Author Topic: PL: Leeds 1 v 6 Liv Gakpo 35’ Mo 39’ 63’ Sinisterra 47’ Jota 52’ 73’ Nuρez 89’  (Read 16259 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Approaching 50% maybe. Newcastle are going to drop points and if we win our last 8 we'd be above Villa and Spurs. It's relying on them dropping 9 though which isn't that unrealistic from their 8 games.

It's a big ask for us to win all 8 though, we need a bit of margin for error. Those 2 points from 4 games either side of the internationals killed us. The schedule was always going to open for us after that Arsenal game. We fucked it at Bournemouth.

Too little, too late IMO.
Plus we have not shown we can win games on the trot this season.
Highly unlikely scenarios.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great performance tonight. Rolled back a couple of years there

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What is our chances of getting top 4 if we win all remaining games
We'll get it 100% but easier said than done.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Libpool taking the piss, Libpool Libpool taking the piss......
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
The game also didn't have any instances of a member of the officiating team assaulting one of our players, which makes a welcome change.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedDevo

• Main Stander
Newcastle would have to lose 3 of their last 8 games. They've only lost 4 all season (twice to us).

Newcastle    W4 D3 L1 = 71pts
Liverpool     W8 D0 L0 = 71pts

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Libpool taking the piss, Libpool Libpool taking the piss......
Spurs and Newcastle are inconsistent teams. IF we win our remaining games (big ask), we'll finish above them.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Can someone please send help?

Preferably one of those St. Bernard mountain rescue dogs with a barrel of brandy round its neck.

I'm starting to believe Curtis might make a decent replacement for Hendo in the future.

I apologise for any upset this view might cause amongst fellow Rawkites.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Jota gave the ball away 15 times in the first 30 minutes according to Sky ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
Lovely stuff, chuffed for Jones and Jota after their injury travails in particular.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Good win and a good performance, apart from the first 25 mins and Konate's brainfart I guess.

Happy for Jota to finally get a couple of goals, once his game improved, ours did too. Jones was good on the ball, which is what we've seen before his injury issues.

Would be nice if we spread the goals over a few games instead of this feast or famine bollocks!

No point looking at the table till after the Spurs game. Till then we have them and Forest to take care of.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
Out of curiosity, why wasn't the first goal handball?  Was it because Trent didn't score, or was it because he played a 1-2 with Mo before the assist?

(Apologies if that's been answered in a previous page - haven't read them all).

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Fuck me Leeds were absolutely dire. Konate brain fart aside, we played well against a very poor opposition and were unrelenting in chasing more goals which was great to see.

The inconvenient truth we've all been in denial about for so long: Trent's a midfielder. And a very, very fucking good one at that.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Jota gave the ball away 15 times in the first 30 minutes according to Sky ;D

sounds about right. He seemed to be thinking he was playing in white in much of the 1st half!

Once he got his goal, he looked like the Jota we know and love though  8)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me Leeds were absolutely dire. Konate brain fart aside, we played well against a very poor opposition and were unrelenting in chasing more goals which was great to see.

The inconvenient truth we've all been in denial about for so long: Trent's a midfielder. And a very, very fucking good one at that.

It was a brain fart but he'd have been ok had (forget his name) not caught his heal after the poor touch.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
From the pre-match thread

"Here's my positive prediction. We'll score a few tonight. It's gonna be fun to watch. There you go."

Take a bow son !

Delighted for everyone, particularly the Travelling Kop.

For 88 minutes we were in control. That 2 minute start to the second half was emblematic, predictably horrendous and needlessly idiotic. Otherwise just good news all-around. What a difference it makes having a fit squad to pick from. Shame it's probably well too late but I do think we'll have a couple more smashers before the season is out.

Thanks Reds.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Newcastle    W4 D3 L1 = 71pts
Liverpool     W8 D0 L0 = 71pts

Their only 2 bankers are home to Soton and Leicester.
Leeds and Everton away will be tough.
Chelsea away, Arsenal and Brighton at home will also be hard.
If they don’t beat Spurs, I feel even 69 for us could be enough.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Out of curiosity, why wasn't the first goal handball?  Was it because Trent didn't score, or was it because he played a 1-2 with Mo before the assist?

