Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1340593 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #15000 on: September 29, 2022, 07:19:36 am »
A PM external advisor has attacked Kwarteng. Operation blame KwaCunt is in full flow.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15001 on: September 29, 2022, 07:59:53 am »

So Liz Truss will emerge from her hole today to give a round of interviews to, wait for it, local radio. Brazen attempt to avoid proper scrutiny. Surprised she didn’t offer to be interviewed by Blue Peter. F*cking coward.

Her strategy is clear, complete denial. Having begged the BoE to bail them out yesterday she’ll pretend our predicament is no different to other countries and that it’s all down to Ukraine. Not sure even the Tory rags will buy that, albeit they are culpable for cheerleading this Laffer curve inspired drivel before suddenly going quiet.

Also this idea that it’s Kwarteng’s head on the line and not hers is absurd and should not be given oxygen. Yet another act of cowardice on her part.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #15002 on: September 29, 2022, 08:04:43 am »
Chris Philp mp on Sky news. What an arrogant lying prick of a man coming out with all that bullshit, and being given an easy ride by the presenter.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15003 on: September 29, 2022, 08:11:25 am »
The media are certainly getting in people to peddle the line that we are now repaying the cost of the pandemic wrapped up with energy and other costs driven mainly by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  I've yet to hear anyone refute this, or point to other European nations that are faring better.
(I have no idea how EUR vs USD looks)

Paul
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15004 on: September 29, 2022, 08:11:49 am »
So Liz Truss will emerge from her hole today to give a round of interviews to, wait for it, local radio. Brazen attempt to avoid proper scrutiny. Surprised she didn’t offer to be interviewed by Blue Peter. F*cking coward.

Her strategy is clear, complete denial. Having begged the BoE to bail them out yesterday she’ll pretend our predicament is no different to other countries and that it’s all down to Ukraine. Not sure even the Tory rags will buy that, albeit they are culpable for cheerleading this Laffer curve inspired drivel before suddenly going quiet.

Also this idea that it’s Kwarteng’s head on the line and not hers is absurd and should not be given oxygen. Yet another act of cowardice on her part.

BBC Leeds first. Her first question - Where have you been? :D

She’ll get a grilling and will give some shite, rehearsed answers to questions she wanted to get, rather than will get. Just a question of how much people give a shit.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #15005 on: September 29, 2022, 08:21:47 am »
Its easy to tune into all the stations via BBC Sounds....but whats the point she wont answer any challenging and  awkward questions just spout out stuff she has been rehearsing with her staff in a bunker all this week.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15006 on: September 29, 2022, 08:30:47 am »
The media are certainly getting in people to peddle the line that we are now repaying the cost of the pandemic wrapped up with energy and other costs driven mainly by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  I've yet to hear anyone refute this, or point to other European nations that are faring better.

Paul

Well, we should be repaying costs. Which is exactly why reducing income in taxes is absolutely insane.

The EUR is very weak too, otherwise the pound would look even weaker.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15007 on: September 29, 2022, 08:41:39 am »
Its easy to tune into all the stations via BBC Sounds....but whats the point she wont answer any challenging and  awkward questions just spout out stuff she has been rehearsing with her staff in a bunker all this week.

Because thats her all over. She cant even talk properly so her team is doing all they can to shield her. It wont last long though, circumstances have allowed her to hide and the pressure internally and externally is growing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:46:47 am by killer-heels »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15008 on: September 29, 2022, 08:48:15 am »

Paul

I don’t think you can ignore the pandemic and invasion, they certainly don’t help events but like you say everyone has had to deal with them and we do always seem to suffer more then most when these crises happen. Every currency is down against the USD, but not as much as GBP.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #15009 on: September 29, 2022, 08:50:19 am »
She’s repeating the mantra that it’s all about the energy price cap despite that being announced a few days before the pound dropped the second the mini budget was announced  :butt
Believer

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15010 on: September 29, 2022, 08:55:21 am »
Has Liz Truss gone to the Winchester to have a pint and wait for this to all blow over?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15012 on: September 29, 2022, 09:00:09 am »
She’s repeating the mantra that it’s all about the energy price cap despite that being announced a few days before the pound dropped the second the mini budget was announced  :butt

It's insane. I'm fairly relaxed on matters out of my control but reading those updates made me want to throttle the lying, deluded bitch from half a world away. She doesn't give a single fuck about other people, about the consequences of her actions, knowing what she doesn't know.

You need to more than just remove her and anyone who tied their fortunes to her. Make an example of her, that befits the consequences of what she's doing. Removing Kwarteng alone is a cop out.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15013 on: September 29, 2022, 09:04:18 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/sep/29/liz-truss-kwasi-kwarteng-mini-budget-sterling-crisis-economy-conservatives-uk-politics-live-updates

She's not fit to wield power.

