Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 91842 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #2240 on: November 17, 2023, 10:42:08 am »
Someone's getting paid. It's the only reason this series of bad decisions has been made.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2241 on: November 17, 2023, 12:15:27 pm »
If it's not in the rule book, get it added.  It's ridiculous that a driver can be penalised for this.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: November 18, 2023, 09:04:05 am »
Ferrari's too quick round here on single lap pace

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2243 on: November 18, 2023, 11:38:32 am »
what a weird quali. one merc 4th, the other 11th. one alpeen 5th, the other out in q1

they've said that williams is 'slippery' in a straight line all season and there's the proof of it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2244 on: November 18, 2023, 01:47:07 pm »
Let's not even mention the McLaren's crashing out of the first practice, absolute disaster by the team. The lack of competitiveness on street circuits this season has been a huge concern and something they need to sort out for next season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2245 on: November 18, 2023, 01:53:42 pm »
Let's not even mention the McLaren's crashing out of the first practice, absolute disaster by the team. The lack of competitiveness on street circuits this season has been a huge concern and something they need to sort out for next season.

yeah they were rubbish. which was another reason it was weird.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2246 on: November 18, 2023, 07:49:36 pm »
Loving Verstappen’s attitude to it. Not towing the party line at all
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: November 18, 2023, 09:33:42 pm »
Loving Verstappen’s attitude to it. Not towing the party line at all
Me too.
He won't be in F1 in a few years though, he will turn his attention to another discipline.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: November 19, 2023, 07:36:49 am »
"Ok I'll try"  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: November 19, 2023, 07:38:38 am »
Brilliant drive from Leclerc. So unlucky with the safety car. Max is just a machine.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:40:46 am by Darren G »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2250 on: November 19, 2023, 07:39:13 am »
Talked shit about the Vegas race all year and proven wrong. I really enjoyed that

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: November 19, 2023, 07:41:35 am »
Talked shit about the Vegas race all year and proven wrong. I really enjoyed that

Best race of the year for me

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: November 19, 2023, 07:46:10 am »
Charles face in the car when he heard Max and Checo both stopped under the safety car, haha!.  That was just like : "Jesus, fucking Ferrari!"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: November 19, 2023, 09:31:12 am »
Was Landon okay?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: November 19, 2023, 09:43:49 am »
Good effort from Ferrari and Leclerc, couldn't of done much more. Ballsy move from Charles at the end.

Decent on track action

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2255 on: November 19, 2023, 12:38:30 pm »
A pretty fun race that ended up with the most fucking boring result possible. And leclerc getting the driver of the day vote shows why allowing the public to vote on things can be stupid.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2256 on: November 19, 2023, 01:00:37 pm »
Great race. Red Bull getting lucky with the safety car otherwise Leclerc wins. Leclerc deservedly getting driver of the day, been excellent all weekend.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: November 19, 2023, 01:09:45 pm »
A pretty fun race that ended up with the most fucking boring result possible. And leclerc getting the driver of the day vote shows why allowing the public to vote on things can be stupid.

Why? He drove a fantastic race. Didn't get to stop under the safety car due to the timing and came back and passed Perez with a fantastic move on older tyres. Made one small error in the lock-up but even Brundle was effusive in his praise for the drive.

EDIT: yeah, Lando is ok Jill. 

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2258 on: November 19, 2023, 01:15:29 pm »
Why? He drove a fantastic race. Didn't get to stop under the safety car due to the timing and came back and passed Perez with a fantastic move on older tyres. Made one small error in the lock-up but even Brundle was effusive in his praise for the drive.

He drove well, but I'm not really into giving that award to someone who started on pole and didn't win (again) unless they end up last due to an incident and charge back up through the field or something.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: November 19, 2023, 01:26:19 pm »
He drove well, but I'm not really into giving that award to someone who started on pole and didn't win (again) unless they end up last due to an incident and charge back up through the field or something.

