundamentals. It took Klopp a while when he took over to fix that after the complete lack of defensive nous he inherited from Rodgers. West Ham and Moyes next who always give you the aerial bombardment.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Fairly negative response in here to the performance, not the result.

Thought we played excellent bar the 2 shitty goals. Forest were going for it in the 2nd, they need points badly and played like they wanted them. We played them off the park bar the clinical finish in the first. Better than a lot of the crap we seen us do this season, that is for sure!

Am concerned with VVD though, he seems totally off the boil these days. Felt like he would have another 2-3 seasons in the tank but that injury has had a nasty effect.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Jeff Stelling? I don’t understand why you would listen to what some sky sports twat who’s job it is to create conflict and speculation (never mind being a c*nt pusher for betting apps) when the video is right there in front of your actual eyeballs!!  :)

For me Klopp is with Pep clearly in game mode coming out to start the match chatting with him. Gerrard obviously sees this (if he does we don’t actually know if he was even looking up) and politely doesn’t bother him but maybe ready to smile/acknowledge if Klopp looks up.

The world and media has gone mad with desperation trying to cause click bait and attention at anything these days.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 09:27:25 am by Andy82lfc »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Yeah we’re at that point in the season where you can’t take anything for granted.

Although…Fulham and Brentford are two of the very few teams with nothing to play for. I’d say having them at home at this stage in the season isn’t bad.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Win an exciting game and everyone moans like gobshites :)

Welcome to the modern football fan.

I had a great day, we played some great stuff, Forest went at it and a proper game of football occurred. End to end stuff and we won!

If you want to moan then you do you, kids :)

Great day out at fucking 3 O'Clock on a fucking Saturday!! YAY!!! YAY!! And once again may I say YAY!!

Have it! :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Win an exciting game and everyone moans like gobshites :)

Welcome to the modern football fan.

I had a great day, we played some great stuff, Forest went at it and a proper game of football occurred. End to end stuff and we won!

If you want to moan then you do you, kids :)

Great day out at fucking 3 O'Clock on a fucking Saturday!! YAY!!! YAY!! And once again may I say YAY!!

Have it! :)

That’s it , enjoy it every part of the day .

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Both their goals came off deflections. The second one was deflected twice

I did do a bit of a Guardiola when the second went in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.