Author Topic: Half time: Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool  (Read 4400 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Half time: Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:32 pm »
All those having a go at Gomez it's the same whoever is playing at the back, the lacks of legs in the midfield is meaning they are constantly under pressure and that creates more mistakes from players as a result. Something worth remembering the next time people have a go at a player.
Repeat repeat repeat
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:43 pm »
yes if you missed it trents free kick was heading for the corner hendo got in the way after blocking the wall  figure

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:48 pm »
Something badly wrong throughout the team. 
You'd nearly swear there is something personal wrong with TAA, he's looked weird all season, or else maybe people were right all along and he can't defend which was masked by the fact that we didn't have to defend much in seasons gone by

I know someone that works at St Mary's College and they (Trent's former teacher) was asked about him just general football chat and him looking off and he said he looks like he hasn't changed since school, sulking etc. Used to refuse to play for the school team if he couldn't get his own way.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:55 pm »
We miss nunez massively. I would say he’s our most important player atm (bar Alisson)

It's very much like Forest away.

We can't afford to be without Konate, Thiago, Nunez and Diaz. Palace have been shit but so were Forest when we lost there. Hopefully we can pinch a 1-0 here.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:59 pm »
All those having a go at Gomez it's the same whoever is playing at the back, the lacks of legs in the midfield is meaning they are constantly under pressure and that creates more mistakes from players as a result. Something worth remembering the next time people have a go at a player.

Absolutely spot on jill.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:01 pm »
Clowns in defence today really. How shit can you be at passing and defending and still be allowed to play? One outdoing the other out there. Get Matip off, the guy is clearly a liability, get Trent off as well. Keita needs to be subbed as he will be sent off soon. Put Milly at RB, Bacjetic and Fab on. At this point I would give Williams a shot ahead of Matip who seems completely off it.

Maybe its a bit harsh, but at this point we need players who is up for a game and not constantly in fear.

Game is possible to win, but we need to be better in front of goal, make some better decisions. Would be a nice surprise if they came out in the second and improved so that we could get another three points. There have been moments and signs lately that we can create and score goals, win games and play better. We need to continue that. Forget the second half against Real, we were excellent in that first half. Find that intensity and will, that will beat most teams,

Come on Liverpool! YNWA!!!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:02 pm »
Our midfield is a bottom half midfield.  :butt

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:10 pm »
Even looking at our bench I’m uninspired

Where’s

Ox or Arthur

Jones, Elliott or a low on confidence Fabinho

Bajcetic and Carvalho on Trent and Keita off

Milner at rb
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:14 pm »
Had really good decent spells in the first bit, then we let Palace dictate the flow of the game by pressing deeper into the left and cutting off Robertson and Milner. Then kept pushing into the space between Trent and Matip. The latter both look absolutely devoid of confidence.

But you can see when our press breaks down up front the whole defence breaks down, just as Klopp predicted. The trouble is Keita has been poor with his pressing, that whole right side is like a sieve at the moment.

The worst is I can’t see any good solutions to the problem at hand. Putting Elliott in would probably have similar results. Fabinho in may help, but that means Henderson has to take Keita’s spot, and I don’t know if that works either. Bajcetic would be the most obvious choice, but you really don’t want to burn him out.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:20 pm »
Henderson with a block on Trent’s free kick
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:21 pm »
Bit like Brighton away. Lucky to be level first half. Let’s hope it’s not a collapse…

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:36 pm »
Turgid and self-destructive. Apart from that it's been great. Sure we'll pick it up in the second half.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:39 pm »
Trent needs a hair cut

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:43 pm »
You actually believe that don't you...

I believe the lack of legs is affecting the back line yes, otherwise how come so many mistakes by players are being made. Trent  has made two today, Alisson had to take evasive action to get Matip out of trouble. You think everything is fine do you?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:54 pm »
fuck off  na yorha 2b

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:56 pm »
Is it bad when you can only find one reliable and confident center back?  Usually you need at least two in our setup. 
Konate? Not playing.