Too close and hit straight at him,it's a rubbish rule though,hand ball should be hand ball.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan

There was another phase of play which meant VAR couldn’t intervene on it. It’s bonkers as it is a handball but meh after a linesman elbowed our player we are due the rub of the Green. Not sure what to make of the game really if I’m honest, I guess it’s the lack of anything to play for which does it in for me but we won away and won well and Jota scored so I’m chuffed with that. Luis Diaz came on as well so all positives for me

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There was another phase of play which meant VAR couldn’t intervene on it. It’s bonkers as it is a handball but meh after a linesman elbowed our player we are due the rub of the Green. Not sure what to make of the game really if I’m honest, I guess it’s the lack of anything to play for which does it in for me but we won away and won well and Jota scored so I’m chuffed with that. Luis Diaz came on as well so all positives for me

Enjoy the good,brush off the bad and get excited for next season,at least that's how I've been for most of this season.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
Their only 2 bankers are home to Soton and Leicester.
Leeds and Everton away will be tough.
Chelsea away, Arsenal and Brighton at home will also be hard.
If they don’t beat Spurs, I feel even 69 for us could be enough.
Everton. And Leeds are awful. They will win 5, lose to arsenal and draw with Brighton and Chelsea. We will win all our remaining games, and finish 5th. In fact I can’t see sours winning many games as they don’t have a proper manager.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
Great win against Leeds tonight, also the fight and desire has been there since 35 mins on against Arsenal. We are still outsiders for 4th but 5 of our last 8 games are at home, the 3 away games are against West ham, Leicester and Southampton. Big ask to win all 8 but we have a more favorable run in on paper then for Newcastle.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No need to worry too much about Newcastle yet. We just need to focus on following this up which we haven’t done too well with other thumping wins this season.

Win all eight and it will take care of itself.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
Only a cameo but Nunez took his goal really well.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
Great win against Leeds tonight, also the fight and desire has been there since 35 mins on against Arsenal. We are still outsiders for 4th but 5 of our last 8 games are at home, the 3 away games are against West ham, Leicester and Southampton. Big ask to win all 8 but we have a more favorable run in on paper then for Newcastle.
our only tricky home game is villa at home. West Ham away may be difficult based on how they played vs arsenal. Providing Konate stays fit we should win at least 7 of them

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Newcastle will drop points, they just got hammered by villa. We just have to take each game at a time and see how many points we end up with.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
you gotta love big Darwin. Unpredictable, one man wrecking machine. Great to watch. Wish we could figure out where to play him more.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
With everyone fit next season, what’s our front 3?

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All he needs is a couple of them cool finishes and I reckon he will be a slot machine

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Also we have all of our forwards available now, we have the fire power no on else can match.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Diakpota Nulah

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo always looks so composed. I think in a free flowing Liverpool side he will be racking up the numbers. Such a cool customer.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Diaz Salah and whoever for that number 9 position, i'm not entirely sure yet.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Here we go again, the hope of finishing top 4 fire has been rekindled by this result.

It's not happening people, forget about it. 

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.

From the left - Diaz, Darwin, Jota, Gakpo, Trent ;) and Mo.

The refs will never notice. Honest  :P

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Here we go again, the hope of finishing top 4 fire has been rekindled by this result.

It's not happening people, forget about it.
Let's just aim to win every game, get 71 points and let others worry about us. Nothing to lose, we can enjoy the last 8 games (for Bobby as well)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

I think it will vary and there will be quite a bit of rotation.

If Salah is here (not saying he won’t be) then he starts. You’d expect Diaz to start but Jota could press him hard for the spot. Nunez or Gakpo…….I’d expect Nunez to start but Gakpo is a very strong contender. I’ve left out Elliott and Carvalho as I don’t think they will start many games if the 5 I mentioned remain fit.

The key thing is that Klopp will be able to tweak the tactics based on who we play and also bring on 2 to 3 very good subs who will maintain a very similar level. Hence we will be able to play a very high intensity up front for the full 90 minutes and not see any drop in performance. Not many other teams, if any, will have a similar breadth and depth of attacking talent.

If we strengthen midfield and possibly our defence then there’s no reason to not believe that next season will be a great one.
#JFT97

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
None of the teams above us are great teams fighting for 4th. Its not the same as chasing City for the title. IF and its a big IF we win all 8 games we likely will finish 4th or close to it. But at the moment we are outsiders for 4th. But while it's still mathematicaly possible we should go for it, better to try and fail then not try at all as the old saying goes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:44:06 am by Ocean Red »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Love watching Jonesey coming back into the thick of things. adamant that lads got a big future.   

So how do we top the Allison goal going 4th in the last game of the season, thats the only question.  Allison bike, its the only option.  Or a goalie chip from his own final 1/3 on the full run blaster. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
124 successful passes from Trent Alexander-Arnold tonight - his most in one game ever for Liverpool.