Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2215325 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #21800 on: October 20, 2022, 05:05:23 am »
happy-clappy blues didn't last. back to their old ways https://twitter.com/kevyoun98832081/status/1582850529033527296

FC Class & Dignity at it again.

On another subject. I wonder when these divvies are going to realise Lampard is a terrible manager.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21801 on: October 20, 2022, 06:40:54 am »
Letting the city down yet again. Scumbags.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #21802 on: October 20, 2022, 07:05:30 am »
If you read the comments from that thread, a few people saying it was fans from both sides acting like twats and throwing fire works, probably a bit more to it than just Everton fans being out of order

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21803 on: October 20, 2022, 07:06:02 am »

On another subject. I wonder when these divvies are going to realise Lampard is a terrible manager.

If they had any sense, they'd bin Lampard off and throw everything they can at Pochettino, in the same way they did with Ancelotti, before a Villa or a Leicester pick him up. Doubt they can afford to sack another manager though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21804 on: October 20, 2022, 08:09:27 am »
Lampard's PPG as Everton Manager: 1.18
Rafa's PPG as Everton Manager: 1.18

Everton's games before the WC are Palace, Fulham, Leicester, Bournemouth.
If he can't improve his record in that run, Lampard surely has to go.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #21805 on: October 20, 2022, 08:12:21 am »

I heard that Moshi-la is going waiting for Stevie G to be available before binning off FFL.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21806 on: October 20, 2022, 08:13:57 am »

I think that possibly just shows that Lampard isn’t really doing a horrific job - they’re just utter shite?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21807 on: October 20, 2022, 08:31:48 am »
Imagine if it was Rafa at the helm. They'd be looking to lynch him if he dished this kind of drivel up every week.

On past history, it'd probably end up with them lynching one of his neighbours instead of him.  ;D

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21808 on: October 20, 2022, 08:43:46 am »
I think that possibly just shows that Lampard isn’t really doing a horrific job - they’re just utter shite?

A little from Column A, a little from Column B?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21809 on: October 20, 2022, 09:20:41 am »

A lot of them view Rafa as their worst ever manager so fuck knows why they think Lampard is doing a great job. I guess the euphoria from surviving last season still hasn't worn off

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21810 on: October 20, 2022, 09:41:34 am »
Genuinely think they could be in danger again this season. Especially if Leicester get their act together.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #21811 on: October 20, 2022, 10:07:58 am »
happy-clappy blues didn't last. back to their old ways https://twitter.com/kevyoun98832081/status/1582850529033527296

Second vid in that thread, and at one point the Geordie kid says "bit dangerous innit". Couldn't help thinking "You wanna try living in your owners' dictatorship"
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21812 on: October 20, 2022, 10:10:12 am »
I wonder when these divvies are going to realise Lampard is a terrible manager.

Hopefully not until it's far too late
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #21813 on: October 20, 2022, 10:15:21 am »

Since they sacked Koeman in 2018 the managers usually last about 18-months before they bin them off (caretakers like Drunken don't count) so Frank likely has until late this season before they bin him off.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21814 on: October 20, 2022, 10:16:57 am »

Hopefully not until it's far too late
That's the hope. They hated Rafa, they hated Fat Sam, so there was always an undercurrent even when they won a few. But they think he's great and love him because he told Klopp to fuck off. It keeps his shitness under the radar which like you is fine by me.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #21815 on: October 20, 2022, 10:20:38 am »
A lot of them view Rafa as their worst ever manager so fuck knows why they think Lampard is doing a great job. I guess the euphoria from surviving last season still hasn't worn off
Bitterness is a helluva drug
YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21816 on: October 20, 2022, 10:34:16 am »
If they had any sense, they'd bin Lampard off and throw everything they can at Pochettino, in the same way they did with Ancelotti, before a Villa or a Leicester pick him up. Doubt they can afford to sack another manager though.
I know they just kept upping the salary on offer until he couldn't say no, but it still beggars belief that a manager of Ancelotti's calibre ever went near these.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21817 on: October 20, 2022, 10:38:07 am »
On past history, it'd probably end up with them lynching one of his neighbours instead of him.  ;D
True.  ;D

