Author Topic: PL: Leeds 1 v 6 Liv Gakpo 35’ Mo 39’ 63’ Sinisterra 47’ Jota 52’ 73’ Nu๑ez 89’  (Read 16253 times)

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Really wish we nicked the winner against Arsenal as it would have us in even better position.

Let's continue this and beat Forest this weekend.  Win a few on the bounce, and we can inch closer and closer.  Might be a bridge too far but who knows.

With Thiago and Diaz back and Jota scoring again...
King Kenny.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
With everyone fit next season, what’s our front 3?

Diaz Nunez Salah

In front of

Barella Caicedo Bajcetic

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
fuck it lads, our squad needs refreshing as we’re looking a bit old, and hasn’t Ox been gone for ages?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
fuck it lads, our squad needs refreshing as we’re looking a bit old, and hasn’t Ox been gone for ages?

Ox and Naby wouldn't have got a single minute had we not had the injuries we've had,it's not like they were going to give us anything,OX was embarrassing the few times he did get minutes,too scared to get injured so just stood around like a spare prick at a wedding.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Ox and Naby wouldn't have got a single minute had we not had the injuries we've had,it's not like they were going to give us anything,OX was embarrassing the few times he did get minutes,too scared to get injured so just stood around like a spare prick at a wedding.

‘Embarrassing’

‘Scared’

‘Spare prick at a wedding’
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
What formation did we play today?  Who played right back?  Trent spent most of his time in midfield and so did the other usual midfielders.  I’m really confused but it worked great.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Stuart Robson called Bellingham's performance a few months ago against lowly Augsburg as the best midfield performance across Europe all season, but when TAA does it against lowly Leeds it doesn't count for nought according to some pundits. 

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
What formation did we play today?  Who played right back?  Trent spent most of his time in midfield and so did the other usual midfielders.  I’m really confused but it worked great.

Mind games, dude... name him at right-back, play him in midfield. I have no idea either, but the last 135 minutes of football suggest it could work!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm convinced Leeds, held back from launching it into the vacated right back area as soon as they realized Konate had it covered. Happened twice (I think) in that opening 20 odd minutes when someone looked up ready to ping it long but passed to a teammate instead when they saw the big lad.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
Game was a 2am kick off where I am so just woke up to see the score and watch the highlights, lovely stuff all round.. but can anyone tell me why they spent so long titting around with VAR lines for Darwin's goal?! Stevie Wonder could see he was onside ffs

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I feel even 69 for us could be enough.
Usually more than enough for me
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline UNO

• Kopite

We are playing with one more midfielder while Ibou is playing 2 positions.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

3-2-5

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Do we want Spurs to win or a draw on Sunday?

Spurs win is best result in my opinion. It would be a massive blow to Newcastle to lose two on the spin, and Spurs are shite and will continue to drop points, so don't think they'll be a problem for us if we keep winning.

A draw is fine though.

For all that some posters are talking about us having to pass four teams, all of them are irrelevant aside from Newcastle. We're only going to get top 4 if we win all our games (which, to be fair, is the part that's hardest to see happening), which would definitely see us pass the others. Can see Newcastle dropping the points required too, but as I say, the problem is us finding our way to nine wins in a row after a season of inconsistent shite.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:10:17 am by decosabute »

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

And they got minutes last season when everyone was fit because?

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
Leeds in October vs. Leeds now.

Big difference between playing with nothing to lose, and playing under pressure.

Smash a few past Forest and erase the goal difference with Newcastle, and let's see how they deal with pressure.

Cody and Diogoal are pivotal. Although Cody talks funny.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
Leeds in October vs. Leeds now.

Big difference between playing with nothing to lose, and playing under pressure.

Smash a few past Forest and erase the goal difference with Newcastle, and let's see how they deal with pressure.

Cody and Diogoal are pivotal. Although Cody talks funny.

