Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1350674 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES
« Reply #31600 on: May 21, 2024, 01:29:25 pm »
Another day, another defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-69043611
A victory for common sense.  I'm sure Esther McVey is delighted.

I remember that law coming in off the back of the Just Stop Oil protests last year and it was clear at the time that it was over-reaching and heavy handed.  Wilful obstruction of the highway has been an offence for decades so the police could have moved the protestors under existing laws (and, in most cases, did).  Reclassifying almost anything as "serious disruption" gave the police far too much power and there's not a police force in this country that I'd entrust with that much power.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31601 on: May 21, 2024, 01:41:35 pm »
A victory for common sense.  I'm sure Esther McVey is delighted.

I remember that law coming in off the back of the Just Stop Oil protests last year and it was clear at the time that it was over-reaching and heavy handed.  Wilful obstruction of the highway has been an offence for decades so the police could have moved the protestors under existing laws (and, in most cases, did).  Reclassifying almost anything as "serious disruption" gave the police far too much power and there's not a police force in this country that I'd entrust with that much power.

That was the Police and Crime bill, there was also the public order bill that was rushed through for the Coronation.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31602 on: May 21, 2024, 01:51:50 pm »
That was the Police and Crime bill, there was also the public order bill that was rushed through for the Coronation.
I've lost track  :o

All these new bills and the teenagers around here still terrorise the shop keepers with impunity and the boats still roll up on Kent beaches.  They won't win the Reform UK voters back like this!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #31603 on: May 21, 2024, 06:24:10 pm »
Water companies wanting to hike bills between 25 and 91% over the next 5 years.  Sure, fine. As long as the money is matched by shareholders and they dont see a dividend for 20 years.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31604 on: May 21, 2024, 06:26:19 pm »
Water companies wanting to hike bills between 25 and 91% over the next 5 years.  Sure, fine. As long as the money is matched by shareholders and they dont see a dividend for 20 years.

When the time is right, Labour need to make more of this.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31605 on: May 21, 2024, 06:36:59 pm »

One thing good about an election year is that the Tories are resisting any of this. Even things like reform of the universal service obligation, apparently Labour have stated they are willing to make changes with Royal Mail but the Tories have blatantly said no.

It will be up to Labour to make sure they resist this going forward.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #31606 on: May 21, 2024, 06:45:56 pm »

You think you're getting those turds in your fresh water supply for free? In this economy?

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #31607 on: May 22, 2024, 06:59:37 am »
Not even pretending that voter is isn’t voter suppression now

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31608 on: May 22, 2024, 08:04:58 am »
Sunak is probably using his time left before calling a GE to prepare plans to block off London with the police and army when he declares the result null and void.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31609 on: May 22, 2024, 08:09:02 am »
Inflation down to 2.3%. Which is actually less than forecast.   

Now we need above inflation pay rises in order to get wages back to where they should be.

We will be perpetually worse off unless this happens
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #31610 on: May 22, 2024, 08:17:25 am »

Too late to help the Tories.

Feels appropriate that while they have had to endure (at least partially self-inflicted) very tough economic conditions, Labour should be inheriting a situation where inflation is back under control and interest rates start to fall.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #31611 on: May 22, 2024, 08:18:49 am »

Now we need above inflation pay rises in order to get wages back to where they should be.

Posted this in the economy thread.

Inflation down to 2.3%

Tories obviously trying to spin it as their plan working..

But the inflation value is based on the average over the last April-April period. Inflation in March last year was 10.1% so those figures 'dropped off' the calculation meaning there was always going to be a drop.

And the standard 'Inflation doesn't mean things are getting cheaper, it just means prices are not rising as fast.'

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31612 on: May 22, 2024, 10:06:26 am »
I know it's more a human interest story than a political one, but seeing what this Tory/UKIPper has been through, getting sepsis and losing parts of all four limbs, is just horrific.  I hope he can recover to the best possible state, but I guess it pushed me to think a little bit of the actual person behind the policies, and how I wouldn't wish things like this on anyone despite despising some of the views they hold.

My limbs were amputated after sepsis, says MP Craig Mackinlay
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31613 on: May 22, 2024, 10:13:07 am »
I know it's more a human interest story than a political one, but seeing what this Tory/UKIPper has been through, getting sepsis and losing parts of all four limbs, is just horrific.  I hope he can recover to the best possible state, but I guess it pushed me to think a little bit of the actual person behind the policies, and how I wouldn't wish things like this on anyone despite despising some of the views they hold.

Horrible thing to happen - imagine what would have happened to him if we didn't have the NHS..........
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31614 on: May 22, 2024, 10:14:13 am »
Horrible thing to happen - imagine what would have happened to him if we didn't have the NHS..........
Indeed.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #31615 on: May 22, 2024, 10:23:11 am »

The worrying thing is that sepsis seems so difficult to trace. With other bacterial or viral infections the source is usually traced but with sepsis just seems to be viewed as ‘one if those things’.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31616 on: May 22, 2024, 10:23:57 am »
I'm finding it hard to muster up any sympathy or empathy for a man that has continually voted to make life harder for disabled people, the poor and the country in general.  Perhaps this will open his eyes to his failings in the past, if so then I'm glad and hope he enjoys his new found humanity.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31617 on: May 22, 2024, 10:27:10 am »
I'm finding it hard to muster up any sympathy or empathy for a man that has continually voted to make life harder for disabled people, the poor and the country in general.  Perhaps this will open his eyes to his failings in the past, if so then I'm glad and hope he enjoys his new found humanity.

Agree.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31618 on: May 22, 2024, 11:59:02 am »

I doubt it mate when one of the first things he did was replace his NHS prosthetics for high tech bionic ones.

I have a client who had amniotic band syndrome whilst pregnant with her first child so her son was born with part of his right arm missing.