I drove past Rafa's neighbours' house the other day and had a little chuckle to myself about the banner.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21818 on: October 20, 2022, 10:38:59 am »
Hilarious that freshly back from a suspension, Gordon managed to get himself booked again for a mix of a dive and the aftermath to it. He’s such a spiky little twat. A lot of attitude with not a huge amount to back it up with at the moment.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21819 on: October 20, 2022, 11:02:01 am »

For some reason they were pissed with Rafa as their goal was finishing in top half, top 8, now that they have Lampard, aparently avoiding relegation for 2 years in a row is a great achievement.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21820 on: October 20, 2022, 11:04:57 am »
So Rafa's only mistake was not telling Klopp to fuck off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #21821 on: October 20, 2022, 11:31:50 am »
Genuinely think they could be in danger again this season. Especially if Leicester get their act together.

I think they'd need Leicester, plus one of Southampton and Wolves to get going. They're not too far off the relegation zone but GD is working in their favour right now and that pre-WC stretch of fixtures will define their season

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #21822 on: October 20, 2022, 11:46:40 am »
The difference between Rafa and tory Frank is, they never wanted Rafa, but they chose Frank. So he was and is always going to get more time from their support. As long as he manages to keep them away from getting dragged into a relegation battle, he'll be sound.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21823 on: October 20, 2022, 11:47:05 am »

Yeah but compare the abuse Rafa got from the fans compared to the support Lampard has had. Goodison was completely toxic.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #21824 on: October 20, 2022, 11:55:29 am »
The thing now with Rafa is that 2 of their better players - the Scottish RB and the Ukrainian LB - were criticised to high heaven when it happened and Digne went.

Looks like could be their best bit of transfer business in ages
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21825 on: October 20, 2022, 12:00:05 pm »
Hilarious that freshly back from a suspension, Gordon managed to get himself booked again for a mix of a dive and the aftermath to it. He’s such a spiky little twat. A lot of attitude with not a huge amount to back it up with at the moment.

Proper thick as well. How many yellows is that for diving this season alone? 3? He's racked up 6 yellows in total so far according to FBref so I'm assuming at least half are for simulation.

Anyone with half a brain would realise that having this kind of reputation is going to turn the referees against you and make your life as an attacker a million times harder.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21826 on: October 20, 2022, 12:04:14 pm »
Proper thick as well. How many yellows is that for diving this season alone? 3? He's racked up 6 yellows in total so far according to FBref so I'm assuming at least half are for simulation.

Anyone with half a brain would realise that having this kind of reputation is going to turn the referees against you and make your life as an attacker a million times harder.

True. Think if you get 10 yellows before a certain time you then get a two match ban don’t you? He seems nailed on to get that. Probably before the World Cup!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #21827 on: October 20, 2022, 12:21:08 pm »

And Chelsea where willing to pay 45 mill for him this summer  :o  Sure, buy potential, but he’s not that much potential either, and a nasty little shit to go with it (although that may have been part of the appeal to a club like that).

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #21828 on: October 20, 2022, 12:55:00 pm »
For the locals..

Has Everton said anything about what they are going to do with Goodison once BMD is done?  What is going to happen to the site and area?

The big question is are they taking the cuckoo clock with them ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21829 on: October 20, 2022, 12:58:04 pm »
And Chelsea where willing to pay 45 mill for him this summer  :o  Sure, buy potential, but he’s not that much potential either, and a nasty little shit to go with it (although that may have been part of the appeal to a club like that).

He's Suarez without the talent. Richarlison was the same with his antics but at least has some ability.

Gordon has some talent but he's not that good.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21830 on: October 20, 2022, 01:02:31 pm »
He's Suarez without the talent. Richarlison was the same with his antics but at least has some ability.

Gordon has some talent but he's not that good.