She certainly isn't.

And by saying that all our problems are due to the war in Ukraine she is simply encouraging the British people to ditch Zelensky and bring the war to a swift end.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15014 on: September 29, 2022, 09:07:04 am »
It's insane. I'm fairly relaxed on matters out of my control but reading those updates made me want to throttle the lying, deluded bitch from half a world away. She doesn't give a single fuck about other people, about the consequences of her actions, knowing what she doesn't know.

You need to more than just remove her and anyone who tied their fortunes to her. Make an example of her, that befits the consequences of what she's doing. Removing Kwarteng alone is a cop out.

If she gets rid of Kwarteng, she is fucked. She isnt popular internally anyway, the idea that they will be able to pin it on some lanky dickhead like him is not credible. An already weak PM will have fucked up on day one.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15015 on: September 29, 2022, 09:12:05 am »
She certainly isn't.

And by saying that all our problems are due to the war in Ukraine she is simply encouraging the British people to ditch Zelensky and bring the war to a swift end.

Well, the Tories are the party of dirty Russian money  ;)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #15016 on: September 29, 2022, 09:27:26 am »
An already weak PM will have fucked up on day one.

Well, she did promise to "hit the ground" on day one.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15017 on: September 29, 2022, 09:30:16 am »
Well, she did promise to "hit the ground" on day one.

Would be great if she dies on her feet, like I have been predicting for over a year.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15018 on: September 29, 2022, 09:36:25 am »
BBC Leeds first. Her first question - Where have you been? :D

She’ll get a grilling and will give some shite, rehearsed answers to questions she wanted to get, rather than will get. Just a question of how much people give a shit.
She's getting a pasting from BBC Lancashire on fracking. Hasn't got a scooby.

https://twitter.com/dinosofos/status/1575389891453648901?s=20&t=sY19s0JNzg0oaKkztw5MYA
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15019 on: September 29, 2022, 09:40:29 am »

https://twitter.com/dinosofos/status/1575389891453648901?s=20&t=sY19s0JNzg0oaKkztw5MYA

Everybody pasted her, good on the local journalists, they absolutely ripped her to shreds. Either her team expected Disney questions, or they felt they could minimise the damage by reducing the exposure.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15020 on: September 29, 2022, 09:42:32 am »
The Tories are completely fucked in terms of messaging. They are parroting the line of economic growth and putting out videos trying to explain how growth will benefit everyone. However, its just not a powerful line as ‘levelling up’ that Bozo used.

They are trying to promote the positive response people like the CBI gave them, which of course people showed during Brexit that they dont give a shit about.

The thing with Johnson is although he was a lying chancer he knew where the public mood was. He's made a career out of shapeshifting in that way. He jumped on leveling up as realising he had to throw people from poor areas who had voted Brexit/Tory a bone.

What Truss and Kwarteng are doing may have worked more with public opinion in 2010 when Cameron sold austerity on enough of the the public and the financial situation wasn't as precarious with energy and inflation etc.

It's the fact the timing is just completely wrong as well as economically illiterate. It's not where the public are at all. Not after 10 years of austerity and then a pandemic which further enriched the fat cats 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:47:32 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15021 on: September 29, 2022, 09:49:11 am »
In the 'Ministry of Truth' Torygraph...

Allister Heath
@AllisterHeath
Liz Truss must hold her nerve as the world tips into a calamitous recession

The Prime Minister has a crisis plan, unlike the elites whose orthodoxy brought the global economy to the brink

https://twitter.com/AllisterHeath/status/1575247117706268686

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15022 on: September 29, 2022, 09:52:08 am »

Paul
Euro is down against the dollar as are most currencies.  The more damning exchange rate is pound against the euro:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pound+to+euro

The Eurozone has a mess of its own to deal with and is more directly affected by the Russian invasion than we are.  Their central rates are considerably lower than both the US and UK so they have it within their gift to raise the value of the euro without creating too much pain.  It feels like the BoE have hit a point where they know any future rate rises are going to cause problems but will have to do so anyway.

Inflation in the UK is still higher than Europe as a whole despite some crazy outliers in the countries that border Ukraine/Russia.  It's a spectacular failure to have UK inflation at 2% higher than Germany considering how reliant Germany made itself on Russia.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #15023 on: September 29, 2022, 09:52:40 am »
unlike the elites whose orthodoxy brought the global economy to the brink

Would love this twat to explain who and what he means
Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15024 on: September 29, 2022, 09:53:09 am »
In the 'Ministry of Truth' Torygraph...

