Author Topic: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?  (Read 45255 times)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2023, 11:26:41 am »
Going to Portavadie (located on Loch Fyne) next week for a few days, Turkey (Antayla) in May and Porto in August booked so far. Looking at Morroco in late Jan/early Feb. Did want to go to Amsterdam but the hotels are just a rip off.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2023, 11:52:56 am »
Going to Portavadie (located on Loch Fyne) next week for a few days, Turkey (Antayla) in May and Porto in August booked so far. Looking at Morroco in late Jan/early Feb. Did want to go to Amsterdam but the hotels are just a rip off.

I've been looking at Amsterdam myself recently for a short break but cannot believe the prices that the hotels are charging now and not just the top end hotels.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2023, 04:11:44 pm »
So we are fucked. TUI have a policy of cancellation less than 28 days and they keep 90% of your money. They wouldn't let us change the dates either as they said they can't guarantee the package we had. Sounds like bullshit. They're basically giving us 500 quid back and our insurance combined comes to around 2300. We're basically losing 2 and a half grand and our honeymoon.

Looking to book somewhere else in the summer but going to have to be Spain/Canaries/Greece instead.

TUI can go fuck themselves.

Getting a bit worried about our insurance now as well. We both went with 'Coverwise' as it was top on GoCompare. Didn't think too much about it which was obviously naive in hindsight.

We made our claim to them a few days ago and heard nothing back so far.

I did a bit more digging on Trust pilot and the reviews are absolutely diabolical for anyone that actually had to make a claim. The 5 stars are all for how easy it was go actually get the insurance but it seems once a claim is made they don't want to know, delay for ever and lots of claims were declined after 6 months or even longer after lots of chasing them.

Very stressful as I haven't got the time really to be constantly phoning people.

If we don't get that money we've lost 5 grand all in with Tui being dicks about it all.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2023, 04:32:20 pm »
Getting a bit worried about our insurance now as well. We both went with 'Coverwise' as it was top on GoCompare. Didn't think too much about it which was obviously naive in hindsight.

I did a bit more digging on Trust pilot and the reviews are absolutely diabolical for anyone that actually had to make a claim. The 5 stars are all for how easy it was go actually get the insurance but it seems once a claim is made they don't want to know, delay for ever and lots of claims were declined after 6 months or even longer after lots of chasing them.

Very stressful as I haven't got the time really to be constantly phoning people.

If we don't get that money we've lost 5 grand all in with Tui being dicks about it all.

If you don't hear back or they drag their heels, mention going to the financial ombudsman with a complaint about them.

That usually puts the ghoolies up a financial institution

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2023, 12:00:56 pm »
I've been looking at Amsterdam myself recently for a short break but cannot believe the prices that the hotels are charging now and not just the top end hotels.

I agree.

Anyway not going to Amsterdam. Booked 5 nights in Split (Actually in Trogir - 17 miles from Split) for the first week in October. Flights £90 return and found a really nice looking and highly rated hotel I managed to get for about £65 a night including breakfast.

Not been to Croatia before so any must do or see things or restaurant recommendations in and around Split area would be much appreciated. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 12:02:29 pm by CheshireDave »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2023, 06:02:06 pm »
I agree.

Anyway not going to Amsterdam. Booked 5 nights in Split (Actually in Trogir - 17 miles from Split) for the first week in October. Flights £90 return and found a really nice looking and highly rated hotel I managed to get for about £65 a night including breakfast.

Not been to Croatia before so any must do or see things or restaurant recommendations in and around Split area would be much appreciated. 

5 nights is a fair bit in split alone. Defo recommend krka national falls for a day.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2023, 06:20:11 pm »
Off to Gran Canaria next week. With the weather this shit at the moment, I’m looking forward to a bit of warmth and sunshine.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2023, 06:29:58 pm »
Looking to go somewhere in England for May Bank Holidays. Not sure of weather at that time. Cotswolds? Any suggestions?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2023, 06:35:32 pm »
Off to Gran Canaria next week. With the weather this shit at the moment, I’m looking forward to a bit of warmth and sunshine.
Have a good time. I've not been there for a while, but enjoyed it when I went. 😎🌞

The weather was always nice in the south. Only time it was cloudy was in Las Palmas when I spent a day up there. Still hot though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:37:11 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2023, 06:35:51 pm »
5 nights is a fair bit in split alone. Defo recommend krka national falls for a day.

Lad at work said that too. I was thinking doing a week and fly back from Dubrovnik or something but my missus didn't want to do the bus. Gone for a nice hotel so hopefully the weather is alright and will have a couple of chilled days by the pool.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2023, 09:52:37 pm »

Air BnB your best bet for Amsterdam these days.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2023, 11:09:35 pm »

Do you pay for a bank account as that sometimes comes with holiday insurance , when we played Real Madrid in Kiev me and my lads flight was cancelled on the Friday morning by Lufthansa . The only way to get to Kiev in time was Manchester to Dubai and the Dubai to Kiev . Cost just on two grand but NatWest insurance paid it in my account  three days after the claim was made when we got back .

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 27, 2023, 05:37:55 pm »
Do you pay for a bank account as that sometimes comes with holiday insurance , when we played Real Madrid in Kiev me and my lads flight was cancelled on the Friday morning by Lufthansa . The only way to get to Kiev in time was Manchester to Dubai and the Dubai to Kiev . Cost just on two grand but NatWest insurance paid it in my account  three days after the claim was made when we got back .

I used to be with HSBC but they stopped offering it as Covid fucked them I think.

If I could go back in time I'd have definitely done more research but regardless this Coverwise better pay up, no excuse not to.

Went round in circles with Tui today on the phone - beware anyone if you book with them, any sort of freak accidents or death in the family 4 weeks or less to travel date and you get virtually fuck all back from them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 27, 2023, 07:03:12 pm »
Looking to go somewhere in England for May Bank Holidays. Not sure of weather at that time. Cotswolds? Any suggestions?
Anyone?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 27, 2023, 07:33:59 pm »
Bit of an update, decided Thailand might be a bit out of our price range so we've been looking a bit closer to home. Suddenly Italy is calling my name. I don't really fancy the cities in the height of summer, but the lakes/coast look unbelievable. Anyone been? Lake Como and the North or Amalfi and the South? Edging tomorrows the north plus a bit of cinque terre if possible purely because it looks like the slightly cheaper of the options.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 27, 2023, 07:34:03 pm »
Anyone?

Never been to the Cotswolds mate but there's loads of beautiful places in the UK for a holiday in May and the weather is usually pretty decent in between the bank holidays as it's when we would normally go.

Bank holidays are notorious for being ridiculous busy and stupidly expensive with shitty weather 😁

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2023, 07:37:18 pm »
Bit of an update, decided Thailand might be a bit out of our price range so we've been looking a bit closer to home. Suddenly Italy is calling my name. I don't really fancy the cities in the height of summer, but the lakes/coast look unbelievable. Anyone been? Lake Como and the North or Amalfi and the South? Edging tomorrows the north plus a bit of cinque terre if possible purely because it looks like the slightly cheaper of the options.

Rimini always looks beautiful mate and not your typical Italian holiday destination if you fancy something quieter. 

Online ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 27, 2023, 07:50:19 pm »
Flights booked back to the UK for the first time in 5 years to go to a wedding.

I hope Greggs hasn't lost its magic on the old steak bake...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 27, 2023, 08:23:25 pm »
Was there 3 weeks ago and go back in May. Absolutely adore the place.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 27, 2023, 08:24:32 pm »
Never been to the Cotswolds mate but there's loads of beautiful places in the UK for a holiday in May and the weather is usually pretty decent in between the bank holidays as it's when we would normally go.

Bank holidays are notorious for being ridiculous busy and stupidly expensive with shitty weather 😁
It is expensive yeah ;D

Mrs doesn't want to travel too far so maybe Cotswolds it is. Not sure how much there is to do there though.;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2023, 08:37:11 pm »

If by steak bake you mean shop doorway, then no it hasn’t.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2023, 10:38:33 pm »
It is expensive yeah ;D

Mrs doesn't want to travel too far so maybe Cotswolds it is. Not sure how much there is to do there though.;D

I'd say lots of great walks, pubs and food 👍

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 28, 2023, 09:31:00 am »
It is expensive yeah ;D

I'd never been to the Cotswolds either until last year. I was encouraged by a work colleague who has a couple of short breaks there every year.

Stopped at Broadway and I have to say it's a beautiful village in a beautiful part of the world. Plenty to do and see and always a great pub nearby at the end of the day (and earlier) Gets very busy mind and it's expensive. Eye wateringly expensive in some places.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 28, 2023, 02:37:17 pm »
I'd say lots of great walks, pubs and food 👍
Cheers!

I'd never been to the Cotswolds either until last year. I was encouraged by a work colleague who has a couple of short breaks there every year.

Stopped at Broadway and I have to say it's a beautiful village in a beautiful part of the world. Plenty to do and see and always a great pub nearby at the end of the day (and earlier) Gets very busy mind and it's expensive. Eye wateringly expensive in some places.
Ah excellent. Is it that expensive? Bank Holiday weekends it will be worse ;D

**Looking at Chipping Norton area - doesn't really sound like a holiday type destination.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 03:19:49 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2023, 07:16:23 pm »

It'll be abar £8:50 by the summer for a steak bake

Had my jabs for Thailand in June today. To say I'm excited is an understatement

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 3, 2023, 02:42:49 pm »
I've got two weeks in South Spain with my folks in May/June. Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Ronda, Nerja and Malaga. Quite a lot of moving around, but with the high speed trains it should be sound. It's a scouting trip of sorts to check out places for living in the next couple of years.

I'm only back 3-4 days then I'm off to a stag in Warsaw for a long weekend.

Looking forward to it, Spain in particular, but I need to get back to work properly to build up some funds.  ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 3, 2023, 06:05:50 pm »
Looking at websites for holidays why is a child under the age of one being priced at same as an adult??

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 3, 2023, 07:31:45 pm »
I've got two weeks in South Spain with my folks in May/June. Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Ronda, Nerja and Malaga. Quite a lot of moving around, but with the high speed trains it should be sound. It's a scouting trip of sorts to check out places for living in the next couple of years.

I'm only back 3-4 days then I'm off to a stag in Warsaw for a long weekend.

Looking forward to it, Spain in particular, but I need to get back to work properly to build up some funds.  ;D

Sounds great, I'm doing the same but on a smaller scale just staying in Malaga and Granada. Very excited for it.

Also got the flights and campervan booked now for a road trip around Colorado, Utah and Yellowstone in September.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #388 on: April 3, 2023, 08:50:25 pm »
Off to Gran Canaria in the morning. Woop.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: April 3, 2023, 08:51:53 pm »
Enjoy!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 3, 2023, 09:23:02 pm »
Have a great time, Nick. 🌴😎
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 3, 2023, 09:30:10 pm »
Off to Colonsay in the Hebrides in the morning with the extended family. A twice rearrnaged holiday due to Covid, with the main reason being for my mum to spread my Granny's ashes, as they spent their childhood going there many times.

It's a stunning island, with some of the best beaches in the world. Not sure about going in Spring though!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #392 on: April 3, 2023, 09:33:21 pm »
Wow, that looks stunning.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 3, 2023, 09:56:35 pm »
That looks beautiful, Elmo. Have great time. 😎

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 3, 2023, 11:14:34 pm »
Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Ronda, Nerja and Malaga. ...It's a scouting trip of sorts to check out places for living in the next couple of years.

Would be a brilliant place to live - just seen your Irish so no problems with the Visa, had a couple of short trips to Malaga over the years.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 3, 2023, 11:16:48 pm »
Off to Colonsay in the Hebrides in the morning with the extended family. A twice rearrnaged holiday due to Covid, with the main reason being for my mum to spread my Granny's ashes, as they spent their childhood going there many times.
It's a stunning island, with some of the best beaches in the world. Not sure about going in Spring though!

Wow stunning - hope the weather is ok

[edit] googled the Island because I'd never heard of it before and this popped up - looks like a nice one if you're into whisky

« Last Edit: April 3, 2023, 11:24:04 pm by kavah »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 4, 2023, 12:12:52 am »

Been to lake como a few winters ago preceded by a few days in Milan then a train to como , absolutely beautiful place and reasonably priced but it was November . Have also visited sorrento a few times again in late September and it’s a good base for
the Amalfi and Capri too .

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #397 on: April 4, 2023, 07:22:30 am »
I agree.

Get a boat over to Brac and/or Hvar, both worth visiting. We went to Padgora, which is down the coast from Split, last August and loved it

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 4, 2023, 07:44:40 am »
Get a boat over to Brac and/or Hvar, both worth visiting. We went to Padgora, which is down the coast from Split, last August and loved it

Nice one. Will check those places out.

Got back from Portavadie (Loch Fyne) on Sunday. Absolutely stunning part of the world. So peaceful. Was really lucky with the weather too. Definetly going to be going back up there later in the year when the midges have pissed off.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #399 on: April 4, 2023, 10:06:53 pm »
Just booked to go to Kos for a week 2nd July, Tignaki. Been once before but twenty years ago, 18 year old daughter has decided to come which adds to the cost of course but me and the missus plan to go somewhere in September for our Wedding Anniversary and we'll be flying solo for sure!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.