4th went ages ago. It’s about qualifying for UEFA so we jump two places in the league.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
4th went ages ago. It’s about qualifying for UEFA so we jump two places in the league.

Not yet. Pressure does funny things. E.g. Arsenal.

Next weekend will be huge.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
makes you wonder what a Curtis - Bellingham - Trent mid would be like (i know we not getting bellingham...

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan

Correct.
Can see us winning a lot of the remaining games. Can see Newcastle fucking up a few times. Winning all the remaining eight is a tall order, even when the fixture list is looking kind, but stranger things have happened.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
The pressing was great. Leeds are poor but that’s not why Liverpool’s strategic press was effective. For the first time in ages we were swarming around them and winning the ball back. Encouraging.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

I think even winning the remaining fixtures doesn’t get us fourth.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
And they got minutes last season when everyone was fit because?
Because they still had over a year left on their contracts, still time to prove they deserved a new one. As soon as the decision's made to cut ties it's much easier to leave them out.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Same side against Forest then we have West Ham away.

Both games will give us an idea of where we are.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great to see we finally have some depth and competition in the forward positions now that everyone's fit,we can even rotate which seems an unheard luxury for us.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
great result against a poor team - if that makes sense

need to keep the momentum going

great to see the goals going in once more

onwards and upwards
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Biggest win there in our history. 28 per cent of our 50 biggest away wins have come under klopp.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:46:44 am by End Product »
No time for caution.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Fantastic to watch and a much needed tonic.

After years of the stress of having so much riding on every game while battling for trophies, I was just starting to come around to the idea that I would enjoy watching the rest of the season almost as a free-hit experimentation of how Klopp would set up his future team, without caring so much about results. Now I'm starting to worry Top 4 might be back on...?!  :D

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
awesome performance

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Anyone got one of those average position maps for the lads last night?

Seems a great variation to play in the games we'll dominate. Was really interesting to watch. We got even more space in the 2nd half when they tried to stand someone on top of Trent. I'm not as fluent tactically as some of you poindexters, but it's a really exciting change up.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I saw a couple of slight changes in how we played versus how we have been playing. Yes Trent was playing in midfield but there were a couple of other less obvious changes.

Firstly we were far more direct and we ran at their midfield and defence more. By doing so we took the risk that we’d lose the ball but we backed ourselves that we wouldn’t. Jones did this particularly well. Recently we have been looping back towards safety which slowed down our attacks. Yesterday we burst past tackles and carried the ball forward much more effectively.

The second change was that we spotted the pass quickly and took it. Jones’ ball to Jota, Henderson to Jota and Trent to Nunez all resulted in goals. All were brilliant passes and we didn’t hesitate as we have been doing.

Some of this could be confidence or some could be because Klopp has reminded them what to do.

There was very little of the cautious sideways and backwards passing that we have seen. It was replaced with a much more direct and risky style which was a joy to watch.
#JFT97

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
All rather feast-or-faminey lately. But I get that's better than the famine-or-famine earlier in the season  ;D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Direct football. Why would we ever want to be direct when you have speed merchants like Salah, Gapko, Nunez etc as options. Surely that wouldn't be the best way forward as have we ever shown the ability to hit teams quickly?

Kidding aside it was so refreshing to see us with a little energy as we have made the pitch look like quicksand at times this season. Thing is other teams have played poorly and squeezed out numerous 1-0 wins this year. That is why they sit above us in the table as no point winning games with 6,7or 9 goals when the next week you can't hit a barn door. Fingers crossed the hot / cold spell is over and we can be more consistent. We have had the players available for the majority of the season to win most of our games but just lacked the confidence and energy to do so.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It was so nice seeing all those forward options come on last night, and then Thiago too. We’ve seen plenty of false dawns this season obviously, but does feel like the players seemed happier last night and you feel the potential is there to try and build some momentum. Might not be enough for top 4, well just have to see but either way we need to chase down as many teams as we can and see what happens.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully, we can string a few of these performances together.