Having set up an amazing charity to help other limb different kids, they still had to raise over £25k to pay for a similar bionic arm for him.  They massively exceeded that amount meaning another 3 kids have also been fitted with one.

This prick's got enough cash to never need to or have to think about the hardships anyone else might be going through in similar circumstances.  Losing a few limbs won't make a jot of difference to his thoughts processes.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #31619 on: May 22, 2024, 01:09:22 pm »
Agree.

Not holding my breath on him learning any humility and empathy from all this.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31620 on: May 22, 2024, 01:13:26 pm »

It's higher than forecasted, it was forecast to come in at 2.1%.

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/c17be87f-c7ff-426c-9679-18eedb1bdeb6
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #31621 on: May 22, 2024, 01:39:12 pm »
Sunaks reaction to Zarah Sultanas question in PMQs today was fucking vile. Honestly, it's so blatantly obvious who the arseholes are in life. Yet idiots vote for them.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #31622 on: May 22, 2024, 01:48:26 pm »
what did he say?
Believer

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31623 on: May 22, 2024, 01:49:45 pm »
It's higher than forecasted, it was forecast to come in at 2.1%.

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/c17be87f-c7ff-426c-9679-18eedb1bdeb6
The fall is less than forecast. Poor use of English on my part!
W

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #31624 on: May 22, 2024, 02:02:08 pm »
what did he say?

When she explained the atrocities and asked him if he'd stop selling arms, he quipped "nice to see the labour party has changed".

Who says that after hearing about the deaths of thousands?

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31625 on: May 22, 2024, 02:10:50 pm »
The fall is less than forecast. Poor use of English on my part!

I regularly butcher the English language  ;D
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31626 on: May 22, 2024, 02:30:30 pm »
maybe the wrong thread but anyhow ....

after seeing many headlines but glossing over them, last night I caught up with the Royal Mail - Mr Bates stuff.

wow.  holy shit. what a disgusting bunch of "human beings".

Bates is from Liverpool originally.  anyone know whereabouts?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #31627 on: May 22, 2024, 06:25:17 pm »
maybe the wrong thread but anyhow ....

after seeing many headlines but glossing over them, last night I caught up with the Royal Mail - Mr Bates stuff.

wow.  holy shit. what a disgusting bunch of "human beings".

Bates is from Liverpool originally.  anyone know whereabouts?

Yeah he lives at the Top of Colwyn Bay a village called Llanelian
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #31628 on: May 22, 2024, 11:00:46 pm »
When she explained the atrocities and asked him if he'd stop selling arms, he quipped "nice to see the labour party has changed".

Who says that after hearing about the deaths of thousands?

a sociopath

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #31629 on: May 23, 2024, 10:05:02 am »
a sociopath

As I said. So simple for me to see who the evil is. Yet...people still vote for them.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Re: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!
« Reply #31630 on: May 24, 2024, 02:38:10 pm »
Quote from: Grant Shapps when asked about 75 Tory MPs standing down
You often get this illusion that there are more standing down from the governing side and of course the good reason for that is there are by definition more MPs on the governing side.
::)

Tory: 346 MPs.  75 standing down.  22%.
Labour: 205 MPs.  21 standing down (including the two recent defections from the Tories).  10%.

22 and 10 are the same number and if you think otherwise then you've fallen victim to the illusion.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #31631 on: May 25, 2024, 09:29:17 am »
I'm still waiting for some interviewer to ask a Tory after 19 years of being told repeatedly, every.....single.....year....they put record amounts of money into the NHS and School and Police how come they are such a shittip now?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31632 on: May 25, 2024, 10:38:36 am »
I'm still waiting for some interviewer to ask a Tory after 19 years of being told repeatedly, every.....single.....year....they put record amounts of money into the NHS and School and Police how come they are such a shittip now?

Jeremy C*nt in the Telegraph saying inheritance tax is against Conservative values.

Well, if that is the case, your lit have had 14 years to replace or reform it.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31633 on: May 25, 2024, 12:58:45 pm »
Just read that the home office want to deport a one year old child, who was born in the UK, because her parents took her on a short holiday before having her visa status confirmed. The parents are both in the UK legally, but their one year old child is about to be deported.

The election can't come soon enough. Absolute fucking scumbags the lot of them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31634 on: May 25, 2024, 01:11:18 pm »
Just read that the home office want to deport a one year old child, who was born in the UK, because her parents took her on a short holiday before having her visa status confirmed. The parents are both in the UK legally, but their one year old child is about to be deported.

The election can't come soon enough. Absolute fucking scumbags the lot of them.

Sounds like an idiotic case of box ticking rather than using a bit of common fucking sense. Sounds like they need a minister for that...

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31635 on: May 25, 2024, 01:47:54 pm »
Sounds like an idiotic case of box ticking rather than using a bit of common fucking sense. Sounds like they need a minister for that...

So who is the Shadow Minister for Common Fucking Sense then?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31636 on: May 25, 2024, 02:33:57 pm »
So who is the Shadow Minister for Common Fucking Sense then?

The opposition are probably too sensible to need one tbf

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 08:44:46 am by TSC »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31638 on: May 30, 2024, 09:29:35 am »
She needs booting that one. So desperate for attention she'll say or do almost anything now. Doesn't help that she has a dangerous lack of self awareness. I don't think she's mentally or emotionally competent to serve.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #31639 on: May 30, 2024, 12:19:15 pm »
The former PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/liz-truss-rishi-sunak-lotus-eaters-jess-phillips-b2553613.html

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/sunak-urged-deselect-liz-truss-appearance-controversial-podcast/
I was arguing with someone over how tory the telegraph is 😁.  In its favour this story pops up in there with minimal searching. They could easily have not reported it.  Maybe even they arent fully behind the tories!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.