VVD got a bit lucky on the chance when Trent lost the ball inside the area. He was completely static and let Mateta amble off him, reacting only after Trent lost the ball and not in time to get to Mateta.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:04 pm »

This x1000
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:04 pm »
Yep, still shit.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:20 pm »
Something badly wrong throughout the team. 
You'd nearly swear there is something personal wrong with TAA, he's looked weird all season, or else maybe people were right all along and he can't defend which was masked by the fact that we didn't have to defend much in seasons gone by

Haven’t seem him smile for ages like, it does look weird I have to say.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:47 pm »
fuck off  na yorha 2b

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:55 pm »
Trent needs competition. And serious competition, not a 36 year old or a 19 year old. The fact is he cant be benched right now because we dont have anyone to replace his quality and his performances mean he needs a rocket up his ass. I've defended him for most if the season but at this point I just dont know if he even wants to play right back anymore because he just switches off defensively. You can defend a mistake once in a while but its happening too often now. We can blame circumstances and players around him but he needs to do his bit to help himself which he isnt at the minute.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:16 pm »
I believe the lack of legs is affecting the back line yes, otherwise how come so many mistakes by players are being made. Trent  has made two today, Alisson had to take evasive action to get Matip out of trouble. You think everything is fine do you?

The midfield is nothing to do with basic errors
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:19 pm »

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:19 pm »
fuck off  na yorha 2b

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:30 pm »
I'd legit prefer Gomez at RB right now.

Offline Reflexivity

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:31 pm »
Father Trent and Father Joel need to stop that kind of thing. Craggy Island are still in this, maybe  need to get Father Jack ready to twat the pair of gobshites.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:41 pm »
one goal will do them ..

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2023, 08:44:55 pm »
Christ, what has happened to Matip? From one of the finest and most underrated CBs in the league for a good number of years, to an absolute bombscare. He's looked like this all season. All Palace have to do is keep attacking the right hand side of our defence, they'll get something.

This is the type of performance Keita regularly gets accused of even when he's been quite good, suppose it was only a matter of time before he gave the haters what they wanted. He looks like he's not particularly arsed which might explain why we haven't seen much of him in recent weeks I guess - hopefully we bring him off before he gets a second yellow.

The front three not in the game at all after a bright start, the midfield slow and ponderous, the defence gifting chances through individual errors. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like I've seen this game before.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:02 pm »
Is Trent pissed ?
More like Stoned I'd say.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:10 pm »
naYoRHa2b the new ITK. Tell us about Nunez old art and design teacher
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:20 pm »

The hypocrisy of throwing the midfield players under the bus to defend the likes of Gomez is bizarre.

You can make a salient point about the defence not being protected which means the defence has less protection but that doesn't excuse certain players not doing the basics.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:31 pm »
fuck off  na yorha 2b

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:39 pm »
one goal will do them ..
Yes!  Agree.. but we need to score it…

There chances are coming from our errors… but I can’t see those stopping really
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:41 pm »
1. Diaz
2. Alisson
3. Thiago
4. Nunez
5. Konate

Probably our 5 most important players - 4 happen to be out…

Virgil has had a stinker, so has Trent…

Fabinho has dropped so much in form

Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:45 pm »
God we don’t half make it hard for ourselves.

I love Hendo, his leadership and running has been brill over the years, but my word he has to be the least technically gifted captain we have ever seen.   Why did he close the space where Trent was putting the ball for the free kick ffs?

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:46 pm »
Suppose people in the Keita thread will still say he played well. He's a 6 out of 10 player everytime I see him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2023, 08:45:49 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2023, 08:46:06 pm »
Trent needs competition. And serious competition, not a 36 year old or a 19 year old. The fact is he cant be benched right now because we dont have anyone to replace his quality and his performances mean he needs a rocket up his ass. I've defended him for most if the season but at this point I just dont know if he even wants to play right back anymore because he just switches off defensively. You can defend a mistake once in a while but its happening too often now. We can blame circumstances and players around him but he needs to do his bit to help himself which he isnt at the minute.
He looks slow as f aswell , doesn't look like he gives a shit. Don't know if the whole thing has went to his head but looks totally off all season to put it mildly.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2023, 08:46:13 pm »

I don’t think anyone thinks the back line is fine but it might hint that midfield and defence are in for a major rebuild over the next few windows.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2023, 08:46:17 pm »
We won 3 tackles that half, can’t say that’s helping!