Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2214681 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #25920 on: January 27, 2023, 09:22:26 am »
He'll take them down unless there's some amazing transfer window work over the next few days which Newcastle seem determined to give them a chance to do by paying money for the worst winger in the league.

We'll probably have another player or two missing the Real Madrid tie now too.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25921 on: January 27, 2023, 09:24:37 am »
The derby is going to be grim.
It's not even going to approach the lofty heights of 'grim'.  There's no way that a broadcaster will be allowed to show it to children, and only to consenting adults if they have written consent from their doctors.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25922 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:19 am »

They're so shit I think they could step up and get some sort of result.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25923 on: January 27, 2023, 09:33:02 am »
Bielsa deffo turned them down. Shame cos I reckon Dyche will keep them up. Proper brexit footy.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25924 on: January 27, 2023, 09:36:53 am »
Here comes all that "Dogs of War" shite again...

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25925 on: January 27, 2023, 09:42:00 am »
Dyche to be appointed today.
Dyche going down with Everton would top Hodgson having one last punt as a manager and getting Watford relegated.

Of all the names touted he's probably the best fit but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he keeps them up.  Goodison will be a pit for the Arsenal game and I'm glad the derby is at Anfield.  Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford after that so a reasonable chance to pick up points if they can get organised.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25926 on: January 27, 2023, 09:43:29 am »
Always has to come back to dogs of war with these. Their fans will buy into the alehouse and shithouse tactics. They boo if the ball isn't pumped forward quick enough.

Bielsa would have been a guaranteed disaster with that squad though
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25927 on: January 27, 2023, 09:43:57 am »
Biggest shout is that he didn't get Burnley relegated and while true, he put them in that position while playing terrible football before getting sacked/walking before a no mark came in and nearly saved them by playing much better

could be carnage

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25928 on: January 27, 2023, 09:49:16 am »
Not looking forward to the derby game. More than usual, they'll really be out to kick the shit out of our players and injure as many as possible. It would really be lovely if they went down, if only not to have to be worried about these talentless fucks venting their frustrations on our players.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25929 on: January 27, 2023, 09:53:34 am »
He’ll have that same white shirt on the touchline, just with a nice snazzy blue and white shiny tie instead. Eurgh.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #25930 on: January 27, 2023, 09:57:04 am »
Always has to come back to dogs of war with these. Their fans will buy into the alehouse and shithouse tactics. They boo if the ball isn't pumped forward quick enough.

Bielsa would have been a guaranteed disaster with that squad though

He had a run in with Klopp. That will be good enough for them
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25931 on: January 27, 2023, 09:57:14 am »
Everton going full ‘dogs of war’ again with Dyche. It’s going to be grim.
Will look a bit ridiculous when they make him dye his ginger beard blue tho.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25932 on: January 27, 2023, 09:57:58 am »
He is pushing it timewise if he takes over sells Gordan then tries to get players in to play his system - Wood will probably be included if Gordan goes to Newcastle.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #25933 on: January 27, 2023, 09:59:21 am »
Maybe he can bring back Aaron Lennon to check on the clock.
AHA!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25934 on: January 27, 2023, 10:00:26 am »
It's not even going to approach the lofty heights of 'grim'.  There's no way that a broadcaster will be allowed to show it to children, and only to consenting adults if they have written consent from their doctors.

It's going to be shite.

We land in Tenerife at about 12:30 and the kids want to go watch it. There's a bar ran by a red not far from the hotel, we'll go there, but I'm not looking forwards to it at all.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25935 on: January 27, 2023, 10:03:57 am »
I'd imagine the wiser heads in their fanbase will accept that Dyche is their best chance at staying up. Miguel Delaney proved right that Bielsa flying in meant nothing. It must have been one quick meeting. Sky suggesting Bielsa felt he needed a preseason for his methods to work (you don't say) , whereas Dyche has already worked with a few of the players

Here comes all that "Dogs of War" shite again...

But isn't that what a portion of their fanbase have wanted? Their best times have seemingly been associated with relegation dogfights
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:09:02 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25936 on: January 27, 2023, 10:09:41 am »
Anthony Gordon looks happy he's leaving soon

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25937 on: January 27, 2023, 10:11:54 am »
I'd imagine the wiser heads in their fanbase will accept that Dyche is their best chance at staying up. Miguel Delaney proved right that Bielsa flying in meant nothing. It must have been one quick meeting. Sky suggesting Bielsa felt he needed a preseason for his methods to work (you don't say) , whereas Dyche has already worked with a few of the players

But isn't that what a portion of their fanbase have wanted? Their best times have seemingly been associated with relegation dogfights
It is exactly what they want. Pashun ain’t it.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #25938 on: January 27, 2023, 10:14:40 am »
He is pushing it timewise if he takes over sells Gordan then tries to get players in to play his system - Wood will probably be included if Gordan goes to Newcastle.

Wood has gone to Forest hasn't he?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #25939 on: January 27, 2023, 10:19:47 am »
Dyche is probably the best of a bunch of shitty options available but he won't keep them up. They're fucked.

Although as many have said, the Derby is going to be dire.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25940 on: January 27, 2023, 10:20:13 am »
He had a run in with Klopp. That will be good enough for them
He'll have another one too in a couple of weeks.

It'll be an insurance against too much scrutiny once they realise he's a childhood RS.

Imagine though, after hounding out Rafa for his links to us, an actual RS taking them down. Personally I think they'll stay up by hook or crook, but it won't be easy.