Allister Heath
@AllisterHeath

https://twitter.com/AllisterHeath/status/1575247117706268686

Thing is, I have done the good deed and public service of reading the comments on the Torygraph and Conservative Home and the vast majority are not only ripping Truss to shreds but hammering Hannan, Rees-Mogg, Heath etc. To be fair to Mogg, he hasnt even said anything yet ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15025 on: September 29, 2022, 09:54:37 am »
Everybody pasted her, good on the local journalists, they absolutely ripped her to shreds. Either her team expected Disney questions, or they felt they could minimise the damage by reducing the exposure.
I think very much that.  This round of interviews lets them answer the question "Where is Liz Truss?" without providing national exposure.  Replaying radio interviews on TV isn't exactly box office so unlikely many of the main news shows will pick up on it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15026 on: September 29, 2022, 09:56:19 am »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15027 on: September 29, 2022, 09:56:59 am »

Wow. Sheer ineptitude.

The choice of local BBC radio was a bad one by Truss's camp. They probably thought that it would give them a softer ride than the Today programme etc. But these local journalists are well briefed and see it as their shot at stardom. Truss was well and truly fracked there.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15028 on: September 29, 2022, 09:57:03 am »
Indeed.  Quite how the Tories have managed to position themselves as being anything other than the "elites" is anyone's guess.

Also, trickle down economics is headlining page 1 of the "elites" "orthodoxy" manual.  Nothing Truss or Kwarteng have done is new or innovative, the main reason it's getting any attention is that they've enacted classic Tory policies at just about the worst time possible.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15029 on: September 29, 2022, 09:57:29 am »
To be fair to Mogg, he hasnt even said anything yet ;D

Definitely a case of 'he doesn't have to say anything'  ;D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #15030 on: September 29, 2022, 10:02:57 am »
They did radio so she could have advisors briefing her on the fly. And they still got eviscerated

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15031 on: September 29, 2022, 10:06:27 am »

He got called a c*nt on one of the Conservative Home comments. From his own people as well. It was probably Sixtus.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15032 on: September 29, 2022, 10:06:44 am »

Has anybody asked that twat whether we deserve a General Election yet? He was absolutely sure it was a "constitutional necessity" when Johnson was selected as PM by the Tory membership.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15033 on: September 29, 2022, 10:12:48 am »
She's literally said again the max you'll pay on your energy is £2500. Honestly she's a stupid twat isn't she.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #15034 on: September 29, 2022, 10:15:02 am »
She's literally said again the max you'll pay on your energy is £2500. Honestly she's a stupid twat isn't she.

Some people actually believe this as well, and think they can use whatever energy they want this winter, an expensive mistake to make...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15035 on: September 29, 2022, 10:20:04 am »
Wow. Sheer ineptitude.

The choice of local BBC radio was a bad one by Truss's camp. They probably thought that it would give them a softer ride than the Today programme etc. But these local journalists are well briefed and see it as their shot at stardom. Truss was well and truly fracked there.
I disagree with the latter part. These presenters have been hearing about the cost of living crisis from their listeners every day, they're not part of the cosy Westminster lobby clique, and are not going to be fobbed off by the usual mateyness. They also have their own local issues that are important to them but not to Conservative central office so I doubt if Truss was briefed on their importance. It's not John Humphrys smirking at her and wondering when their next dinner party is going to be in any case.

Either way, it's another catastrophic miscalculation from Truss.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15036 on: September 29, 2022, 10:23:52 am »
If they announce massive public spending cuts next, do we have an idea how the market will react?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15037 on: September 29, 2022, 10:26:30 am »

Ive just had my bill, its going to be £600 a month electric only. There was no reduction written on my bill.

How do this government help show on the bill?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15038 on: September 29, 2022, 10:27:14 am »

That's so fucking dangerous. Martin Lewis is being drowned out on this - but the message needs to be made so loudly that absolutely nobody's bill is capped at £2,500. People in poorly insulated/large households will pay significantly more. They'll pay a LOT less than they would have without the energy bills scheme, but still could be double that.

It's based on unit cost. The absolutely fucking disaster of the Govt comms on this is they haven't absolutely nailed down the "use less, pay less" message. Obviously its easier said than done, but its so essential.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15039 on: September 29, 2022, 10:28:05 am »

It's clearly addressing the radical shift from traditional economic policy. Whereas Labour were seen as "tax and spend" and the tories were about cutting taxes and efficiency savings, Truss has developed the "cut tax, spend loads  then borrow, rob, steal and check behind the sofa for loose chage" economic model.;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:34:46 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art