Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 91858 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #2200 on: November 10, 2023, 02:05:40 pm »
It's going to be a terrible weekend. Crap track, hundreds of idiot celebrities and it's Japanese GP timeslot for the core audience.

I bet every Drive to Survive episode next year has a little vignette along the lines of "Sergio Perez's form continued to dip in Holland. Meanwhile in Las Vegas....{10 minutes of a fluff piece}"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2201 on: November 10, 2023, 02:40:17 pm »
Grid walk is going to be dreadful

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2202 on: November 10, 2023, 02:48:45 pm »
By dreadful, I'm sure you mean 'absolutely glorious' as Martin fails to recognise a single 'celebrity'. But does recognise the tiger from Siegfried & Roy's magic show.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2203 on: November 10, 2023, 02:55:56 pm »

Croft is going to be dreadful. So many gambling puns. I wonder if he's been briefed to tone it down by Sky.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2204 on: November 10, 2023, 03:01:07 pm »
Croft is going to be dreadful. So many gambling puns. I wonder if he's been briefed to tone it down by Sky.

Darts starts in a few weeks. He's got time to get practise in

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2205 on: November 10, 2023, 03:02:24 pm »
By dreadful, I'm sure you mean 'absolutely glorious' as Martin fails to recognise a single 'celebrity'. But does recognise the tiger from Siegfried & Roy's magic show.

Yeah that bit will be amusing, but all the celebs with their security teams not letting the likes of Brundle anywhere near will be shite.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: November 10, 2023, 04:05:43 pm »
I don't get why security is allowed on the grid. The grid itself is a secure area, only mechanics, media and vetted guests, so the rule should be no entourage. Liberty are a media company too, so I'm not sure why they find it so hard to give their agents a list of F1 media personalities (Martin, Kai, Webber etc.) and go "talk to these people."

Maybe they're after videos of the stuck-up pricks being stuck-up pricks going viral with the #F1 hashtag all over it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2207 on: November 10, 2023, 05:01:26 pm »
The vegas track looks utterly shit. What skill is needs to drive it??

Just like the old Cesar's Palace crappy car park they used to race on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2208 on: November 10, 2023, 05:05:09 pm »
There'll be a bit of brundle that will be dreading it and relieved when it's done and he can just call the race.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2209 on: November 10, 2023, 06:06:03 pm »
Brundle has openly admitted he never enjoys the gridwalks anyway, so I’d imagine this one will be pretty painful for him.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2210 on: November 14, 2023, 10:55:10 am »
Just like the old Cesar's Palace crappy car park they used to race on.
Saw old clips of that

Definitely one of the worst tracks ever

Dallas wasnt much better
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2211 on: November 14, 2023, 12:58:11 pm »
Bit of an unknown with the track temps set to be so low. Could be some surprises

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2212 on: November 14, 2023, 01:28:13 pm »
Saw old clips of that

Definitely one of the worst tracks ever

Dallas wasnt much better

Cesar's Palace and Dallas were probably the worst ever tracks in F1. Neither place worked and most of the drivers despised it and said so.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2213 on: November 14, 2023, 01:37:22 pm »
I hear it's 10pm local start time, i know Singapore starts at 8pm at least it's peak viewing local time, but 10pm feels a strange time to start a race, what audience [particularly TV audience] are F1 trying to get, certainly not in the US [as that'll be 1am start time on the East Coast], & most viewers would have been watching college football all day then off to bed.

I know F1 have been pushing for a grand prix in Vegas, think they'll need to sort the start time out.
#Sausages

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: November 14, 2023, 02:36:45 pm »
Cesar's Palace and Dallas were probably the worst ever tracks in F1. Neither place worked and most of the drivers despised it and said so.
Dallas the heat was unbearable, I am sure we all saw the clip of Nigel Mansell collapsing at the end of the race

When the track is breaking up and the temp is so bad a driver is having a bucket of water thrown over him at a pit stop you know its bad

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2215 on: November 14, 2023, 10:50:44 pm »
So I really haven't been keeping up on the Vegas situation as once I saw the initial prices it seemed a waste of time. The prices were that insane. Instead it looks like the promoters have royally screwed this up and the prices are just cratering now with even paddock tickets going for fractions of original value. It's one thing to be walking along the Strip at 10pm as you're moving so you aren't freezing your ass off but to just sit there? That's crazy. Whoever came up with this really made some terrible decisions.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2216 on: November 15, 2023, 11:03:13 am »
There's a new 4 part documentary out on Brawn GPs 2009 season on Disney+.
#Sausages

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2217 on: November 15, 2023, 11:15:18 am »

Presented by John Wick as well - and as we all know, the lad can drive
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2218 on: November 16, 2023, 02:12:22 pm »
I hear it's 10pm local start time, i know Singapore starts at 8pm at least it's peak viewing local time, but 10pm feels a strange time to start a race, what audience [particularly TV audience] are F1 trying to get, certainly not in the US [as that'll be 1am start time on the East Coast], & most viewers would have been watching college football all day then off to bed.

I know F1 have been pushing for a grand prix in Vegas, think they'll need to sort the start time out.