By the way, we played them 14 times under Dyche and won 10. 2 of the games we dropped points in were behind closed doors (we'd won the league and then had no defenders in the other one)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #25941 on: January 27, 2023, 10:25:05 am »
He'll have another one too in a couple of weeks.

It'll be an insurance against too much scrutiny once they realise he's a childhood RS.

Imagine though, after hounding out Rafa for his links to us, an actual RS taking them down. Personally I think they'll stay up by hook or crook, but it won't be easy.

By the way, we played them 14 times under Dyche and won 10. 2 of the games we dropped points in were behind closed doors (we'd won the league and then had no defenders in the other one)

I am not so sure he will keep them up. His record at Burnley is decent, but he had a little time in the Championship to mould a squad, admittedly with limited funds, that was capable of keeping them up. I think defensively they are pretty solid but goals have been their problem all season. I still don`t see how they are going to win enough games.

It says a lot about where that club are now. Perhaps this is the management appointment that finally makes a lot of their fans realise where they really are in the pecking order. Biesla turning them down says a lot. Do you think he would turn down the likes of Spurs, Chelsea if he didn`t like the make up of their squad mid season ? I doubt it.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25942 on: January 27, 2023, 10:31:59 am »
Circling the drain now. Dyche isn't going to reverse that.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #25943 on: January 27, 2023, 10:32:23 am »
You've appointed another tory you fucking idiots  :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25944 on: January 27, 2023, 10:34:22 am »
Circling the drain now. Dyche isn't going to reverse that.

They’re making out they turned down Bielsa, it was the other way round.

Already seen clips doing the rounds on Twitter of Klopp and Dyche’s run in… different breed them.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #25945 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:51 am »
Bielsa did indeed turn them down. But I think that could end up being a blessing in disguise. He would have been a huge risk/reward appointment.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #25946 on: January 27, 2023, 10:39:10 am »
So they're just cycling through managers that have had a touch line bust up with Jurgen?

Arteta will be counting himself lucky things are going well for him at the mo!

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #25947 on: January 27, 2023, 10:40:44 am »
You've appointed another tory you fucking idiots  :lmao

He's an oxymoron. He's a liverpool supporting Tory !

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25948 on: January 27, 2023, 10:41:44 am »
Anthony Gordon caught trying to leave Finch Farm by Sean Dyche as he turns up for his first day.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25949 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:21 am »

Nothing new there.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25950 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:23 am »
Tremendously exciting this. They've sort of accepted that instead of bumbling around mid-table like they did for years, they're now a team solely aiming to avoid relegation and hiring managers accordingly. And that sort of team always end up getting flushed, at least once.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25951 on: January 27, 2023, 10:45:16 am »
They're We're so shit I think they could step up and get some sort of result.

;) ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25952 on: January 27, 2023, 10:46:13 am »
It is exactly what they want. Pashun ain’t it.

Their highlights from the past 30 years include "Big Dunc" throttling someone, and Funes Mori clattering Origi then grabbing the badge after being sent off (in a 4-0 defeat). That's what they want to see.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25953 on: January 27, 2023, 10:47:40 am »
As soon as he keeps them up with his awful football (if he does) they’ll suddenly decide they deserve a better style of football at the School of Science and turn on him. He gets paid either way of course. At this stage the big payoff when you inevitably get the boot is the best part of the job.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25954 on: January 27, 2023, 10:49:45 am »
They’re making out they turned down Bielsa, it was the other way round.

Already seen clips doing the rounds on Twitter of Klopp and Dyche’s run in… different breed them.
They just don't seem to get it do they. Time and time again. They'll be saying he gets us next.

Celebrating a yard dog manager overlooking yard dog tactics having a go at one of the best managers around who's won it all. If I remember rightly that was a game at Turf Moor that we won 3-0 when they tried kicking lumps out of us.

Dyche won't be able to risk playing to the gallery. A bit more disrespect towards Klopp. Kick lumps out of us too. A couple of comments in the media. It's the classic playbook for one of their managers looking to get his feet under the table.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25955 on: January 27, 2023, 10:50:02 am »
Tremendously exciting this. They've sort of accepted that instead of bumbling around mid-table like they did for years, they're now a team solely aiming to avoid relegation and hiring managers accordingly. And that sort of team always end up getting flushed, at least once.

All their problems started when 17th was deemed good enough. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #25956 on: January 27, 2023, 10:50:40 am »
Fat Sam Sean

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25957 on: January 27, 2023, 10:53:30 am »
As soon as he keeps them up with his awful football (if he does) they’ll suddenly decide they deserve a better style of football at the School of Science and turn on him. He gets paid either way of course. At this stage the big payoff when you inevitably get the boot is the best part of the job.

Rinse and repeat!

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25958 on: January 27, 2023, 11:01:16 am »
https://talksport.com/football/929860/sean-dyche-burnley-press-conference-jurgen-klopp-premier-league/

“I was a 70s child so everyone was a Liverpool fan but I lived in Kettering so I couldn’t get up there all the time, I was a distant Liverpool fan.”

For Dyche, Dalglish was the one who put a glint in his eye.

“My first recollection of them was at seven years old, then at about eight or nine when you start zooming in on what it’s really about,” he told talkSPORT of his love for Liverpool growing up.

“You start getting your favourite players, mine was King Kenny – as a kid why wouldn’t he be your favourite player?

“Souness as well,” he added, while hailing the character of the late Ray Clemence. “What a fantastic player, no airs and graces.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25959 on: January 27, 2023, 11:02:07 am »
Bielsa is genuinely a madman. Thank God he didn't end up with this lot, because they doesn't deserve him.