Author Topic: Paris  (Read 189831 times)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: Paris
« Reply #2120 on: March 7, 2023, 03:32:04 pm »
Reading the wording on the BBC I won't get anything back as I was in the neutral end and bought off UEFA.

If you had issues getting in then it looks like you'll be able to claim a refund direct from UEFA.

Some Madrid fans who bought tickets via their club and some spectators who purchased tickets from the 12,000 available outside the club allocations will also be eligible for a refund. Uefa said those supporters would need to meet its refund criteria and that the scheme covered those “most affected when accessing the Stade de France”.

“Refunds will be available to all fans with tickets for gates A, B, C, X, Y and Z where the most difficult circumstances were reported,” it said. “In addition, all fans who according to the access control data did not enter the stadium before 21:00 CEST (the originally scheduled kick-off time), or who were not able to enter the stadium at all, will be eligible for a refund. Finally, Uefa will offer refunds to all fans who purchased accessibility tickets along with those of their accompanying persons.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/07/uefa-to-refund-liverpool-fans-for-tickets-after-champions-league-final-chaos

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: March 7, 2023, 04:21:53 pm »
If you had issues getting in then it looks like you'll be able to claim a refund direct from UEFA.

Sound remember only getting in after 9 so hopefully I get the money back as cost 695 euros

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2122 on: March 7, 2023, 04:47:49 pm »

'It's NOT enough; We want truth and justice!' ❌ | Should UEFA do more after chaotic CL final?' - a 13 minute video from Sky Sports News:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RvSQTLcgzvY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RvSQTLcgzvY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/RvSQTLcgzvY
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2123 on: March 7, 2023, 05:44:00 pm »
Law firms representing almost 3,000 Liverpool supporters caught up in the chaos at last May’s Champions League final have said Uefa’s offer of a ticket refund does not go far enough and that they will press ahead with legal claims.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/07/uefa-to-refund-liverpool-fans-for-tickets-after-champions-league-final-chaos

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: March 7, 2023, 05:44:35 pm »
Law firms representing almost 3,000 Liverpool supporters caught up in the chaos at last May’s Champions League final have said Uefa’s offer of a ticket refund does not go far enough and that they will press ahead with legal claims.

Good

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: March 7, 2023, 06:16:34 pm »

Genuinely can't remember what time i got in at, it was definitely before kick-off but that is fucking farcical from Uefa. Although in the neutral section, i was caught up in the nonsense for at least 2 hours trying to get to my gate through those access points.

Offline Sat on the bar

• Main Stander
« Reply #2126 on: March 7, 2023, 06:24:15 pm »
Genuinely can't remember what time i got in at, it was definitely before kick-off but that is fucking farcical from Uefa. Although in the neutral section, i was caught up in the nonsense for at least 2 hours trying to get to my gate through those access points.
Totally agree mate. No chance they were ever gonna refund the uefa tickets though at £300-£450 a throw.  Money talks.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2127 on: March 7, 2023, 07:22:22 pm »
Yep - it's not going to stop the lawsuits . Be interesting to see if there are any conditions applied to accepting the refund !
thats what I thought before

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2128 on: March 7, 2023, 08:50:16 pm »
Really peed off here.  We were astoundingly lucky to get 2 UEFA tickets on the Thursday at €500 each.  We were turnstile D.  Travelled with others who are all ging to get refund, but we won't.  Considering my options, but I can find my ticket details on my app.  My kid got the two and transferred one to me via the official uefa ticket app.  Neither of us can see our ticket details in the app now. Won't let my kid log  in,  I can  log in, but no sign of ticket.  She has fortunately taken a screenshot of hers at the time so we hopefully have all we need for her, but I can find anything.  Anyone know how to find details?

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: March 7, 2023, 08:58:02 pm »
Really peed off here.  We were astoundingly lucky to get 2 UEFA tickets on the Thursday at €500 each.  We were turnstile D.  Travelled with others who are all ging to get refund, but we won't.  Considering my options, but I can find my ticket details on my app.  My kid got the two and transferred one to me via the official uefa ticket app.  Neither of us can see our ticket details in the app now. Won't let my kid log  in,  I can  log in, but no sign of ticket.  She has fortunately taken a screenshot of hers at the time so we hopefully have all we need for her, but I can find anything.  Anyone know how to find details?

I think everyone has had their tickets removed from the UEFA site.  I logged in not that long ago so it wouldn't surprise me if this was done today. 

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #2130 on: March 7, 2023, 09:15:02 pm »
Bank statements ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2131 on: March 7, 2023, 09:23:18 pm »
Found a screen shot of my ticket buried in what's app messages.  Phew. We have got all ticket details now. Now just need to decide how we take forward.  We had kids with us and went to ground really early so missed most of trouble. After was a mare though. uefa's artificial boundaries for a refund are a joke. I'm gonna do something, just dunno what.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2132 on: March 7, 2023, 09:35:21 pm »
Only thing UEFA understand is MONEY! Like we will be happy to take a refund and that is their hands washed of the situation. No thanks!