I've not followed much of the build up to this, but why is it 10pm?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2219 on: November 16, 2023, 03:00:32 pm »
started that last night, only done 1 episode so far, but being a Jenson Button fan I'll find any excuse to watch anything about that season.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: November 16, 2023, 03:33:19 pm »
started that last night, only done 1 episode so far, but being a Jenson Button fan I'll find any excuse to watch anything about that season.
really was unreal

though they were getting a bit flustered come the end of the season

Luckily I think what saved them was McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull taking points off each other and inconsistency of other teams

The Ferrari was good one week then struggling for points the week after

plus the McLaren at the start of the year was a complete pig

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2221 on: November 16, 2023, 06:22:52 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67436111

verstappen seems to hate the whole thing which is quite funny.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: November 16, 2023, 07:16:00 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67436111

verstappen seems to hate the whole thing which is quite funny.

He's not wrong but it is funny

Plus he's one to talk. He got Zandvoort on the calendar and that is barely suitable for F3, let alone F1

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2223 on: November 16, 2023, 08:13:42 pm »
He's not wrong but it is funny

Plus he's one to talk. He got Zandvoort on the calendar and that is barely suitable for F3, let alone F1
Yeah, it’s crap for F1 as the cars are now.  It’s like a scaletrix track
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2023, 08:24:49 pm »
Still scratching my head as to why the race is off 10pm in the evening local time, they're certainly not going for the US east coast audience where it'll be 1am start, if they wanted primetime viewing in the US, & a night race, they could have had a 6pm start [9pm on the east coast] as sunset is 4.30pm in Vegas.

Looks like it's going to be one of the coldest races of the year too, with the air temperature going to be around 12C come start time.
#Sausages

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2225 on: November 17, 2023, 06:55:40 am »
:lmao

And here we go…..

Or maybe we don’t!

Ground effects ruins/saves the day!

Watch it here…. https://twitter.com/albertfabrega/status/1725393200662385019?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:09:25 am by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: November 17, 2023, 07:19:06 am »
Not exactly the best advert Liberty media are going for.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: November 17, 2023, 07:52:24 am »
So FP1 lasted 9 minutes, damaged 2 cars and was cancelled. Wow, I knew this weekend was going to be a shitshow but even I didn’t predict it being this bad.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: November 17, 2023, 08:12:56 am »
If that manhole cover changes the trajectory of Carlos' car at 200mph you are looking at horrific consequences.

Once again the show is bigger than the racing and driver safety.

Don't understand why Toto is complaining about people complaining either (like Fred). He was upset when his cars was bobbing up and down on the straight but doesn't see the issue with hitting a manhole cover at that speed.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2229 on: November 17, 2023, 08:39:14 am »
I don`t think Fred Vasseur is too impressed. He has ripped into the organisers and the millions it has cost Ferrari
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2230 on: November 17, 2023, 09:57:10 am »
Just read on the BBC feed that they’ve closed all of the fan areas ahead of second practice. Sounds like it’s due to the fact the staff don’t want to be there at gone 2am. Hope those who bought tickets get a refund
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: November 17, 2023, 09:58:24 am »
What an absolute fucking farce this is!

I hate what they've done to the sport fucking morons 😕

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2232 on: November 17, 2023, 09:59:46 am »
It's not like that issue hasn't happened before and couldn't have been predicted or anything...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2233 on: November 17, 2023, 10:11:48 am »
Like i said, if they wanted Vegas to be a night race, they should have had an earlier start time, sunset in Vegas this time of year is around 4.30pm, they could have started the race 6 or 7pm local time, & still have had an decent audience [& kept the fan zones open], including the east coast, but starting the race at 10pm local is barmy.
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2234 on: November 17, 2023, 10:16:38 am »
they figured that this way people would only have to book thursday/friday/saturday night in a hotel and can all fuck off home on the sunday?

just a guess. might be entirely wrong.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: November 17, 2023, 10:21:53 am »
So Sainz will get a grid penalty and Ferrari will have to use cost cap because of organiser incompetence.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2236 on: November 17, 2023, 10:23:14 am »
Just read on the BBC feed that they’ve closed all of the fan areas ahead of second practice. Sounds like it’s due to the fact the staff don’t want to be there at gone 2am. Hope those who bought tickets get a refund

You'd be fuming if you paid $900 for one of the fan areas for Thursday practice, only to find they decided to close all of them at 1.30am, & one of the practice sessions is now 2.30am, the whole thing farce.
#Sausages

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #2237 on: November 17, 2023, 10:31:18 am »
This whole thing is a farce, for the drivers and the fans. A cold, shit track that the drivers barely know, it's a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Then Sainz being penalised because they didn't have a way they could waive the regulations? Lunacy. But hey, at least Liberty are coining it in from their sponsors, and isn't that all that matters for them eh

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2238 on: November 17, 2023, 10:34:06 am »
This whole thing is a farce, for the drivers and the fans. A cold, shit track that the drivers barely know, it's a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Then Sainz being penalised because they didn't have a way they could waive the regulations? Lunacy. But hey, at least Liberty are coining it in from their sponsors, and isn't that all that matters for them eh

F1 is just a joke now. They'll be someone at Netflix gutted that things didn't end worse for Sainz.

Man on fire is the most popular drive to survive episode.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 10:36:18 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2239 on: November 17, 2023, 10:41:28 am »
You'd be fuming if you paid $900 for one of the fan areas for Thursday practice, only to find they decided to close all of them at 1.30am, & one of the practice sessions is now 2.30am, the whole thing farce.
It’s mad that they seem to be doing everything to make this the worst experience possible for everyone involved. Nobody will want a piece of it next year unless by some miracle the race turns out to be spectacular
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp