Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City- League, Sun 16 Oct @ 4:30pm  (Read 25169 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City- League, Sun 16 Oct @ 4:30pm
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2022, 08:49:12 pm »
If, and if, Konate doesn’t make it, it should be either Fabinho at CB or Ramsay coming at right back. Surely that’s what he was signed for?

To put Milner there, as much as I love him, would be unfair on him

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2022, 08:51:48 pm »
If, and if, Konate doesn’t make it, it should be either Fabinho at CB or Ramsay coming at right back. Surely that’s what he was signed for?

To put Milner there, as much as I love him, would be unfair on him

Unfair on “all of us”  ;D

Gomez on the right and Phillips in the centre

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2022, 08:54:01 pm »
Some seriously negative opinions in here. Glad some of you aren't going tomorrow and only voice your shitty opinions here. I'll be there tomorrow supporting my team with optimisum with a confident belief we will win.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2022, 08:55:56 pm »
Some seriously negative opinions in here. Glad some of you aren't going tomorrow and only voice your shitty opinions here. I'll be there tomorrow supporting my team with optimisum with a confident belief we will win.

Good for you.

Well done. Nice that we still have some optimusts on here.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2022, 09:07:55 pm »
well, I'm not going tomorrow but if I was I sure as shite would be yelling the lads on like hell, despite my thinking (at the moment) that we could be in for a real tonking.

being nervous as hell about a result, and being a person who turns on the team when things go bad, are not fukking synonymous you know.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2022, 09:07:59 pm »
At face value we can’t expect too much from this. They are riding high and we haven’t got going yet, with problems all over the park and injuries mounting. Ideally Konate is fit to play, as his physicality will be sorely needed to not have Haaland stomp all over us. If Konate is out I would play Fabinho there, with Gomez at right back.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if even against the odds, we put in a performance and beat them. And I would love it if Darwin Nunez gets the winner, or is among the goals, as we need him integrating into the team and kicking on. It has been a slow start, for various reasons, but his goal against Rangers meant the world to him, and that was nice to see.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2022, 09:31:45 pm »
Fucking hell, if Ibou is out as well then it'll be a bloodbath. Phillips against Haaland or Milner at RB. They'll both get annihilated unfortunately. Can see this ending like the 4-1 at Anfield two seasons ago when they destroyed us.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
Fucking hell, if Ibou is out as well then it'll be a bloodbath. Phillips against Haaland or Milner at RB. They'll both get annihilated unfortunately. Can see this ending like the 4-1 at Anfield two seasons ago when they destroyed us.

If Konate's out we'll be lucky to get away with only conceding 4.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2022, 09:40:15 pm »
To be honest I just hope we are still in a game come half time. Put it like this if we were going to line up tomorrow with city's team and them with ours, I'd expect to fully tonk them by at least 3 or 4.
Full strength against full strength would be a different shout but it's not a level playing field unfortunately.
Add in the fact city are scoring for fun , we are having a nightmare and can't keep a clean sheet, it doesn't look good. 

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2022, 09:41:37 pm »
If Konate's out we'll be lucky to get away with only conceding 4.

He probably means 4 at half time.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2022, 09:43:15 pm »
Yeah you just can’t play Milner at right back in this - last season he should’ve been sent off, could’ve given away a penalty and barely got within 3 yards of Foden all game .. and that’s when they were worse and we were better
All our options are bad but that would be footballing suicide… it would also be beyond unfair on the player  Fabinho centre back, Gomez at right back and 3 fit lads in midfield is probably our best shot

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2022, 09:53:07 pm »
Does no one else think that LFC will surprise us tomorrow (in a good way)? Though the challenges the team is facing are glaring and unmistakeable (CM, aging, possibly tired players, bad luck/and maybe a physio issue compounding injuries) I'm still pretty fucking thrilled at this matchup. I think the boys will rise to the occasion. Like Jurgen said, it's a challenge and they'll keep fighting.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2022, 09:55:33 pm »
Yeah you just can’t play Milner at right back in this - last season he should’ve been sent off, could’ve given away a penalty and barely got within 3 yards of Foden all game .. and that’s when they were worse and we were better
All our options are bad but that would be footballing suicide… it would also be beyond unfair on the player  Fabinho centre back, Gomez at right back and 3 fit lads in midfield is probably our best shot

I'd agree but I'm having trouble with the "three fit lads in midfield bit", we're pretty much down to Henderson and Thiago there if Fabinho is in defense. I'd rather go with two in midfield than Elliot again.

I'm back and forth on how we approach this but I'd be tempted to go with a 4-4-2 and have them play quite conservatively and look to break on City. A big part of our defensive problem has been leaving huge gaps, stay deeper and more compact and the quality of the players at the back should begin to show again.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2022, 10:06:21 pm »
We're winning this one lads! No worries  8)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2022, 10:09:13 pm »
thanks Pep.

:)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2022, 10:29:45 pm »

Thx in advance.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2022, 10:30:57 pm »
It's been a very long time where I've gone into a game genuinely dreading it, but im really not looking forward to this at all.

How we get so many consistent injuries across the squad is absolutely bewildering. What on earth are we doing in training?!

Sadly I think there's a chance we're going to get hammered. If we can concede 3 goals at home to Brighton and 3 away to Arsenal, then there's a high chance we can concede more against arguably the most in-form attacking team in the world.