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #2133 on: March 7, 2023, 09:36:52 pm »
I don’t want to speak out of turn and I’m saying this with some anger, but I believe 2 Hillsborough survivors have passed on due to the effects of Paris, and these fuckers want to maybe refund the price of the ticket? Until these people are held properly responsible for the Stadium debacle, the muggings, the assaults & the effects thereafter there’s no justice. How the people who planned this are still in their positions I do not know. That event has resulted in the loss of life, it wasn’t on the night, but it certainly was because of it. How dare they offer your money back by way of apology. Sack those responsible, tell us how it failed, why it won’t again, and what’s your commitment to ensuring it won’t. That would be a start.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2134 on: March 8, 2023, 08:17:25 am »
For those struggling to see what tickets you had, follow the instructions on the UEFA site here: https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/7943000079516 and it should at least tell you what gate you were.

I think everyone should be messaging asking for a refund though, this wasn't a gate related problem.

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2135 on: March 8, 2023, 08:28:45 am »
For those struggling to see what tickets you had, follow the instructions on the UEFA site here: https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/7943000079516 and it should at least tell you what gate you were.

I think everyone should be messaging asking for a refund though, this wasn't a gate related problem.

Problem is mate UEFA have wiped the history from the ticket app so this advice is useless.
Massive coincidence do you think that it’s just gone recently before they announced this, cos when I checked a few weeks ago when rumours started about refunds it was defo still there. Fkn cheats

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: March 8, 2023, 08:30:19 am »
I think every single person there, from both sets of fans, hospitality and VIPs should sue.

Shove ya grubby little attempt at cleaning your corrupt organisation of blame and accept everything about the event was disgraceful.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2137 on: March 8, 2023, 09:42:22 am »
Problem is mate UEFA have wiped the history from the ticket app so this advice is useless.
Massive coincidence do you think that it’s just gone recently before they announced this, cos when I checked a few weeks ago when rumours started about refunds it was defo still there. Fkn cheats

Have you tried following the exact steps on the page? I can't find the ticket history anywhere other than there.

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2138 on: March 8, 2023, 10:24:59 am »
Have you tried following the exact steps on the page? I can't find the ticket history anywhere other than there.

Yep they seem to have moved everything to the portal away from the app. But it makes no odds, once you log in, and as another fella on here spotted, they’ve logged us all out of the app which wasn’t the case at least a few weeks ago and the transfer history is now blank even though we know it was there before cos that’s what we used to get in

Clearly trying to minimise the number of people who try and claim directly to them and not via the club

Online RedRon

• Main Stander
« Reply #2139 on: March 8, 2023, 11:59:35 am »
I'm in the same boat as others here, I bought two tickets direct from UEFA CAT1 at €550 each. Nothing on my app or online ticket portal but I do have the email/invoice they sent (but no ticket details). Having followed UEFAs link I see my ticket was gate U but according to UEFA not eligible for a refund on my overpriced tickets.

Me and my 13 year old lad did the same route from fan Park to stadium aa everyone else and were stuck for around 2.5 hours outside mainly in the underpass and ramp crowding and it was a terrifying experience. But as I was gate U I must have been fine according to UEFA.

Will also look into what options I have. I didn't register any claims as wasn't physically injured or victim of local gang theft but may contact Binghams to see what my options are.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #2140 on: March 8, 2023, 03:50:58 pm »
I don’t want to speak out of turn and I’m saying this with some anger, but I believe 2 Hillsborough survivors have passed on due to the effects of Paris, and these fuckers want to maybe refund the price of the ticket? Until these people are held properly responsible for the Stadium debacle, the muggings, the assaults & the effects thereafter there’s no justice. How the people who planned this are still in their positions I do not know. That event has resulted in the loss of life, it wasn’t on the night, but it certainly was because of it. How dare they offer your money back by way of apology. Sack those responsible, tell us how it failed, why it won’t again, and what’s your commitment to ensuring it won’t. That would be a start.

I feel that too.  I posted on here that me 73 year old Da left the ground early ( ah fuck off Liverpool mood ) . Anyway he got attacked and took a few vollies to his head . He went to his doctors a few times in June and in July he had some kind of stroke thing . He's been in hozzy a few times since and had two operations . He gets out once , maybe twice a week now on his crutches and we have a pint . His quality of life has declined ever since and I know he'll never be the same again. I've got knots in my stomach typing this.

The fuckin C unts !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #2141 on: March 8, 2023, 04:18:07 pm »
I'm in the same boat as others here, I bought two tickets direct from UEFA CAT1 at €550 each. Nothing on my app or online ticket portal but I do have the email/invoice they sent (but no ticket details). Having followed UEFAs link I see my ticket was gate U but according to UEFA not eligible for a refund on my overpriced tickets.

Me and my 13 year old lad did the same route from fan Park to stadium aa everyone else and were stuck for around 2.5 hours outside mainly in the underpass and ramp crowding and it was a terrifying experience. But as I was gate U I must have been fine according to UEFA.

Will also look into what options I have. I didn't register any claims as wasn't physically injured or victim of local gang theft but may contact Binghams to see what my options are.

My position is quite similar, my son got 2 category 2 tickets in the ballot. We entered towards the Real end and got the train to that station so avoided the worst of the problems. Someone was in our seats so we stood, spent all pre-match and early part of the game looking over the back wall at what was going on. Watched the game with limited interest and then ran the gauntlet to get away from the ground. My experience was miles better than a lot but not sure it equated to the 500 Euro experience we were sold.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2142 on: March 8, 2023, 04:59:57 pm »
really feel it for all you guys - fuckin uefa bastards

what should have been a fantastic night turned into a nightmare

hope you all have success suing them or getting some sort of comp - just a ticket refund is so insensitive and it speaks volumes for that shite organisation's principles

make sure you boo the champions league theme when it's played - those of you going to madrid

i'll be booing it here in front of me telly  >:(
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2143 on: March 8, 2023, 05:20:16 pm »
Does anyone know whether there are plans to take the anti French State and anti UEFA flags to Madrid next week?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: March 8, 2023, 05:33:37 pm »
I feel that too.  I posted on here that me 73 year old Da left the ground early ( ah fuck off Liverpool mood ) . Anyway he got attacked and took a few vollies to his head . He went to his doctors a few times in June and in July he had some kind of stroke thing . He's been in hozzy a few times since and had two operations . He gets out once , maybe twice a week now on his crutches and we have a pint . His quality of life has declined ever since and I know he'll never be the same again. I've got knots in my stomach typing this.

The fuckin C unts !

So sorry to hear this mate and no surprise you're in knots, that's truly awful for you all.

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #2145 on: March 8, 2023, 07:54:15 pm »

The fuckin C unts !
I remember your post at the time. It was one of several that really got to me. It made me feel guilty as we'd got away so lightly, pure luck that we headed to the train station at the other end and missed the worst of the gangs. Gutted that it's left your dad with such devastating problems. Cases like this make the offer of your ticket money back seem like a sick joke.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2146 on: March 8, 2023, 08:28:35 pm »

The fuckin C unts !

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your Dad recovers some of his quality of life.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2147 on: March 8, 2023, 09:11:51 pm »
Really sorry to hear about your dad kesey.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #2148 on: March 8, 2023, 11:27:38 pm »

The fuckin C unts !

Really sorry to hear this Brother.
This is what UEFA need holding to account for, in no way is it acceptable for people to go to a game and have to endure this afterwards.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: March 9, 2023, 10:57:27 am »
That's a terrible account of the trip Kesey mate. There was so much cuntish behaviour conducted entirely by non-football fans, officials, authorities and local gobshite. It's awful.

Hope your dad can recover soon.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: March 9, 2023, 11:31:02 am »
Really sorry to hear about your dad kesey.
+1

Cowardly shithouses.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #2151 on: March 9, 2023, 11:57:02 am »
Thanks everyone . Since it happened he's still been chirpy as fuck and his head is still switched on . It's his mobility thats the problem. He can get about on crutches and get the pub once ir twice a week . This was a fit man who'd walk about ten miles a day and have a pint or five in his favourite pubs when on his walk , sadly them days are gone and he's also developed a stutter which is deffo related to what happened . I told everyone going to Paris to be careful in Saibt - Denis as its one rough gaff and I know from experience . Everybody listened to me apart from me Dad. What happened after the game has to is the authorities fault 100%. They knew there would be muggings and attacks but took no pre emptive measures to stop it. It infuriates me to fuck.

Thanks again folks .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2152 on: March 9, 2023, 01:26:46 pm »
Thanks everyone . Since it happened he's still been chirpy as fuck and his head is still switched on . It's his mobility thats the problem. He can get about on crutches and get the pub once ir twice a week . This was a fit man who'd walk about ten miles a day and have a pint or five in his favourite pubs when on his walk , sadly them days are gone and he's also developed a stutter which is deffo related to what happened . I told everyone going to Paris to be careful in Saibt - Denis as its one rough gaff and I know from experience . Everybody listened to me apart from me Dad. What happened after the game has to is the authorities fault 100%. They knew there would be muggings and attacks but took no pre emptive measures to stop it. It infuriates me to fuck.

Thanks again folks .

Awful to hear and I hope he gets his mobility back in time.

I hope these lawsuits against UEFA come to something and people sue the arses off them.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2153 on: March 9, 2023, 02:54:38 pm »
Madrid have rejected any collaboration with UEFA regarding refunds. And they want all of their fans that attended to be compensated.

Feel it was a massive missed opportunity for both clubs to have worked together on it.
AHA!

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2154 on: March 9, 2023, 03:00:46 pm »
Maybe they should have not declined to be involved with the report which they're now depending on? Seems like they hung their own fans out to dry as well as ours.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: March 9, 2023, 04:12:59 pm »
Good on Real Madrid.

Official Announcement
09/03/2023

In relation to the disturbing incidents that occurred in the surroundings of the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, Paris, on 28 May 2022, for the Champions League Final between Real Madrid C. F. and Liverpool FC, the club would like to state the following:

- A report by a team of experts commissioned by UEFA was released on 13 February 2023. After examining a substantial amount of documentation and taking the evidence it deemed appropriate, this team of experts concluded that, alongside other institutions, UEFA itself is directly responsible for the events that took place in the vicinity of the stadium. The report holds UEFA responsible for the arbitrary choice of location and for the organisation of the final. Its serious shortcomings put the safety and physical integrity of the fans who attended the match at risk. Many of them were victims of ticket theft and the theft of personal belongings such as bags, phones and wallets. And more seriously, some of these fans were subjected to physical assaults that required medical attention and admission to hospital.

- Given the conclusiveness of the experts' findings and the seriousness of the events described, Real Madrid has been holding talks with UEFA with the aim of assessing the compensation that will be offered to the fans. Our club was entirely confident that these solutions would be in line with the seriousness of the events, the extent of the damage caused and UEFA's responsibility for them.
      - Regrettably, our club believes that UEFA's proposal, officially announced last Tuesday, is insufficient. It merely consists of the reimbursement of the ticket price, which is also subject to the fulfilment of a series of requirements, including providing proof of the time of access to the stadium.

- The content of the report, which was commissioned by UEFA itself, stresses that all fans attending the final were victims of its inadequate organisation and their safety and security were compromised. Therefore, irrespective of whether or not they were able to enter the stadium, or whether they did so at the expected time, which at any rate was due to the exceptionally good behaviour of the fans of the two clubs, the fact is that all the fans experienced an unacceptable delay in the start of the match. In addition, there was unacceptable insecurity both in accessing and leaving the stadium, as well as additional harm such as theft, assaults and threats.

For this reason, Real Madrid has decided not to cooperate in the restricted compensation procedure proposed by UEFA, which we ask to redress the situation and assume its full responsibility.

In these circumstances, an online assistance service will be made available in the next few days to enable all Real Madrid members and fans who experienced any kind of harm at the 2022 Champions League final in Paris to make the appropriate claims against UEFA for their personal and legitimate interests. The club will announce the details of this assistance service in the coming days.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64898815
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2156 on: March 9, 2023, 04:17:52 pm »
Good on Real Madrid.
Happy to be corrected but did they want nothing to do with the report but now that money is involved, they are piping up?

Apologies if I've got this wrong.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: March 9, 2023, 04:46:05 pm »
Fantastic statement by Madrid.

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2158 on: March 9, 2023, 08:24:06 pm »
10 out of 10 for Madrid.  They express my thoughts exactly.  It is telling though, we went in via the neutral/Madrid end and although it wasn’t too bad before the game, it was really scary afterwards.  You could see Madrid fans were simply not expecting it and I can see why they have taken the stance they have.

If I’m honest, I’m disappointed in club and Spirit of Shankly who sought a deal on our side.  They seem to have accepted UEFA’s completely arbitrary decision to draw a line using turnstiles and time in ground.  And that only LFC fans who bought tickets via the club, or those that were late in the ground were affected.  It’s illogical, arbitrary and divisive. 

I’m one of those was incredibly lucky to grab two UEFA tickets at the last minute.  I still consider myself lucky and I wouldn’t change anything and don’t regret going to a European Cup Final involving the club I have supported for decades.  I took my kid for their first euro final and they feel the same. But, from the second we knew there were problems outside, the whole experience changed from enjoyment to worry.   But, just because we happened to go through a turnstile 50 yards from another one, I’m not going to go get a refund for the 1100 euros we spent.

Everyone at that game was affected in one way or another.  UEFA should refund everyone. Simple.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2023, 08:40:06 pm by rewood »

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2159 on: March 9, 2023, 10:25:34 pm »
Let’s not forget that Real Madrid declined to co-operate with the independent enquiry, (the only ones involved who didn’t) so I have no sympathy now they’re crying over partial supporter refunds. There was representation from a Spanish Fan Group, and if Madrid had helped perhaps all of their supporters may have got a refund. So it’s their own fault.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"