Author Topic: Champions League Group Stage Draw - 25/08/2022 5pm ish.  (Read 29500 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw - 25/08/2022 5pm ish.
« Reply #440 on: August 26, 2022, 01:01:41 am »
it’s understood that UEFA is likely to confirm the schedule on Saturday, along with the fixtures for the Europa League and Europa Conference League. [@TheAthleticUK]

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: August 26, 2022, 01:09:08 am »
Wonder if there's room (or appetite) for some element of discussion and joint action with Rangers after they also had a horrible (luckily not quite as horrific) cup final experience thanks to UEFA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #442 on: August 26, 2022, 01:41:24 am »
In general, a rabid dog would be better company than a Rangers fan.

That is one extreme comment .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #443 on: August 26, 2022, 02:17:40 am »
I call them Sevco as they were wound up and reformed for financial cheating, that's why, and their supporters are Brexit Ultra right wing knuckle draggers, looking at your avatar, I'd say you're the same.
How does having the flag of your country make you a knuckle dragger?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #444 on: August 26, 2022, 02:36:54 am »
Could have been worse so can't complain about the group we got. Excited to play Ajax!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: August 26, 2022, 04:51:35 am »
Would have preferred not to get Napoli again because the folks going there will have to be on their guard and they do travel with some dickheads too. Hope we have a great night in Glasgow and they enjoy Liverpool, and it will be nice to play in Amsterdam with some fans there.

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2022, 06:21:02 am »
God knows why the fixtures announced Saturday, I am sure last year was few hours after draw?!  Maybe wrong.

I am just PRAYING that Rangers Home isnt round 1/2 as I cant make it - please be 3/4//5/6!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #447 on: August 26, 2022, 06:25:27 am »
Well I know two Rangers fans well, and they are sound as a pound, one txt me at 5.00 to say ‘I hope we get you’...not because of any raging animosity, quite the opposite, but because a few years ago they were getting beat by Annan athletic and now they just want to be on the same pitch as one of Europe’s elite

Please let’s not let one village idiot and an unhealthy dose of sectarianism spoil what could be a couple of cracking occasions

They played Man Utd in 2010 (3 European Cups at time of match), before that Barcelona in 2007 (2 European Cups at the time) and before that Bayern Munich in 1999 (3 European Cups at the time).

Going by number of European Cups a club has held at the time of them playing, we are the most elite European Club they have ever faced (they played Real Madrid back in the 1964 Cup Winners Cup when Real Madrid had 5 European Cups)

To say their fans will be up for it would be an understatement.

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #448 on: August 26, 2022, 07:37:10 am »

I wouldnt say it means someone is a knuckle dragger, exactly. Thats a bit sweeping. But generally those who need to secure a sense of identity by reference to symbols, historiography and the past deeds of others are insecure by nature and more prone to outbursts of emotional irrationality when they percieve some threat to these symbols, which they see as constituting a core part of themself. In extreme cases this can lead to violence. Nationalism is an ugly weapon used to control and manipulate people into serving the needs of a few at the expense of the servant. Generally, it is cultivated and defined through emotions such as fear or hate and concepts such as exclusion. Violence is its inevtiable outcome.
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2022, 08:10:04 am »
As much as I didn't want Rangers(because of their fanbase), I'm glad we didn't get Celtic. Be arsed with all the chat about who sang YNWA first and who sings it better. Zzzzzzzzzz...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #450 on: August 26, 2022, 08:12:00 am »
As much as I didn't want Rangers(because of their fanbase), I'm glad we didn't get Celtic. Be arsed with all the chat about who sang YNWA first and who sings it better. Zzzzzzzzzz...

Don’t mention the ‘Fields of……..’ then.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: August 26, 2022, 08:29:45 am »

Being from Belfast, you should know that isn't the flag of Northern Ireland, and that we don't have one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: August 26, 2022, 08:32:30 am »
Would have been nice for Kenny though.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2022, 08:36:29 am »
Would have been nice for Kenny though.

Kenny was boyhood Rangers anyway wasn´t he?? The Rabid Knuckle Dragging Mongrel Dog!!  ;)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2022, 08:39:45 am »

And the fact we would've had to listen to them vile c*nts singing their IRA songs. They're both a bunch of c*nts.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2022, 08:40:06 am »
Kenny was boyhood Rangers anyway wasn´t he?? The Rabid Knuckle Dragging Mongrel Dog!!  ;)

And Ferguson used to give him a lift to training.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2022, 08:54:46 am »
And Ferguson used to give him a lift to training.

Bet that took a while with all those hard shoulder stop offs.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #457 on: August 26, 2022, 09:03:55 am »
Being from Belfast, you should know that isn't the flag of Northern Ireland, and that we don't have one.
Really?What flag is used when the Northern Ireland international football team play then?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 26, 2022, 09:10:01 am »
Really?What flag is used when the Northern Ireland international football team play then?