:duh

No he's not, he's far, far worse for 'antics' than Luis ever was. His whole mindset is getting into a position where he can dive, obviously the closer to the penalty area the better. I've never seen anything like it. Its obviously been drilled into him from a young age, but I've never seen someone who is literally just looking to dive when he gets the ball. Even the great divers like Ronaldo, Klinsmann, Kane etc, its only a part of their game. For him it seems to define him. Incredibly odd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21831 on: October 20, 2022, 02:39:39 pm »

No he's not, he's far, far worse for 'antics' than Luis ever was. His whole mindset is getting into a position where he can dive, obviously the closer to the penalty area the better. I've never seen anything like it. Its obviously been drilled into him from a young age, but I've never seen someone who is literally just looking to dive when he gets the ball. Even the great divers like Ronaldo, Klinsmann, Kane etc, its only a part of their game. For him it seems to define him. Incredibly odd.

I know he's worse. Gordon is one of the worst divers I've ever seen, if not the worst. Richarlison similar. Gordon is unbelievable. A proper manager would have had serious words with him because it's doing them no favours (he's getting booked for diving every week) but Lampards whole schtick is being a cheating prick and clearly encourages him.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #21832 on: October 20, 2022, 03:00:57 pm »
Coady and Tarkowski were good signings (for them), teams only seem to get 1 or 2 against them. That said they are struggling down the other end and rely on nicking one and keeping a clean sheet.

One or more of those centre backs getting injured and they are toast
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #21833 on: October 20, 2022, 03:13:41 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #21834 on: October 20, 2022, 04:09:00 pm »
Coady and Tarkowski were good signings (for them), teams only seem to get 1 or 2 against them. That said they are struggling down the other end and rely on nicking one and keeping a clean sheet.

One or more of those centre backs getting injured and they are toast

Our defence has been our Achilles heel this season leaking goals left, right and centre. Everton’s sterling defence has been nigh on impregnable.

Imagine my surprise looking at the table when I saw we’ve both conceded 12 goals.

And as they don’t score goals you can see their problems on the horizon.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #21835 on: October 20, 2022, 04:17:49 pm »
https://twitter.com/efcdaily_/status/1582769064300408832?s=61&t=3vK5cG4rhL8E6w-D-2qluA

Some amazing suggestions on who they should buy.

Someone in those replies actually saying they’ve made progress.

They spent a fair bit again last window, although a lot of it was balanced by selling Richarlison of course. Only time they didn’t spend was when Rafa was there, but they think they are making progress, for what they are spending on this team, they seem to be going backwards, it’s incredible. They’ve won 2 games, oh wait, 3, they beat League 1 Fleetwood 1-0 in the League Cup.

The irony I suppose, is the best transfers they’ve made recently have been the ones that cost them nothing or very little.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21836 on: October 20, 2022, 04:26:28 pm »

His aim isn't to get the ball in order to pass it, move it, or score with it. It's just to go down on his arse with it to try and win a pen or set piece.  I bet if players stood off him and didn't even try tackling he'd end up just stopping and looking around with a "what do I do now?" look.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21837 on: October 20, 2022, 05:26:15 pm »
They should have taken Chelsea's hand off when they offered £45m for Gordon. Imagine getting £105m for him and Richarlson  :o

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21838 on: October 20, 2022, 06:20:57 pm »
Our defence has been our Achilles heel this season leaking goals left, right and centre. Everton’s sterling defence has been nigh on impregnable.

Imagine my surprise looking at the table when I saw we’ve both conceded 12 goals.

And as they don’t score goals you can see their problems on the horizon.

And that's despite parking the bus every game and wasting time at every opportunity.

Also, didn't they supposedly want Lampard for his more attacking football? Their tactics are far more negative than they were under Rafa. May as well have got Allardyce back.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21839 on: October 20, 2022, 06:40:24 pm »
They should have taken Chelsea's hand off when they offered £45m for Gordon. Imagine getting £105m for him and Richarlson  :o

Still can't believe how much Spurs paid for Pigeon Boy. About twice his worth. Glad he's injured.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 06:53:09 pm by Nobby Reserve »