Kind of a flawed argument though.  Ferrari's one-lap pace this season has been better than their race pace, by a margin for the majority of the time, and the safety car put him at a big disadvantage.  Lessening your view of a driver's performance due to a finishing position resultant of factors which are beyond their control makes very little sense.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2260 on: November 19, 2023, 03:30:15 pm »
Thought it was going to be a disaster but it was actually a fun race to watch. Hopefully next year they put it on earlier though.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2261 on: November 20, 2023, 08:06:02 am »
Yeah I thought that was a fantastic race

Spectacular scenery and good racing

Was nice to see my honeymoon hotel at times too (The Aria)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: November 20, 2023, 09:11:02 am »
It was a good race, but I can’t help but feel the bulk of that came from several cars being out of expected positions on the grid, followed by the two safety cars. Having thr SC out twice closed the field up twice in the race which for me is where most of the action came from. I think we’d have had a generally more spread out field without them.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2263 on: November 20, 2023, 09:57:47 am »
It was a good race, but I can’t help but feel the bulk of that came from several cars being out of expected positions on the grid, followed by the two safety cars. Having thr SC out twice closed the field up twice in the race which for me is where most of the action came from. I think we’d have had a generally more spread out field without them.

that's probably true but could also be said about any race

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2264 on: November 20, 2023, 12:50:43 pm »
Don’t know what the contractual situation is at Sky F1 but think I’ve heard enough from Danica Patrick to last me a lifetime. Jenson Button looks like he’d rather gouge his own eyes out at times with some of the stuff she comes out with.

Bernie Collins on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: November 20, 2023, 12:52:05 pm »

I missed this, thanks.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2266 on: November 20, 2023, 12:55:49 pm »
Don’t know what the contractual situation is at Sky F1 but think I’ve heard enough from Danica Patrick to last me a lifetime. Jenson Button looks like he’d rather gouge his own eyes out at times with some of the stuff she comes out with.

Bernie Collins on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air.

she only seems to do the american races (continent, not country) so you won't see her on there again for a while.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: November 24, 2023, 02:17:05 pm »
What an entitled prick Max is. Honestly can't stand him. His behaviour today has been a joke.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: November 24, 2023, 08:18:04 pm »
Looks like Alpha Tauri will become Racing Bulls, which is just mediocre.

Toro Rosso was perfect.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2269 on: November 25, 2023, 08:01:46 am »
What an entitled prick Max is. Honestly can't stand him. His behaviour today has been a joke.
I just saw fp2 there. Bloody hell.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: November 25, 2023, 12:16:45 pm »
Looks like Alpha Tauri will become Racing Bulls, which is just mediocre.

Toro Rosso was perfect.

Just sounds shit that. There's going to be more sharing of information anyway, AT are underperforming for the past two seasons.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2271 on: November 25, 2023, 12:20:56 pm »
They are moving entirely to the UK, so having an Italian name makes no sense any more.  So there is logic to it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: November 25, 2023, 12:42:28 pm »
They are moving entirely to the UK, so having an Italian name makes no sense any more.  So there is logic to it.

Oh I know, but Toro Rosso was perfect for it.

An artificial construct that exists to fill a gap and is pretty soulless. Milton Keynes Bulls perhaps.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: November 25, 2023, 01:09:53 pm »

An artificial construct that exists to fill a gap and is pretty soulless. Milton Keynes Bulls perhaps.

The Roundabouts?
Jurgen YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2274 on: November 25, 2023, 01:17:19 pm »

Bicester Red Bulls
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2275 on: November 25, 2023, 02:41:06 pm »
Sainz out in Q1

Hamilton out in Q2

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2276 on: November 25, 2023, 02:43:48 pm »
Nice variety of teams into Q3

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: November 25, 2023, 03:06:56 pm »
Leclerc makes front row again. Realistically RB should have a front row lock out every race but Leclerc manages to keep providing some surprises on a Saturday. In a season dominated by Max and RB it's nice of Ferrari to provide some change on a Saturday and even the only team to beat Red Bull on a Sunday despite having a shocking car :D

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: November 26, 2023, 08:06:13 am »
Leclerc makes front row again. Realistically RB should have a front row lock out every race but Leclerc manages to keep providing some surprises on a Saturday. In a season dominated by Max and RB it's nice of Ferrari to provide some change on a Saturday and even the only team to beat Red Bull on a Sunday despite having a shocking car :D
qualifying has been great to watch this season

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2279 on: November 26, 2023, 02:21:25 pm »
But Ferrari being Ferrari in the race, Sainz in currently 10th and has to pit again which will put him back to about 16th where he started.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.