They use the Ulster banner. Ulster that includes 3 counties that aren't in Northern Ireland. Anyway, not relevant to the thread so lets leave it there.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #459 on: August 26, 2022, 09:13:44 am »
I had the misfortune to be in Belfast the day of CL Final and got briefly caught up with the Cenntenial march in the afternoon. Never seen so many Rangers shirts in my life, and yes, the atmosphere was rabid to say the least. Toddlers twirling batons in front of armoured Land Rovers and all that shit. Had to explain it to my youngest, keeping his hoodie tightly zipped up over his Salah Liverpool top, and getting him through the mob without incident.

Football-wise, had a feeling we’d get Napoli yet again. And another go at United’s new feeder club? Even less to worry about. Should be straightforward qualification with a game or two to spare like last season’s Group of Death that we made an absolute mockery of.
You see it’s nonsense like this that really irritates me….Why would he have to cover up his Salah Liverpool top?There will just be as many Liverpool tops on show on the twelfth as Rangers…..walk down any Protestant area in Northern Ireland and most likely Liverpool tops will out number Rangers tops…Liverpool have a massive following over here from both sides.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 09:23:52 am by Big Dirk »

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #460 on: August 26, 2022, 09:15:38 am »
They use the Ulster banner. Ulster that includes 3 counties that aren't in Northern Ireland. Anyway, not relevant to the thread so lets leave it there.
So it’s the same flag then👍🏻

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: August 26, 2022, 09:15:39 am »
You seen it’s nonsense like this that really irritates me….Why would he have to cover up his Salah Liverpool top?There will just be as many Liverpool tops on show on the twelfth as Rangers…..walk down any Protestant area in Northern Ireland and most likely Liverpool tops will out number Rangers tops…Liverpool have a massive following over here from both sides.

I walk round Monkstown on an almost daily basis. They really don't  :D

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: August 26, 2022, 09:15:58 am »
I call them Sevco as they were wound up and reformed for financial cheating, that's why, and their supporters are Brexit Ultra right wing knuckle draggers, looking at your avatar, I'd say you're the same.

It's just so childish to assume what people are like based on the team they support, especially from a city like Glasgow, where you are simply born into Celtic or Rangers.

Believe it or not peoples whole identity in life isn't summarised by what 11 lads they cheer for once a week, is yours?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 26, 2022, 09:17:59 am »
You seen it’s nonsense like this that really irritates me….Why would he have to cover up his Salah Liverpool top?There will just be as many Liverpool tops on show on the twelfth as Rangers…..walk down any Protestant area in Northern Ireland and most likely Liverpool tops will out number Rangers tops…Liverpool have a massive following over here from both sides.
It’s not nonsense in the sense he felt unsafe.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #464 on: August 26, 2022, 09:19:56 am »
I walk round Monkstown on an almost daily basis. They really don't  :D
i would tend to disagree and I would deliver a lot in Monkstown and Rathcoole.😃

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #465 on: August 26, 2022, 09:21:43 am »
It’s not nonsense in the sense he felt unsafe.
Well you should have explained to him not to feel unsafe and showed him plenty of other young kids wearing Liverpool tops cause there would have been loads.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2022, 09:26:11 am »
Well you should have explained to him not to feel unsafe and showed him plenty of other young kids wearing Liverpool tops cause there would have been loads.
Oh I did my best, but it was the general vibe he picked up on like a hostile away. Yes, there were a fair few really young kids with Liverpool tops but in the bit we got caught up trying to get through, it was Rangers shirts everywhere..

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2022, 09:32:14 am »
That's a good draw.  All will be competitive games but we'll be favourites in every tie.  The atmospheres should be really good.

I think the rest of the teams will all take points off each other so that's always a bonus.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 10:25:50 am by thaddeus »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2022, 09:48:16 am »
I wouldnt say it means someone is a knuckle dragger, exactly. Thats a bit sweeping. But generally those who need to secure a sense of identity by reference to symbols, historiography and the past deeds of others are insecure by nature and more prone to outbursts of emotional irrationality when they percieve some threat to these symbols, which they see as constituting a core part of themself. In extreme cases this can lead to violence. Nationalism is an ugly weapon used to control and manipulate people into serving the needs of a few at the expense of the servant. Generally, it is cultivated and defined through emotions such as fear or hate and concepts such as exclusion. Violence is its inevtiable outcome.

And in Northern Ireland, it is particularly so. Flags are territorial pissing here. A lot of our English clients express disbelief at the union flags, bunting and kerbstones that bedeck towns and streets long past July 12th.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2022, 09:51:53 am »
It's just so childish to assume what people are like based on the team they support, especially from a city like Glasgow, where you are simply born into Celtic or Rangers.

Believe it or not peoples whole identity in life isn't summarised by what 11 lads they cheer for once a week, is yours?

Its true. Two of the soundest lads I met whilst living in Australia were a couple of Glasweigen Rangers supporters, who I´ve kept in contact with. Not only were they sound, but they broke pretty much every Rangers stereotype. They voted for Scottish independence, they loved Ireland and Irish people and they didn´t like the Queen. They were just born and bred Rangers (Mind you one of them was in a Masonic Lodge :D)

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2022, 09:52:49 am »

Couldn't help but think "generally those who need to secure a sense of identity by reference to symbols, historiography and the past deeds of others" was a pretty succinct description of football fans :-)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 26, 2022, 09:56:47 am »
Couldn't help but think "generally those who need to secure a sense of identity by reference to symbols, historiography and the past deeds of others" was a pretty succinct description of football fans :-)

I also thought the same thing. Perfect description of what it is to be a footy fan  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 26, 2022, 11:24:39 am »

;D

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2022, 12:10:01 pm »
Be arsed with all the chat about who sang YNWA first

One of the most odious claims in football from them. Sure, lads, yis were singing showtunes before a Liverpool lad covered it. Fools.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #474 on: August 26, 2022, 12:30:25 pm »

Fuck the Tories singalong would have been good though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2022, 12:47:05 pm »
Exactly my opinion, which makes it all the more baffling when you see people defending them on the Scottish football thread, was hoping to get Celtic as I would have went to Parkhead with my mate, Celtic are a proper football club.

Actually, they’re exactly the same as each other, which makes even their supposed hatred of each other totally bizarre very very weird. Normal “working class” Scots indulging in sectarianism & bizarre conspiracy theories whilst their owners have formed a joint company with which to mutually exploit the situation. They can’t both be (relatively) mega-rich clubs with every advantage under the sun and still be the victims of establishment plots. Can they? The only actual difference I can see in them is their fans notional politics (right-wing unionism for Rangers, left-wing independence for Celtic), but even that’s just another way for minority groups in their broader numbers to differentiate from each other. The clubs have become the centres of division that their religions used to be. All very cultish.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2022, 01:29:06 pm »
Was going to reply, but this is more or less representative of my opinion, but expands upon what my reply would have been.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2022, 01:33:05 pm »
Actually, they’re exactly the same as each other, which makes even their supposed hatred of each other totally bizarre very very weird. Normal “working class” Scots indulging in sectarianism & bizarre conspiracy theories whilst their owners have formed a joint company with which to mutually exploit the situation. They can’t both be (relatively) mega-rich clubs with every advantage under the sun and still be the victims of establishment plots. Can they? The only actual difference I can see in them is their fans notional politics (right-wing unionism for Rangers, left-wing independence for Celtic), but even that’s just another way for minority groups in their broader numbers to differentiate from each other. The clubs have become the centres of division that their religions used to be. All very cultish.
While I have always detested the present and past versions of Rangers, I have never really had any affinity with Celtic other than knowing a few people who follow them, and they're floor to ceiling with biffs too, however in a political sense I find far more in common with them than Rangers, they're pro refugee, pro Palestine, left wing and (largely) Socialist, so if I had to pick one I prefer it would obviously be them.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #478 on: August 26, 2022, 01:53:16 pm »
While I have always detested the present and past versions of Rangers, I have never really had any affinity with Celtic other than knowing a few people who follow them, and they're floor to ceiling with biffs too, however in a political sense I find far more in common with them than Rangers, they're pro refugee, pro Palestine, left wing and (largely) Socialist, so if I had to pick one I prefer it would obviously be them.
Its their pro IRA that puts me off

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 26, 2022, 02:37:37 pm »
I like Glasgow, was there a couple of times and the people were very friendly. Not unlike Liverpool and Dublin to be honest.
I have no issue with regular Rangers fans, but let's not pretend there isn't a hard-right minority who give them a bad name. maybe that's exaggerated, I don't know. The situation in N.Ireland down the years hasn't helped as people from each side of the NI divide aligned themselves to each of the Glasgow clubs. It's hard for me, as an Irish person, to look past the fact that there are Rangers fans in NI who burn tricolours and sectarian banners on their bonfires every summer. I know it's a minority, but they're a pretty vocal one.
There are some in the NI Celtic support that aren't much better in my experience, who will look down their noses at Irish Liverpool fans for 'supporting the brits', which is what one group of them said to me after a Liverpool v Celtic friendly in Dublin a few years back. I've no time for any of them.

I hate sectarianism in football and the people of Liverpool should take pride in the fact that their clubs never went down that route. I've seen some talk of people bringing Irish flags to the game against Rangers and I hope they don't. I don't want my national flag being used as a sectarian wind-up prop. We are not Celtic. I don't get why anyone would bring a national flag to a match, unless it's an international.

As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, I was hoping we would avoid both Scottish teams because of all the nonsense it would cause among our own support. The Liverpool fanbase is a diverse one and that's how I like it. So maybe we can all do our best to rise above all the nonsense for these games. I know in recent times we have felt some affinity with Celtic over political issues, but I've never felt the need to have a preference for one Glasgow club over another.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:39:15 pm by kennedy81 »