But the reason why we love football and why I love this group of Liverpool players is that anything can happen and they don't know when they are beat. It's the only thing im clinging on to at the moment.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2022, 10:36:51 pm »
If Konate is out I fear we will get destroyed tomorrow -like the 4-1 2 seasons ago. We simply buy to many injury prone players or young players who are not ready to step up. If Konate is out our best bet is to play Fab at right back.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »
need to hit that c*nt Halaand hard.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2022, 10:44:39 pm »
need to hit that c*nt Halaand hard.
I think that's happened to him a lot in his career.  not sure it's had a huge effect though. 

interesting that in his pregame presser Pep talked about his team being "too nice" in games with us (or words like that) .... he seemed to be giving the green light to turn on the snide and snark, so our guys might be the ones getting belted.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2022, 10:47:05 pm »
I don't care what team we put out tomorrow.im confident .3-2
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2022, 10:51:37 pm »
I agree against the likes of Rangers or other sides, but I think playing a 2 against City is a gamble too far. Gotta be a 3 (or a 4) for me - win the midfield and win the game (and don't concede first of course).

Based on this season so far I'd go so far as to say even putting 4 midfielders out there wouldn't really matter. We may control possession better but we clearly can't stop anybody going the other way in transition. I'd also question what 4th midfielder you would put out on as a RM that would actually work based on who's available. I don't really consider Elliott a midfielder though so maybe that's just me.

He isnt an excellent defender.

What's Robertson then?

Has to be Fabinho for me. Certainly not Milner anyway. Grealish and Foden destroyed him down that side in the 1st half when he had to play their last season.

Think it will be a problem for either of them regardless, not like Fabinho matched up in space is his forte as well. For me one lesson from 20/21 was trying to shoehorn players into center back from midfield just weakened both areas of the team and made it completely dysfunctional. Should try to just play CB's first unless you have no other option.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2022, 11:06:26 pm »
Rather then shitting ourselves, let's go out there and fucking fight, no pressure really as most expect us to get hammered anyway.  Even if things not going well we need Anfield rocking, anyone that's going sing and shout your mouths out, as we know Anfield is a very special place where even miracles can happen. Up the fucking reds!

Offline looneysbin

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2022, 11:15:19 pm »
if Ibou is out - unorthodox idea, and quite possibly a terrible one - play robbo or tsimikas at RB, with gomez central? you'd lose width but at least you'd still have some pace out wide and knowledge/experience of the position in the system.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2022, 11:38:38 pm »
Haven’t we just signed a right back in the summer or did I just imagine it? Baptism of fire debut an all that but so did Trent.

Ramsay? Still injured. Seems to be one of the evergreen injured.
#JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2022, 11:57:42 pm »

What's Robertson then?

Better than Tsimikas.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2022, 12:05:11 am »
Better than Tsimikas.

If he is then it’s not an appreciable difference.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2022, 12:07:18 am »
Would that be the Tsimikas that has more assists (2) than Robertson (1) in 1 less start?

Would that be the Tsimikas with two goal line clearances in the last few matches?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2022, 12:17:23 am »
Haven't people worked it out yet.

In their entire careers as managers Guardiola has always had the better hand. More resources, a better squad, the more successful team.

Bayern versus Dortmund, City versus Liverpool.

Guess what despite the financial advantage Klopp is ahead on the head to head. In almost every game Guardiola's team has been the favourite.

We have to believe and be the tweflth man.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2022, 12:18:27 am »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2022, 12:38:06 am »
Would that be the Tsimikas that has more assists (2) than Robertson (1) in 1 less start?

Would that be the Tsimikas with two goal line clearances in the last few matches?

Yep that one. Still not better than Robertson.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2022, 12:39:36 am »
Yep that one. Still not better than Robertson.

That wasn’t the point. Neither him or Tsimikas are excellent defenders so singling out Tsimikas for this is quite wild.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2022, 01:09:09 am »
If Konate is out then for me we should play Tsimikas at RB as we will need to go back to 3 in midfield meaning Fab has to start in the middle along with Thiago and Hendo…it will be interesting who starts up top cause for me Salah is the only one who is a definite.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2022, 01:10:15 am »
Does no one else think that LFC will surprise us tomorrow (in a good way)? Though the challenges the team is facing are glaring and unmistakeable (CM, aging, possibly tired players, bad luck/and maybe a physio issue compounding injuries) I'm still pretty fucking thrilled at this matchup. I think the boys will rise to the occasion. Like Jurgen said, it's a challenge and they'll keep fighting.

Well, if we get hammered the commentors you mentioned will say told you so -if we win or draw, they will point out where we could have done better and why we won't win this or that. At the end of the day, most people, including Liverpool fans, have written of us off in this game, so nothing to lose!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2022, 01:49:45 am »
Games against them are physically gruelling and given the clear signs of fatigue on most of the restless old guard (Trent, Salah, VVD, Robbo, Hendo, Fab etc.) i can't at all say that i'm confident for this one.

A win doesn't change much if not backed by consistent league performances pointing towards an upturn in results. Although it would still be lovely & much needed.

Ali; Milner, Gomez, VVD, Robbo; Fab, Hendo, Thiago; Jota, Firmino, Salah
The change is cast

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2022, 02:07:26 am »
That wasn’t the point. Neither him or Tsimikas are excellent defenders so singling out Tsimikas for this is quite wild.

Hopefully you will be able to provide us with a list of left backs who are better than Robbo defensively.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2022, 02:10:57 am »
Well, if we get hammered the commentors you mentioned will say told you so -if we win or draw, they will point out where we could have done better and why we won't win this or that. At the end of the day, most people, including Liverpool fans, have written of us off in this game, so nothing to lose!

How the fuck have we written the game off. No one has won a League game infront of fans at Anfield for years. There is a reason for that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:16:31 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2022, 02:31:47 am »
Does anyone know that Konate is out . . .

We are in this till the ref says we arn't.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2022, 02:32:25 am »
Fuck that, batter these plastic tits

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader